The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  Arghhh... my DAZ installation on my new DAZing machine is majorly confused.  After years decades of manually adding models to my library and several re-loads at different file positions and moves between various computers, I have created a spaghetti monster.  I used to have the whole thing working with judicious insertion of symbolic links (Band-Aids, bailing wire and chewing gum) but that mechanism seems to have gotten lost in the latest move.sad  Half of my library of completed scenes load properly and the others scream bloody murder about not being able to find stuff.  So I "fixed" it again and now some scenes are fixed and a new set of scenes are broken.  Arghhh...crying  I'm going to have to bite the bullet and retire some of the scenes, then completely wipe my library and reinstall my most frequently used models.  The retired scenes, if required, could be brought out of mothballs and reconstructed (painfully) by resolving broken links if absolutely necessary. (*sigh*)indecision

Non-complaint:  Sometimes a new broom sweeps clean.indecision

Question:  Isn't there a better way of doing this?  When a scene has a broken link why can't we just say "go find it please" and it runs off to brute force search the drives and find a workable link (or several and let me choose which one to use), and then automatically remember where the root of the link was and incorporate that in to a list of "last resort places to find things"?

If Daz Studio knows what you have, through having gone on line, it should be able to spot and offer to install missing Daz products from your order history.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Lotrnxo lsms, a renegade, prowls ths badlands, an outlaw hunting outlaws.  San Diego is the badlands?

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    edited March 2021

I don't want to get out of bed today. There's nothing to watch. I need new pajamas but every time I go to the store they don't have anything I like in my size. Took the car to get an oil change yesterday and it cost a lot more than I expected/budgeted for. Covid exists.

At least it's warming up here. It's supposedly 59° outside. That's only 5° warmer than my house!

Post edited by Sera on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,904

Mystiarra said:

Lotrnxo lsms, a renegade, prowls ths badlands, an outlaw hunting outlaws.  San Diego is the badlands?

Preparing for your move to Wales?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,456
    edited March 2021

Speaking of Wales... Did you know that the aorta of a Blue whale is big enough for a SCUBA diver to swim through? surprise

Although I'm sure a living Blue whale would react badly to a man sized, rubber coated, metal lugging, hose dragging clot swimming through its aorta expelling gas into the blood.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

The Good: Got my butt out of bed and made it to the store. I was able to find 1/2 of a set of pajamas in my size with soft fabric and in a print I like, so I just ordered the complete set from the online app. It won't be here for over a week, but at least there's something in the works. 

The Bad: 1. I haven't been able to find a Razzle-Berry energy drink for love or money these last few months. Now Melon-Mania is missing too. Currently sipping on a something-lychee. Not sure I like it. 2. There have been more unexpected expenses, so that means a lot less money for March Madness. Times like this make budgeting feel futile. 3. Some lovely citizen threw their empty fast food bag into the road (probably after breathing all over it too), where I drove over it while on my way home. It got stuck under my car and now I have to fish it out with a broom or something. I'll do that later. 

The Scary: I got invited to a small get-together this weekend. I really like one of the couples that will be there, and they live far away so I haven't seen them in 3, maybe 4 years. But the last time I went to a small get-together, I got so sick I had to get tested for Covid-19 (it was NOT pleasant!) and spent a week in bed. So, yeah, I'm going to go. But I'm terrified too. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited March 2021

Corky The Mouse update...

The weather has been improving and soon Corky will be relocated to a nature preserve nearby... but since it's going to be at least another week and who knows what kind of weather may come about, so I figured instead of the sad little knock off Pop Tart box she has been living in (inside of a 5 gallon fish tank) ...(not filled with water)... I decided to make something a little bit more weather resistant... also less garbage-like which predators could easily tear open.

The Pop Tart box idea was so she'd make herself a nest in there (which she did) and when we dropped her off, we could just leave behind the box under some leaves and she'd have a convenient temporary nest...

