Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

My Bad .. it's Exposure X .. Alienskin . really nice.

I bought Exposure last year,. just upgraded to the new Exposure X

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

thanks, their snap paint looks good too

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

LoRez Shmo Dreds... This thing looks great! You can really see the LoRez of it in its default load, which is still beautiful if you don't zoom right in on an angle, but give it some SubD smoothing and it looses all of that and just renders beautifully. Horo was kind enough to give away these nice HDRI for the Holidays, I had to try one out - and it, too, is really sweet! Sky Light with full Indirect

I love this model!

This is the bad guy I was talking about in the new version thread about animating various shader effects. Predatron always seems to provide an ample dose of texture variations, so it's fun to take full advantage of that sometimes. In the case of Demonecornuto, he looks really cool swapping colors according to environment and mood ;)

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

yet another head scan by ten24

testing fake diffuse light and skin

Doc3.jpg
    1718 x 2000 - 228K
  • DondecDondec Posts: 243

Finally got a chance to update this one... before and after.  

After spending a long time on the first one, I realized something important:  the woman in the picture (and everybody else who looked at it) didn’t know what they were supposed to be looking at!  .   That… and I hated the fakey looking sky and horizon.

I read somewhere you need a sense of primary and secondary focus in your artwork… which of course I didn’t know about!  (What a concept to “not know”.)   Anyway, in the 2nd one I at least I tried to play into that notion. 

- Don

MED Pool 26 ltt Ground Color COMP enh.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 715K
    MED Pool 36b MoveCAM 1920 enh.jpg
    1920 x 1081 - 841K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

much better

bigh said:

much better

Yeah... and it's a fine render!

Magaremoto, That's getting scary-real! 

So, what do you mean "Fake Diffuse Light"? Does that scan come as a textured model or what?

ah aha DB it may rival with your nice smiley friend in sympathy laugh

as for the lighting I had been using a pale sun, 2 spot lights, and a couple of emitters + the cloud dome; when lights have a low intensity the render in carrara is very fast

as you can  see the map by ten24 doesn't fit well but I wanted to test shininess and reflections on skin

very cool bigh, I would have blurred shadows a bit just like it happens when the sun is low in the sky (well I'm not sure about that in a rarefied desert atmosphere anyway)

edited January 2016

some adjustments to get the skin more "fleshy"

Dondec, I apologize for the mistake

158.jpg
    1099 x 1280 - 165K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
    head wax said:

thanks, their snap paint looks good too

Snap is nice,. good controls especially as a PS plugin,.

test snap3.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 482K
    test snap2.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 463K

Awesome, 3DAGE!

Kinda reminded me of something I got in a bundle back when I bought Project Dogwaffle Howler called Dynamic Auto Painter

First image is the straight render, second is using DAP with Benson as the painting artist. The watermark is there because I haven't used the software until just now, so I'm waiting for my S/N (LOL). So thanks for inspiring me! It's cool watching it work. Reminds me of these new render engines except that, instead of watching pixel emerge from nothing, I see little brush stroke swiping over a canvas! Really neat! :)

BeachdaleSpringPo1.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 1M
    BeachdaleSpringPo1_DAP_Benson.jpg
    2400 x 1344 - 2M
    edited January 2016

magaremoto, amazing looks like a deathh mask,

3dage et Dart, thanks for sharing those, I've been using Corel Painter for a while using render passes from Carrara to isolate parts of the image (object and coverage and sometimes depth pass)

these two packages also have a lot to offer, I've played with them and you can paint in alpha masks to bring up details in areas, I especially like how in Snap the pencil strokes come from eg both 135 and 45 degrees rather than just one way

of course in other programes that just have 'one way' strokes you could flip the image, run the filter and then combine both 135 and 45 degrees strokes in post

also be good if you could use a  render layer from Carrara in the alpha mask channel to isolate different parts of the image in these programmes (Programs)

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited January 2016

Ya gotta just Love Phillip Drawbridge's wonderful Star Ships... I certainly do!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

HeadWax

I'm with you on the crosshatch in snap, the oils and other mediums are nice too, and enough controls to adjust stuff nicely.

Exposure allows importing "overlays" scraches, frames, and age effects for photos" and it's the first to be stand alone from photoshop and doing stuff that's normally done in  PS.

My thinking is that there's a market of PS users who don't like the Creative cloud idea and the accompanying monthly payments,

that leaves the door open for other developers to expand what they do, or did for that product,.  and to create stand alone applications.

I think the inclusion of imported alpha's at some point will happen,.  but the brush option to create masks or process areas of the image does the job,.

I was looking in Exposure for a "batch" command,. ,. Couldn't find one,.   then I realised it's simply "Select all"  files in a sequnce or folder,.  Select your saved preset, and hit Export,. it runs through the whole folder processing and saving the new files.

anyway, here's another  raw and processed

Westy2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 210K
    Westy2-Exp2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 582K

Kewl!

