The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

...well, felines do tend to sleep a lot.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

Gabrielle is fine. She was just napping as usual. Right now she is drinking fresh cat milk.

There is a white moth in the apartment. Must have gotten in when I came home. Melody is keep meowing. Gabrielle is drinking milk. Micah is watching them.

Now Melody got up to meow at the ceiling. She is such a cat.

edited December 1969

...that is good to hear ('cept for the moth, but then, that should entertain the felines).

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited July 2012

I am very proud of the shading on this :3
    Still.... The shadows and the way the tail is bent makes things look very weird. Not happy with THAT XD

serpenty_web.jpg
    527 x 550 - 151K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Still.... The shadows and the way the tail is bent makes things look very weird. Not happy with THAT XD

Real nice. Bravo :)

edited December 1969

Gabrielle is fine. She was just napping as usual. Right now she is drinking fresh cat milk.

There is a white moth in the apartment. Must have gotten in when I came home. Melody is keep meowing. Gabrielle is drinking milk. Micah is watching them.

Now Melody got up to meow at the ceiling. She is such a cat.

Aw, too cute :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

I cannot sleep. It is two am.

edited July 2012

...hopefully you don't have to be up as early as I have to be.

-----

Meh, one complaint.

Ice buildup in the freezer vent already. Have to defrost the fridge again. Fortunately the only casualty was a half dozen ice cream sannies.

I feel I'm cursed when it comes to home appliances.

Maybe a good thing I played lazy and didn't do the big weekly shopping trip today.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited July 2012

Daang I wish Cinema had cloth like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6fUaurdFho#!
    (Dragon wings in Maya with dynamic cloth)

I'd soooooooooooo put that on ALL of the DAZ dragons and then make them look awesome.
    Watching that vid it almost makes me want to learn how to rig and animate. Almost. (By this I mean getting an actual tutor who knows the subject real well. I know the bare basics of rigging. JUST the basics and barely even that.)

The cloth system in Cinema is not as robust unfortunately. If you try to use it on flapping wings that are moving at any kind of speed you'll find it almost impossible to keep it on the belt objects. Mayas cloth gets around that kind of issue by having a parameter where you can use the original mesh as an attractor for the cloth mesh, that allows it to follow much faster animation without having to use really high substeps (which slow simulations down a lot).

I think the simplest solution would be to skin the wing membranes to a well constructed joint rig and then use a Jiggle deformer with a carefully painted vertex map so that the jiggle only happens in areas of the mesh between the bones of the wing, so that it still looks like it's attached to the bones but has some secondary motion where the looser areas naturally would be.

One other point though - even that might be overkill in some cases. In the clip you linked to above the motion of the wing membranes is hardly visible, I think most of what makes those dragon wings look flexible is really just a decent wing rig well animated by someone who studied real wing motion carefully and then exaggerated it. Unless the camera is very close to the wing the movement of the membrane may not even be needed to sell it.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Unnnngh. Mom woke me up; it had taken forever for me to fall asleep in the first place (something like 6:00 am), so 9:30 am is not a good time to get a call.

edited December 1969

*sigh* I was afraid of this. I found the AoE3 discs yeah... But they're no use without the packet or whatever that's usually inside the case. Unlike AoE1 and AoE2, the third game requires a serial key. That's usually on the back of those installation manual-guide things, and that particular guide is not in this case -__-
    Oh well... :(

edited December 1969

Hmm. For some reason I have one of the dungeon themes from Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 2 running through my head. It was earlier today as well, but I couldn't place the game it was from. Now I can.
    I really like it. :3

edited December 1969

Feh. Well Amazon doesn't offer a downloadable version of AoE3 like they did for Red Alert and HoMMV. So this means it'll probably be a few weeks before I can play it again ;__;

edited December 1969

"CAPTAIN Minamitsu Murasa, if you please."
    That girl is a ghost who drowned at sea, and specializes in sinking ships. Not sure what the tentacles are there for, but whatever :D

captain_murasa.jpg
    600 x 331 - 64K
    edited December 1969

Everything is better with tentacles :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Got bored, did a render that's not TVC-related! A friend of mine...

...hmmm, I think I remember running into once him somewhere on the edge of Myth Drannor..

...yeah, still around. Got into a bit of a snit over the new site software breaking down all the time and had to take a break after posting a fairly terse commentary a couple weeks ago.

...anyways, skimmed a couple pages and then gave up as I'm tired of playing catchup all the time.

-----

Ugh diabetes. My mum passed on from it years ago and have a co-worker currently wrestling with it. Fortunately my last blood glucose test came up negative. Still have to be careful though as it is in the bloodline.

