Dial Control for Genesis to Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

No it hasn't been set live yet. I was just giving an update on the update lol.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    Zev0 said:

Ye that is more Fit Control's department.

Speaking of Fit Control.  Even with deleting eyelashes it still crashes Daz to desktop.  So it might be Fit Control's department, but that product is currently a hazard.

edited May 2020
    Sevrin said:
    Zev0 said:

Speaking of Fit Control.  Even with deleting eyelashes it still crashes Daz to desktop.  So it might be Fit Control's department, but that product is currently a hazard.

Need more info. Define Crash? Does it close studio or does it hang? What items are loaded on the figure? We are aware of the script hanging issue. Please PM me your log when this crash happens again.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited May 2020
    Zev0 said:
    Sevrin said:
    Zev0 said:

Need more info. Define Crash? Does it close studio or does it hang? What items are loaded on the figure? We are aware of the script hanging issue. Please PM me your log when this crash happens again.

Crash to desktop as in crash to desktop with the Daz crash to desktop window.   This crash happens very reliably.  This was with one of Arryn and Onnel's outfits.  FC applied to dress only.

Sent you the log and a link to the dump files.

Annotation 2020-05-29 022203.jpg
    533 x 511 - 100K
    Annotation 2020-05-29 023455.jpg
    232 x 172 - 9K
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • Nice addition, could be better. Since locked dials aren't really locked in reality (dials which are ERC frozen to some other dial, those values will never be locked at all), this product can add a functionality to export the values of visible dials, and load it back somehow. Maybe giving the ability to load only selected dials data back. For now, all the ability it gives is just to sort and see the current used dials, taking you to the selected dial and resetting it's value. Which is fine, altogether. Doesn't make the task any less tedious than what already is with dials and daz.

Also, the missing ability to zero the dials is also a bummer. Not sure why it wasn't thought of before. 

edited May 2020
    Sevrin said:
    Zev0 said:
    Sevrin said:
    Zev0 said:

Crash to desktop as in crash to desktop with the Daz crash to desktop window.   This crash happens very reliably.  This was with one of Arryn and Onnel's outfits.  FC applied to dress only.

Thanks. Didn't get any PM. Did it go through?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:
    Sevrin said:
    Zev0 said:
    Sevrin said:
    Zev0 said:

Thanks. Didn't get any PM. Did it go through?

It went through.

Annotation 2020-05-29 090433.jpg
    693 x 191 - 16K

I'll check again thanks

edited May 2020

Here is the new interface with updated features. I will notify once this version has gone live. Thank you.

Popup_1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 733K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited May 2020
    Zev0 said:

Here is the new interface with updated features. I will notify once this version has gone live. Thank you.

Dial control to the script menu is a HUGE addition, thanks! 

EDIT: Oops, this already exists as a way to add the script to the scrips menu, not to add the entire dial menu my mistake!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited June 2020

@Sevrin "This crash happens very reliably.  This was with one of Arryn and Onnel's outfits"

Is the with that specific outfit? I don't get crashes with Fit Control.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
    fastbike1 said:

@Sevrin "This crash happens very reliably.  This was with one of Arryn and Onnel's outfits"

Is the with that specific outfit? I don't gete crashes with Fit Control.

Not only with this outfit.  FC for G3F doesn't seem to be a problem, but I can't use the G8F FC at all.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 931
    Sevrin said:
    fastbike1 said:

Is the with that specific outfit? I don't gete crashes with Fit Control.

Not only with this outfit.  FC for G3F doesn't seem to be a problem, but I can't use the G8F FC at all.

I have been using it on G8F many times in last week without any issues? Possibly something specific to your setup or the items you are using? 
    TD

• peteanderson1212peteanderson1212 Posts: 75
    edited June 2020

Zev0 Any plans to add zeroing the dials perhaps? Reset isn't always the thing that zeroes dials out or turns their effects off. Would be better to include one such other button which zeroes the selected dials. Selecting dials would be better too, since right now there's no other way than to hide some or manually reset dials one by one, becomes cumbersome when you're dealing with 100s of dials. Lots of minor things like that could really make a difference.

Why the 0 button? It's because once you memorize and restore the figure, those values are seen as default values and the this product does not change those values anyhow. At that point this becomes entirely useless for anything at all. And you might need to memorize/restore to clear any animations that might have been made by mistake. 

Post edited by peteanderson1212 on
    edited June 2020

"Zev0 Any plans to add zeroing the dials perhaps?"

