Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited May 2015

kakman said:
    A menu background for a Blu-Ray disc of our Christmas 2014 trip to Salt Lake City.

Great idea Kakman! What's the meaning of the salt shaker?

Err I just read the place ...... Forget I asked ;)

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited December 1969

Finally got a chance to work on this. Here's the final on my "virtual vacation" photo - Byodo In temple, Hawaii. I had to prepare an Art-Look version as well to help explain to my relatives what the heck I'm doing. See... I added that picture of me into this 3D model then tweaked the appearance :)

- Don

Nice work Don, almost looks real :)

• kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

Great idea Kakman!

Thanks.
  • kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Finally got a chance to work on this. Here's the final on my "virtual vacation" photo - Byodo In temple, Hawaii. I had to prepare an Art-Look version as well to help explain to my relatives what the heck I'm doing. See... I added that picture of me into this 3D model then tweaked the appearance :)

- Don

+1

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

- Don

Nice work Don.

As to explaining how you do stuff in Carrara or even an image editor (beyond removing red-eye), I think many of us here are in the same boat. I particularly like when the eyes begin to glaze over. I consider it my own personal challenge to try and reproduce that look in Carrara at some point. ;-)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

- Don

I like it - that's the nearest I get to going away on holiday too!

• CoolBreezeCoolBreeze Posts: 207
    edited May 2015

"Good Morning!"

I think the title says it all don't you? ;)
    (Or feel free to finish the line)

Imagine yourself in the distant future, waking up in your apartment suite, shich is no bigger than a shoe box or cubicle (ie: Corban Dallas / Bruce Willis in the 5th Element). Slide in compact fridge/kitchen/shower units. The metropolitan cityscape is miles high as miles wide. Maybe your a blue collar worker / net coder, or whatever ecking out your living in a rather bleak and dystopian world. Your one and possibly only thing that keeps you going, is the lovely cyber companion yoou wake up to every morning. Her warm smile and greetings as she makes you a hot mug of caffe. Never mind how you attained her in the first place, or is it the other way around?

Been working on this render on and off for a few months as time allows. Been trying to get the lighting right, where the morning light comes in through the window of her small apartment room. Just took adjusting and tweaking the lighting and test rendering until I got it to where I think it looks good.

And yeah, this is Genesis2 - Aiko6, A6 Battle Girl character set, and Tryst Lingerie for G2, and the hiar that lists as NJAPony G2. Various props and accessories, including the awesome Apartment 2260 by 3-D-C.

No postwork save for signature added.

Good_Morning.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 195K
    Post edited by CoolBreeze on
  • DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

Thanks head wax, kakman, EP and Tim_A. I’m sorta new working with scene-sets like this (when I was doing Cinema4D you pretty much had to make everything yourself… and I guess I didn’t have much imagination :)). Anyway, I was really struck by the beauty of these models and Carrara lighting to the point I wanted to “visit these places”, haha.

The bright backlighting was problematic, shadows too dark made things dingy, too light and it looked fake. I settled... It fooled my relatives ... Cha-ching!!

Learned a lot... and that Art Look piece, hmmm… I think I'm liking that better than my final now. Funny how these things work out.

I particularly like when the eyes begin to glaze over. I consider it my own personal challenge to try and reproduce that look in Carrara at some point. ;-)

Good laughs EP! HAHAHA!

- Don

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

- Don

ditto that..

very nice :-)

edited December 1969

Cali's Appartment

"Hi there again. Didn't to keep you waiting. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's been a little while, for me at least. Anyways, my name is Cali, for those who don't know me. And this, this is my little appartment.

Its nothing much, but it is home, if anything a place where I can recharge my batteries in peace. It might as well be a garage or a museum, yeah, I still keep a few things from my earlier life. Some have asked why do I even bother? But thats just it, they're mine, still mine. Little momentos that I guess remind me of who I used to be and what I used to be like... Even that big mainframe in the corner, kinda pointless when I can jack in wirelessly at will. But yet, I still find myself sitting down at it, plunking away at the keys sometimes. Maybe its just that - being able to access but yet in a disconnected kind of way, y'know?"

Calis_Appartment.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 209K
    edited December 1969

Mohandai said:
    Cali's Appartment

"Hi there again. Didn't to keep you waiting. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's been a little while, for me at least. Anyways, my name is Cali, for those who don't know me. And this, this is my little appartment.

