Inspirational Animated Movies and Videos

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Amazed that people have never seen any Star Wars movie. And yes, looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - the first was terrific fun!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Mistara said:

I dooo want to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  coming out next week i think.  baby groot!

Saw that tonight. All I'll say is, "I am Groot!" yes

Oh, and stay right to the end - there are so many extra scenes in the credits, right up to the film coming off the spool!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    PhilW said:

Amazed that people have never seen any Star Wars movie...

Yup, me too. But to each their own. It's a wonderful Space Fantasy for Twelve year-olds, made at a time when nearly all movies were dark, down-beat, and dreadful. Heroes were bad guys doing bad things. Chaos and mayhem and destruction was the norm. Then came Star Wars, a screen full of fantasy fun!

Now comes Rogue One, A Star Wars Story. Now that one got me. The most emotional Star Wars yet. I've been watching it nearly every night since I got the Bluray/DVD/Digital Download version! LOL

PhilW said:

...And yes, looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - the first was terrific fun!

Well let's see a trailer, shall we?

Awesome! I own the first (bought it before ever even seeing it) and will certainly see this one ASAP!!!

For those whom might want the rest of that awesome song...

Vyusur said:

I've never seen any Star Wars episode and I never will, I guess. There is too much stuff about war all around.

I can understand completely. It almost feels surreal to me how evil humankind have been to each other throughout history... and it never seems to end. 

I was 11 when I saw the first one, so I was introduced to how 'fantastical' these movies are, right from the start. There's certainly a lot worse stuff out there to watch, that's for sure!

What kind of stuff do you like to watch?

Mistara said:
    Vyusur said:

I've never seen any Star Wars episode and I never will, I guess. There is too much stuff about war all around.

i saw the Star Wars up to the Liam Neeson and Jaja binx.  

I Love that one! LOL - probably the most criticized episode of them all, but I just love it!

My favorite Star Wars of all time is the animated Clone Wars series. Oh... that's right. You all already know that, don't you? Sorry. Rogue One is awesome - but I like them all!

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569

Meanwhile in Blender land, beautifully done animation ...

Agent 327: Operation Barbershop

Enjoy smiley

Fantastic! Bravo!!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Great stuff.  The music and voice talent are amazing also.

Enjoy smiley

Yes, very profesionally done!

Very impressive - and an illustration of the sort of thing that any Carrara show reel will be compared to!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Excellent, I have not been giving Blender enough credit.  The quality reminds me of a favorite short animation, "Mr. Hublot".   That's high praise since it won the Academy Award for best short animation.

Steve K said:

Excellent, I have not been giving Blender enough credit.  

Yes, we must always try to remember that, it's Not the Software, but whom might be Using it!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

That's brilliant!

Fantastic!

edited May 2017

I sort of OT - My Brother just made this with his new drone during our pot luck picnic on Mother's Day. This is where I grew up from the summer following second grade until I graduated High School. 

Watch Video Here 

My Dad designed the house to purposefully mimic the look of a barn. No paint, the entire exterior is all Cedar, and has weathered very well over the years. I did a lot of camping when I was growing up. Solitude was a good friend of mine, especially since it most often was visited by numerous birds, chipmunks, and other friendly little critters. Animals still seem to feel a sense of ease in my presence, which I will always treasure and never betray.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

I sort of OT - My Brother just made this with his new drone during our pot luck picnic on Mother's Day. This is where I grew up from the summer following second grade until I graduated High School. 

Watch Video Here 

My Dad designed the house to purposefully mimic the look of a barn. No paint, the entire exterior is all Cedar, and has weathered very well over the years. I did a lot of camping when I was growing up. Solitude was a good friend of mine, especially since it most often was visited by numerous birds, chipmunks, and other friendly little critters. Animals still seem to feel a sense of ease in my presence, which I will always treasure and never betray.

wow! - and I bet it's incredibly beautiful in the winter! I love your forest!

--ms

mindsong said:

Watch Video Here 

wow! - and I bet it's incredibly beautiful in the winter! I love your forest!

--ms

It is! There's several natural springs in the forest that sometimes reveal themselves in winter, bubbling a pool of fresh water into the snow. I loved putting my face in and sipping from it!

I know this is a bit off the beaten path for this thread, but I've just found out about this band, and now they're stuck in my head (even though I cannot understand a word they sing! LOL)

Thanks to modern phones being what they are, I am able to rock these folks all day at work (outside)

Very cool!   And great to see you in the forum. smiley   Might this band be inspiring?  As in a muse?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/182101/carrara-challenge-34-sing-to-me-muse-wip-thread/p1

Diomede said:

Very cool!   And great to see you in the forum. smiley   Might this band be inspiring?  As in a muse?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/182101/carrara-challenge-34-sing-to-me-muse-wip-thread/p1

Very!

Dart - great to see you back around, you have been missed!

I'm almost done with my huge job of the year, so I'm hoping to come back really soon. I even bought some new content to play with when I get back! :)

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Thanks for coming back... and for waking me up with Percival Shuttenbach... was getting bit drowsy til then.  Very good song!

wgdjohn said:

Thanks for coming back... and for waking me up with Percival Shuttenbach... was getting bit drowsy til then.  Very good song!

LOL! Yeah, I wake my singer up with that every morning! It 'inspires' me to persist in lugging stones around all damn day! LOL

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

I stumbled across "Snowpiercer" (2013) at the local library, having never heard of the international "action, drama, sci-fi" flick (7.0 @ IMDB).  In a nutshell, the world has frozen over, killing everybody except some people on a really long high speed train going ... apparently around the world repeatedly, and for many years.  (I dunno ...) The heroic low class folks in the back decide to go after the nasty upper class folks at the front, friction ensues.  Mostly live action, but some impressive CGI for the external shots of the frozen world, frozen (moving) train, frozen people, etc.  If icy cold dystopian imagery is your goal, take a look.  I couldn't find a collection of just the CGI, but there's quite a bit more than these two clips:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

smiley

1926 claymation

Search for

CGI Animated Goute d'Or Short Film by Happy Flyfish
    on CGMeetup   Feb 9 2016

Well worth it.  Integration of the music is fantastic.

Diomede said:

Search for

CGI Animated Goute d'Or Short Film by Happy Flyfish
    on CGMeetup   Feb 9 2016

Well worth it.  Integration of the music is fantastic.

Oh, Bravo!!! Fantastic! Thanks for that!

Here's a link: CGI Animated Goute d'Or Short Film by Happy Flyfish