The Too Hot Too Cold And I Need A Beer Legendary Complaint Thread

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Catching some UV's myself right now, has got real sunny here this morning after a cool start to the day :)

I tend to get better UV's flatmapped than in a spherical position
    but am mostly boxed inside and need vitamin D
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...Vicky4s? Aiko3s? David5s? ;-)

The warm kind :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Catching some UV's myself right now, has got real sunny here this morning after a cool start to the day :)

I tend to get better UV's flatmapped than in a spherical position
    but am mostly boxed inside and need vitamin D

If I lay down I'll just go to sleep - not a good look - so the cylinder wrap will have to do for now :lol:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    we have rain and thunder

...more wind (natch') and light rain here.

...and they call Chicago the "Windy City" (of course that nickname came from something else there than the local weather).

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...Vicky4s? Aiko3s? David5s? ;-)

The warm kind :)
    ...ahh, what they "say" we will be getting here next week (finally).

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I was expecting rain here today, but it turned out to be a decent day. Still a little chilly, but warmer than it's been.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    http://www.ssusc.org/

That's a big ship :O

A cruise ship called the Queen Mary was in the Melbourne harbour a few weeks ago, was about 250 feet tall and 1000 feet long :)

...the Queen Mary II is indeed huge. During the summer season she makes transatlantic crossings between New York and Southampton. One of my "Lotto dream" trips is to take the train (sleeper car) all the way across the country. and then the QM II to England. That would be total class. Flying lost all it's appeal after the Concorde went out of service.

There were two of them anchored in the bay at the same time, huge with sheer windowed sides like floating apartment blocks, quite dazzling :)

Proud Mary haz big paddle wheel :lol:

rollin down the river

catfish are jumpin

edited December 1969

We got paddle steamers still on the mighty Murray river http://www.emmylou.com.au

edited April 2014

hd scr'ch ... scetchfab?

yumma hot toasty buttery cornmuffin :)

i ended up watching drew cary on latelateshow and craig on price is right after all.

drew played with the mini drew marrionette craig keeps under his desk, and brought his announcer guy.

craig brought geoff, secratariat, shadow stevens, and his snake mug to price is right. a contestant spent more time hugging secratariat than her new truck she won.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    We got paddle steamers still on the mighty Murray river http://www.emmylou.com.au

whahhh? wanna go pirate party!!! :cheese:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

...all fine looking vessels there. Someday If I ever get down there have to book a couple days on the Emmy Lou.
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,177
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Have you ever traveled on one of those ships?

Dana

edited December 1969

...silly question.

Just transferred a character head morph to Genesis (1) with GenX. Reset the slider parameter to go from 0 - 1 ("off" - "on"), However, whenever I close and reopen the application, the parameter range resets back to "-10 - +10". As I haven't done this for a while, I forgot how to save parameter setting changes.

edited December 1969

TGIF and Oscar Mike Golf unemployed ! moment all at once. That is confusing :lol:

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

A replica one on a lake once, not the Echuca ones. One of my first jobs was with the art department on a riverboat series years ago :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

A replica one on a lake once, not the Echuca ones. One of my first jobs was with the art department on a riverboat series years ago :lol:

So you work on TV and/or film productions?

Dana

edited April 2014

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

So you work on TV and/or film productions?

Dana

Mostly, unemployed ah um freelancing as of 1430 this afternoon :lol: Needz a rest for a few weeks, haz big tired nao :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

...woah, you were laid off?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...woah, you were laid off?

Oh no, job finished on schedule so nothing left to do :)

edited December 1969

...ah, contract work then.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    My concern is that if books are totally abandoned and destroyed to "make space for progress" or whatever, and we are hit with a few well placed EMP's, it would be all over for this country. We all depend too much on our electronics.

