Bluejaunte appreciation

Comments

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    barbult said:
    Asari said:

So, since this is an appreciation thread and usually appreciation threads are meant to flood the thread with lots and lots of renders ...

Very hesitant to post my stuff when I see so much beauties in one thread, but at least I have something unique to offer - technically not a bluejaunte girl but Amira on G8M.

That's interesting, didn't know you can get away with female skins on males.

UV swap

Correct, this is UV swap in action.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

Great images, everyone.

edited April 2020
    Ensley03pic02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 404K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 518

^ Gah, heart melt!!! That is adorable @artini !! Really shows off what an amazing smile character has 

edited April 2020

Thanks a lot, lana_lass. I really love all those smiles, that Bluejaunte provide to the characters.

She is simply a master of smiling, if I can say.

Post edited by Artini on
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

I'm a he by the way angel

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,313

HA HA!   NOW we know.  (I guess I just assumed you were female along with most everyone else)
    I think there was a thread once for this sort of thing since it is not always obvious by PA Name or forum avatar.

Thanks, dude, for all the hard work you put into your AMAZING models!

edited April 2020

My bad - did not know. I have assumed based on your nickname.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2020
    Inaru04pic01SoftDet.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 327K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2020
    Beautiful renders, @Artini.

Post edited by Asari on

Thanks a lot, Asari.

• RagazzineRagazzine Posts: 99

FWIW, if people are inspired by this thread, there are several Bluejuante characters at this moment in Fastgrab, 70% off.  https://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models/

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142
    edited April 2020

I hate to say it, but it's not just the skin that is similar, but the facial morphs. These three are almost identical, with similar eyes, nose and mouth. A few characters look a bit different, but I'd like to see a bigger variety in the facial features. And even choices for the skin settings with different skin tones (which of course we can do ourselves but shouldn't have to) but there is just too much similarity with many characters...

Once upon a time I worked for a doll collector's magazine. MOST of the dollmakers made dolls with similar faces and quite a few of them (upon meeting them in person) looked an awful lot like their dolls. It's human nature to recreate that with which you are most familiar or that appeals to you most. There are many character artists and the majority of their characters all have similarities between each other. I could name a bunch ;). It's far from unusual ;)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142
    edited April 2020

A quickie I did of Ensley this morning. I love this character. She really does look like a real girl :). And I stand by my original assessment that she looks to be between the ages of 12-14 years old. I don't buy many females, but I had to have her :).

Laurie

Ensley.jpg
    1400 x 2038 - 167K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    AllenArt said:

I hate to say it, but it's not just the skin that is similar, but the facial morphs. These three are almost identical, with similar eyes, nose and mouth. A few characters look a bit different, but I'd like to see a bigger variety in the facial features. And even choices for the skin settings with different skin tones (which of course we can do ourselves but shouldn't have to) but there is just too much similarity with many characters...

Once upon a time I worked for a doll collector's magazine. MOST of the dollmakers made dolls with similar faces and quite a few of them (upon meeting them in person) looked an awful lot like their dolls. It's human nature to recreate that with which you are most familiar or that appeals to you most. There are many character artists and the majority of their characters all have similarities between each other. I could name a bunch ;). It's far from unusual ;)

Laurie

I know many artists have a signature look, but those three characters, at least based on the promos, look REALLY similar. I'm happy to see that some of the newer and even older characters are different. Bluejaunte said he was open to suggestions, so my suggestion would be this: more skin tones (and more than one in the same character), adding more variety to the skin, eye and makeup textures, and trying different shaped noses, (maybe less bulbous?), different style mouths and eyes. He's obviously very talented and I would love to see that talent grow and bloom in new interesting ways... laugh That said, I do have 3 of the girls from FastGrab in my cart now and am curious if it's just the promos that make them look so similar. I rarely use morphs or skin as is anyway, I just use as a starting point, so I'm curious to see how the characters mix with other morphs and makeup choices. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited April 2020

This mixed morph character uses Noemi's skin with freckles. I think the freckles look very realistic. I dialed down some of the bump, normal, and roughness settings, because the defauls were stronger than I wanted for this close portrait.

