Auto Muscle Enhancer HD [Commercial]

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,098

I've been given a chance to play with it and cut some video for D. Master of using Auto Muscle Enhancer as a demo. He also asked me to give an honest review of it. I'm enjoying it so far. It does add a lot to the G8M gene pool, especially if you build "big guys". I will say that "a little dab will do you" when it comes to using Auto Muscle Enhancer. Loading it and cranking everything to 100% will get you something that looks like a flayed corpse. You  are best to add it in to other characters. It's kinda like Muscle MSG, it enhances and improves, but it works better working with other "flavors" than by itself. The character I whipped up below is a combination of George 8, Brute 8, Swole Sampson and Auto Muscle Enhancer dialed in to 70%. There are additonal morphs for playing with the back and stomach. You can see the "Belly In" morph on display in the image of the character lifting up the beach ball ala Atlas.

The only knocks I really have against it so far is the Muscle Definition morph really only works well with the body shape of Auto Muscle Enhancer. You get a definition lines etched into the figure that do not necessarily line up with the muscles of other body shapes morphs. It would have been nice if it also did a better job of the whole lat/bicep/delt insertion area. Poses where the character has the arms lifted straight up, still look akward like they always do.

Otherwise, this product is great and I think it will definitely be useful to a lot of people that work with male figures.

You mentioned Swole Samson. I have that Swole set. If you combine any of the morphs from that with this product, do they not line up OK? I also have the Bend Control for Hips and Legs by Sickleyield. If you have that, have you tried using that along with this product, and, if so, what do you think?

edited March 2020
    Sigurd said:

Thank you for the review. I was a little concerned about conflicts as I have experienced them many times in the past when using multiple HD characters. I was hoping that dialing down the resolution of the host body might help with this.If this comes with a base shape I will be happy to use it and then use my plethora of shaping morphs to get the perfect Endo-Meso I have been looking for. I grew up in and around gymnasiums and weight rooms and can attest that muscularity can be taken too far, for both form and function, and will be judicious with the use of this product.

Looking forward to putting this in my cart as soon as it arrives, I do appreciate the honest review. Knowing the possible limitations now, helps to prevent possible disappointments later.

Thank you again.

You're very welcome. There are additional features to this he has aimed for animation, but I do not do animation. So, I'm probably not the best person to explain those features. To your point about multiple HD details, Auto Muscle Enhancer (AME) exist as multiple components that enhance the character's musculature. I've attached three screenshots, 06 and 07 show the same character/pose with AME Body dialed in at the same amount. However, 06 has AME Muscle Definition at 0% and the 07 has it at 100% where you can see the additional details its added, but you can also see in the inner thigh near the knee area there are "Muscle Definition" lines that are laying on top of other muscles from other character morphs and do not like up exactly.

08 is an actual screenshot of the morphs that you're getting with AME. As you can see, it's not an all in one morph dial, so you can adjust the components to your liking. Like I said, it's a bit like "Muscle MSG" smiley

As a whole, it's another great product from D. Master and a whole hearted recommendation for buying it.

Thank you so much for these careful review things. I, too, am still planning on getting it. I bouth the Auto SHAPE Enhancer a couple of days ago, and I have experimented with using both it and the Bend Control for Hips and Legs on two separate posed figures in some bending poses. It seems to work well with that product. It did add some extra musculature to the figures, which I thought was fine.

Post edited by inquire on
  • DMasterDMaster Posts: 410
    Tourist said:

Beautiful!

Just a quick question, will AME work on pre-morphed/ self created figures like AFE works on various morphed faces?

Also, can I still use morphs such as bigger forearms, wide hips, large hands etc... after applying AME?

Yes. That is how morphs work. You just have to adjust it correctly. Each character shape has individual vertexes moved. Each vertex or region of vertex has limits. Combining morphs will add and push these vertexes to its max limit resulting in an unnatural look. I don't apply any character morphs to 100%. I play around 80 to 90. When working with AFE expression. I can load in AFE expression (happy) at 80 then push my character head from 80 to 100. Save this shape (happy face) and pose out to create your own (happy) expression. This way your happy face will not look like another character happy face. The same goes here with the Muscle Morphs. As you play around with Daz you will find it is so flexible and easy to use. The foundation to use these for gaming can save any open-minded studio Millions.

I've been wondering what "made for animation" means. Does it mean that the figure will flex correctly as I move the arms or legs and bend the figure? But in the video I've just watched, you wrote something like "Don't adjust the FLEX setting while in animation or it will animate the FLEX also." What does that mean? I'm just trying to understand.

It's great if made for animation means that the figure will flex correctly as I move the arms or legs and bend the figure, even as I try to adjust a scene that will be rendered as a single frame. Does it mean that?

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Wow ^ 2.

edited March 2020
    inquire said:

I've been wondering what "made for animation" means. Does it mean that the figure will flex correctly as I move the arms or legs and bend the figure? But in the video I've just watched, you wrote something like "Don't adjust the FLEX setting while in animation or it will animate the FLEX also." What does that mean? I'm just trying to understand.

