Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited May 2015

this is the Iray version, less "dinamic" due to my lack of experience with it;
    Tim_A, the carrara one is the second and you can recognize an unbiased engine for 2 features: darker shadows in presence of diffuse environment lighting and reflection enhancements; both are hard to tune up imo

EDIT: Iray in its magnificience; looks almost perfect imo

33.jpg
    2000 x 1167 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited May 2015

@ Tim A and Head Wax
    Thank you!
    I agree with the earrings metal shader in the first one (I like very much) but i have some problem for the bump map of the fabric texture...

Lovely flowers Tim!

Post edited by pimpy on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Have you tried just desaturating the main texture? it won't be a perfect bump map, but that's as much as a lot of people ever do, and it's definitely better than having no bump at all. Don't forget that the overall strength of the bump applied is controlled at the top level of the shader, and not in the bump panel itself.

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    Have you tried just desaturating the main texture? it won't be a perfect bump map, but that's as much as a lot of people ever do, and it's definitely better than having no bump at all. Don't forget that the overall strength of the bump applied is controlled at the top level of the shader, and not in the bump panel itself.

Thanks for the advice Tim!
    but the use of Luxus is a bit different from what I normally do in Carrara texure room (increase + or - of the value bump ...)

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 1969

Modeling more plants, cant stop, lol ...

Everything modeled in Silo2 and post work done in Fusion.

Dandelion "fluffs" are Carrara's hair system :cheese:

Meadow.jpg
    1728 x 837 - 391K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Much better grass than I have ever done. Nice mix of flora. The dandelions look like they're supposed to big giant ones with a head the size of tennis ball, or am I misinterpreting the scale? Whichever the case, it is a very cool way to use Carrara's hair.

edited December 1969

Much better grass than I have ever done. Nice mix of flora. The dandelions look like they're supposed to big giant ones with a head the size of tennis ball, or am I misinterpreting the scale? Whichever the case, it is a very cool way to use Carrara's hair.

Well, they are genetic breed between dandelion and salsify :lol:

edited December 1969

WOW! Beautiful render, I like it

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
    edited December 1969

Yeah, very nice. The hair system is still a mystery to me. One of these days I'll take the time to learn more. Great idea for its use.

edited December 1969

Thanks guys, there is few models from this scene available for free for ya all to use for whatever you feel like.

Model of wheat plant (no leafs), dandelion (poly version, dunno how good it is to render though, did not use it yet, lol, in the middle of modeling I changed course and decided to use hair), few grass patches and, of course, bunch of other more or less useful stuff can be downloaded from my GoogleDrive (link is in my signature).

Cheers :)

SiloDandelion.jpg
    1555 x 875 - 326K
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys, there is few models from this scene available for free for ya all to use for whatever you feel like.

Model of wheat plant (no leafs), dandelion (poly version, dunno how good it is to render though, did not use it yet, lol, in the middle of modeling I changed course and decided to use hair), few grass patches and, of course, bunch of other more or less useful stuff can be downloaded from my GoogleDrive (link is in my signature).

Thanks for these 5thElement! I have to admit I am very curious to see what "HadronA.zip" is! :)

edited December 1969

Thank you 5thElement !
    I love the dandelion but the Darkinterior ...wow ... fantastic scene !
    P.S. I'm working on a new scene and I think that will insert your rustic cottage ...

edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:

Thanks for these 5thElement! I have to admit I am very curious to see what "HadronA.zip" is! :)

Little something I modeled with TopMod and Silo2 combined, here is render I did with it (in Vue, but Carrara could do the same) ...

There is a Fusion Composition file included in "Fusion Comps" folder on my GoogleDrive where I use depth pass from the renderer to create DOF effect.

HadronA.jpg
    1215 x 660 - 182K
    edited December 1969

After not being able to complete a render for nearly a week, I finally got one out! :-)

of course, now I notice the bump is missing fro the ground, and the grass has lost its smoothing ... but hey, it's so rare my renders reach the bottom of the window!!!