But then I was thinking about weather and what if she was too cozy and didn't go off to find a safer nest and a flimsy cardboard knockoff Pop Tart box really is too low rent for a nature preserve with a mansion in it (Wereholme Manor)...(its actually on a moor/marsh, which gets foggy... it's a very werewolfie kind of place, especially with that name)... anyway... so I decided to build her a wooden mouse house, so if she stayed, she would be safe and could raise her mouse babies in there and in comfort...

So I started making this simple little box...

Which devolved into this not all that simple little box...

Then I was like, "What if there is a hurricane or what if the other mice build fancy houses..." I don't want it to be too simple and I didn't want Corky feeling ashamed of her stupid wooden box... So that all turned in to this...

The chimney is probably overkill... I was going to put a plain porch on it for her to sip mint juleps on, but then I remembered this is Long Island not Louisiana and since Long Island ice teas are better sipped indoors while watching tv, I opted for an enclosed porch instead... but it's more of a foyer than a true porch...

This is why I take forever to finish any models I start making... it starts off as an shed and ends up as Mall of America... the walls are an inch thick and it's glued and nailed together for maximum strength... this mouse can make some powerful enemies and she'll be safe inside her bunker...

Seriously... unless a fox has a hand grenade, she'll be fine... I dropped that thing on the shop floor and it just thudded like a block of firewood.

The stupid thing is it didn't fit in the tank, because in my head, I was thinking of 10 gallon tank dimensions... that's actually why I cut off the porch and added the foyer... it's detachable, so I'll screw it on when we drop her off...

I'm feeling like the inside needs some artwork or a little TV... it definitely needs a mailbox out front...

Well, I'll add those later...

Post edited by McGyver on

McGyver said:

The weather has been improving and soon Corky will be relocated to a nature preserve nearby... but since it's going to be at least another week and who knows what kind of weather may come about, so I figured instead of the sad little knock off Pop Tart box she has been living in (inside of a 5 gallon fish tank) ...(not filled with water)... I decided to make something a little bit more weather resistant... also less garbage-like which predators could easily tear open.

The Pop Tart box idea was so she'd make herself a nest in there (which she did) and when we dropped her off, we could just leave behind the box under some leaves and she'd have a convenient temporary nest...

But then I was thinking about weather and what if she was too cozy and didn't go off to find a safer nest and a flimsy cardboard knockoff Pop Tart box really is too low rent for a nature preserve with a mansion in it (Wereholme Manor)...(its actually on a moor/marsh, which gets foggy... it's a very werewolfie kind of place, especially with that name)... anyway... so I decided to build her a wooden mouse house, so if she stayed, she would be safe and could raise her mouse babies in there and in comfort...

Then I was like, "What if there is a hurricane or what if the other mice build fancy houses..." I don't want it to be too simple and I didn't want Corky feeling ashamed of her stupid wooden box... So that all turned in to this...

The chimney is probably overkill... I was going to put a plain porch on it for her to sip mint juleps on, but then I remembered this is Long Island not Louisiana and since Long Island ice teas are better sipped indoors while watching tv, I opted for an enclosed porch instead... but it's more of a foyer than a true porch...

This is why I take forever to finish any models I start making... it starts off as an shed and ends up as Mall of America... the walls are an inch thick and it's glued and nailed together for maximum strength... this mouse can make some powerful enemies and she'll be safe inside her bunker...

Seriously... unless a fox has a hand grenade, she'll be fine... I dropped that thing on the shop floor and it just thudded like a block of firewood.

The stupid thing is it didn't fit in the tank, because in my head, I was thinking of 10 gallon tank dimensions... that's actually why I cut off the porch and added the foyer... it's detachable, so I'll screw it on when we drop her off...

I'm feeling like the inside needs some artwork or a little TV... it definitely needs a mailbox out front...

I love you for this. I worry so much about all the wild animals, and the domestic animals too for that matter. More people need to be making houses for mice. 

It looks very nice!