It's great if made for animation means that the figure will flex correctly as I move the arms or legs and bend the figure, even as I try to adjust a scene that will be rendered as a single frame. Does it mean that?

Yes, it is Auto. In Daz, we call it Joint Control Morph, JCM. Thus Auto Muscle Enhancer. In animation, each character we have to test out all the movement. During the test, we adjust the level of the percentage of the flex to make sure the character has the correct setting.

Once We find the sweet spot we save the character AME setting. For example, after testing animation we find Michale 8 looks good with flex level at 75% - so we make sure we lock that flex level in for all his movement. We do not want the arm muscle to change size when we load in dif animation.

If you move the slider in animation you are then animating the Flex adding on top the AUTO FLEX. When You start animating. You will understand.

Post edited by DMaster on
  • TouristTourist Posts: 106

Thanks DMaster, your answers are exactly what I was hoping for. yes

All that's left to ask is: DAZ, WHERE'S MY AME???

• inquire said:
    Sigurd said:

Thank you for the review. I was a little concerned about conflicts as I have experienced them many times in the past when using multiple HD characters. I was hoping that dialing down the resolution of the host body might help with this.If this comes with a base shape I will be happy to use it and then use my plethora of shaping morphs to get the perfect Endo-Meso I have been looking for. I grew up in and around gymnasiums and weight rooms and can attest that muscularity can be taken too far, for both form and function, and will be judicious with the use of this product.

Looking forward to putting this in my cart as soon as it arrives, I do appreciate the honest review. Knowing the possible limitations now, helps to prevent possible disappointments later.

Thank you again.

You're very welcome. There are additional features to this he has aimed for animation, but I do not do animation. So, I'm probably not the best person to explain those features. To your point about multiple HD details, Auto Muscle Enhancer (AME) exist as multiple components that enhance the character's musculature. I've attached three screenshots, 06 and 07 show the same character/pose with AME Body dialed in at the same amount. However, 06 has AME Muscle Definition at 0% and the 07 has it at 100% where you can see the additional details its added, but you can also see in the inner thigh near the knee area there are "Muscle Definition" lines that are laying on top of other muscles from other character morphs and do not like up exactly.

08 is an actual screenshot of the morphs that you're getting with AME. As you can see, it's not an all in one morph dial, so you can adjust the components to your liking. Like I said, it's a bit like "Muscle MSG" smiley

As a whole, it's another great product from D. Master and a whole hearted recommendation for buying it.

Thank you so much for these careful review things. I, too, am still planning on getting it. I bouth the Auto SHAPE Enhancer a couple of days ago, and I have experimented with using both it and the Bend Control for Hips and Legs on two separate posed figures in some bending poses. It seems to work well with that product. It did add some extra musculature to the figures, which I thought was fine.

I have not seen it interfering badly with any existing jcm add-ons. I also have custom jcm's for some of my larger figure to handles things like the hamstrings and back of the kneeds when the shing are bent all the way back and they have no interferred with it.

Auto Shape Enhancer by default works on a 1:1 ratio with Auto Muscle Enhancer body morph. If you dial AME body morph to 40%, ASE will automatically follow to 40%. You can change ASE's level afterwards if you desire.

Again, I will say a little can go a long way.

In the pics below 01 is a character with AME dialed into to 100%, 02 is a figure with Swole Sampson dialed into 100%, 03 is with both Sampson and AME dialed to 100% (I think it's gone too much at that point for my taste), 04 is Sampson at 100% and AME at 40%, and finally 05 is Sampson at 40% and AME at 100%

I show these to point out that there is an underlying shape with AME that is quite different from a figure like Swole or Brute, so adding both at 100% is going to get you something just a bit overboard and wonky, but part of each can actually build you a nice, unique character. 

03-31-20 01.png
    1400 x 1260 - 907K
    03-31-20 02.png
    1400 x 1260 - 1M
    03-31-20 03.png
    1400 x 1260 - 1M
    03-31-20 04.png
    1400 x 1260 - 1M
    03-31-20 05.png
    1400 x 1260 - 1M

Pretty cool, can't wait. I would love to see the standard 'A' pose on G8M with the AME dialed in at 25, 50, 75 and perhaps a dynamic pose of some sort with the same treatment. For me this is one of the best ways to demonstrate a morph. That first figure (01) looks totally awesome!!!

Sigurd said:

Pretty cool, can't wait. I would love to see the standard 'A' pose on G8M with the AME dialed in at 25, 50, 75 and perhaps a dynamic pose of some sort with the same treatment. For me this is one of the best ways to demonstrate a morph. That first figure (01) looks totally awesome!!!

you can see I have turn on the morph from 0-100

• lindelllindell Posts: 58
    Does this product then provide an all new self contained full set of muscle morphs apart from the HD muscle morphs provided in a separate product? If so, does this new system of morphs work well and/or enhance those or work against that package of morphs?
  • i53570ki53570k Posts: 210

The flex in the demo is incredible, especially the feet I've yet seen anywhere, albeit I am new to Daz.  Is Auto Muscle Enhancer G8 morphs or use a geoshell like Auto Face Enhancer?

