Post your DAZ to Unreal renders

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

More Vikings, one with attitudedevil

Can't leave comments sad your video with the Crannog made me buy it!  Should have an affiliate link.  Also your Lapis Tomb vid alerted me that it was on sale too.  I was disappointed you didn't use Desert Caravan by Aaron Kenny as the audio track (which is on the Youtube library and my fav Egypty music)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited February 2021

sorry I had a few really hostile comments on a few uploads last week so been disabling comments on videos now and retro doing some.blush

a lot of those rendered in Twinmotion, I don't think that really counts as Unreal though

(at least in this forum)

but it is made using UE4 and owned by Epic Games wink

I have been exporting Marketplace freebies to it and sometimes using Megascans in it though as that is allowed by Epic as they own it yes

and it has a Datasmith plugin 

it would be like claiming Flowscape is Unity cheeky

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • pwalters58pwalters58 Posts: 72
    edited February 2021

I am just starting to learn Unreal. Lots of problems with using 4.25 and trying to migrate the file to 4.26 - the materials are included, but not applied. The model is all gray.  I have now followed the instructions to get the plugin to work with 4.26 and will try again.  

Post edited by pwalters58 on
    edited February 2021

Supermarket

is 4.16 (thanks Ruphus 4.26 typo) blush but not Using DAZtoUnreal I am not having much luck with that

Do have two DAZ Genesis 3 females in this though via iClone 3DX6

(others 3Dscan people and two Paragon characters)

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

i think you are in 4.26

now make a checklist and do some shopping

if you managed the list you get a "YOU WIN !" popping up

• Not an Unreal render but that Supermarket set in DAZ studio

https://www.facebook.com/wendy5/posts/10222964215567875

•  

Teaser Video for this month animation with UE4 - DAZ - MAYA : http://www.artofgiantess.com/video/tinyapp-v11-update-giantess-animation-teaser.mp4

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,197

@Jo really nice work, rendered beautifully and of course you didn't have to wait long for the render. Great!

• moo

• edited February 2021

Hello all!

Two of five corpses for my upcoming horror (and first ever) game.  Genesis 2 characters, clothes made in Blender, materials made in Unreal.  The player has an objective to find all five bodies which the killer posed around the building.  I know the game shots look dark, but the player has a torch/flashlight.

I'll be adding hair next.

I'm learning Daz, Blender, Unreal and Gimp as I go and I have to say: it is challenging but great fun.  The level and all models are built, "just" animation and game logic remains. which is going well.

I've included a shot of the building from the end with some wall pieces removed to give an idea of the game itself.  The building length is 4x the end shown.

I hope to have the player model and two other characters animated in the very near future.

officegirl.png
    1547 x 715 - 2M
    buildingend.png
    841 x 733 - 1M
    loogirl.png
    1314 x 562 - 1M
    Post edited by jasondove_45ed8b3de0 on
  •  

Abandoned work in progress

Ripped animation from MMD and cleaned up and retarget to Genesis 3

•  

Impressive stuff! Did you use the cloth physics in Unreal? What approach did you take with the hair?
  • jasondove_45ed8b3de0 said:

frankiev888_28b3c399af said:

Impressive stuff! Did you use the cloth physics in Unreal? What approach did you take with the hair?

Yes I used Unreal cloth. Same for the hair

• Thanks. I'm learning as I go, and this is one of the final stages.
    edited February 2021

Autofited Luthbel's Shogun to Genesis 3 as it just falls apart importing on 8 ( and conformed props)

but my 3 Skeleton pose still seems corrupt inspite of redownloading ( I believe I accidently saved over it early on)  so have some difficulty hence footsliding

its hip is not at the floor and I cannot figure out how to fix that.

The Sexy Paragon Countess Shogun just likes Posing because she can!

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Autofited Luthbel's Shogun to Genesis 3 as it just falls apart importing on 8 ( and conformed props)

but my 3 Skeleton pose still seems corrupt inspite of redownloading ( I believe I accidently saved over it early on)  so have some difficulty hence footsliding

wow really awesome this female armor is the shogun male armor fited???, to female??? how you make this awesome armor???, then since you have bought the armor for male, it's is really heavy poly count, i was thinking in buy the armor in a future promo when i'm more free on my credit card, really awesome work. 