CA_West_Track.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:

Little something I modeled with TopMod and Silo2 combined, here is render I did with it (in Vue, but Carrara could do the same) ...

There is a Fusion Composition file included in "Fusion Comps" folder on my GoogleDrive where I use depth pass from the renderer to create DOF effect.

Very cool!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    After not being able to complete a render for nearly a week, I finally got one out! :-)

of course, now I notice the bump is missing fro the ground, and the grass has lost its smoothing ... but hey, it's so rare my renders reach the bottom of the window!!!

Man oh man Tim, that looks amazing. You're definitely in Howie territory nowadays, inspiring stuff, and makes me think I need to start learning/honing how to do landscapes.

• DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited June 2015

Tim_A said:
    I finally got one out! :-)

Man that's impressive. Reminds me of traipsing around in the woods when I was a kid, especially the path leading into the darker regions. Invokes a long forgotten feeling... Congrats

- Don

Post edited by Dondec on
  • DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:

It's been epic seeing how you've been progressing with these scenes. Is this a Carrara native render or Octane? Whichever it is, it looks quite nice.

edited June 2015

Tim_A said:

It's been epic seeing how you've been progressing with these scenes. Is this a Carrara native render or Octane? Whichever it is, it looks quite nice.

It's pure Carrara I'm using an HDRI from the store (that I picked up in the sale) for the sky - http://www.daz3d.com/skies-of-reality-volume-one plus one distant light, and GI set to "Sky light". Render time was about 4 hours on my i5.

Here's the track from the other end (obviously that tree needs to get moved before the final renders!) . . .

CA_Track_East.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    Tim_A said:

It's pure Carrara I'm using an HDRI from the store (that I picked up in the sale) for the sky - http://www.daz3d.com/skies-of-reality-volume-one plus one distant light, and GI set to "Sky light". Render time was about 4 hours on my i5.

Here's the track from the other end (obviously that tree needs to get moved before the final renders!) . . .

great work! carrara rocks :-)

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    Tim_A said:

great work! carrara rocks :-)

+1

• DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    Here's the track from the other end.

Love'n it!

- Don

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

love your renders Tim_A

thought I was there for a moment.. awesome :-)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,039
    edited December 1969

+2

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Tim_A , your landscapes are really impressive.

Here is something I started in the Challenge 16, as my second entry, but never manage to get right.
    This is Huldra. A mythical being living in the forest.

I still have to do something with the forest floor. At the moment it looks like she is hovering over the ground.
    But she is firmly grounded.

Huldra01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 704K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,039
    edited December 1969

Might be displacement
    enable in 3D view maybe to set up, just the shader where she is and low preview map settings for assembly room, use flatshaded too

edited December 1969

Looks like your rim light is catching the soles of her feet, which will give the impression of space beneath them. I'd suggest some strategically placed grass props if you can't move the light.

edited December 1969

And I cried out, "Lord, give me a sign!" And it was so.

BTW, there's an odd little render artefact on the right finger board - the thin black smudge that runs across it, and through the bottom line of text. Seems to only happen at certain angles to the camera (the other boards will get it too if I rotate them sufficiently). Anyone experienced something similar, or know how to get rid of it (other than photoshop!)?

CA_Sign.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    Looks like your rim light is catching the soles of her feet, which will give the impression of space beneath them. I'd suggest some strategically placed grass props if you can't move the light.

That`s it. :red:

I am actually using Fake Fresnel from the Shader Ops from Digital Carver. That's what made the appearance of hovering.
    So I reshaped the ground, to be more like moss.
    Now I just have to make the forest floor a bit more messy, with some dry twigs....

The skin for the Huldra is EvilProducers ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/46128/ ) with some colour modifications.

I did also notice that the picture on the forum is nowhere near as good as the one that I am using as my wallpaper. (They are the same)
    I have never seen that before. The only difference I can think off is that I did render it at 150dpi, while I in the past has used the default 72 dpi. ?

edited December 1969

I think the forum must do some downsampling, cos I've noticed a few times that pictures don't look quite so good after uploading.

This discussion has been closed.