Dana

There was a book my grandpa was reading that something similar happened. 'Clear as the Moon'

"...The United States, stunned by the nuclear detonation in Washington, D.C., and further crippled by the EMP attack on the whole country, is on the brink of destruction. The unscrupulous leaders who have banded together to toss out the Constitution and divide the ruling of the world between themselves have all but achieved their objective."Hmm... an EMP attack is not what I would worry over. That happens and soon everything would be mostly back to normal, it would just be run by whomever had invaded and taken over. The real threat in my eyes is a massive Solar discharge. They too cause EMP, have been measured to be large enough to blanket the entire earth at one time and could very well turn everything off. That would be the one that plunged us all back in time Life Style wise and would take years to rebuild and recover from. Not if one country EMP'ed another, that only hurts the one part of the world, the rest of the world would still have all the modern things.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...ah, contract work then.

Yes just short term contracts. We call it freelancing, a euphemism for mostly unemployed really :lol: No complaints tho, needing to catch up on some sleep and have some unscheduled fun for a while :)

edited December 1969

...that's what I usually use to describe gaps in employment when asked about it.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    My concern is that if books are totally abandoned and destroyed to "make space for progress" or whatever, and we are hit with a few well placed EMP's, it would be all over for this country. We all depend too much on our electronics.

Dana

There was a book my grandpa was reading that something similar happened. 'Clear as the Moon'

"...The United States, stunned by the nuclear detonation in Washington, D.C., and further crippled by the EMP attack on the whole country, is on the brink of destruction. The unscrupulous leaders who have banded together to toss out the Constitution and divide the ruling of the world between themselves have all but achieved their objective."

Hmm... an EMP attack is not what I would worry over. That happens and soon everything would be mostly back to normal, it would just be run by whomever had invaded and taken over. The real threat in my eyes is a massive Solar discharge. They too cause EMP, have been measured to be large enough to blanket the entire earth at one time and could very well turn everything off. That would be the one that plunged us all back in time Life Style wise and would take years to rebuild and recover from. Not if one country EMP'ed another, that only hurts the one part of the world, the rest of the world would still have all the modern things.

Well, the thing is that such an attack would probably wipe out a lot of data, too. Rebuilding data stores would be quite an intensive job, and it might not be possible in some cases. Data on magnetic tape might not survive. Optical drive backups may survive, but machinery that was running would be damaged. Of course, there aren't many factories in this country anymore, so we wouldn't have to worry about the plants being damaged. There are a lot of things that could be major issues, though. If banks and retailers are as lax with their backup strategies as they have been with their hacker security strategies, the financial world would go belly-up!

Humpty Dumpty, folks! :lol:

Dana

edited December 1969

Got a delivery date for new compy but is the middle of next month, about forty sleeps away. Hmmmm complaint? At least there is a delivery date. Dates are only rantworthy if they get broken I guess :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Got a delivery date for new compy but is the middle of next month, about forty sleeps away. Hmmmm complaint? At least there is a delivery date. Dates are only rantworthy if they get broken I guess :)

Wow, that's a long wait! Why so long?

Dana

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2014

DanaTA said:
    Humpty Dumpty, folks! :lol:

Dana

This I do fully agree with. One major Economic Fall and the whole house of cards could come down. Who wins that one? The folks with the most real gold reserves, as in bullion not stocks. Of course that would not help the average person on the street in that place, just those with the Power to use the said reserves to barter with.

EDIT: These are all reasons I am a fully trained primitive survivalist. I would need help now days but could teach another and keep us both alive if needed.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

hd scr'ch ... scetchfab?...

Sketchfab is a website used to display 3D content online using WebGL (ie a fairly modern browser) (wikipaedia). A bit like the DAZ store, although you can spin the models around and view from any angle, and it's mostly aimed at props (ie models of actual "stuff"), rather than clothes etc.
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited April 2014

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Wow, that's a long wait! Why so long?
    That's about standard for down here... and knowing Ps1's compute farm there's probably some Pretty Non-standard Hardware in the order - required to get ordered, fabricated, shipped in, tested, installed, etc... not "off the shelf" parts... v(^_^)v

Post edited by M F M on
This discussion has been closed.