This is not the thread you're looking for...

Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
edited April 2020 in The Commons

What feelings/emotions are felt when you see this?

Ha Ha ..sorry a bit of a disaster fixing the pic.....but I feel intimidated and creative at the same time. It's like staring at a blank canvas.

....So this thread turned out to be about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Computer crashed after posting this but considering its taken me this long to get back online, the answers to a thread with no image were quite funny and unexpected. I just stared at an empty Daz void hoping creativity would jump out at me and wondered what other Daz users felt and thought while staring at the same thing.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 7.05.43 PM.png
2964 x 2394 - 339K
Post edited by Fungible User on

Comments

• Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
    edited February 2020

Post edited by Fungible User on
  • did you delete your attachment after linking it?

• Hmmm ... when I see a big blank square .... I feel like using my old photography excuses on mistakes like naming it: 'before inspiration' or 'polar bear in a snowstorm' ... quite depressing actually because it was a failure.

Oh ... wait ... it is a blank square because it has a broken link and I cannot see the actual image ... hmmm ... when I see that broken link it makes me feel curious ... makes me think there is something there I should not see and I want to see it even more ... ... ...

• GreeboGreebo Posts: 161

My creativity frequently goes AWOL

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

a blank canvas makes me feel possibilities

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,119

Excitement for what will be.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

well I think that the OP's avatar image is a snowman caught out in a snow storm.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    Chohole said:

well I think that the OP's avatar image is a snowman caught out in a snow storm.

Nah, you got all wrong.  It's a rab rat hiding in a pile of baby powder.

• galattgalatt Posts: 223
    When I see that I think "oh great. What didn't convert properly this time?"
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792
    edited February 2020

His/her name is empty and their avatar is...empty. And he/she said "it's like staring at a blank canvas." So an early April Fools joke or wondering how we feel staring at a blank canvas... So to answer the question, how do I feel staring at a blank canvas? Wanting to fill it with whatever crazy, creative, imaginative ideas that come to mind. 

Post edited by Wonderland on

To be honest, I'm a bit concerned for the OP. His/her name is empty with a blank avatar and then this post. It could be a sign of deep depression. I hope he/she is OK.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited February 2020

How does a missing pictures in a forum to start a thread  makes me feel?   like the person posting the thread and missing image has no clue how to post image s to the forum...

Oh wait were you were being rhetorical?.. Cue drums   DUM DUM DUM

Post edited by Ivy on
  • An art store owner might want to put it back on the shelf and sell it to somebody.

A psychiatrist, might see years of therapy for this patient.

A billboard company might see loss of income.

• A blank canvas is full of possibilities.

Ivy said:

How does a missing pictures in a forum to start a thread  makes me feel?   like the person posting the thread and missing image has no clue how to post image s to the forum...

No, I think it's either a depressed  person feeling "empty" crying out for help or just someone being snarky. 

Ivy said:

No, I think it's either a depressed  person feeling "empty" crying out for help or just someone being snarky. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,119

Eh. Reading too much in, I think.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,362
    This makes me feel good, reminding me how far I've come since MY first days of posting in these forums - HA HA!
  • I feel emptiness, just like the OP's SN

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716

I don't know that I feel anything, though it does make me wonder. Now, is wondering a feeling, or just a state of being? Is this real, am I dreaming, or am I caught in the Matrix .......

Hmmm ..... now I feel uncertain about life, unable to understand the meaning of this cryptic message. Consumed by doubt and despair ..... or is it just bloating from what I just ate. Ok, definitely what I ate, life's good again, but time for more caffeine!!

Now what was the question?

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,712

An endless void of questions with inevitable answers…

How many women will fill this new universe? How many of them will be skinny and white? How long will they wait at the numerous bus stops? How soon until they learn that even with their seven-foot swords and titanium bikini armor, they are yet unable to get toilet seats to open? If nothing else, will there ever be a more evolved cat? Only time will tell.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

At first, sadness that there was a broken link with no image.

Then, happiness that there was an entire page full of funny replies.

I'm very torn.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,018

Looks exactly like my experience of Daz for years: nothing I clicked on worked and anyway I could never find it again. And if I managed to load something by mistake, it was way over there and out of sight before I knew it.

• mightguy15mightguy15 Posts: 56
    edited February 2020
    empty said:

Anger, depression and sadness.

But then relief as I realize this image is intentinally blank and it's not just my computer being garbage again.

Post edited by mightguy15 on
  • after your poem in the another sales thread, I had to come back here in case you were having an existensial crisis surprise

but

it appears it was just renderers block and a failed upload cheeky

• lol, If I ever thought a thread that I created would just die quickly...it would be this one...the poem (from another thread) was actually from a song of West Side Story. I was very glad this thread had reached page 4 and no one would ever see it again...drifting to the depths of forgetfullness. Please, gentle readers of this thread, let this die with the respect (or lack of) this deserves....and never respond.

• Hope everybody saw the new coupon codes for today ... more free stuff!

• gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221

The empty space in my head. 

NylonGirl said:

An endless void of questions with inevitable answers…

How many women will fill this new universe? How many of them will be skinny and white? How long will they wait at the numerous bus stops? How soon until they learn that even with their seven-foot swords and titanium bikini armor, they are yet unable to get toilet seats to open? If nothing else, will there ever be a more evolved cat? Only time will tell.

LOL laughlaughlaugh

• empty said:

lol, If I ever thought a thread that I created would just die quickly...it would be this one...the poem (from another thread) was actually from a song of West Side Story. I was very glad this thread had reached page 4 and no one would ever see it again...drifting to the depths of forgetfullness. Please, gentle readers of this thread, let this die with the respect (or lack of) this deserves....and never respond.

That was guaranteed to prevent it from fading away. Have you never seen the 'Please ignore this' thread? I do ignore it, so have never read any of it, but there appears to be a lot of very active ignoring going on.