Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Try uploading .png to see if that helps. The forum may still compress it, but at least it will start from a higher quality and better color depth.

Varsel, I'm glad you've got some use of the shader. I've been updating it for Genesis 2,but haven't worked out all the kinks yet do to time constraints.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Something I've been working on the last day or so. Just a little bit of curves and saturation adjustment in Photoshop for postwork but otherwise straight render out of Carrara. I'm still tweaking the terrain shaders and need to fix the lanterns I modelled - they are kind of disproportionately large and distracting right now. The grass is from Mike Moir's replicator pack and the trees are from one of Howie Fark's products - not sure which one.

My biggest problem is what to put on that island! I've tried about half the things in my runtime and nothing jumps out as right. Good thing I still have roughly 3,000 Jack Tomalin products to try in that spot - one of them is sure to fit in. :)

WIP_04_SatAdjusted.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 257K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,039
    edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:
    Something I've been working on the last day or so. Just a little bit of curves and saturation adjustment in Photoshop for postwork but otherwise straight render out of Carrara. I'm still tweaking the terrain shaders and need to fix the lanterns I modelled - they are kind of disproportionately large and distracting right now. The grass is from Mike Moir's replicator pack and the trees are from one of Howie Fark's products - not sure which one.

My biggest problem is what to put on that island! I've tried about half the things in my runtime and nothing jumps out as right. Good thing I still have roughly 3,000 Jack Tomalin products to try in that spot - one of them is sure to fit in. :)

a dingy tied up and a guy with a fishing rod?
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

A pair of eyes?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,039
    edited June 2015

damn it is tempting to download your render and try postworking via shadowcatch a few odd things in there

..................................is there a mooning pose for M6?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

damn it is tempting to download your render and try postworking via shadowcatch a few odd things in there?

LOL. Feel free. :)

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

testing sun light and IL; around 11 min with 24 cores in a LAN, 4000x resol. no postwork :-)

1127.jpg
    2000 x 1400 - 499K
  • kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited June 2015

These are a few images from a blu-ray disc of our Easter 2015 trip to Oklahoma City.

First, if you have not been there and you can go – you should.

The Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum is a breathtaking and very emotional experience. It is exceptionally well designed throughout.

The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum and the Centennial Land Run Monument are not to be missed.

The first image is a photograph I took of the gardens of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum with 3 instances of the 3D Universe Toon Rabbit with custom shaders and a variety of Easter props. This is the background for the main menu.

The second image is a photograph I took of the Bricktown murals with the above characters. This is the background for the chapter menu.

The third image is a photograph from the web of the OKC Memorial at night with a customized V4 and M4 with custom shaders for the characters, hair and clothing. This is the final image of the credits portion of the disc.

OKC_Easter_2015_-_Gaze_At_Memorial_Chairs_1920.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 213K
    OKC_Easter_2015_-_Chapter_Menu.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 199K
    OKC_Easter_2015_-_Main_Menu.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 392K
    Post edited by kakman on
  • DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Wizened....

Wizened2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 68K
    edited December 1969

Just revisiting my old hill set to see what needs patching up...
    In the third pic, I've started playing with some new hawthorne trees. These are all "medium low" settings, so they crank out in around 45 mins. :)

West_Track.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 2M
    North_Track.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 2M
    Crossroads.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 2M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    In the third pic, I've started playing with some new hawthorne trees. These are all "medium low" settings, so they crank out in around 45 mins. :)

well done - might do some work on the sky and the flowers in 2

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Tim_A said:

well done - might do some work on the sky and the flowers in 2

Not worried about the sky - it's only a test render, but yes the willowherb model does need beefing up (as well as having much denser clumps. It's the same problem I have with everything in this set - 100000 instances spread over 6 acres isn't very dense, so I end up having to nest replicators!)

Anyhow . . . there was a corner paddock with not much going on, so I thought, what can I fill it with?

This is just a low settings test render. I'll do a decent one overnight. but first I have some more weeds to make...

PoppyPaddock-Lo.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 2M
  • JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Tim_A, your latest outdoor scenes are gorgeous. And the composition is wonderful. Makes me want to take a long walk down that dirt road.

Just be careful with your shadows. Parts of some of your images look like they have "ambient disease", where it's all ambient and no shadows. :) :)

But don't mess up a good thing, either.

They're beautiful, not only because of the visuals but also because of the feeling and excitement they convey. At least to me... :)

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited June 2015

The Huff'n'Puff 5000 personal hover-copter.