Its nothing much, but it is home, if anything a place where I can recharge my batteries in peace. It might as well be a garage or a museum, yeah, I still keep a few things from my earlier life. Some have asked why do I even bother? But thats just it, they're mine, still mine. Little momentos that I guess remind me of who I used to be and what I used to be like... Even that big mainframe in the corner, kinda pointless when I can jack in wirelessly at will. But yet, I still find myself sitting down at it, plunking away at the keys sometimes. Maybe its just that - being able to access but yet in a disconnected kind of way, y'know?"

wonderful image, this one has plenty going on and has just the right amount of creepiness! there is an old artist presented in our national gallery who does creepy dolls set up in a sexual manner - amputees and stuff - this is reminiscent - in a good way

edited December 1969

Lousy pic, but here is a screen grab of the opening the other night.
    I'm the good looking bloke speaking

cropped1.jpg
    2000 x 1254 - 602K
    edited May 2015

head wax said:
    Mohandai said:
    Cali's Appartment

wonderful image, this one has plenty going on and has just the right amount of creepiness! there is an old artist presented in our national gallery who does creepy dolls set up in a sexual manner - amputees and stuff - this is reminiscent - in a good way

Thanks :) Dunno how I stumbled onto this particular theme with her, but i find is kinda fun to do once in a while, tell (speaking in her perspective) another little piece of a larger story, mankind trading in their bodies for money and cybernetics... Or possibly still trying to hold onto whatever remnants of humanity that made them human. DZFire's Cyborg 4.0 built on the V4 skeleton works well in this case with minor manual morphs needed for the clothing. Carrara's insistance of not wanting the hydraulic bones in the body to auto-follow is a PIA, but ahh well, she's still a fun character to continue.

Heheh, kewl.

edited May 2015

"Task Force Robo - Star Maidens"

In a distant future, Task Force Robo is Japan's elite extra-vehicular special weapons and tactics unit. T.F.R was designed to deal with extroardinary circumstances above and beyond the normal Police and Military operations. Originaly begun as a top secret government pilot project for advanced weapons development and testing; TFR has since been mobilized into action defending the mainland and it's surrounding Pacific islands from an increasing number of threats. Nothing is to big for TFR to handle, from creatures from the deep to robots gone rogue and more.

Star Maiden Squad:
    The Star Maidens are one of several specialized units within Task Force Robo. The unit consists primarily of female aerial trained soldiers wearing powered armor. The squad consists an equal mix of human and cybernetic A.I's. Maiden Okichi is one such A.I unit, partner to Lt. Seka-san.

In this scene, Star Maidens Lt. Seka-san Takudo and her cybernetic subordinate Maiden Okichi pose for a photo.

---------------------------

Ok, this is a little project I've been tinkering with on and off for a while now as inspiration happens. This scene uses exclusively Generation 3's Aiko and Hiro characters. Save for the 2 centerpiece armor sets and a couple buildings, almost everything else is focused around using Shukky / Sasuke's most awesome freebies. I may do more in this series, a little of each unit / squad. Used Carrara's Rose gold pink on B-Co's Star Maiden armor, a simple white shader I made for her white color, and then made my own shader for A3's orangy Star Maiden armor... I really like how that orange came out... Interestingly, before the Orange shader i made, I was just using the Red Aluminum Carrara metal shader, which just didn't look good...

Shukky Items used:
    B-Co
    AutoGyro
    EM_AC
    EM_MF
    LunaFighter
    LunaFighter Piilot
    EM_ET
    EM_EAA
    EM_TFA
    F22

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Tank_Force_Robo_-_Star_Maidens.jpg
    1680 x 1260 - 265K
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

I didn't see any good looking bloke speaking. Are you sure you uploaded the correct picture? ;-P

• Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 839
    edited December 1969

Just a quick visit to say thanks for all the impressive images that have been posted and discussions that are inspiring even if only being followed from the side lines.

Great to see your traditional art, Headwax and (late) thanks for your comment on my last post.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

another try without using IBL, a little more contrast in post

qa.jpg
    1450 x 2000 - 197K
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited May 2015

Magaremoto,
    I'm once again extremely impressed by the realism of your characters, it is like a photo !
    How are you doing ?

Post edited by DUDU on
    edited May 2015

thanks Dudu,
    well mostly depends on good baked maps of course and a very emissive dome - in my case an hemispheric cloud dome simulating actual atmosphere; all the rest is due to a lighting rig taking into account light from below, from the sky and from L and R horizon.
    2 more examples with the same rig, no sun

Doc3.jpg
    1200 x 1655 - 112K
    Doc2.jpg
    1450 x 2000 - 231K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 1969

Some good renders so far guys ...

