The Too Hot Too Cold And I Need A Beer Legendary Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,177
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    every so often i like to look at the bestsellers on amazon, to see what being competitive means.

with a couple of exceptions, the top 100 in scifi fantasy are all kindle editions. :bug: are books dying?

Why not? The English language is dying! Nobody knows proper grammar anymore, let alone how to make an actual sentence!

books - those papery blog things. lol

i don't even have a kindle.

Nor do I. I do kind of like the idea of 100 books taking up no more room than the little, flat, tablet. But having backups would be terribly important. Hardware is too fragile and finicky to leave your books in only one place. My bookcases are full, no more room. So I haven't bought more than a couple of books over the past few years.

Dana

i still get stuck on who and whom. sometimes i get stuck on was and were. wish i could lol, but it's kinda sad. he was, they were, the huddle of people were - was? to be or not to be

I'd have to say...the huddle was. You're speaking of the huddle, not the people. The people are what comprises the huddle. Simple enough if you break it down.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    We are hoping for a good turnout on our new pack to hopefully pay most of our taxes.

..need either a miracle or hitting the Lotto to pay mine.
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Complaint: Far too frustrated with my lack of art progress. Discouraged and overwhelmed with the current project I took on. Should have known better. The artist I'm doing the picture for says I should just take my time and not worry about it, but that's just making me worry more ><</p>

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Complaint: Far too frustrated with my lack of art progress. Discouraged and overwhelmed with the current project I took on. Should have known better. The artist I'm doing the picture for says I should just take my time and not worry about it, but that's just making me worry more ><

This is easy to say, but hard to do (for me too): try to relax and enjoy the process of creating. :)
    You are a talented artist with excellent instincts, Rezca. I have seen ample evidence of that here.
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Complaint: Far too frustrated with my lack of art progress. Discouraged and overwhelmed with the current project I took on. Should have known better. The artist I'm doing the picture for says I should just take my time and not worry about it, but that's just making me worry more ><

Those are quite normal, it would be a worry if you weren't feeling them. But feeling it isn't being it. It is possible to have those feelings and go forward in a positive way knowing doubt will be a companion in any creative endeavour and believing you can do it anyway :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

Anybody know of any great tutorials on building filters in Filter Forge. I can adjust and alter existing just not comfortable making my own

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

]
    He's past one hundred thousand miles then *likes* :lol:
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Anybody know of any great tutorials on building filters in Filter Forge. I can adjust and alter existing just not comfortable making my own

This one is for the basics

http://vimeo.com/50422621

part of this collection

http://www.filterforge.com/more/tutorials/

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Cool. I liked your Superman, too! That hair is perfect! But, it's damn expensive! :down:

Dana

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

https://www.geekatplay.com/filter-forge-tutorials.php

Dunno how 'great' they are, but here's some more :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

Awesome thank you

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2014

Umm... on the Topic of Books. I have been raised with books. Some of the best times in my life have been reading a good book. Okay, I agree a E-reader is nice, very portable and you can carry a load of reading material around with you. To me that is the reason for them, not the death of books. I am at this very time adding new Hard bound editions of some of my favorite books and even some New current best sellers to my real book library. To me a book is real, has a place on a book shelve and that book shelve has many good books to keep the others company. Next to this shelve or set of shelves is a nice comfy chair, often overstuffed, a small table to lay down the current book your reading on and a lamp of some type, mine is a free standing one, that provides the perfect reading light. I have a Library corner in my living room. And it is often the first thing people notice and admire in any home. A Home Library a kindle e-reader just does not make. There is Both in my life. And both fit very well together.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Great render there. Nice work for sure.
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited April 2014

Frank0314 said:
    We are hoping for a good turnout on our new pack to hopefully pay most of our taxes.

When's it coming out Frank? I always like what you guys come up with. :coolsmile:
    Post edited by Miss B on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited April 2014

Rezca said:
    Frank0314 said:

https://www.geekatplay.com/filter-forge-tutorials.php
    I was just looking at those the other day. I found I don't use FF often enough, and I need to learn more about it to put it to better use.

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

Drizzly rain and a big wind is sending us home early, just as well am as worn out as a one armed back slapper today :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited December 1969

Pam (Chohole) certainly makes some lovely textures for MFD
    great for medieval crowds

women.gif
    800 x 400 - 8M
    edited December 1969

I wonder, are the textures still applicable to the new version of MFD for G2F? The old textures for the V3 version used to be useable on the V4 version. Does that carry forward, or is it back to the drawing board? Do you know?

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

I wonder, are the textures still applicable to the new version of MFD for G2F? The old textures for the V3 version used to be useable on the V4 version. Does that carry forward, or is it back to the drawing board? Do you know?

DanaAll but a few textures work on all the MDF's. It's great that DAZ did that.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

All but a few textures work on all the MDF's. It's great that DAZ did that.

Thanks. I just picked up the G2F version the other day. I don't have much for G2F, though. I don't even have a lot for Genesis 1. But at least I have the shapes/morphs for it. And I have V5. I got M5/V5 on a CD with a magazine last year. I wonder if I can get support for them through DAZ3D, by which I mean any updates and such. It's not in my history here.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Jaderail said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Thanks. I just picked up the G2F version the other day. I don't have much for G2F, though. I don't even have a lot for Genesis 1. But at least I have the shapes/morphs for it. And I have V5. I got M5/V5 on a CD with a magazine last year. I wonder if I can get support for them through DAZ3D, by which I mean any updates and such. It's not in my history here.

DanaAs long as you have Proof of purchase DAZ 3D will add the content (I think) to your Products Library. They did for my DAZ 3D book that came with a CD of content. No promises but you got nothing to lose. Send Support a ticket with all your info. The Worse that can happen is they say no.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    DanaTA said:
    Jaderail said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

DanaAs long as you have Proof of purchase DAZ 3D will add the content (I think) to your Products Library. They did for my DAZ 3D book that came with a CD of content. No promises but you got nothing to lose. Send Support a ticket with all your info. The Worse that can happen is they say no.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I guess I'd have to make a photocopy of the CD and magazine cover. I got it at a newsstand that carries all kinds of magazines, but the register receipts only show prices, not SKUs or ISBNs or anything that identifies what the price is for.

I have to head to bed. I have to sleep some time. :red:

Dana

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

...nice. and I love that song.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Umm... on the Topic of Books. I have been raised with books. Some of the best times in my life have been reading a good book. Okay, I agree a E-reader is nice, very portable and you can carry a load of reading material around with you. To me that is the reason for them, not the death of books. I am at this very time adding new Hard bound editions of some of my favorite books and even some New current best sellers to my real book library. To me a book is real, has a place on a book shelve and that book shelve has many good books to keep the others company. Next to this shelve or set of shelves is a nice comfy chair, often overstuffed, a small table to lay down the current book your reading on and a lamp of some type, mine is a free standing one, that provides the perfect reading light. I have a Library corner in my living room. And it is often the first thing people notice and admire in any home. A Home Library a kindle e-reader just does not make. There is Both in my life. And both fit very well together.

.,..for those of who cannot afford the electronic versions of books it is just another means of keeping people illiterate. This is what George Orwell warned us about.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...nice. and I love that song.

Labyrinth is screening tonight a few blocks away but is outdoors, is cool and I'm tired otherwise might have gone :)

edited December 1969

So I misread Bus Rex as Blue Rex and spend ten minutes looking for what goes with the blue texture addon *headdesk* :lol:
    http://www.daz3d.com/bus-rex

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

bakery ?! :lol:

CAKE!

edited December 1969

http://www.ssusc.org/

That's a big ship :O

This discussion has been closed.