Morphs that have values set as default will have to be edited manually. What we did include in this coming update is the ability to spot such morphs.

"It's because once you memorize and restore the figure, those values are seen as default values and the this product does not change those values anyhow."

That is something studio does that I do not like. We have no control over that. We will see if there is a way to restore them to their original state, but we will have to speak to daz to see why studio chooses to do that. I have scenes where a specific character has the morphs as default value but when I load that same character as a subset, then the dials are fine.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Yeah, it is the work of daz studio itself. It's good that you have some workaround trying to mitigate that issue. But perhaps a button to 0 the dials and the option to select those dials would also be a good addition to the product, for safe measures in case whatever workaround you have isn't able to show the default properties made through cleaning the animations. I also saw that this tool doesn't show the hidden dials, it's a good thing. Comes in handy. But then it would be better if it was somehow able to show the hidden morphs for the particular part of the body (if it's something that can be done, as far as I can see, the morphs are seen as from their paths /Actor/Head or /Actor/Chest and then categorized into the particular zones of the body. Which might not be possible for the hidden dials.)

It would be easier to deal with any hidden dials alas, because once you go to check out the hidden used tabs it's a clusterfest once again. 

edited June 2020

"option to select those dials would also be a good addition to the product"

We will only have option to display those morphs (coming in update). We will not add a morph property box in order to edit their min max value inside the script. That you can do inside studio itself. It is why we added alternative functions. EG click button to display those morphs with default values, a jump button to show where that morph is on the figure, minimize script so you can quickly edit the morph inside studio. The main complaint was that those morphs could not be seen. That is what we addressed. Editing them you can do inside studio.

Also there no need to display hidden dials. In nearly all cases they are dependant\linked to the visible sliders and should not be edited or touched. Those are all you need to worry about.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Hi Guys. Version 1.1 is now Live. Thank you for your support.

• Any chance you can add an option to show hidden morphs? 

Hi. We had a discussion about it and decided the benefit wasn't really that great and all the hidden morphs would just over populate the list. Part of why we made this product was to simplify what is shown. Most hidden dials are not meant to be touched anyways since they are linked to primary or main morph functions so showing them in lists didn't really make any sense.

Zev0 said:

Hi. We had a discussion about it and decided the benefit wasn't really that great and all the hidden morphs would just over populate the list. Part of why we made this product was to simplify what is shown. Most hidden dials are not meant to be touched anyways since they are linked to primary or main morph functions so showing them in lists didn't really make any sense.

The main reason I use Dial Control is to focus on what's active and eliminate irrelevant sliders.  So yeah, adding in Hidden Morphs would do the opposite, and there are soooo many.

• rogersohandsomerogersohandsome Posts: 15
    edited August 2020

I mean a filter to only display hidden morphs so I can find that morph(jcm/mcm?) that's distorting the figure's pose or shape. It's the same reason why I asked for option to list default values(Thank you for adding that) so we wouldn't have to spend a long time looking for them.

Like this morph in image below was hidden and didn't have any other shown morphs linking to it. Plus, there are times when they're hidden and that really makes it a pain to find in parameters tab.

Capture.PNG
    1028 x 742 - 277K
    Post edited by rogersohandsome on
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,798

Hey,

I see here one Problem, when a char preload saves the char with 100% values, which are saved as "default", then will Dial Control not show them.

I wanted to use Dial Control to see which morphs are used on the shape from someone other, but now I realize, maybe the script doesnt show all, because "defaults" arent listed.

Is it possible to add a checkbox/button to show all 100% values or... no idea, I mean when someone uses 50% Char A and 50% Char B and set both as default, then does the script with 100% also not see it oh man :<

Maybe... what about anything that is - 1% or + 1% so all who have a higher or lower value as 0, can be showed.

that would excludes zeroed dials but still show all "used".

2020-09-16 16_43_45-000588.jpg
    766 x 488 - 74K

Try this button.

Capture.JPG
    524 x 722 - 54K
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,798
    edited September 2020
    Zev0 said:

Try this button.

Not in my script, I assume I need to update :)

Post edited by Loony on

Ye latest version is 1.1

We will be updating all our scripts.

Here is the 8.1 update. Just overwrite the existing script file. Official update is still in Q/A.

zip
    zip
    Dial Control.zip
    edited March 2022

Official update now live

Version 1.2

Post edited by Zev0 on