Inspirational Animated Movies and Videos

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Danse Macabre

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

I also really love the ending credits roll song from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Song of the Lonely Mountain, performed by Neil Finn

...and here redone by Peter Hollens... Most entertaining!

edited February 2017
    Vyusur said:

A little bit of romance..

Wow! I love this!!! 

What language is that? Do you understand it? Musically it's fantastic!!!

Edit:

I really like the Danse Macabre too!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Of course I understand it. Russian is my native language. This song is about vampire's love to human female.

Some favorites from Sucker Punch - very cool movie... very sad :(

Sweet Dreams - Emily Browning - original by Eurythmics

Love is the Drug - Oscar Isaac - original by Roxy Music (LOve this version!!!)

White Rabbit - Emiliana Torrini - original by Jefferson Airplane

Search and Destroy performed by Skunk Anansie - original by Iggy Pop, I think

Army of Me - by Björk 

Tomorrow Never Knows - Carla Azar - original by John Lennon

There are more... as I said... these are my faves ;)

Vyusur said:

Of course I understand it. Russian is my native language. This song is about vampire's love to human female.

I didn't know. Very cool! I was fortunate to have helped a couple of young Russian work/exchange students get their rock band set up with instruments. I miss those guys. They came to America for a summer to work. I was their foreman. We had a great time. They asked where they could fine good deals on musical instruments... I set them up good! They went home with new guitars, amplifiers, microphones, lights, and cases for all of it... was a blast! The drummer already had drums, so they didn't get any of that.

It was cool... they needed something for their potatoes, but didn't know what we called it here. After describing it to me in great detail, I told them: "Sour Cream", then I drew an actual-size image of the little containers it's sold in here, compared to the large dishes they described bringing to their vendor - where they got it for free in Russia.

They taught me how to say "seven times measure, one time cut" in Russian, but I cannot spell it! LOL ...and when I say "Russ" (closest I can think of spelling "time" in Russian, using English letters) I say it wrong... but they say my Russian accent is excellent! ;)

I guess that was the last year of that program at the time. Some sort of politics put it to an end, unfortunately.

Unfortunately...

• One bright dot smiley

• One more ... Enjoy smiley

Bravo!

Bravo!

Fantastic! Wonderful inspiration!

• Little different video this time:

Enjoy smiley

Cool. Inspirational as always, FifthElement! Thanks! ;)

• WsCGWsCG Posts: 391

Cool thread! Lost of great stuff here!

Haven't seen this movie posted here, yet, but it's a movie that came out some years back now. It's called 'Kaena'. 

It was originally intended to be a game, but the creators eventually decided to just make it a feature-length animated film instead. It's done (I believe) primarily in 3DSMAX. 

I could imagine some of the top talent in the Carrara community working together on something like this. Very good movie.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    Steve K said:
    mindsong said:

The 2017 Oscar nominees for short animation are being screened currently, my wife and I are off to see them tomorrow at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH).  Trailers here:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/01/2017-oscar-predictions-best-animated-short-1201770620/

edited February 2017
    Mitovo said:

I could imagine some of the top talent in the Carrara community working together on something like this. Very good movie.

Some folks tried that once. It turned out kinda... um... how does one put this?

► The Carrara Community Movie Project
    This is a consolidation of CMP links

A lot of great things came from it. A lot of inspiration things and, I think it was around this time when Double-O Seven created the truly spectacular

I love taking a stroll into Carrarators when I have time and catch a Carrara movie in the theater. Great fun! There's a lot of excellence in that site!

Steve K said:
    Steve K said:
    mindsong said:

The 2017 Oscar nominees for short animation are being screened currently, my wife and I are off to see them tomorrow at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH).  Trailers here:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/01/2017-oscar-predictions-best-animated-short-1201770620/

I hope you win!!! ;)

For those unfamiliar with Steve K's work, you should definitely check out his channel and watch some (all) of his shorts - all (I think?) made using Carrara.

Mitovo said:

Cool thread! Lost of great stuff here!

Haven't seen this movie posted here, yet, but it's a movie that came out some years back now. It's called 'Kaena'. 

It was originally intended to be a game, but the creators eventually decided to just make it a feature-length animated film instead. It's done (I believe) primarily in 3DSMAX. 

Cool! I'll have to check that out when I can take in a feature length flick! ;)

Mitovo said:

I still love this Carrara 8 Pro Promo Reel

I also still love my old flick I made by stitching together the best (then) of my junk test render animations

• eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172

One to watch

The original animation

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Cool trailer, I'll have to watch out for that one!

I didn't know it came from a 1995 animated film. Cool. That second clip is blocked in US, or at least in my area due to Starz Media LLC copyright

I'll have to see if I can find it.