Here is my latest :)

PerfectDay.jpg
    1920 x 850 - 409K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

OMG that looks like a photo, . . . well except for the big planet sized moon :lol:
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

OMG that looks like a photo, . . . well except for the big planet sized moon :lol:

Agree 100%, superb work 5thElement

edited May 2015

Thanks ya all ;-)

Planet sized moon (separate Carrara render where I used Earth cloud map) was inspired by wonderful big short wonder of the movie called "Another Earth" ...

All post work done in Fusion.

Sky and bird flock are a heavily retouched photos i got at Mourgefile (great source of free photos).

Kite rope was added in post, cuz Carrara AA was not rendering it correctly. Tree from Ipad app "TreeSketch", little girl is a quick export from MakeHuman. Cottage (modeled in Silo 2.0) and grass (lots of replicated objects) are mine. Bicycle is a low poly model I got somewhere ...

Thanks for the feedback again guys, means a lot :)

BTW, here is fully textured model of the Cottage in Carrara format (safe link to my GoogleDrive):

Download Cottage Here

No restrictions of any kind for use of this or any other models I have there :lol:

Here is a render of it:

Cottage.jpg
    1037 x 445 - 173K
    Post edited by FifthElement on
  • JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Magaremoto,
    I'm once again extremely impressed by the realism of your characters, it is like a photo !
    How are you doing ?

I believe that magremoto's character is one of many free 3D scans you can download.

90% of the reason for the "realism" in this case is the fact that the model and textures were generated by a very complicated and expensive process whereby a human head is scanned in great detail, down to the pores on the skin. With a model that is generated with that detail, and with such accurate textures, you could probably light it with a single Carrara spotlight and it would still look awesome. Which isn't to detract from magremoto's render, but rather to put in context the underlying causes for apparent realism in some renders. Often the renderer is irrelevant, and the model and textures are what really generates the "realism".

I don't recall where this particular model is available, but I think the same website has this and a few more models for free download. Perhaps magremoto will let us know which website this came from so others can play with such a cool technology. BTW, this technology is used quite often in feature films, and has been around for many years. I think I posted a video from "Maleficent" not long ago which shows the process that is used to generate totally realistic looking human characters.

edited December 1969

I don't recall where this particular model is available, but I think the same website has this and a few more models for free download.

Ten 24 store has few of the available ...

Here is the link to this particular model:

LINK

:)

edited May 2015

I mentioned Ten24's website so many times in my posts... :)
    Joemamma is right about realism of many scan heads, nevertheless if you don't have a good lighting and a good shaders editor to be used you can hardly get a result in carrara detailed as seen in many top notch renderers (biased and unbiased). In many ways carrara can be more useful than others even for photorealistic outcomes, this is my target and fun :-)

Post edited by magaremoto on
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Cottage (modeled in Silo 2.0) and grass (lots of replicated objects) are mine.

BTW, here is fully textured model of the Cottage in Carrara format (safe link to my GoogleDrive):

Download Cottage Here

No restrictions of any kind for use of this or any other models I have there :lol:

Very nice model!
    You put a lot of work into the details, even on the interior. The window casings are excellent!
    Thanks for making it available.

edited December 1969

Thanks ya all ;-)

Planet sized moon (separate Carrara render where I used Earth cloud map) was inspired by wonderful big short wonder of the movie called "Another Earth" ...

All post work done in Fusion.

Sky and bird flock are a heavily retouched photos i got at Mourgefile (great source of free photos).

Kite rope was added in post, cuz Carrara AA was not rendering it correctly. Tree from Ipad app "TreeSketch", little girl is a quick export from MakeHuman. Cottage (modeled in Silo 2.0) and grass (lots of replicated objects) are mine. Bicycle is a low poly model I got somewhere ...

Thanks for the feedback again guys, means a lot :)

Download Cottage Here

Here is a render of it:

Thank you very much!

edited May 2015

Thank you very much!

No problem, there is more 3d models made by me on my GoogleDrive (link in my sig) but so far all of them are not textured, there is few Carrara scenes as well ...

Lot more to come there including some of my Fusion comp files :)

Anyways, here is a preview render of the low poly city "generator" Carrara scene I been slowly working on for a last couple of weeks:

City.jpg
    1680 x 790 - 476K
    Post edited by FifthElement on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,346
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much!

No problem, there is more 3d models made by me on my GoogleDrive (link in my sig) but so far all of them are not textured, there is few Carrara scenes as well ...

Lot more to come there including some of my Fusion comp files :)

Anyways, here is a preview render of the low poly city "generator" Carrara scene I been slowly working on for a last couple of weeks:

Very nice work shown on your Carrara Reel, awesome to see some of your renders that you have done in animated form.
    Hope you keep up the great work !!!!!!!

Also many thanks for your freebies, much appreciated.

Regards, Bunyip

This discussion has been closed.