• Ellessarr said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

wow really awesome this female armor is the shogun male armor fited???, to female??? how you make this awesome armor???, then since you have bought the armor for male, it's is really heavy poly count, i was thinking in buy the armor in a future promo when i'm more free on my credit card, really awesome work. 

no the other character is the DAZ one

The video thumb is the Paragon character in her own shogun skin, all the options Youtube gave me were sadly 

• but that gave me an idea

maybe I should autofit it to G8Fenlightened

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Ellessarr said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

no the other character is the DAZ one

The video thumb is the Paragon character in her own shogun skin, all the options Youtube gave me were sadly 

hmmm lol interesting, anyway since you have the outfit for the male you can show the poly count of it, if not asking too much?

still good video, just to check you are getting all the free stuffs in unreal each month right?, not loosing any stuff?

• Total Vertices : 
    3,796,580 / 664,202
    Total Triangles : 
    0 / 3,974
    Total Quads : 
    3,675,024 / 602,097
    Total Faces : 
    3,675,024 / 606,071
    Total Lines : 
    0 / 0

lowest resolution after using scene optimiser to set it all

Total Vertices : 
    664,202 / 664,202
    Total Triangles : 
    3,974 / 3,974
    Total Quads : 
    602,097 / 602,097
    Total Faces : 
    606,071 / 606,071
    Total Lines : 
    0 / 0

Capture.JPG
    1419 x 857 - 163K

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Total Vertices : 
    3,796,580 / 664,202
    Total Triangles : 
    0 / 3,974
    Total Quads : 
    3,675,024 / 602,097
    Total Faces : 
    3,675,024 / 606,071
    Total Lines : 
    0 / 0

lowest resolution after using scene optimiser to set it all

Total Vertices : 
    664,202 / 664,202
    Total Triangles : 
    3,974 / 3,974
    Total Quads : 
    602,097 / 602,097
    Total Faces : 
    606,071 / 606,071
    Total Lines : 
    0 / 0

hmm thanks, it's really a high poly outfit, 660k vertices, lol it's really interesting see which unreal can handle it so good, it's really evolving and when the unrea 5 comes which a even better support for high poly stuffs, it's gonna be even better but the problem gonna still being the "pcs" unless everyone have the "nasa" pcs, most of those stuff gonna be still "off limits". 

• it's not easy to send over either as lots of parented and rigid groups

hence my autofitting 

I weighpainted the autofitted props too including the katana to his hand after moving it there as a figure conversion using the bone converting back to prop then autofitting 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it's not easy to send over either as lots of parented and rigid groups

hence my autofitting 

I weighpainted the autofitted props too including the katana to his hand after moving it there as a figure conversion using the bone converting back to prop then autofitting 

yeah that rigid stuff annoyins me a lot too, many good outfits have it and it's a nightmare make then work(when you can) or i just remove it and in some cases it's ending destroying the outfit in the sense which the are the majority of the details then remove then make the outfit look ugly. 

don't think I shared an Ansel capture yet

they go up to 8K and can be 360 spherical and HDR too

this one not that big but still SuperHD

mse Super-Resolution 2021.01.25 - 22.10.19.92.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
  • InuGamesInuGames Posts: 65
    edited March 2021

ScreenShot00008.png
    1141 x 866 - 1M
    Post edited by InuGames on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

InuGames said:

This looks great! You made a MetaHuman out of a Daz figure?

• InuGamesInuGames Posts: 65
    edited March 2021

Leonides02 said:

InuGames said:

Thanks! Yes, sorta :) We were looking at MH materials and said: and what if we try to reproduce that with daz? So the mesh and textures are from daz (default genesis 8.1) and ss profile, micro normals as well as the hair fom MH demo. Eyes are from daz, just very slightly modified (elongated, moved uvs and removed unused parts - ue eye is just one mesh) and eye materrial is from ue4.

The only thing I miss so far is the eye "occluder" mesh, daz don't use those

Post edited by InuGames on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

InuGames said:

Leonides02 said:

InuGames said:

Thanks! Yes, sorta :) We were looking at MH materials and said: and what if we try to reproduce that with daz? So the mesh and textures are from daz (default genesis 8.1) and ss profile, micro normals as well as the hair fom MH demo. Eyes are from daz, just very slightly modified (elongated, moved uvs and removed unused parts - ue eye is just one mesh) and eye materrial is from ue4.

The only thing I miss so far is the eye "occluder" mesh, daz don't use those

Would you be able to post a tutorial? This looks really fantastic as a real-time render!