Dial Control for Genesis to Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• Well, I just bought this, but it's not running for me. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. When I try to load the script, it says "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details." I checked the log file, and all it says is

2020-05-15 18:10:41.387 Loading script: D:/DAZ 3D/My Library/Scripts/Dial Control/Dial Control.dse
    2020-05-15 18:10:41.387 Failed to load script: D:/DAZ 3D/My Library/Scripts/Dial Control/Dial Control.dse

Which isn't particularly helpful. I tried launching the script with G8F selected, and I tried again with nothing selected. I verified that other scripts are working. I use plenty of other scripts, so I'm not sure why this one is failing. I'm running Daz Studio 4.11 64 bit. Halp...

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited May 2020
    You need to be on studio 4.12
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • That fixed it. Thank you!

• Jim EadonJim Eadon Posts: 13

Hi,

I can run the script, it runs in its own pop-up window. But is there a way of docking it, so it's not a pop-up?
    Also, I hit the cog icon -> add to script menu. but it doesn't work, even after rebooting Daz.

Please advise, thanks.

edited May 2020

Hi. There is no way to dock it, scripts cannot be docked..Only way that can happen is if its a tab and we still experimenting with tabs. Problem with tabs is you are restricted interface design wise. Can I see a log right after you hit the add script to menu? Also can you test if an assigned short cut key works? Thanks

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097
    edited May 2020

Is there a way to get Dial Control to show in the Scripts menu at the top of DAZ Studio? I thought there was, but I can't find a way to do it. I don't see "add script to menu." The screen shot will show what I see.

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 11.32.38 AM.png
    466 x 388 - 52K
    Post edited by inquire on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

@inquire Click the cog bottom left corner with the script running.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

@Daventaki: Ah, OK, that did it. Thank you very much.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Your Welcome

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249

I just picked this up and it looks great so far. One observation I will make is that I commonly click on a model with extreem morphs when I start developing a character In daz. In this case I clicked on crypto and started adding full body morph characters like glumgurgle and the giant morph thinking it would be cool to use this tool to manage how much of each I use for the final character. I noticed within the script window that (I am assuming) because I started with Crypto as my base character and not Genesis 8 male, when I look for crypto so that I can dial back his admitidly over bearing looks a bit I don't see a dial. I suppose I could change my rutine and always start with Genesis 8 or what ever generation base I might need but then that requires me to look for and load a particular skin and I guess I am just used to picking  a particular model and going with it. Do let me know if I have overlooked where you access the original caracter morphs. .

edited May 2020

I just picked this up and it looks great so far. One observation I will make is that I commonly click on a model with extreem morphs when I start developing a character In daz. In this case I clicked on crypto and started adding full body morph characters like glumgurgle and the giant morph thinking it would be cool to use this tool to manage how much of each I use for the final character. I noticed within the script window that (I am assuming) because I started with Crypto as my base character and not Genesis 8 male, when I look for crypto so that I can dial back his admitidly over bearing looks a bit I don't see a dial. I suppose I could change my rutine and always start with Genesis 8 or what ever generation base I might need but then that requires me to look for and load a particular skin and I guess I am just used to picking  a particular model and going with it. Do let me know if I have overlooked where you access the original caracter morphs. .

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will see how to make the primary character dial appear when loading in a character as base. The script does not pick up the primary slider because studio sets it to this, see below. You will see it is greyed out, yet it is not set to hidden.

Capture.JPG
    632 x 850 - 72K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249
    Zev0 said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will see how to make the primary character dial appear when loading in a character as base. The script does not pick up the primary slider because studio sets it to this, see below. You will see it is greyed out, yet it is not set to hidden.

Cool, glad to help! I really like the script.

I also picked up bitwielders dialog design so I could see about learning some scripting... seems like there is always another tool to  be made for studio.lol

• This looks like it will be a very useful tool, if it displays the paths of morphs used for a character.

Does it have that functionality for clothing items attached to the figure?

edited May 2020

This looks like it will be a very useful tool, if it displays the paths of morphs used for a character.

Does it have that functionality for clothing items attached to the figure?

