Bluejaunte appreciation

Comments

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

cajhin, if you unfold/expand those lashes in the surfaces pane, you'll find that bluejaunte includes a setting for...mm, i think it's eye moisture...in there.

so just select the lashes sublisting when you're tweaking hair color, and your eye color won't be affected.

j

cajhin said:

- small bug: selecting the eylashes MAT also changes the eye color

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874
    edited February 2021

It has been a while, so here comes my recent render of Sahel - https://www.daz3d.com/sahel-hd-signature-smile-hd-expression-for-genesis-8-female

I am waiting for the new character for Genesis 8.1 from Bluejaunte - hope that everything is fine with him.

So the question for now is: Where are you, Bluejaunte?

Sahel04pic02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 319K
    Post edited by Artini on

ALLIEKATBLUE said:

I got an update in DIM for Ensley - https://www.daz3d.com/ensley-hd--expressions-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Anybody knows, what was changed?

I have also installed the latest beta of Daz Studio - version 4.12.1.109.

Now when I save a scene or check the renders settings, it takes a significant amount of time

and sometimes I got a message from Windows 10, that the program is not responding.

It is especially scary, when it pop ups during the saving of the scene...

This is the most beautiful render, her smile, and her eyes are amazing @artini.  I PM'd you

Thanks a lot and sorry, that I have missed your PM. Just the real life was so intense nowadays.

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Artini said:

I am waiting for the new character for Genesis 8.1 from Bluejaunte - hope that everything is fine with him.

Working on exactly that smiley

bluejaunte said:

Artini said:

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you.

All the best for you smiley

edited February 2021

It is pure fun and great enjoyment for me rendering beautiful ladies created by Bluejaunte.

Below is my recent render of Noemi - https://www.daz3d.com/noemi-hd--smile-hd-expression-for-genesis-8-female

Noemi03pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 613K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited February 2021

... and the close-up of Noemi.

Noemi04pic03.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 436K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • cajhincajhin Posts: 154
    edited February 2021

Yay laugh really curious what you can do with the new tools.

I was surprised there was little 8.1 content so far. Now that I've played with it for a couple of hours, ok I get it, there's more to learn than I thought.

Revisited an older scene and applied the PBRSkin shader, and microtextures for the hand (old bump was bit coarse in closeup). It's not quite finished but I already like it better overall than the 8.0 version.

(Details details... with Misumi it was easy to get the color roughly where it should be, but then couldn't get it quite right, the original has a slightly more yellowish tone. The texturing.xyz micro normals resulted in brutal shadow artifacts, had to increase subdiv. I think the new skin gloss is nicer, but lots of dials to learn)

P.S. as a card carrying member of the Misumi Fan Club (I'm under the impression I'm not the only one), I hope one day there'll be a Misumi v2 with the new UV/shader/morphs, and possibly some upgrades like Ensley's feet. Looks like PAs never do this, might not make sense business wise unless it's Victoria? I imagine it's way less effort than doing a figure from scratch though. Well, let's see how far I can push her myself...

misumi phicen revisited2 pbr5.jpg
    2800 x 1575 - 1M
    Post edited by cajhin on
  • FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

bluejaunte said:

Artini said:

You're clearly not working hard enough if you're finding time to reply to comments in the forum.

I joke of course. Glad to hear there's something in the pipeline. Now, seriously, get back to work... laugh

• Amira. with Eilis hair

BJ-Amira - Eilis hair - leoninepro12-2.jpg
    703 x 800 - 247K
  • One comment I do have: I am interested in that shaven head, but it is for G3.
    And I want G8.

Yes, I know: I can use it blah blah. But when I want to buy a shirt and the sleeves are too long, I can easily buy it and roll up the sleevs, yes. But then I just don't buy.
    When it is really so easy to do it, why don't vendors adapt G3 to G8 themselves?

Erik Heyninck said:

One comment I do have: I am interested in that shaven head, but it is for G3.
    And I want G8.

Yes, I know: I can use it blah blah. But when I want to buy a shirt and the sleeves are too long, I can easily buy it and roll up the sleevs, yes. But then I just don't buy.
    When it is really so easy to do it, why don't vendors adapt G3 to G8 themselves?