Freckles PS.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited April 2020

Great images - please post as many of them as you please.

Post edited by Artini on
  • rafidewrafidew Posts: 174

Wanted to chime in as well, because I ADORE the characters from bluejaunte.
    Really amazing work you're doing, these ladies do feel tangible and have real personality.

Here's a little portrait of Amira I cooked up yesterday:

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,511
    edited April 2020

I believe in you, Bluejaunte.

Stephen Perry from Twilight Zone episode, The Big Tall Wish

Post edited by NylonGirl on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,715
    edited April 2020

Amala

Amala's shape with Nix 8 skin (altered). Her long head is covered by her huge hair. I decreased the Y of her eyeBALLS (not eyes) so that her irises would be more circular, although they remain warped. Her teeth are still fangy, so I couldn't make her smile.

AmalaOutback.png
    1950 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by xyer0 on
    xyer0 said:

Does Amala have human skin?

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    barbult said:
    xyer0 said:

Or a human head?

marble said:
    barbult said:
    xyer0 said:

Or a human head?

Yes, I don't see how that can be Amala shape or skin.

• AllenArt said:

Laurie

I know many artists have a signature look, but those three characters, at least based on the promos, look REALLY similar. I'm happy to see that some of the newer and even older characters are different. Bluejaunte said he was open to suggestions, so my suggestion would be this: more skin tones (and more than one in the same character), adding more variety to the skin, eye and makeup textures, and trying different shaped noses, (maybe less bulbous?), different style mouths and eyes. He's obviously very talented and I would love to see that talent grow and bloom in new interesting ways... laugh That said, I do have 3 of the girls from FastGrab in my cart now and am curious if it's just the promos that make them look so similar. I rarely use morphs or skin as is anyway, I just use as a starting point, so I'm curious to see how the characters mix with other morphs and makeup choices. 

Lol, I would imagine we would end up paying 5 times(or more) as much if we expected every aspect of a character to be unique. Sure, I would pay for it, but I certainly wouldn't be buying as many characters.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,715

Amala

barbult said:
    marble said:
    barbult said:
    xyer0 said:

Amala

Or a human head?

That's Amala's shape with Nix 8 skin (altered). Her long head is covered by her huge hair. I decreased the Y of her eyeBALLS (not eyes) so that her irises would be more circular, although they remain warped. Her teeth are still fangy, so I couldn't make her smile.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited April 2020
    AllenArt said:

A quickie I did of Ensley this morning. I love this character. She really does look like a real girl :). And I stand by my original assessment that she looks to be between the ages of 12-14 years old. I don't buy many females, but I had to have her :).

Laurie

I thought she looked much older, but yeh, younger teen in your image; although, there are sill aspects of her face that give her an older look.

... Probably have no issue getting a drink if that's what the story required.

Post edited by nicstt on
    xyer0 said:

Amala

barbult said:
    marble said:
    barbult said:
    xyer0 said:

Amala

Or a human head?

That's Amala's shape with Nix 8 skin (altered). Her long head is covered by her huge hair. I decreased the Y of her eyeBALLS (not eyes) so that her irises would be more circular, although they remain warped. Her teeth are still fangy, so I couldn't make her smile.

Now we have bluejaunte skin on G8M and now male maps on a bluejaunte morph - interesting thank you for sharing!
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

The one thing I've never understood is how on earth bluejaunte does a smile expression that looks so damn real!!! I've used sahel's and misumi's smile on other characters and they STILL look real!! Of the four characters I own, Sahel is my favourite. 

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited April 2020

Oops double post, mucked up the image upload

sahel-portrait.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 367K
    Post edited by willowfan on
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238

Sahel is lovely