Gordig said:

Mystiarra said:

i was just thinking, if wales or new south wales won't let me in, i'd think about Sioux Falls.  its 57F rhwew rosY.  only 33 in Huntington.  is warmer in South Dakota.

was thinking about how nice one of those kiva fireplaces would be.

i never been to the dakotas.    drawing a blank trying to remember the capital of North Dakota.  would ask siri, but she across the room and she not responding. 

certaintree38 said:

McGyver said:

I love you for this. I worry so much about all the wild animals, and the domestic animals too for that matter. More people need to be making houses for mice. 

It looks very nice!

nice condo. 

cryingcryingcrying I bought a long cardigan to wear on Saturday so that I don't look so shabby (just found out that my old cardigan has holes in it. This happens so often that I must have invisible moths). But it's too small! I've gained so much weight during the pandemic, and I didn't need the reminder. So now I have to take it back for a larger one. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

LeatherGryphon said:

TJohn said:

Most of my favorite internet friends are in here.

I'm confused..., you mean there's an "outside"?surprise 

..yes actually spent some time yesterday out in it. Odd, there was this big bright shiny thing in the sky instead of water falling on everything from a leaden grey sky and it was so warm I didn't need to wear my 25# leather jacket. and bundle up like Ralphie in A Christmas Story against the cold and damp.

Today back to staying in again as soggy weather is just on the other side of the West Hills heading this way 

edited March 2021

McGyver said:

...that is great.   

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited March 2021

Mystiarra said:

Gordig said:

Mystiarra said:

i was just thinking, if wales or new south wales won't let me in, i'd think about Sioux Falls.  its 57F rhwew rosY.  only 33 in Huntington.  is warmer in South Dakota.

was thinking about how nice one of those kiva fireplaces would be.

i never been to the dakotas.    drawing a blank trying to remember the capital of North Dakota.  would ask siri, but she across the room and she not responding. 

...I originally lived in that region and if you don't like cold, windy, snowy, icy winters I wouldn't consider Sioux Falls. It gets below 0 F there like -10 to -20 (actual air temperature, not just wind chill).  They do have a transit system there but no service on weekends.and several routes stop running just after 19:00.

Capital of North Dakota is Bismark.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

My instincts this morning were right.  Getting out of bed today was painful and pointless.

Got the bag out from under my car. It took a while as it was very much smushed against the undercarriage. Got my knuckles bloody from scraping against the asphalt in the process. Got my pants dirty from having to get on my hands and knees. It turned out to be an empty concrete bag. 

Then I went to the store, got the larger cardigan, came back home, and tried it on (can't try it on in the store cause of covid). It actually looks worse than the smaller one, with sleeves that are too long and it somehow has the visual effect of adding pounds. So I'm just not going to wear it. I'll work with what I have and return the cardigan tomorrow. 

The only good thing that happened today was that I ordered my pajamas, but I could have done that from my phone in between naps. 

havent found any legends of dragons in North America.  unless thunderbird was a dragon.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,738

certaintree38 said:

The only good thing that happened today was that I ordered my pajamas, but I could have done that from my phone in between naps. 

One must always start with the phone between naps. 

i'm up to season4 of renegade.  is shocking how simple it is to frame innocent people by planting fake evidence.

Another sleepless night. March Madness is literally dangerous to my health. Hopefully there's a bad flash sale today. There's something about saying saying "no, I don't want to buy that," that sucks the mania right out of me so that I can nap.

Why does my husband set an alarm for 5:45 am if he is just going to sleep through it for two hours? This is why I have to sleep with earplugs.
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,456

certaintree38 said:

Why does my husband set an alarm for 5:45 am if he is just going to sleep through it for two hours? This is why I have to sleep with earplugs.

Suggestion:  Turn off the alarm when you go to bed so you can sleep.  Then at the time he should get up, whisper in his ear "There's a massive sale on graphics cards" for the next 10 minutes.devil

LeatherGryphon said:

certaintree38 said:

Suggestion:  Turn off the alarm when you go to bed so you can sleep.  Then at the time he should get up, whisper in his ear "There's a massive sale on graphics cards" for the next 10 minutes.devil

LOL!

