Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Thanks Andrew.

Here's a test animation of a campfire I'm working on for the Dells scene.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL0eMWDq6No

Note that the animated fire isn't actually in the Dells scene in this video. It's just a placeholder set to make it easier to set up.

campfire106.png
    720 x 480 - 303K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I love that fire scene, ep!
    Here's a quick composite - RM's Delphina, but using my own shaders instead of Dimension Theory's.
    I really like this "Heartbeat Hair", too.

V4_ET1_RM-Delphi1A.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 117K
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited March 2015

OK here's my rebuilt file for the last book-cover. It's still a working file. The last book in the series thank goodness. She needs to rewrite the jacket back piece, it's jibberish at the moment.

I still have lots to do especially with the fur work on his cloak fringe. It's not behaving as well as in the previous build (which I lost to a nasty little boat which has been replaced by an octopus). I did save the cloak with hair to my browser, but as mentioned, sometimes haired things so save well. In this case it just does not want to load. I think the hair count it too high. I wonder if reducing the hair count before saving to browser would help. Then increase it once introduced into a new scene?

Sorry PhilW, I wanted to use your freebie octopus but i didn't have time to rig it so this is the DAZ one. But I am not happy with it yet, either. I do love your Carrara Seas, though. :) They go great with magaremoto's Polar Lands.

Evil, your fire gets used over and over in my stuff...it's so easy to work with. I have even used it as smouldering smoke by changing the sliders. :)

Thanks to Julien from Inagoni and the forum members who helped me. You made this so much easier to deal with and learn from.

xx :-) Silene

Thorn-Tale-Working-File-3.png
    1000 x 706 - 3M
    Post edited by SileneUK on
  • MarkBremmerMarkBremmer Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

Love the integration on these: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/776418/

edited December 1969

I agree. Very well done!

BTW, I know it's older, but I still love your spider walk tutorial. Thanks for making it available!

edited December 1969

Wow!
    Yeah, it's a bummer I've been missing out on so many pages in here. Certainly going to have to take a browse one of these days!
    Mark, you've done a beautiful job with those!

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Some silliness.

Bender and Angleyne (pronounced angle-een).
    From the Futurama "Bendless Love" episode.

Im_not_lookin.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 95K
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

It's quiet... Too quiet. :)

whered_everybody_go.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 101K
  • DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

de3an said:
    It's quiet... Too quiet. :)

Hey Bender! Looking all shiny today!

• DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

This is a work in progress, but hitting diminishing returns (and I'm going blind on this image :) ) so might as well get some comments.

This is my first attempt to render a Daz figure into a photo with real people, in other words, try to match skin tones, shadows and lighting to look as believable as possible. Not so easy.

I didn't do any hand painting because my goal was to create a stereoscopic image (separate L/R pair) so all compositing is based on selection masks obtained through the rendered Index channel. These can be mimic'd exactly in the other image. This is the L one.

For those who want a "play"... my Photoshop PSD is available here. Have fun, and ...
    Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

http://1drv.ms/19F1BEO

- Don

16all_L1920.jpg
    1920 x 1084 - 486K
    edited December 1969

That's awesome work! I'm pretty sure her bike will beat yours though. Just sayin'...
    Will you have to sleep on the couch if she rides on the back of your bike?

edited December 1969

Haha... I see my chosen outfit is having it's intended effect. Thanks Mark!

- Don

edited December 1969

Very nice job, Don! Awesome! Love it! ;)

edited December 1969

This is a work in progress, but hitting diminishing returns (and I'm going blind on this image :) ) so might as well get some comments.

This is my first attempt to render a Daz figure into a photo with real people, in other words, try to match skin tones, shadows and lighting to look as believable as possible. Not so easy.

I didn't do any hand painting because my goal was to create a stereoscopic image (separate L/R pair) so all compositing is based on selection masks obtained through the rendered Index channel. These can be mimic'd exactly in the other image. This is the L one.

For those who want a "play"... my Photoshop PSD is available here. Have fun, and ...

http://1drv.ms/19F1BEO

- Don

Very nice job!

I would say the composite on the girl is pretty damned close. If you need to work on anything, I would say the bike needs it the most. Particularly the chrome and windshield.

edited March 2015

- Don

Since it's Friday and you offered some files to play with, I did. Evilproducer was spot-on with the reflection comments. Since you work in photoshop, I made a couple of tweaks along regarding specular highlights and reflections. It's fall-down easy to do. (I used to re-touch cars for Toyota campaigns) It's not a tight retouch but you'll get the idea.

The amended PS file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw8givfzf1526f3/16all_L1920_mb.psd.zip?dl=0

Thanks for the excuse to play!

16all_L1920.jpg
    1920 x 1084 - 577K
    Post edited by MarkBremmer on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Dart, Evil and Mark. Glad to see the interest. Also agree with Evil's comments. Last time I went riding with a Suzuki like that though it was covered in dust and dirt... , which haha may have colored my artistic viewpoint . Anyway, real happy to get fresh eyes looking at the thing. I was going blind twiddling... a lot of the changes started becoming subliminal.

- Don

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Just a quickie. Carrara render with a little post-work in Photoshop.

sunset_framed.jpg
    1000 x 504 - 57K
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Ships in bottles and a submarine.

I'm not happy with the water shader or the composition, and it was rendered on low settings for time (still a 2hour render). Produced to a deadline, so it is what it is.

ShipInBottle2.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 601K
  • DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:

I'm not happy with the water shader or the composition, and it was rendered on low settings for time (still a 2hour render). Produced to a deadline, so it is what it is.

I like it nonetheless!

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 1969

Little experiment with Carrara hair, lol, post work in Fusion, modeled in Silo 2 ...

Fluffs.png
    1280 x 550 - 556K
  • stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Here is another fave movie monster from the past....any clue?

FinalTroll50.png
    1000 x 1334 - 2M
    edited March 2015

Is it Jack Nicholson? ;-)

Seriously though, I actually have no idea. Is it a British monster?

Looks great by the way.

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Little experiment with Carrara hair, lol, post work in Fusion, modeled in Silo 2 ...

Really cute!

I really like how well you do black and white images.

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:

That looks really nice. Now, all you have to do is make a tempest in a teapot for the series to be complete. ;-)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

you got me this time :long:

edited December 1969

Stu, does that feather use Carrara hair?

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I totally recognize it but have no clue where it's from. Not Labyrinth or Dark Crystal... eh, it will probably come to me in my sleep, or when I'm not thinking about it, but it's teasing my memory.

edited December 1969

Maybe one of those '80s critter-type movies?

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited March 2015

Is that from Cat's Eye? I would never have remembered that but Jonstark mentioning Labyrinth and Dark Crystal got me thinking about the right time period I think. :)

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

OMG that's it MDO! Cat's Eye! Has to be :) It's the horrible little creature that the cat guards against :)

This discussion has been closed.