-----

Ahh tabletop gaming. Still going strong where I am (unlike the reminder bots on this new forum).

Currently Involved in an interesting scenario where I am playing one of the figures of nobility (Her Grace Meggan Grande) from my old Shadowrun campaign. Much more of a "Role" rather than "Roll" play game which is loosely based on Europe from the Shadowrun system with a little Changeling thrown in for good measure, though a few years removed from the original campaign I GM'd.

Basically the Lord Protector (think Oliver Cromwell in the 2060s) has stranglehold on the kingdom to the point that several of the prominent nobility and even the King are notably "concerned". A lot of political intrigue mixed with a bit of ancient mystical powers.

In the last episode, we were charged by His Majesty to undermine the L.P.'s credibility and and authority in order to restore the true power back to the Crown. A daunting mission indeed and one which requires careful planning, a deft approach, as well as a bit of deviousness from time to time lest we tip our hand.

The story is very character driven (an aspect of the "Changeling" game that I always liked) and what we do (or don't do) can have a profound effect on the outcome of certain key events.

It's challenging because it involves a lot of creative thinking since we have to rely more on our character's personality, motives, and abilities rather than just the "idiot dice" to determine outcomes.

-----

Back in RL, still haven't found a suitable place to move to. Made more difficult as a lot of places require an application fee (non refundable of course), and payment of first./last/security (which is more than I can afford on what I earn) to move in. Where I am, we are still dealing with a depressed economy for the "average Joe/Jane" so one would think there would be a few deals to take advantage of. Not so, because of all the "gentrification" that has been going on here in the city which has turned once affordable apartment houses into corporate owned "vintage" condos catering to upscale professionals.

Really don't want to deal with the "joy" of having roomies again especially when I don't know them beforehand and don't want to move out to 'burbs" (where most of the gangs have been pushed out to). My commute is already bad enough the way it is.and I'm not into packing heat just so I can get home from the bus stop every evening.

The forum software will, on occasion, make me want to rip my head off and punt it down the road. Never good.

Diabetes: it sucks, but could be worse. It's deal-with-able so I'm not complaining oo much.

Places to live: that SUCKS. The same thing is happening here in Austin, lots of new places to live if you make a lot of $$$. For the average Joe/Jane: share a house. It blows.

Argh, need to eat, and prep for doctor visit. Feh. Take care!!!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Dead Shark in a box for lunch. Ya know I don't wanna complain all the time but the minute I went outside the Sun went and hid behind some grey clouds ;)

Ok, I want to know how you fit a dead shark in a lunchbox!!!! :gulp:

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Very nice! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    "CAPTAIN Minamitsu Murasa, if you please."
    That girl is a ghost who drowned at sea, and specializes in sinking ships. Not sure what the tentacles are there for, but whatever :D

I'm pretty sure there's a law that requires at least one tentacle to be involved in a ship sinking. %-P

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh boy, I so want to live where they do. Dead Shark sounds so good right now, I would have to travel into town then all the way across town to get anything other than battered whiting or cod in a box.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

mornin. gray outside. humidity on the up.

i don't feel like getting up today. making coffee. heat some waffles. and laze in bed all day.

edited December 1969

Brianna's Temple is in the fastgrab. and Brianna. she's one of my favorite sword Vickies

edited December 1969

where'd everbody go?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Right here.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Oh boy, I so want to live where they do. Dead Shark sounds so good right now, I would have to travel into town then all the way across town to get anything other than battered whiting or cod in a box.

There's a shady spot on a sunny beach right here for you :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Dead Shark in a box for lunch. Ya know I don't wanna complain all the time but the minute I went outside the Sun went and hid behind some grey clouds ;)

Ok, I want to know how you fit a dead shark in a lunchbox!!!! :gulp:

You have to fry it first :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Right here.

Falling asleep....nearly midnight here :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:
    Right here.

hi yoos :)

i've read my favorite forums.

what to do next?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:
    Right here.

hi yoos :)

i've read my favorite forums.

what to do next?

Moar renders of Dregon The Wyvern? Maybe of him eating some unfortunate human-person?

edited December 1969

where'd everbody go?

The doctor. 1-1/2 hour bus ride, 30 minute wait, 10 minutes with the doc, an hour waiting for lab work to e done.

Now at work for all of 3 hours. :down: Friday will be a short dy as I have to hit the bank for medical supply money. Feh.

Oh well, could be worse! And I'm still trying to figure out how you fit a dead shark in a lunchbox...

This discussion has been closed.