No. Just for figures. I see no real viability for clothing since most of them have next to no native morphs and populating them in this system is kind of pointless since navigation on clothing morphs is pretty simple compared to finding used morphs on a figure where they are nested in multiple groups.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Yes, I can appreciate where you are coming from with that.

The reason I was asking is that I quite often save kitbash outfits as a wearable preset.

Having easy go to paths to trace the item installation facilitates texture changes and perhaps morph adjustment.

I suppose that might be of more relevance to Fit Control?

Ye that is more Fit Control's department.

• TonnieTonnie Posts: 0

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I am a dial slider with lots of morph packages.  This product makes creating so much easier! 

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

Fauvist said:
    barbult said:
    That feature would be the main reason to purchase it for me. Please keep the thread here updated on any extra capabilities you add. Thanks for your quick and honest reply. You always have the best product support!

That is the only reason I would buy this product too - if it told you exactly what product the morph came from.

You can see the path to the morph just by clicking on the cog. If this is the only reason you'd buy this product then it isn't for you. 

I don't seem to be albe to do anything with Daz once it's open, the only useful feature is being able to spilt head and body. That isn't something I would want to do very often, once per figure. The fact that I can't do anything in Daz once it's open is seriously annoying.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@jimmac-donald "The fact that I can't do anything in Daz once it's open is seriously annoying"

No script that I'm aware of will let you do things in Studio while the script is running. The script needs to run to completness. If the script is identifying or changing characters and you're changing characters outside of the script, how do you think that would work out? When would the script reach a finish criteria?

edited May 2020

"If the script is identifying or changing characters and you're changing characters outside of the script, how do you think that would work out?"

It actually mirrors what is done. EG if you adjust the dial values inside the script it is dynamically changing the values in viewport. Would work the other way around as well if the script could be minimized. The problem is quick access to viewport. We added the shortcut key option so you can quickly open and close the script. We are investigating a way to minimize scripts, but it is extremely tricky and we will need daz's blessing to allow us to do so because it is extremely sensitive and can cause studio unstablility. So far only one product Shape Splitter IE X-Morphs has such a script function successfully utilized to our knowledge without users complaining of issues. End of the day it is kinda like a backdoor hack...

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • MescalinoMescalino Posts: 431

The production description says you can easily spot which asset you have used for your dials.

Does this also work the other way around?

Lets say i want to dial my own character using only below morph sets:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-head-morphs
    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-body-morphs

Can i 'filter' those out and use them.
    I know some PA's use a prefix for their slider(s) so those are easy to find, however this isn't always the case.

If i was to make some head and body presets to give away in the freebee or maybe even sell them (once i get the quality i like, and feedback from people they would actualy be interested in this (as lets face it, what i can slide anybody can as well).) I obviously want too use as little assets as possible.

edited May 2020

Hi. You can arrange or list the morphs by product in the script so those head and body morphs From Daz3D will be arranged together. The script will place all those next to each other, then you can zero out the rest from other products that you don't need.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    fastbike1 said:

@jimmac-donald "The fact that I can't do anything in Daz once it's open is seriously annoying"

No script that I'm aware of will let you do things in Studio while the script is running. The script needs to run to completness. If the script is identifying or changing characters and you're changing characters outside of the script, how do you think that would work out? When would the script reach a finish criteria?

You're missing the point. 

• This is phenomenal...a must for everybody, IMO...

10 stars...

• In an update can you also make it so it displays dials that have default at 100%? There some artists out there who puts annoying 100% default morphs in their assets, and It really sucks when you don't notice it until much later...

edited May 2020

In an update can you also make it so it displays dials that have default at 100%? There some artists out there who puts annoying 100% default morphs in their assets, and It really sucks when you don't notice it until much later...

We are looking into how to display those. Good news is that we got the minimize feature working, we just busy testing that on multiple systems for stability.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited May 2020

So far completed in update is ability to minimize script. We also added the ability to list all those morphs where default dial value is not at 0, so you can easily locate morphs that are auto dialed and do not appear under currently used.

Capture.JPG
    537 x 810 - 81K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

Thanks man, you kick ass!

edited May 2020

This update will now bring up the main character dial under the new list dials with default value option. See two posts up.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

I don't think the update has hit the store yet, I reinstalled using DIM so I can try to keep an eye out for it easier.