Yes. I'm pumped to see this one, the Ghost in the Shell. It certainly makes use of eveything I've been studying lately about special and visual effects uses. 

I'm also very excited that I'm going to now start doing my own practice runs and tests with vfx and doing my special effects (in camera effects) in Carrara ;)

My singer/sound studio engineer has just shown me some of the new high-end digital cutting edge gear he's investing in. Very cool! His studio is doing Very well and he was able to barter some studio time for some major computer upgrading... which is very cool! One of the bands he's recording asked if he could restore some of those ancient, wooden cabinet radios and convert them into guitar amplifiers - he's also an amazing paint/reconditioner. He accepted. The bass amp is done and is just gorgeous!

Ooops... babbling!

It's out this year Phil. If you've watched the animations it'll be good to see how close the live film is to the original.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    Steve K said:
    Steve K said:
    mindsong said:

I hope you win!!! ;)

Many thanks for the plugs, Dartanback, and in fact we did win, by seeing some great work.  We just got back from the Oscar nominees screenings, a very good bunch.  I'm guessing Pixar wins with "Piper", just because it is typical Pixar quality (meaning stunning).  There were a couple of extra animated shorts that are not nominees but apparently deserved "honorable mention" (and they needed to fill up the show I'm guessing).  One I really liked is "Once Upon A Line", trailer below.  Its the kind of abstract 2D clever thing I could never do. Although I did win some 2D animation software (Motion Artist, Moho, Clip Studio Paint Pro) in the Renderosity Holiday contest, so maybe ...

P.S. We also saw the Oscar nominated live action shorts, also a very good bunch, trailers below.  I particularly liked "Sing" and "Timecode".

http://www.filmjerk.com/news/2017/02/17/2017-oscar-nominated-live-action-short-films/

Steve K said:
    Steve K said:
    Steve K said:
    mindsong said:

I hope you win!!! ;)

Although I did win some 2D animation software (Motion Artist, Moho, Clip Studio Paint Pro) in the Renderosity Holiday contest, so maybe ...

What a great score! Congratulations on the win regardless of the prizes... just winning is often the best thing... but darn, these are some tasty prizes!

A friend of mine used to dabble in Anime studio (now Moho, I think?), or was it Manga Studio he was into? Hmmm... either way, I never got to see any of his work, nor have I ever tried the software... but it's one of those things (along with the other two as well) that I'm always tempted to try if I ever have spare time ;)

Steve K said:
    Steve K said:
    Steve K said:
    mindsong said:

I hope you win!!! ;)

P.S. We also saw the Oscar nominated live action shorts, also a very good bunch, trailers below.  I particularly liked "Sing" and "Timecode".

http://www.filmjerk.com/news/2017/02/17/2017-oscar-nominated-live-action-short-films/

Cool! I'll definitely check that out tonight, along with the main trailer you've posted! Thanks!!!

Yeah... Piper rocks!!! 

edited February 2017

Fun animated Short made in Messiah Studio:

850 Meters

https://vimeo.com/thuristar/850meterseng

After it's festivl tours, the film locked in a TV show based upon it, made by the same author! Check it out!

http://thuristar.com/portfolio/850-meters/

Nice Dartanbeck,

love the twist at the end of 850 meters.

• Here is more good stuff:

Cheers smiley

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    Steve K said:
    Steve K said:
    Steve K said:
    mindsong said:

I hope you win!!! ;)

Although I did win some 2D animation software (Motion Artist, Moho, Clip Studio Paint Pro) in the Renderosity Holiday contest, so maybe ...

What a great score! Congratulations on the win regardless of the prizes... just winning is often the best thing... but darn, these are some tasty prizes!

A friend of mine used to dabble in Anime studio (now Moho, I think?), or was it Manga Studio he was into? Hmmm... either way, I never got to see any of his work, nor have I ever tried the software... but it's one of those things (along with the other two as well) that I'm always tempted to try if I ever have spare time ;)

Steve K said:
    Steve K said:
    Steve K said:
    mindsong said:

I hope you win!!! ;)

Cool! I'll definitely check that out tonight, along with the main trailer you've posted! Thanks!!!

Yeah... Piper rocks!!! 

Manga studio is now known as Clip studio and is for more than just Manga

Have you ever tried it?

I was tempted to try it, but I have this problem that I'm really happy with Carrara for all of my needs in this whole thing - so as tempting as these other things are, after some thought I realize that I might never touch it. However, that sort of thing being what it is seems different , for some reason. I keep imagining myself making shows for putting on screens in my animations and many other uses for animated images aside from what I do in Carrara. Would be fun.