Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 2015

WIP. Visualization for a proposed bust for a public space.

WIP bust for public space

Doc9.jpg
    640 x 480 - 47K
    Post edited by DADA_universe on
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 2015

For a special girl I know, with a very specific taste in cars and accessories.

Modeled in Hexagon, imported into Carrara, and then using physic to drape the chain.

Handbag01.jpg
    800 x 600 - 156K
    Post edited by Varsel on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

That's great! What will be the materials , height etc. ? 

Love the bag varsel, gold or silver chain? 

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    head wax said:

Love the bag varsel, gold or silver chain? 

I'll think I live it with gold. Girls are more impressed with gold than silver.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Looks freaking great, Varsel!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 2015

Playing around with PhilW's night & day city with Pred's LoRez Hero.. and Dart's Starry Sky smiley

Post edited by Stezza on
  • AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165

Bit of a big one, so is it okay if I just post a dA link?

http://asuyuka-kimeno.deviantart.com/art/Waiting-for-Santa-578121545

Quick render, started as a demonstration for my sister, ended up prettying it up and posting it. :)

• head wax said:

Thanks Headwax, preference is for marble for the pedestal and brushed steel for the head. I'm not building it though, brief was to create the visualization for the client, most likely someone else would build.

It's very cool, DADA. Would be awesome to see it built.

Stezza, sweet render! Love that Netflix series on DD!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 2015

testing the sun/sky model with a highly textured scene

and a quick comparison with unbiased engines (no luck with octane and arion)

render time: 23 min for carrara at 2048x, 6 min for the others at 1024x resolution

Graphic1.jpg
    1549 x 2000 - 461K
    Graphic2.jpg
    1549 x 2000 - 478K
    2015-12-13_200720.jpg
    263 x 208 - 12K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
    Stezza said:

Playing around with PhilW's night & day city with Pred's LoRez Hero.. and Dart's Starry Sky smiley

terrific render D.T. , should be in the vid gane thread as well :)

head wax said:

Thanks Headwax, preference is for marble for the pedestal and brushed steel for the head. I'm not building it though, brief was to create the visualization for the client, most likely someone else would build.

wow, looking forward to seeing the real thing!

render time: 23 min for carrara at 2048x, 6 min for the others at 1024x resolution

There's a huge render time difference (in Carrara at least) between 2048x and 1024x. Any possibilitiy of comparing the Carrara time at 1024x?

wow, looking forward to seeing the real thing!

Yeah... me too!

edited December 2015

Stezza, sweet render! Love that Netflix series on DD!

yep.. waiting for season 2 to come and enjoying Jessica Jones now smiley

head wax said:

terrific render D.T. , should be in the vid gane thread as well :)

tanks HW .. only problem is I didn't make anything for the render except for the DD text on the uniform

Post edited by Stezza on
  • Sharing a test scene. V4 and Octane

https://youtu.be/F4yY4zv6dHE

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 7.43.04 PM.png
    856 x 469 - 493K

Sharing a test scene. V4 and Octane

wow that's pretty creepy, in a good way!

edited December 2015

There's a huge render time difference (in Carrara at least) between 2048x and 1024x. Any possibilitiy of comparing the Carrara time at 1024x?

Hi DB, well if you consider network rendering for free in carrara, no embree or nvidia technology like the others,  the render time is not so distant; moreover in animations the biased carrara engine is brilliant and versatile

anyway this is the 1024 x outcome after tuning up haze dome and adding glare: apart from loading the file in each machine of the network, it took only 3 min with 24 cores

doc3.jpg
    1024 x 680 - 131K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • head wax said:

Sharing a test scene. V4 and Octane

wow that's pretty creepy, in a good way!

Thanks head wax smiley

Thanks, magaremoto! I haven't moved from the Carrara native render engine and don't have any current plans to do so. It's speed is wonderful and I also love the shader-creation process in the texture room. Why spend a pile of cash to work out how to leave some of my favorite parts of the software, right?

In my experience I didn't find a renderer with a perfect sun/sky model (hdr lighting is another matter) and carrara can rival with any software out of there, is different but powerful; surprisingly DS and Iray are my final winners in this "competition": they can handle the huge scene very quickly, even if iray is a bit "clamped" for my needs (on the opposite side I put fluidray)

this is the last shot in carrara to better suit the warmer atmosphere of the others (actually I would have liked a morning light scene frown

Doc2.jpg
    1024 x 680 - 127K

In my experience I didn't find a renderer with a perfect sun/sky model (hdr lighting is another matter) and carrara can rival with any software out of there, is different but powerful; surprisingly DS and Iray are my final winners in this "competition": they can handle the huge scene very quickly, even if iray is a bit "clamped" for my needs (on the opposite side I put fluidray)

this is the last shot in carrara to better suit the warmer atmosphere of the others (actually I would have liked a morning light scene frown

Really? I start to notice DS begin to bog down after just adding a full costume to a figure. Perhaps I need to set some defaults or something? It doesn't seem to bother Iray, however. Just trying to continue navigating and setting stuff up just seemed to get problematic the more stuff I add to a scene. I do love Iray, though.

Have you tried Luxus for Carrara? I own it but haven't tried setting up shaders for it yet. Need time to study first. Have you tried the newer LuxCore stuff that's in development now?

Also, was Iray the winner because of speed, or something else?

I usually export carrara scenes in 3ds > fbx exporter 2012 > fbx > carrara > obj export > ds (apart transparencies and hair it works fine with arion, vue, octane..too). This allows to have poses left and smooth polygons. In this cases DS usually loads scenes very quickly and faster than others without any problems. Iray is fast and robust but I can't manage shaded surfaces much in a proper and quick way; anyway I love it

Lux in carrara? never tried yet, but use luxblend all the time in blender so gonna give it a try

edited December 2015

Santa is checking his list..

I think he's checking it twice
    to see if Carrara 9 will be available soon
    at a very nice price cheeky

Post edited by Stezza on
  • Stezza said:

Santa is checking his list..

I think he's checking it twice
    to see if Carrara 9 will be available soon
    at a very nice price cheeky

Nice render but he is looking at the wrong end of the reindeer if he wants it to drop a hint for his list.

Oh Stezza... that's one awesome render!

...and I'm not just saying that because BB8 is in it, either! :)

Man... (just looked at it again)... I love it!

stezza, nice work, very beautiful glow 

• I meant to post this yesterday...

Happy belated Life Day everybody!

Falcon-gone-fishin.jpg
    2000 x 1334 - 2M
This discussion has been closed.