There's nothing to adapt. The shaved hair is a geoshell and you won't notice it's for G3. You won't even get a message or anything. smiley

Been thinking about a new shaved hair product for 8.1 somwhere down the line though. I imagine the new skull UVs would help. We'll see if I ever get to that.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Erik Heyninck said:

And I want G8.

In most cases, like with this geoshell, and many hair and clothing products, switching between G3 and G8 is trivial.  For trickier products, there are converters.  So the market for the adapted products is small.

There's also the chance that customers would complain about a "cash grab" if vendors offered updated versions without meaningful upgrades.  Besides, who wants to keep remaking the same thing?

bluejaunte said:

Erik Heyninck said:

And I want G8.

There's nothing to adapt. The shaved hair is a geoshell and you won't notice it's for G3. You won't even get a message or anything. smiley

Been thinking about a new shaved hair product for 8.1 somwhere down the line though. I imagine the new skull UVs would help. We'll see if I ever get to that.

I just noticed this is only true for G8 not G8.1. I'd actually have to update this to make it work with 8.1 out of the box. That's a bit annoying.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,022

Speaking of Amira here's one I did a while back.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

Looking forward to your G8.1 figure, bluejaunte. Any hints when it'll show up in the store?

Anyways, here's an old render of Yara (G3F) I did a long time ago. I still use her for my renders along with Misumi.

20200302_out.png
    1200 x 1440 - 2M
  • Thanks for clarifying about that geoshell thing.

But: if is really trivial and works for G8 out of the box: why has its specifications never been adapted in the shop to G3 and G8?

Erik Heyninck said:

Thanks for clarifying about that geoshell thing.

But: if is really trivial and works for G8 out of the box: why has its specifications never been adapted in the shop to G3 and G8?

It was still made for G3. It shows up under G3 content in smart content. It's in G3 folders. And I guess nobody can be bothered to go through old items, rename them and adjust their content filters?

• cajhincajhin Posts: 154

1 consumer viewpoint: "look at that, Sinead O'Connor hair :) Not pretty but pretty cool. Price? D'accord. Oh, G3 only. Will it work, will there be trouble? I've got enough trouble already (and my share of $15 + 2 hours = empty hands).

Bought it 6 weeks later, after the 4th time seeing it ("well, it's bluejaunte, money won't be wasted it's just somewhere else").

You know that it works on G8, but the buyer doesn't. I think it makes (financial) sense to mention "works on G8" somehow (looks like DAZ makes it difficult to update the metadata though).

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Erik Heyninck said:

Amira. with Eilis hair

Nice.

• VenomisbeautyVenomisbeauty Posts: 86
    edited February 2021

double post, sorry, I'm new here :)

Post edited by Venomisbeauty on
    edited February 2021

I really appreciate bluejaunte's characters for their realism and I think that Amira is among the best charachters ever relesead. I have 6/7 of them, I don't remember. Here's a render I made with Sina, I think she's understimated :) I tried to gave her a mediterranean look... 

Next22PS.jpg
    4320 x 4320 - 7M
    edited February 2021

Hi, Venomisbeauty.

I cannot see your image.

Could you please attach your image as a file here.

If you want to embedd it in the post, like mine,

please remeber of the dimensions of it - max width is 800 pixels.

Thanks.

ForumPost.png
    704 x 549 - 59K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited February 2021

I can only see the text in your post, but not the image itself.

ForumPost2.png
    1153 x 447 - 45K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • TJohn said:

Speaking of Amira here's one I did a while back.

Adorable... for me her and Ensley are the very best models available anywhere!

edited February 2021

Artini said:

I can only see the text in your post, but not the image itself.

Better now? smiley

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Thanks, Venomisbeauty. Very nice.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Venomisbeauty said:

I really appreciate bluejaunte's characters for their realism and I think that Amira is among the best charachters ever relesead. I have 6/7 of them, I don't remember. Here's a render I made with Sina, I think she's understimated :) I tried to gave her a mediterranean look... 

Nice job.

edited March 2021

Inspired by this thread, last saturday I decided to take out another bluejaunte's character from my model parking) That's Malika with 100% "thin" morph on.... I really love her! 

croppedImage_1614455248964 (1).jpg
    1079 x 1079 - 534K
    croppedImage_1614454995848.jpg
    1078 x 1078 - 625K
    croppedImage_1614455002477.jpg
    1078 x 1078 - 617K
    edited March 2021
    Amira04pic02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 253K
    Post edited by Artini on