[Just Released} Mec4D The Great Wizards for G2Males(s) [Commercial]

MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

MEC4D THE GREAT WIZARD

The Great Wizards is a new fantasy set for Genesis 2 Male(s) including clothing, props and hair to create the Wizard the Gray and Wizard the White.

Put some magic into your fantasy renders with this unique new set and "You Shall Pass".........

1 Custom Head Shape
Loads with Great Wizard Head Shape and Texture MAT
1 Head Shape
Clothes and Props: (.DUF and .CR2)
Robe + 2 Morphs for the sleeves
Boots
Transmapped Scalp Hair
Fiber Facial Hair
Fiber Facial Hair
Hat
Staff
2 Texture Options:
Wizard the Grey
Wizard the White
Textures Include:
17 Texture, Bump, Displacement and Normal Maps (4096 x 4096)
2 Texture Maps (650 x 650)
2 Texture Maps (353 x 363)
Texture Templates available through the Product Library
This product uses the Base Male UV Maps
DAZ Studio Material Presets (.DUF)
Poser Custom Material Presets for Genesis 2 Male(s) (.MC6)
Poser Imported Material Presets (.MC6)

The Great Wizard is one of my favorite character this season , more character to match this serie coming in the next days!

Tank you for your support!

Cath

The_Great_wizard_Main_Promo.jpg
500 x 650 - 173K
The_Great_wizard_Promo_Pop_Up8.jpg
692 x 900 - 284K
The_Great_wizard_Promo_Pop_Up6.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 518K
The_Great_wizard_Promo_Pop_Up3.jpg
788 x 1300 - 366K
Darkon_pop_up10-wizard.jpg
803 x 917 - 334K

Comments

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited March 2014

Really beautiful. :)

The 3D Gandalf really looks like the real one (Ian Mc Kellen) in the movie... ! Thank you very much for making it Poser compatible.

Definitely realistic.

Edit: I forgot... in my cart since this morning. What a nice price, thank you very much... ;)

Post edited by Unseen on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Thank you ! actually it was not my intention to do that as his head was based on a 3D scan but he kinda looks like ..
    TIP if you render very closer up you may subdivide the beard once ! no matter Poser or DS but only for a very close ups since the beard hair are very fine so the distance render may not catch the micro polys when subdivided ..
    The best to do that when you are happy with the scene as it may slow down the viewport otherwise

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited March 2014

Thank you very much for the tip about the beard subdivision... I also think that the best solution is to subdivide the beard just before rendering (at least in Poser).

I think that your Great Wizard is a must have.

Once again thank you very much for the nice price. :)

Post edited by Unseen on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I umm-ed and ahh-ed and finally had to get this :)
    Great work, as usual Cath!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

Beautiful, how well does it do with other body shapes?

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited March 2014

Bravo ! Best Wizard model i ever seen. I'm going to get tons of renders out of this set. he animated very well as well
    You really out did yourself, Super Wizard set.: )

Best viewed full sized
    These are rendered at 1920 x 1080 -170 kb

magic_sword.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 228K
    magic_rest_2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 148K
    magic_rest_1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 170K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

the wizard is for genesis males .. everything works with anything , just the beard is exclusive only for the head
    due to high poly count for this version and keeping the price low but it is compatible with all gen2 facial morphs and expressions
    the rest of the stuff included can be used whatever
    the robe have custom weight maps it can do stuff other clothing can't and without smooth modifier

edited December 1969

OH that is nice, I could not load the full scene as you did since I overkilled my graphic card and it crashing when to much stuff is loaded ..
    but I always have this set in my mind when I created the Wizard .. and you just do it, thanks for sharing !!!

