Prometheus?

when undecided, can't go wrong with popping Lexx in the dvd :lol:

or Castles in the Sky. scary big robos.

I first read that as "scary big boobs".
    A bit dyslexic Mike?
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937
    edited March 2014

...more Bach goodness.

A performance of the Tocatta Adagio & Fuge for organ transcribed for piano by Ferruccio Busoni. This is the work that Leela opens her London concert with the first time she performed before an audience since she was ten years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrFz8G3wEKo

the Busoni organ transcriptions are a unique challenge in that the fuges carried three voices on the keyboards and the fourth in the pedal which all had to be performed on the single keyboard.

When she was to perform her first organ concert in Leipzig during her continental tour the organ was damaged by vandals. She instead played her entire concert on the pedal harpsichord which started with this same work. I wish I could find a performance of this work on that instrument. However here is the monumental Passacaglia in C minor which she closed the recital out with (performed by E Power Biggs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p01w8MpOkxM

In spite of the more delicate nature of the harpsichord, the performance was incredibly well received and a number of reviews claimed the passion she performed with exceeded that of these works on their original instrument.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...more Bach goodness.

A performance of the Tocatta Adagio & Fuge for organ transcribed for piano by Ferruccio Busoni. This is the work that Leela opens her London concert with the first time she performed before an audience since she was ten years old.

Leela is an ingenue?

edited March 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...more Bach goodness.

Leela is an ingenue?
    ...yes she is and an absolute musical genius.

Of course in the story the "father figure" is the independent minded Lady Meggan Grande and there are actually two "vampa" one being Secretariat General Rita Kovek of the Serbian regime and the other I will not disclose at it would be a terrible spoiler.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Aiko is a common name. Not so surprising to me. Hiro as well.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,051
    edited March 2014

Jaderail said:

as is Victoria and Michael (and David, Stephanie)
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited March 2014

...bugger, she has red hair and is incredibly petite.

Though she can hold a tune way better than Leela can.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    kiwi!

no kiwis at home.

my fridge has raspberry jam. and grapes in the form of chardonnay. coconut in the form of cream pie. lemon zest in the form of lady grey tea. :)

what we doing tnite?

dude at work sprang for the pizza. (an international idiom?)
    i ate 4 pepperoni slice covered in black olives bits.
    still sorta in a food coma, lol. delicioso.

i wanna go tiki bar :) tropical disco nite? teee hee. ah ah ah ah stayin alivvvve

Was planning to unpack my new compy tonight but it never arrived this week waaah. Perhaps I'll take it easy instead and watch some movie or other. Oblivion again? Enjoyed that one. Haven't watched TV since True Detective finished :)

Prometheus?

when undecided, can't go wrong with popping Lexx in the dvd :lol:

or Castles in the Sky. scary big robos.

We went to the park and threw a frisbee around instead. Meh couldn't get into Prometheus for some reason, Nooni Rapace iz better with tattoos :lol: Lexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ! !

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

as is Victoria and Michael (and David, Stephanie)Nod
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...more Bach goodness.

the Busoni organ transcriptions are a unique challenge in that the fuges carried three voices on the keyboards and the fourth in the pedal which all had to be performed on the single keyboard.

When she was to perform her first organ concert in Leipzig during her continental tour the organ was damaged by vandals. She instead played her entire concert on the pedal harpsichord which started with this same work. I wish I could find a performance of this work on that instrument. However here is the monumental Passacaglia in C minor which she closed the recital out with (performed by E Power Biggs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p01w8MpOkxM

In spite of the more delicate nature of the harpsichord, the performance was incredibly well received and a number of reviews claimed the passion she performed with exceeded that of these works on their original instrument.

Hehe it does sound like an organ, amazing :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited December 1969

bubbly :) oooo wish i hads the bubbly. and fresh pineapple.

remember solid gold and the solid gold dancers? i think it had Davy Jones from the monkies.

'hey hey we the monkies' 'people say we monkie around' 'but we too busy singing' 'and mom invented white out.' oh yeah - typewriters. ROFLLMAO

miss kulay has a monkey. right miss kulay?

Monkey is a toy I got from Dollar tree.

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited March 2014

I hope this isn't off topic, but here are some amusing quotes from an old message board I used to go to. The clean ones, anyhow.

In a truther thread: I'll save time for anyone not wanting to kill their brain cells reading those condescending garbage posts pretending the author knows about physics.
    "'Gravity didn't make the towers fall. What did? I'm not telling. The government edited all the footage that was broadcast everywhere and brainwashed the direct eyewitnesses of the event. Please stone me to death for my idiocy.'"

This is one from me (I was trying to describe the goddess in just a single sentence): Hera is like the Greco-Roman pantheon/mythology version of Hillary Clinton.

Mostly I just want to punch him (an internet troll). In the face. Not just any punch though, one of those Batman punches where the big BOFF! comes up.

I miss Burger Time.. meh. That game was cool. You STEPPED on the food to make the burgers. It's kind of like how McDonalds makes burgers today.

It's like trying to hypnotize a Doberman Pinscher by rhythmically waving a steak before its eyes.

