Bluejaunte appreciation

Comments

• Cybersox said:

Well, thanks for the feetback Siciliano! Looks great.

I toetally saw what you did there. ;) 

LOL fantastic!  

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Can we get your foot morphs somewhere by the way?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

Thanks a lot, xyer0.

What can I say. Once you start rendering scenes with Bluejaunte's characters, you can't stop, especially with Ensley.

• Can we get your foot morphs somewhere by the way?

Hey Bluejaunte, I never really put them up for sale.  I would have to bone up on properly creating the morph in DAZ as a slider you can include in a figure.  I just Goz and morph away.  I then just import the morph via morph loader pro and set to 100%.  The nice thing about your characters is you can set the foot morph to neutral and apply my morph.  Saves me the trouble of having to do that myself in Zbrush.  My hats off to the PA's because its not just creating assets its also supporting them plus answering issues some may arise with a product.  I would imagine a morph would be something easy.

• I would love to get my hands on those foot morphs!
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Hey Bluejaunte, I never really put them up for sale.  I would have to bone up on properly creating the morph in DAZ as a slider you can include in a figure.  I just Goz and morph away.  I then just import the morph via morph loader pro and set to 100%.  The nice thing about your characters is you can set the foot morph to neutral and apply my morph.  Saves me the trouble of having to do that myself in Zbrush.  My hats off to the PA's because its not just creating assets its also supporting them plus answering issues some may arise with a product.  I would imagine a morph would be something easy.

Hmm yeah if you wanted to sell some you'd have to make them into a full product with all the hassle that comes with it. Unless you put them on some third party site like Gumroad. Maybe I could buy some off you for use in my characters though?

edited April 2020

Ensley smile and skin materials on Carina - https://www.daz3d.com/carina-hd-for-robyn-8

Carina02pic01ospf.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 342K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2020

One more render of Carina with smile and materials from Ensley.

Carina07pic02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 262K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Can we get your foot morphs somewhere by the way?

Hmm yeah if you wanted to sell some you'd have to make them into a full product with all the hassle that comes with it. Unless you put them on some third party site like Gumroad. Maybe I could buy some off you for use in my characters though?

Not a bad idea, I will see about Gumroad or something.  Its now just an .obj but I don't think I can share an .obj for a DAZ figure.  I'm glad you really like my work!

Not a bad idea, I will see about Gumroad or something.  Its now just an .obj but I don't think I can share an .obj for a DAZ figure.  I'm glad you really like my work!

It is hard not to like your work - the images you presented looks extraordinary.

edited April 2020

Now it was a time for me to try mixing different Bluejaunte's characters.

I have started with Ensley and dialled her down to 50%, and then I have put more, much more...

The render is below

EnsleyMix12pic14mix01.jpg
    365 x 756 - 109K
    EnsleyMix12pic14.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 340K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2020

By the way, does anybody knows, what sole displacement on Ensley means?

Is it just a displacement or does it only changes the sole (but I do not know, where is the sole located on the character).

EnsleySoleDispl.jpg
    197 x 416 - 35K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    Artini said:

By the way, does anybody knows, what sole displacement on Ensley means?

Is it just a displacement or does it only changes the sole (but I do not know, where is the sole located on the character).

The sole is the bottom of the foot.

• Artini said:

It is hard not to like your work - the images you presented looks extraordinary.

Thanks Artini!

edited April 2020

Ok, it looks like, I have to make some renders of the feet of the characters...

Ensley10pic03.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 431K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

I don't understand why a PA uses displacement in Iray instead of an HD morph? Non-PA users can't create HD morphs, so they must rely on displacement and mesh SubD to get extra detail. Why would a PA choose displacement over HD morph? What am I missing?

edited April 2020

Have changed sole displacement to 4 (max), but could not see a difference...

Ensley11pic01.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 423K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,250
    I forgot, what does subd displacement do and how is it different from the render/viewport subd? Does it just subd the specific displacement surface rather than at the whole object level?
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited April 2020

Just gonna leave this here...

Where bluejaunte's Skins Come From.jpg
    1512 x 1080 - 854K
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • Artini said:

Nice job Artini!  I use subD level 3 gets the job done!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Sevrin said:

Just gonna leave this here...

Silence of the Lambs?

Artini said:

Nice job Artini!  I use subD level 3 gets the job done!

Thanks. I have also realized that subD level 3 is enough for my renders.

• davidtriunedavidtriune Posts: 452
    barbult said:

This mixed morph character uses Noemi's skin with freckles. I think the freckles look very realistic. I dialed down some of the bump, normal, and roughness settings, because the defauls were stronger than I wanted for this close portrait.

just curious, is this rendered in blender? it doesn't look like a daz render.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    barbult said:

This mixed morph character uses Noemi's skin with freckles. I think the freckles look very realistic. I dialed down some of the bump, normal, and roughness settings, because the defauls were stronger than I wanted for this close portrait.