HMS Destroyer is now accompanied by a Deep Space Heavy Cruiser, virtually a large city in space which is heavy into scientific research and development and major manufacturing facilities, while the HMS is basically a highly-trained special ops army in a box. The more civillian and corporate vessel is just behind them, which is often accompanied by the core material and storage barges. Those are new, and by petipet. Going through my Kibarreto collection was a treat to the eyes tonight. It's really amazing how well Jack Tomalin's GIS series models look coupled with these massive drawbridgep star ships. The Terminal makes an incredible light ship dock, and the Skyway also works well as a landing platform. I've actually stuck that set right into that front launch of the HMS Destroyer, while using the Terminal underneath, right between the massive engine shroud armor. A slight nudge of vertices made it fit perfectly! ;) 

Oh Dartan... she's just a Baaaaaby! Awww....

very cool bigh, I would have blurred shadows a bit just like it happens when the sun is low in the sky (well I'm not sure about that in a rarefied desert atmosphere anyway). 

Dondec, I apologize for the mistake

@magaremoto - yeah, one of my former students also pointed that out as well.  Its amazing how you can work the details and miss stuff like that.   Interestingly, when I tried to rerender with Soft Shadowns on my Distant light (set to 50ft shadow radius) it took forever, like 5x longer than hard shadows.  I just hand blurred the edges in a PS layer for the final "final" image - on display over at Rendo

- Don

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    The length of the render could have been the soft shadows interacting with the clouds or water. Light linking can help with that. For example, with the sun, you could enable soft shadows, then use the exclude option to exclude the clouds, then duplicate the sun, and change the little button to only have the duplicate sun light the clouds, and under the effects tab, disable soft shadows for the duplicate.
    3DAGE said:

HeadWax

I'm with you on the crosshatch in snap, the oils and other mediums are nice too, and enough controls to adjust stuff nicely.

Exposure allows importing "overlays" scraches, frames, and age effects for photos" and it's the first to be stand alone from photoshop and doing stuff that's normally done in  PS.

My thinking is that there's a market of PS users who don't like the Creative cloud idea and the accompanying monthly payments,

that leaves the door open for other developers to expand what they do, or did for that product,.  and to create stand alone applications.

I think the inclusion of imported alpha's at some point will happen,.  but the brush option to create masks or process areas of the image does the job,.

I was looking in Exposure for a "batch" command,. ,. Couldn't find one,.   then I realised it's simply "Select all"  files in a sequnce or folder,.  Select your saved preset, and hit Export,. it runs through the whole folder processing and saving the new files.

anyway, here's another  raw and processed

thanks Andy, big difference between the two.

Oh Dartan... she's just a Baaaaaby! Awww....

heh, that's so cute, I am beginning to get worried about you.  Saw Gravity last night. Your other renders reminding me of that. Interesting mmovie.

The length of the render could have been the soft shadows interacting with the clouds or water. Light linking can help with that. For example, with the sun, you could enable soft shadows, then use the exclude option to exclude the clouds, then duplicate the sun, and change the little button to only have the duplicate sun light the clouds, and under the effects tab, disable soft shadows for the duplicate.

THanks EP... while I use the selective lighting feature routinely, it never occurred to me that the clouds could be the issue... their particles so..., sounds right.  Brilliant idea

- Don

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

was sorta happy with this, but he's not leaving foot prints in the snow (doh)

edited January 2016

Maybe he's here, where it's so cold today that the snow is super hard! He sure is a cute little guy, though... don't you think? Is that one of DR's dinos?

Edit: Oops! What ever happened to Dino Raul? He's sold all of his beasties to DAZ 3D, and his name is either changed (again) or gone.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

What a cute wee beastie!

If you want footprints, what I'd suggest is: first sink dino into the snow. As it is he rests entirely on top, which makes him a lightweight. Then to a render with the bottom camera. This'll give you the outline of his feet/claws/tail which you can take into a paint program and make a set of footprints that you can plug into the displacement channel.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Dondec said:

THanks EP... while I use the selective lighting feature routinely, it never occurred to me that the clouds could be the issue... their particles so..., sounds right.  Brilliant idea

- Don

I should have tried that with the beach render I tried a month or two back. It combined Phil's Realistic Seas and Skies over Firstbastion's rocky shore. But the render literally took days, so in the end I abandoned it.

Sparrowhawke3D has a "footprint deformer" , for Carrara, and it's free

you can find it in the Laboratory,. along with many other nice plugins

Valley500.jpg
    1650 x 1031 - 279K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2016

Maybe he's here, where it's so cold today that the snow is super hard! He sure is a cute little guy, though... don't you think? Is that one of DR's dinos?

Edit: Oops! What ever happened to Dino Raul? He's sold all of his beasties to DAZ 3D, and his name is either changed (again) or gone.

He moved to Rendo   Dinoraul

Post edited by Chohole on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

cutie is http://www.daz3d.com/cryolophosaurus

next sale at rmp, gonna grab  PteranodonLDR heart

edited January 2016
    Chohole said:

He moved to Rendo   Dinoraul

I knew he was a vendor there, but never knew he'd left DAZ 3D. I have a list of his creatures I want to collect. It's nice that he sold his figs to DAZ instead of pulling them.

One of my faves by him:

This discussion has been closed.