Jon-Erik Beckjord has taken the world's best photos of bigfoot, aliens, and Jesus in the clouds. He has discovered the meaning of life and solutions to strife in the middle east and missing shopping carts. Surprise, surprise, he is also a member of Mensa

How to help Europeans accept their change in currency? Simple: Captain Euro, the coolest hero this side of Aquaman.

No amount of good looks can make up for a level of stupidity that disintegrates flesh at close range.

"What alternative fuel should we run our cars on?"
    Running it on idiotic YouTube comments will solve all our energy problems.

"Insects are not animals."
    Roger, they are crunchy protozoans

When I was 8 my aunt told me Arby's used rats to make their roast beef. I then asked my aunt if she would make me rat meat for dinner.

(on racist techno music) Maybe the beats spell out racist slurs in morse code.

"I never wear underwear, far too constricting."
    I don't wear pants for the same reason.

(regarding the ban on trans-fats) "Bastards went too far when they banned rat poison and monkey feces in food.
    TIME FOR REVOLUTION"
    NYC rat poison is actually good for you... what did you think was responsible for making our rats so damn huge?

(regardingthe abundance of UFO crash site conspiracies) Man, we really don't have to worry about an alien threat if all they can do is crash into ****.

Three days after you get swine flu you will turn into a were-swine. Your only option is to kill the original were-swine using a silver bacon blade.

Post edited by IceEmpress on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Wow, it's in the low 60s today, but it's only going to be mid-40s tomorrow with a chance of a snow shower on Tuesday. I really thought we were finished with all the snow this year. Then again the weather's only going to be in the 30s and 40s until next Thursday.

The 10-day forecast says it's going to be in the 50s and 60s the following week. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind already.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

38 here today and much of the same all next week

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2014

Miss B said:
    Wow, it's in the low 60s today, but it's only going to be mid-40s tomorrow with a chance of a snow shower on Tuesday. I really thought we were finished with all the snow this year. Then again the weather's only going to be in the 30s and 40s until next Thursday.

The 10-day forecast says it's going to be in the 50s and 60s the following week. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind already.

You and me both. We had over a week of beautiful weather, worthy of being called "Spring weather" with lots of sunshine and then it suddenly changed on the official first day of spring and today, so far, we have had sleet, snow and hail, combined with gusting winds and even sudden thunderstorms brewing up in the higher mountains.

The only good thing that can be said about it was that the sun was peeking through occasionally between the wintery showers of whatever had decided to fall that time, and set the garden to be all sparkly for a short while, till the next set of clouds blew over and dropped their loads of precipitation.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Yeah our first day of Spring we had a half inch of snow. The week before we were having temps in the 50's

edited December 1969

Miss B said:

...going to be nice this weekend here as well. Near 70° on Monday. Then, a real downturn for the next seven days with 50s and rain every day.

Meanwhile even more cold for the Great lakes and Northeast this week with yet another possible major snowstorm for the east. Chicago is only a couple inches from breaking their all time winter snow accumulation record.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

as is Victoria and Michael (and David, Stephanie)

kewl. i'm considering changing my plume to Aiko

edited March 2014

iz almost 60 here today. :) opened the windows for fresh air. achy from a lil fever today. heard a cardinal happy singing this morning.

oh no, weather saying snow on tuesday. can they really predict 4 days away?

does long walks help cure a fever? 2 mile round trip to get tea.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

We have a little warmup by the end of the week.

yuk.jpg
    663 x 256 - 38K
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    We have a little warmup by the end of the week.

your weather looks like my weather :)

snowflakes on tuesday.

edited December 1969

Morning. Low grey clouds and river fog making for a twilight living dead start to today :)

edited December 1969

I just ordered a bunch of pepperoni rolls, fries and onion rings. Can't wait till they get here. Should be soon

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499
    edited December 1969

Myyyy hteeeaddd huuuuurrrtsss!

edited December 1969

Myyyy hteeeaddd huuuuurrrtsss!

ccke.jpg
    300 x 259 - 15K
    edited December 1969

i went walking with my RUSH tunes. on cloud 9, my feets didn't feel the road.

TEA anyone?

snuggling tea under the tea cozy. stay warm lil tea.

peeps are out :cheese: yellow peep, pink peep. chocolate bunnies.

edited December 1969

Well, this figures. 73 F today and will be a low of 30 F Wednesday morning. Just when you think the roller coaster ride is over you come out of a nice stretch and see yet more Hill's and turns ahead. Add to that I'm having a horrid time rendering thanks to a New Error that shows it's ugly head whenever it pleases and my days are just peachy.

And like Kermit say's, "Can't we all just be more Tea?" that ones for Misty.

edited December 1969

TEA! it gets cold so fast.

i'm deciding on this tutorial http://www.daz3d.com/8-2-great-art-now-animation-201-multiple-camera-secrets

it says "Using Animate Lite" i searched the store, doesn't seem to be a s/w called Animate Lite ???

edited December 1969

That is AniMate2 after the free 30 days runs out, it then becomes AniMate Lite.

This discussion has been closed.