No, it is Daz Studio Iray.
  • AsariAsari Posts: 703
    edited May 2020
    I played around with skin settings, mainly testing my new peach fuzz preset. I found out that the roughness settings unique to bluejaunte character skin settings mimic peach fuzz effect a bit. If I layer actual peach fuzz geometry over the character the effect us less visible. Whereas with other skin settings - I tested it with Raiya's Kian preset - geometry peach fuzz is much more visible. You can directly see subtle hairs on the skin surface whereas on bluejaunte skin settings I can only see the subtle hairs from certain angles if the light angle is correct.
    Post edited by Asari on
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

No, it is Daz Studio Iray.

Excellent freckles, excellent render!

• AsariAsari Posts: 703

Tested Noemi with wet / shiny skin settings. I made this preset for Amira originally. Turned out a bit too strong for Noemi.

• cajhincajhin Posts: 154
    edited May 2020

First post, hi all, feel the need to appreciate... *appreciate*
    Played with DAZ a lot recently because Iray and next level of realism. Misumi is my figure #13, dropped it in a studio dome, closeup and WOW do portraits look good out of the box. The promos really should have one closeup that shows off the detail level, I would have bought it much earlier.
    This is imo really the next level, what I hoped to see in DS 5. This amateur never rendered anything closer to “is this real or CGI?”

Applied skin, eyebrows and smile to Mousso/Millarosa (one of my favorites) and it really improved it for closer shots, the skin is great (she's got 1/4 asian eyes now though :)
    I'll buy more for sure, and if it was only for the skins.

Attached a Misumi with only minor modifications, it's hard to improve on. Photoshopped (Affinitied) sparsely to highlight the hair a bit and to soften the somewhat harsh knuckle skin.
    (the bra is lame of course, but didn't want to provoke the mods with my first post, and I don't have any clothing that passes for real, or maybe not the skillset).

Critique/Thoughts
    This is not meant to bash it in any way, I'm super happy; but I'm the kind of guy who wants to make very good things better.
    - oh noes: next to Misumi, my other figures suddenly look cartoonish, I'm spoiled now and I cannot go back (solution: spend *even more* money)
    - the eyebrows are the best I have, but in high res they subtly stand out, because they are a touch too soft/antialiased/smudged next to the very clear and detailled face textures. Tweaked the colors but still not 100% there.
    - natural teeth still look bleached to me (an unfortunate beauty standard imo). I'll try and add a touch of ivory

- small bug: selecting the eylashes MAT also changes the eye color
    - probably a topic for another post, but yeah ‘downstairs hairs’. I mostly learn with nudes because clothing is an extra complication, especially with dforce long hair involved. I like to have nature's fig leave (aka pubic hair) to cover the unnatural barbie shape, but it's so hard to aquire. I bought a bunch of Mousso figures because that's about the only souce of decent quality hair I know of (and you can't even preview it before you buy).
    In short, when the artist doesn't like it, don't do it; but high quality body hair that suits the figure is a big bonus in my book.
    - Misumi's sisters are all interesting and I appreciate ‘different from the mainstream’, but bad luck for me, most are just not quite what I imagine for my scenes. Too young/cute or they don't tickle my “oooh hot” nerve. Now everyone does best what they love the most, so please do whatever inspires you.
    Just want to note that the qualitiy is a league of its own, so a “mainstream” figure (Vic, Lara Croft, fashion)
    is still unique and desirable to me. Ah, a Mousso shape/OOT hair/BJ skin collaboration, I would so buy that.
    - Finally, thanks for the excellent Misumi, I enjoy her a lot. Makes me feel like im any good at this stuff :)

Post edited by cajhin on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    Artini said:

I got an update in DIM for Ensley - https://www.daz3d.com/ensley-hd--expressions-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Anybody knows, what was changed?

I have also installed the latest beta of Daz Studio - version 4.12.1.109.

Now when I save a scene or check the renders settings, it takes a significant amount of time

and sometimes I got a message from Windows 10, that the program is not responding.

It is especially scary, when it pop ups during the saving of the scene...

This is the most beautiful render, her smile, and her eyes are amazing @artini.  I PM'd you

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited October 2020

Default Misumi with new clothes she's trying out

And Young Lyra practicing ballet with Minto 

Misumi Futura 1 Resized.png
    1600 x 2080 - 7M
    Ballet Practice 1.png
    2000 x 2600 - 8M
    Post edited by BandoriFan on