The Snooze you Loose Complaint Thread
    The Snoozle Bamboozle Complaint Thread
    The My Medical Bills giving Cardiac Arrest Complaint Thread

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

certaintree38 said:

Probably for the same reason my wife has the bedroom clock set to "more or less" a 1/2 hour ahead of time... plus the alarm is an hour ahead of the time she wakes up... the "more or less" is a floating nonspecific "gotta keep it random" time that keeps one guessing as to what time zone or epoch one is currently residing in. 
    Thusly all the clocks except for the cable box clock are a lie... but since I don't trust the cable either, I just rely on my portable sun dial which is rather useless indoors.

But who cares, time as currently defined by humanity is just a construct of the human limitations of their narrowly conceived perception of a three dimensional universe.

Technically, I could use a Jvnoovinorinikrinknoopbrivian Bringkrinkle Box to accurately keep track of time, but Bringkrinkle Boxes are only made by the Bringkrinkle corporation, and if you think Apple is bad with overpriced snooty, hoity-toity devices, walled gardens and proprietary cables that keep becoming obsolete, just read Bringkrinkle's EULA which gives them the right to borrow all your internal organs if they see fit and if you cease living because of that, they get to keep them... Mainky I hate them because everything they make is in a weird avocado color that doesn't go with anything in my house... I suppose it looks good if you are a Jvnoovinorinikrinknoopbrivian who can see in different wavelengths, but all their stuff just looks like giant hamster alfalfa pellet poops to me... and also there is the organ snatching thing, but mainly the gross green color thing.

But mostly it's irrelevant because in general I wake up at least a half hour before the stupid alarm goes off anyway.

If the alarm really bothers you, buy one of those portable air horns they use at sporting events and keep it under your pillow, when the alarm goes off, blast the air horn... Really hold it down... don't let up, maybe even drain the whole can...  I find air horns good for curing numerous sleep related issues and delivering variable levels of auditory justice.

Pro tip- When you are planning to do this you may want to a waterproof mattress protector under sheets the night before.

crying bill for last year's eylia injections.  cataract surgery. 2 ER visists. 1 ambulance trip.
    worthless insurance.
    med bills over 15 grand.
    and nothing cured.  still too blind to read my books.  bp pills are bullshit don't cure nothing

dunno why, today the day to freak out 

what is the avg medical debt for families in america?

Mystiarra said:

crying bill for last year's eylia injections.  cataract surgery. 2 ER visists. 1 ambulance trip.
    worthless insurance.
    med bills over 15 grand.
    and nothing cured.  still too blind to read my books.  bp pills are bullshit don't cure nothing

dunno why, today the day to freak out 

what is the avg medical debt for families in america?

I think I have 1-2k worth of hospital debt right now, and I have no intention of paying it off. It wasn't my choice to go to the hospital and I was under duress when I incurred the debt. Once I got a bill for 99k (after a 6 week hospital stay), but that was before my insurance paid its portion. At that point I felt bad for the sucker that got stuck holding the bill- it was either going to be the hospital or the insurance company. Since then they have been asking for a lot less, but like I said, I was under duress, so even if they sued me, they would lose. That doesn't stop them from putting it on my credit, but my credit is crap anyway, and in seven years it will drop off on its own, assuming I don't make any payments. The whole "ever time you make a payment, you restart the clock on the statute of limitations" thing is a powerful motivator to NOT pay. 

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

About 15 years ago, pops was in the hospital for a week. The doctor said the only time he never seen someone alive with such a low blood count. He thought he just had a bad case of the flu. He got a few transfusions, a bajillion tests, they never figure out where it all went. Maybe a vampire was feeding? Anyway, the damage was aroud 40k. 

edited March 2021

really?  resets?  i been sending the 5 a month, but to every bill it adds up to a lot monthly. 

Post edited by Mistara on

never did get my birthday cake.  today the day to doordash a carvel ice cream cake angeldevil

Mystiarra said:

never did get my birthday cake.  today the day to doordash a carvel ice cream cake angeldevil

I was wondering about your cake! Sending you hugs and healing vibes. 

This discussion has been closed.