Inspirational Animated Movies and Videos

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

well, if I were the director I would highlight only topics where carrara shines while other softwares suffer: animation - both characters and complex sceneries and all the linked implications -  and the 3 flavors of rendering - biased, unbiased and NPR

That too... but it would also be great to show all manner of anything really good. I'll start a thread. 

I think the key will actually to be really, really picky and choosy about what to include, so that it showcases the absolute best of what you can do with Carrara. That might mean people submitting stuff which won't make the cut, so I see compiling it as quite a difficult job.  I think the danger will be to try to include loads of stuff from loads of people and ending up with something which is possibly too long and dilutes the quality. Everything that is included should have a "wow" factor.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    PhilW said:

well, if I were the director I would highlight only topics where carrara shines while other softwares suffer: animation - both characters and complex sceneries and all the linked implications -  and the 3 flavors of rendering - biased, unbiased and NPR

That too... but it would also be great to show all manner of anything really good. I'll start a thread. 

I think the key will actually to be really, really picky and choosy about what to include, so that it showcases the absolute best of what you can do with Carrara. That might mean people submitting stuff which won't make the cut, so I see compiling it as quite a difficult job.  I think the danger will be to try to include loads of stuff from loads of people and ending up with something which is possibly too long and dilutes the quality. Everything that is included should have a "wow" factor.

agreed, as said before the reel should show contents hard to achieve out of there at the best possible quality

very inspiring for sci-fi lovers

lot of work in post and great epic music too yes

• Something different, lol smiley

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited March 2017

Another one for today:

Cheers smiley

Post edited by FifthElement on

Some of these FX breakdowns appear to show stages of the 3D construction rather than effects added in post - all very clever though.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    PhilW said:

Some of these FX breakdowns appear to show stages of the 3D construction rather than effects added in post - all very clever though.

Right. When they do that, they're showing us that those elements were 3d effects rather than something on the original plate that was shot. Plate being whatever the original footage looked like. In the film industry, all 3d elements are considered effects. So when they made Star Wars - The Clone Wars series, they considered the entire show to be effects, which is how George envisioned the idea from the start - use CG effects to create a whole series on the Clone Wars... which evolved into something very cool and all using visual effects for (digital) film techniques. 

Something different, lol smiley

...to put it mildly? LOL - wow!

edited March 2017

if I understand correctly, what impress me is less use of matte painting and works in post compared to the past, and huge work within maya and Renderman even for color correction and such; impressive power show-off

Post edited by magaremoto on

at least! So cool!!!

• This is beyond words, simply amazing, Luc Besson is at it again smiley

edited April 2017

...but was it done in Carrara?!! (Love that Beatles track by the way!)

Post edited by PhilW on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Looks really interesting. I was thinking the other week that I ought to watch The Fifth Element again (a comment after seeing the live action Ghost in the Shell likened it more to 5th Element than Blade Runner), but I was surprised to discover I don't have it, and it seems to be out of print. Maybe with this movie, they'll do a re-release.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited April 2017

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is showing animations from the National Film Board of Canada festival tonight starting at 8pm eastern time US. 

TCM schedule.JPG
    1097 x 965 - 176K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited April 2017

Off Topic, sort of.  Check out the sax solo.

Post edited by Diomede on

Looks really interesting. I was thinking the other week that I ought to watch The Fifth Element again (a comment after seeing the live action Ghost in the Shell likened it more to 5th Element than Blade Runner), but I was surprised to discover I don't have it, and it seems to be out of print. Maybe with this movie, they'll do a re-release.

I can still be bought - so buy it, you must! Not long ago (in this thread) I was reminded of it and pulled it from my shelf of favorite movies and watched it and all of the special features over again... a true gem!

Get your Multi-pass Here!

This is beyond words, simply amazing, Luc Besson is at it again smiley

Yes! I've shown that one, not long ago! It has inspired me to make a new "Inspirations" playlist on my YouTube channel: 

Inspirations through Movie Trailers

It has some good ones in there, but Valerian is still my favorite! Can't wait to see, and then own, this movie!!! 

Fifth Element was also based on a popular comic. I cannot wait to see what Luc does with this one, and I hope he just keeps doing this stuff!

Diomede said:

Off Topic, sort of.  Check out the sax solo.

Kewl!!! ;) yes

Diomede said:

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is showing animations from the National Film Board of Canada festival tonight starting at 8pm eastern time US. 

Was it cool? Did you watch some of them? Bummer that I missed this. 1973 Three Musketeers? Wow! I loved that when I was a kid!

if I understand correctly, what impress me is less use of matte painting and works in post compared to the past, and huge work within maya and Renderman even for color correction and such; impressive power show-off

I've seen (only images via computer) some really amazing matte paintings made for movies. Amazing how they did those things so highly detailed and huge! I have a deep respect for those painters and the craftsmen whom used their work.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I can still be bought - so buy it, you must! Not long ago (in this thread) I was reminded of it and pulled it from my shelf of favorite movies and watched it and all of the special features over again... a true gem!

Get your Multi-pass Here!

It's 20 years old this year, so I'm hoping it's going to get a new special edition . . .

I wouldn't be me if I didn't add these ;)

Final season of Rebels :(

In that Rebels clip, I think that Hera's monologue poem in the beginning speaks volumes about the crew whom makes this incredible series - their dedication to art, theater, storytelling and entertainment. They did that with Clone Wars, now with Rebels, and they're finishing Rebels to start something new (as well as being sure to get an 'ending' during an already approved season, unlike what happened to Clone Wars)

I really love this crew of artists!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

cant find a picture to do it justice,  the night lighting in witcher 3 is like uber stunningly gorgeous.

novingrad at night.  the weeds, trees, and water in the swampy areas.
    the lighting changes at dawn and at dusk. is amazing.

Playing the game, or are you just watching the in-game made movies? 

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited April 2017

I've never seen any Star Wars episode and I never will, I guess. There is too much stuff about war all around.

Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited April 2017

i'm playing witcher3 on xbox1s.  
    and i watch blood and wine play-thrus from gopher.
    xtalis another player i like to watch, he shows the alternatives to answering choices. and he doesn't talk over the action.

kinda crazy on an xbox, can only set 1 sign at a time. i need both yrden and quen to fight noonwraiths. and i accidentally drink swallow, when i wanted water. 
     the 1 s came with a wireless controller, no usb cable.  
    every time i turn the controller on, xbox wants to update the controller and tells me to connect it with a usb cable >.<

i bought extra the charging station, thaz a stand for 2 controllers, even though it's hooked up to the xbox usb, xbox isn't recognizing it as usb connected.

playing witcher2 on pc, but i can't defeat the 4 knights near the top of the tower. frustrating cuz it took couple dozen tries to get passed the dragon flames.  (Foltest: "stop admiring it Merrygold and doo something")  i'm a lefty on the mouse, makes the keyboard keys awkward.  tried switching to right hand mouse, but it's harder after 30 years of left mouse handed.

xbox game came with a geralt small poster like 16 inches.  framed it. geralt looking after me when i'm sleeping.  better than a dreamcatcher. well, mebbe, not taking down my dreamcatchers to test.  i've had dreamcatcers since i was 12 and saw the first Jaws movie when the head came floating out. Intervention!!

Post edited by Mistara on
    Vyusur said:

I've never seen any Star Wars episode and I never will, I guess. There is too much stuff about war all around.

i saw the Star Wars up to the Liam Neeson and Jaja binx.  

Saw the 1st of the new Star Treks with Zachary Quinto, sequel to that looked so depressing, didn't want to see it.

I dooo want to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  coming out next week i think.  baby groot!