Ivy said:
    Bravo ! Best Wizard model i ever seen. I'm going to get tons of renders out of this set. he animated very well as well
    You really out did yourself, Super Wizard set.: )

Best viewed full sized
    These are rendered at 1920 x 1080 -170 kb

edited December 1969

Thanks SImon it is being 2 years since I started doing it , and reworked 50 times from M4 to Gen1 then to gen2 but he is finally ready and for this moment I could not do him better .. I am content

SimonJM said:
    I umm-ed and ahh-ed and finally had to get this :)
    Great work, as usual Cath!
    edited December 1969

EVERYONE THAT POST A RENDER WITH THE GREAT WIZARD WILL GET A SURPRISE GIFT FROM ME !!
    additional texturing set , the Alchemist , and I will send you PM with download instruction :) deal?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    EVERYONE THAT POST A RENDER WITH THE GREAT WIZARD WILL GET A SURPRISE GIFT FROM ME !!
    additional texturing set , the Alchemist , and I will send you PM with download instruction :) deal?

Sounds like a deal to me, here's one I did earlier ...
    shall_not_pass_by_simonjm-d7beg7h.jpg
    720 x 1185 - 593K
    edited December 1969

Oh great Simon .. I will send you PM soon
    the deal is only to the end of March ..

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,336
    edited December 1969

Just got it and love it. Don't have time to do it now but I'll try to post a render in a day or two.

Initially I had a difficult time finding the content in DS. When I first tried it didn't seem to have showed up in Smart Content yet (It has now) and I really had to search the Content Library for the character. I finally found the actor was installed under clothing (rather than people or characters) in the same location as his wardrobe.

Charlie.

edited March 2014

I made it different way before but the QA said it is better to have it all under one set ..since it all belong together

btw here is what you get after you post your render.. this is the new Robe more in a soft cloth ..and to this matching boots and hat .. for the fancy Alchemist wizard that turned metal into gold hahaha

everyone have 8 days! to post the render that all I ask and having fun!

Just got it and love it. Don't have time to do it now but I'll try to post a render in a day or two.

Initially I had a difficult time finding the content in DS. When I first tried it didn't seem to have showed up in Smart Content yet (It has now) and I really had to search the Content Library for the character. I finally found the actor was installed under clothing (rather than people or characters) in the same location as his wardrobe.

Charlie.

side_robe.jpg
    941 x 1317 - 194K
    front_robe.jpg
    941 x 1317 - 252K
    font_closer.jpg
    941 x 1322 - 428K
    back-robe.jpg
    941 x 1317 - 235K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

Here is the Add on set with standard DS preview and EU2
    I will start sharing tomorrow as I want to finish additional morph for the beard to move forward for better posing

alchemist-side.jpg
    646 x 917 - 124K
    alchemist-front.jpg
    646 x 917 - 167K
    alchemist-back.jpg
    646 x 917 - 149K
    alchemist-back-side-uber.jpg
    646 x 917 - 255K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,853
    edited December 1969

when spells go bad
    iClone physics animatiom

Doc3.gif
    640 x 480 - 10M
    edited December 1969

OMG so funny, this is your signature animation Wendy !! hahahaha .. Miss only the music

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,853
    edited December 1969

Thx Kath, your extra texture looks fabulous

edited December 1969

Thanks Wendy I will start sending it tomorrow via PM's with the new Add On link so you can rock it in the next animation or render :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited March 2014

I got that Wizard - I just had to!
    Unfortunately I will probably not be able to render him in time.
    Next weekend is earmarked for updating my stoneage old Windows XP computer. I am not using it (which is why I will have to do 2 years of Windows updates) - but I want it to have a computer in case of an emergency.

Anyway: the Wizard is great!

Edited to add: will there be additional textures for Queen Of Hearts too?

