Dial Control for Genesis to Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0 said:

it would be cool (at least for me) to add a function to save a set of morphs as a single morph

Well this can be done in a better way. Go into edit mode in Studio and create a new property, erc freeze that property with all current morph dials up, now when you control that new dial it dials up and down all morphs that were frozen.

Thanks ;)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

The product page implies it can be used to find "what product packages they come from". I don't see that information in the product promo images. Is it there someplace that I missed? I am very interested in that capability.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited May 2020

Hi. If you hover over a morph it will show you the path\package it's from (I highlighted it in green). Then if you click on the jump button it will go to where that morph is located on the figure. Hope that makes sense.

dial-control-for-genesis-to-genesis-8-04-daz3d.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 588K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Instant buy... thank you so much!!!! laugh

Thanks for the supportyes 

Zev0 said:

Hi. If you hover over a morph it will show you the path\package it's from (I highlighted it in green). Then if you click on the jump button it will go to where that morph is located on the figure. Hope that makes sense.

OK, I see now where it shows the path, but does that tell me what "package" (I read that as product) it is from? If this is the same path information that I would get when I click the gear icon for parameter settings, it is not enough. I have lots of morphs that are ambiguous. They show only things like Actor/Head/Face/Eyes/Real World. There is no clue what product it came from. You have added extra path levels to some of your products that give product hints, but most vendors have not done that. So, I am looking for a way to solve that problem. Can Dial Control tell me what product a morph came from?

edited May 2020

The example I gave showed the product. Not on the level you want though. We can look into expanding the feature. Most products should be placed in proper structures, but I can see how looking for ambiguous can be an issue. We can look into adding a feature similar to Shape Rigger, where it will give you the install location, which will list vendor & product etc.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    That feature would be the main reason to purchase it for me. Please keep the thread here updated on any extra capabilities you add. Thanks for your quick and honest reply. You always have the best product support!
    edited May 2020

Thnaks for the feedback.yes

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Will you still be able to navigate the viewport and manipulate figures when the script is open?

edited May 2020

Will you still be able to navigate the viewport and manipulate figures when the script is open?

Currently no. We working on adding such a feature similar to Shape Splitter which can do that. Thing is, the hide/minimize script feature is not recommended by Daz as it can cause studio to crash if not implemented properly. So it is being tested what issues could arise first. In the meantime that is why we added the shortcut key option for quick access.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • LauritaLaurita Posts: 191

Found it, bought it, tried it, love it. This will be saving me an enormous amount of time and nerves. :-)

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

Wait, will this product be able to find when a vendor accidentally saves a morph with a non-zero default, or no?

edited May 2020

Very good question. We do not look for those. We will have a meeting to discuss this. In most cases those morphs aren't actually dialed in, hense why the script won't detect it. Eg if I have those morphs on figure and go currently used they wont appear. Example I just saw Toon Generations 4's TG4 Age slider is set on 21, but does nothing on figure so and technically nothing is being used, but I understand in some cases they do affect the figure, we will see how to add some way to detect them and maybe put those in a specific catagory.cool

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited May 2020

Also do have a planned update coming as we discovered a minor glitch just yesterday, so we will try and incorporate some suggestions mentioned here when that is roled out.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Ok, hopefully you can figure something out. A troubleshooting filter to find non-zero defaults would be amazing! Scrolling through 27.3 miles of dials trying to find waldo is not that fun :P

edited May 2020

Pretty sure we can add it in..Might pushout the update rollout date, but we think it might be a viable thing to have in. We will see how intergration goes.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • blkcrow820blkcrow820 Posts: 68

Another Zev0 instabuy!

Thanks dude, planning on buying today unless the post office is closed. Gotta put some moneys on my prepaid CC lol.

• it would be cool (at least for me) to add a function to save a set of morphs as a single morph

I agree...that would be a brilliant idea...not sure if it's possible to add this into the controls...

BTW, I just bought this and it's terrific...

edited May 2020

It is possible....But wasn't the focus of the product, since that can be done inside studio itself by creating a new property and freezing all current dialed morphs to that.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

Snagged it as soon as I saw it; thanks for the discount for pose control users, this tool is invaluable!

• kehmesiskehmesis Posts: 0

Bought and installed... But can anyone tell me how to access it?  I can't find it anywhere.

Should be in my library > scripts > dial control if it installed correctly

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    barbult said:
    That feature would be the main reason to purchase it for me. Please keep the thread here updated on any extra capabilities you add. Thanks for your quick and honest reply. You always have the best product support!

That is the only reason I would buy this product too - if it told you exactly what product the morph came from.

• RandomRandom Posts: 173
    edited May 2020

Bought it and it looks like a keeper. So THANKS.It would be great if it could be permanently docked. Don't know if that's possible script-wise.

Post edited by Random on
    edited May 2020

"One nitpick annoyance is trying to type in a new value for an item. Another dialog comes up which you have to follow. In the parameters area you type in the new value and then just hit tab which is quicker than using the mouse and clicking on ok. Maybe that can be changed."

Via script, dialog box was the best way...Also you don't have to click ok you can just hit enter after entering a value, essentially making it the same as via parameters. We can see about adding tab as a hit command as well. Personally I have always used enter/return, never tried tab lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on

In my experience, tab is generally used to move from one entry field to the next. Enter or Return is generally used to confirm entries and exit the dialog. I've never seen the tab key exit a dialog box. Maybe that was a typo?

edited May 2020

No his saying using tab via parameters tab in studio. It does work there as well as enter to confirm a change.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

No his saying using tab via parameters tab in studio. It does work there as well as enter to confirm a change.

OK, I understand. Thanks for the clarification.