(Was intended to be an entry in the "Fly With Me" challenge, but I missed the deadline.)

Click for bigger images.

Whirligig4-1d.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 141K
    HuffnPuff-5000-personal-hover-copter.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 96K
    Post edited by de3an on
    edited December 1969

de3an said:

(Was intended to be an entry in the "Fly With Me" challenge, but I missed the deadline.)

Click for bigger images.

Love it. Gets my award for best use of an exercise bile :) How did you capture the motion blur on the props and gears?

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    de3an said:

Love it. Gets my award for best use of an exercise bike :) How did you capture the motion blur on the props and gears?

Thanks Tim.
    I used Carrara's motion blur render feature.
    Each propeller/gear assembly has a rotation modifier applied @ 10 cycles/sec. The frame rate is 24 FPS. The Motion Blur settings are "Vector Blur", Extra Frames=16. Intensity=98.8%.
    I advanced the timeline one frame, then rendered a still image.
    It took some fiddling around before I found the settings that looked right.

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

This was inspired by a friends FB profile pic....

Final70AR.jpg
    1260 x 945 - 323K
    edited December 1969

Tim_A, your latest outdoor scenes are gorgeous. And the composition is wonderful. Makes me want to take a long walk down that dirt road.

Just be careful with your shadows. Parts of some of your images look like they have "ambient disease", where it's all ambient and no shadows. :) :)

But don't mess up a good thing, either.

They're beautiful, not only because of the visuals but also because of the feeling and excitement they convey. At least to me... :)

Thanks Joe. Here's the overnight version, with HDRI and sky light GI . . .

Poppy_Paddock.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 2M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

quick get the bug spray - cool model

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807
    edited December 1969

Stu,

You have some, um... very attractive friends!

Awesome image as usually. Your stuff is amazing.

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Ta! He was pleased with it, he said it was like looking in a mirror....Though I neglected to say the picture I used was a cartoon he had done of himself! I will post the cartoon on my blog.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

de3an said:

Click for bigger images.

Absolutely love this :)

edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    de3an said:

Absolutely love this :)

Thanks Jon!

• stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited June 2015

Some of my scenes need to have 20 to 30 characters in the background. This is my initial test attempt to accommodate that. This is a 2280 polygon figure that I modified, textured and created movement morphs for (original model). I deleted all of the bones from the original so all movements are morph based (except forward movement). Next step is to have 30 of these moving around the scene to see what happens.

w13.gif
    600 x 418 - 2M
    Post edited by stringtheory9 on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
    edited December 1969

I deleted all of the bones from the original so all movements are morph based (except forward movement). Next step is to have 30 of these moving around the scene to see what happens.

Your figure movement looks a lot better than most of the stuff I have seen. Many are just too rigid. I know it is not easy to animate.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited June 2015

So with my life falling apart and too many problems to even begin to list, I turned to Art for some stress relief.

But The Daz Cow was simply not inspiring anything. Neither did Noggin's Cow, nor Space Cow 2 from Villain, nor PoserWorld's Little Cow, nor Renderosity's Milkshake the Toon Cow, nor any of the other Cows I have in the StampedeTime folder.

Scary.

It made me even more upset, and was feeling like I needed to vent a bit.

So I decided to torture Victoria.

That's what any sane, healthy, person would do - right?

I wondered what would happen if I loaded V4, injected every morph I had, and cranked them all up to maximum at once - regardless of any conflicts! Took a lot longer than I thought it would. Lots of morphs I never even knew I had, but at least now I can say I have used them all.

I'm particularly fond of the head. It speaks to me on a level I have never been spoken to before.

The default Carrara "Elephant Skin" shader seemed the best thing to use on this voluptuous vixen.

Edit - I have no idea why her big toes retreated into her feet, but it just adds to the strangeness and wonder of using every possible morph to it's fullest simultaneously.

v4hed.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    v4all.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Sockratease on
    edited December 1969

I think I remember that guy from Doctor Who . . .

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    I think I remember that guy from Doctor Who . . .

Doctor what?

edited December 1969

Some of my scenes need to have 20 to 30 characters in the background. This is my initial test attempt to accommodate that. This is a 2280 polygon figure that I modified, textured and created movement morphs for (original model). I deleted all of the bones from the original so all movements are morph based (except forward movement). Next step is to have 30 of these moving around the scene to see what happens.

Does not using a rig help with system overhead for a scene like that?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

Lunch time..

can I take your order?

:-)

lunch_order.jpg
    1000 x 586 - 672K
This discussion has been closed.