Post edited by Kerya on
  • 3dTox3dTox Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

Trying this and the new Wet Sweat and Rain to see how they worked with AoA's distant light, I came up with this. Keep in mind it was just a test render

ray_of_hope.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 951K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,520
    edited December 1969

Open the door!

open-the-door-pw.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 260K
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,336
    edited March 2014

Tried to set something up in Bryce, but got 'out of memory' error before I could get him fully loaded into Bryce. So here is a quick render in DS

Edited to provide slightly revised render

Gandolf:

Gandolf_2a.jpg
    842 x 636 - 240K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Here is the Add on set with standard DS preview and EU2
    I will start sharing tomorrow as I want to finish additional morph for the beard to move forward for better posing

OMG that is Beautiful .
    what a great add on :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Kerya ,

I keep my older one too just in case :) you never know when you need it ..
    When I have little more time I will make additional textures for the Queen
    I want to do snow queen and the evil queen for her , I am being super busy lately but I like expansions for my favorite stuff :)

Kerya said:
    I got that Wizard - I just had to!
    Unfortunately I will probably not be able to render him in time.
    Next weekend is earmarked for updating my stoneage old Windows XP computer. I am not using it (which is why I will have to do 2 years of Windows updates) - but I want it to have a computer in case of an emergency.

Anyway: the Wizard is great!

Edited to add: will there be additional textures for Queen Of Hearts too?

edited December 1969

Great render everyone, I don't care you just make test renders or whatever , the same thing so keep them coming

@Ivy thanks a lot! I was not sure if that was to much but at the end I kinda like it , now I know where the Europe Union flag idea come from lol haha j/k

edited December 1969

I did some kit bashing today and learned a lesson of blue and white light makes for a very washed out look..lol
    I could not find the white texture for the hat in the materials so I came as close as I could to match the white of the cloak using some texture paks
    I have to say this again, this is the best wizard I ever rendered . really nice character detail, I'm really happy you created him. :)

anyway here are a few scenes I did this morning using the wizard. rendered in Daz 4.6

Kits used bashed together if anyone else is interested.
    Wizard for g2m http://www.daz3d.com/march-madness/mec4d-the-great-wizards-for-genesis-2-male
    Stonemasons " World of fantasy" http://www.daz3d.com/worlds-of-fantasy-island-castle-1
    FirstBastion Land of the Ice Cold Sun http://www.daz3d.com/land-of-the-ice-cold-sun
    Nerds fire & smoke tool http://www.daz3d.com/smoke-and-flames-tool
    Age of Armour Fog camera http://www.daz3d.com/atmospheric-effects-cameras-for-daz-studio
    Daz Mil Sub-dragon http://www.daz3d.com/millennium-subdragon
    Let It Snow DS Shader http://www.daz3d.com/let-it-snow-ds-shader
    Custom u2e lighting

w7.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 337K
    w4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 370K
    w3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 368K
    w2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 270K
    w1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 353K
    edited December 1969

The white wizards don't wearing Hats for that reason there was not white texture for the hat ..that why I included the extra full head hair for the white wizard , but all you need to do is just remove the diffuse color texture and the rest unchanged and you good to go
    and as I see you did great job on that already! tomorrow the second part of the story is coming so watch out :) hint hint

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    the wizard is for genesis males .. everything works with anything , just the beard is exclusive only for the head
    due to high poly count for this version and keeping the price low but it is compatible with all gen2 facial morphs and expressions
    the rest of the stuff included can be used whatever
    the robe have custom weight maps it can do stuff other clothing can't and without smooth modifier

Thank you for the answer.

mousewizard.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 222K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

I liked this one, he was fun to work with and fits into so many different kind of renders :) Here he is a teacher with his wife and her Familiar

The Wizard and the Sorceress.... and Paff

As the new students of Wizarding High came to their first class, they were met by an unexpected sight. Not only was their teacher, the famous wizard Garok awaiting them. His wife, the sorceress Mizia was also there. And with her was her quite exotic, and infamous for his mishief, familiar Paff. The students settled down and waited patiently for their teacher to talk, Paff however soon lost his patience and tried to free himself from his mistress arms so he could play with the children.

Garok chuckled and raised a hand, silence reigned as he started to talk "today kids, we are going to learn about Familiars and animal Companions. Can any of you tell me the difference between a Familiar and a Companion?...."

...and with those words the lesson started.

thewizardandthesorceress.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 430K