I don't do bodybuilder characters.  If I have AME Flex Size at 0% but AME at 100%, will AME have any effect? 

lindell said:
    Does this product then provide an all new self contained full set of muscle morphs apart from the HD muscle morphs provided in a separate product? If so, does this new system of morphs work well and/or enhance those or work against that package of morphs?

1- no AME does not give you a set of muscle morphs. It is Auto build into the G8M figure for you. You do have control of the % of the overall AME.

2- You can use other muscle morph products to add control to that part of the muscle you looking for. The key here is for you to mix the morphs.

don't set AME to 100% and the other morphs to 100%. Play with it and start out at 50% each and adjust as you need.

The best part about Daz is the ability to control mix and blend system morphs together.

edited April 2020
    i53570k said:

The flex in the demo is incredible, especially the feet I've yet seen anywhere, albeit I am new to Daz.  Is Auto Muscle Enhancer G8 morphs or use a geoshell like Auto Face Enhancer?

I don't do bodybuilder characters.  If I have AME Flex Size at 0% but AME at 100%, will AME have any effect? 

1- AME. It is not a shell. It is HD geometry. so in order for you to see the detail wrinkles or muscle. The figure must be in Sub_D 2 to 4. The higher the better detail, at the cost to render time and display.

2-Yes. AME controls all the JCM. AME Flex controls the size of the muscle.

Wow ^ 3!

Nuff said!

Thank you DMaster for this. Going stir crazy right now and it is helpful to have something to really look forward to.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,933
    edited April 2020

Can't wait until the morphs comes out for the g8 woman, (As I only have the body enhancer/AME for the woman morph) this looks fantastic!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on

I just keep anticipating.

• TouristTourist Posts: 106

OMG Daz, put this out already!!!

This is becoming boring. 

Has anybody else already prepared a figure for this to be used on?

• I made a few more images to show it in use for you all and tide you over until D.Master's product is released. This time I made a quick young Sasquatch who's doing some makeshift cross countrying training in the woods. I have AME cranked to 100% on this with some Maxx dialed in and some gorilla for g8 added as well. Wanted to show you it can work with things other than humans. It's definitely worth the wait!

04-07-20 04.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    04-07-20 05.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    04-07-20 06.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    04-07-20 07.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M

Yes still waiting. Seem no one is at the shop to do the testing. Everyone is at home. There is bigger issue at hand so we all must be patient.

Looks beautiful. Yes, I guess we have to wait. The death toll is rising faster now. A real good site, made by a very bright young kid: https://ncov2019.live/data

Looking forward to this release!

As for the current health crisis the world is facing I pray for all of those affected and hope that all will get back to some semblance of normality soon.

• i53570ki53570k Posts: 210

I made a few more images to show it in use for you all and tide you over until D.Master's product is released. This time I made a quick young Sasquatch who's doing some makeshift cross countrying training in the woods. I have AME cranked to 100% on this with some Maxx dialed in and some gorilla for g8 added as well. Wanted to show you it can work with things other than humans. It's definitely worth the wait!

Thank you for the new shots.  I don't see the same details on the bent feet as the youtube demo video earlier.  Is it because the render is done in lower subD?  Also, if not too much trouble, can you do a render of very low flex size dial for non-bodybuilder type character to highlight what AME can add in realism even for average body size character? 

• i53570k said:

I made a few more images to show it in use for you all and tide you over until D.Master's product is released. This time I made a quick young Sasquatch who's doing some makeshift cross countrying training in the woods. I have AME cranked to 100% on this with some Maxx dialed in and some gorilla for g8 added as well. Wanted to show you it can work with things other than humans. It's definitely worth the wait!

Thank you for the new shots.  I don't see the same details on the bent feet as the youtube demo video earlier.  Is it because the render is done in lower subD?  Also, if not too much trouble, can you do a render of very low flex size dial for non-bodybuilder type character to highlight what AME can add in realism even for average body size character? 

You're welcome. I rendered him out at 4 SubD. It's partially due to some custom morphs to make Bigfoot's "big feet" more proportional, the hd morph is triggering but it's pretty low on the heel due to how the heel is pushed out.

Regarding the other renders, I can try rendering them out tomorrow. Just bear in mind that AME itself is going to change the shape of the character into a lightweight bodybuilder. If you want an "average Joe" type character, you're gonna have to use AME in low amounts.

Can't wait for more pics! Thanks!

edited April 2020

Just working on AFE for Dasan 8. So I decided to put 50% Auto Muscle Enhancer on to see. I like it?

screenshot006.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
    screenshot007.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
    screenshot008.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
    screenshot003.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M

Thank you!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    DMaster said:

Just working on AFE for Dasan 8. So I decided to put 50% Auto Muscle Enhancer on to see. I like it?

Quite good