[Just Released} Mec4D The Great Wizards for G2Males(s) [Commercial]

Comments

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited March 2014

Okay for those that would like to have some Metadata for the Alchemist Expansion for the Great Wizard. You can download it here for a limited time.

its setup in a zip file with the following folder structure:
    Runtime/Support/ -files
    These need to be merged with your current My library/content/My Daz 3D Library files in the same location as the great wizard files.

Download here:
    "Metadata for Alchemist Expansion for Great Wizard"

And a little render to get this thread back on track a bit :)

Blackwizard.jpg
    900 x 963 - 159K
    Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for the Metadata !
    I like the glasses he is wearing matching the rest

I am going to render something with the new textures now and having little fun before bed time

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,810
    edited December 1969

I wasn't happy with the lighting in my earlier render, so I loaded my DAZ Studio scene into Carrara (I understand Carrara lighting better than Studio lighting), tweaked the lighting and camera angles, and rendered it again. As a bonus, the shadow of the Balrog can now be seen.

The Great Wizard really is an amazing piece of work. Congratulations, and thanks!

Gandalf06-01.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 242K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

It's definitely fun seeing all these renders!

edited December 1969

look even better good job!!

I made one more replacing clothing and adding my new Ferdi character ..

" I AM NOT GANDALF..GET OVER IT " LOL

angusm said:
    I wasn't happy with the lighting in my earlier render, so I loaded my DAZ Studio scene into Carrara (I understand Carrara lighting better than Studio lighting), tweaked the lighting and camera angles, and rendered it again. As a bonus, the shadow of the Balrog can now be seen.

The Great Wizard really is an amazing piece of work. Congratulations, and thanks!

Iam-not-gandald.jpg
    1581 x 1077 - 571K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,549
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    look even better good job!!

I made one more replacing clothing and adding my new Ferdi character ..

" I AM NOT GANDALF..GET OVER IT " LOL

angusm said:

Mec4D: You should have called him Wellby Goodbarrel, a very Hobbitish name a friend of mine came up with many years ago for a character he played in D&D ;-)

edited December 1969

Wellby Goodbarrel .. would be a great name for him too however when I hear the name I would have more a dwarf character in mind
    Ferdibrand is my local liberian , wise positive Hobbit sort of character
    Wellby sound like like to fight, having a lot of wine good food and fun after .. next time by the next one I may use the name if you don't mind

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Wellby Goodbarrel .. would be a great name for him too however when I hear the name I would have more a dwarf character in mind
    Ferdibrand is my local liberian , wise positive Hobbit sort of character
    Wellby sound like like to fight, having a lot of wine good food and fun after .. next time by the next one I may use the name if you don't mind

Lol, he was an opportunistic thief-hobbit who constantly told his comrades "Sorry lads, nothing valuable in this loot either, just a few silver coins" (carrying a bag full of gems and magical artifacts on his back). I think he wouldn't mind you using the name at all ;-)

edited December 1969

I had the feeling it was nothing good about hahahaha thief-hobbit could looks funny too especially with the last name Goodbarrel lol I see it already!! and btw the clothing for Ferdibrand will not works well on skinny characters due to a custom weight maps for the heavy sets style and especially the pants but will go with more heavy style of body morphs as well beside the one included

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    I had the feeling it was nothing good about hahahaha thief-hobbit could looks funny too especially with the last name Goodbarrel lol I see it already!! and btw the clothing for Ferdibrand will not works well on skinny characters due to a custom weight maps for the heavy sets style and especially the pants but will go with more heavy style of body morphs as well beside the one included

Shall we post renders here ? (need to play with him, got an idea)

edited December 1969

Yes, since until next week I can't post another commercial thread

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Yay! I got Ferdibrand too. :)

You could go to your very first messge of this thread and edit it - that way you could edit the title of the whole thread to add Ferdibrand.

edited December 1969

My dear Hobbit....

my_dear_hobbit_pw.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 385K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

I honestly love that pipe Ferdibrand has, and the book look amazing. A question, would the pipe and glasses work with other characters too?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

"Yes, well met to you as well. But really guys your in the wrong realms, Middle Earth is the last Dimension Door down on the left. This is AD&D Greyhawk your standing in."

Title: Wrong Realm

Wrong_Realm.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    "Yes, well met to you as well. But really guys your in the wrong realms, Middle Earth is the last Dimension Door down on the left. This is AD&D Greyhawk your standing in."

Great render! Puts me in mind of Knights of Badassdom. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Razor 42 said:
    Great render! Puts me in mind of Knights of Badassdom. :)
    LOL!! Thank you. :cheese:
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    I honestly love that pipe Ferdibrand has, and the book look amazing. A question, would the pipe and glasses work with other characters too?

Hang on, I'll give it a try....

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

ha ha ha @ wrong realm good one

edited December 1969

@Carola: This is the new G2M Peter figure with Gobbo clothes, as you see it works well. (Some smoke postworked too)

smoker_pw.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 285K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Totte, now I got even more ideas to my next Survivor render *giggles*

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Glad I found this thread .....looking forward to my pm....with the great new textures that is very nice!!!....Trish

wiz.jpg
    1367 x 1367 - 759K
  • Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

Good model.

BTW, can I morph the beard?

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for these beautiful texture.. :)

04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 208K
    03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 206K
    02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 208K
    01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 205K
    edited December 1969

I did play with Gandalf for the PC Monthly "Madness" contest.

Westpark biannual Lunatic Carnival

westpark_lunatic_carneval.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 284K
  • Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    I did play with Gandalf for the PC Monthly "Madness" contest.

Westpark biannual Lunatic Carnival

Very "MAD"......

edited December 1969

Jaderail cracked me down today with the render so funny , then I saw the parade and i spilled my coffee very MAD render style lol hahahah
    everyone that did not got PM please write to office @ mec4d.com the PM don't works telling me I am sending ther same messages
    and I have the link ready for you ..

to answer other question , when you have the expansion pack you can morph the beard as well

Love the renders today , Totte's render in front of the hobbit house was cute !! remember to scale Ferdi after pose to 70% the size of wizard or less

edited March 2014

The great wizard works perfectly nice in more than fantasy :) Here he is a survivor in a harsh land, trading for goods to last for a little while longer, he's the one in the cowboy hat. And for those that saw my other Survivor, this is one more in that serie of renders :) Granted, the old man isn't mentioned in the shrot story here, than again.. neither are the other older man (which is the character in the store called Peter, on of todays MM items) or the dark skinned woman (which is FW Eve)

Survivors - Trading

Poison knew the man that sold the water well, they had known eachother a long time. So neither of them really tried to fool the other, though that did not stop them from trading insults and half hearted threats with eachother. During the banter Poison caught a glimpse of an amused smile flickering on the lips of his loved one as she listened to them...

survivorstrading.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 413K
    Post edited by Carola O on
    edited December 1969

Carola now you only miss Ferdi there, they always have some more chubby red hairy guy messing around ;) lol
    not rational for a survivor camp but he would live longer thanks to his extra belly lol ( not as dinner for the rest )

• 3dTox3dTox Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

A little kit bashing between The great wizard and Ferdibrand produced a rather interesting result. The hair colors on the beard and brows were changed.

kit_bash_dwarf.jpg
    656 x 1022 - 54K