there's a couple dozen demos.  wonder what shockwave does angel

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    MistyMist said:

Xerr! heart

+1 yes

MistyMist said:

trying out the water particle demo file

there's a couple dozen demos.  wonder what shockwave does angel

Yup... Fun gallore! Give 'em a whirl! I s'pose I should practice what I preach eh? I've only tried one or two of those. blush

More new ones coming soon... but I still like this... for a lorez gif, that is cheeky

Chohole said:
    He moved to Rendo   Dinoraul

I knew he was a vendor there, but never knew he'd left DAZ 3D. I have a list of his creatures I want to collect. It's nice that he sold his figs to DAZ instead of pulling them.

One of my faves by him:

Man, I didn't do much for post on this one except for a very slight color grading. Those eyes reflecting light in the iris was my experimenting with the 'Glare" post render scene effect. dondec menioned it in his video and, he's right in my case... it's one heckuvan ignored feature. In this case I had to put some red in the glare filter instead of the default white - which made the irises turn so faded (yet glowing) that they were almost white. It looked cool if you got uo close and looked just at the eyes, but when just looking at the image as a whole, it just didn't look good. When this came around on my slideshow tonight, I couldn't help but to notice those eyes. Here's the thing, though. There's one material zone which includes the whites, iris, and pupil, then another mesh for the clear lens. In other cases I like to tweak the highlight channel with color maps and value multiplication combined with a very low shininess value - all isolated to only the iris, while allowing the whites and pupil to share the same shaders. It's fairly new to me to do that, but I find it very easy to control the glow that light cast on the iris causes, creating that refracted highlight behind the bulge of the cornea. I love that effect. Before when I tried mimicking this with the glow channel, I didn't get the right result, even after masking off about half of the iris with a darker range on the map, to simulate the light coming in at an angle which is what causes that cool refraction effect. It just has to be created by reflected light. The highlight/shininess combination finally dawned on me as the way to achieve that effect, so started messing around with all sorts of experiments. Anyways, I was just shooting this on a whim due to us talking about DinoRaul, so I just left all three of those eye parts sharing the same shader, so I half-way added my new method acrodd the whole eye while adding the color map to the bump to try and break up the light scattering against that low shininess - and it worked. The only thing that really got affected by that glare effect was the irises. Kinda cool, I think. I also turned off the constraints on his lower jaw which makes it really easy to give some pretty expressive looks on this fella. Sorry for the babble.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

tryin out the wavey modifiers.  lol.  tripping psychedelic.

experimenting to find like a wormhole, warp drive, hyper drive, special effects.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

fluffing around with a depth pass as a displacemnt map

Doc7-HDR.jpg
    2000 x 1490 - 830K

Very nice result there, head wax. Looks superb!

thanks Dart, got the idea when I saw the two people alreday in the rock (near the creature's front foot ) :) there is also a magic doorway in  this cliff !

I'll have to climb around on it and see if I can find it ;)

bring Xerr just in case!

Yikes! Xerr are always hungry, they're quite large - considering, and those teeth... oh man... those teeth! They don't seem to like climbing much, however. 

in that case brings stilts for both of us :)

Good plan, why didn't I think of that?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,039

Xerr is very appropriate name for that critter, seeing it I thought I would call it Sir too if it spoke to me.

More likely I would just run ......fast.......

Xerr is very appropriate name for that critter, seeing it I thought I would call it Sir too if it spoke to me.

More likely I would just run ......fast.......

Good plan, why didn't I think of that?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    Because running isn't as dramatic as battling it?
    edited January 2016

he he very funny Evil 

Not strictly a render but this is me in action en Plein Air on a laptop using Carrara. The other artists are all well known Australian Artists. I'm the first digital artist ever to be invited. Very happy.

It's mainly interviews. Mine starts at 12.50 abouts. 

No, I dont have a funny accent ;) You have to click the image to get it to run. 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    head wax said:

he he very funny Evil 

Not strictly a render but this is me in action en Plein Air on a laptop using Carrara. The other artists are all well known Australian Artists. I'm the first digital artist ever to be invited. Very happy.

It's mainly interviews. Mine starts at 12.50 abouts. 

No, I dont have a funny accent ;) You have to click the image to get it to run. 

very cool to see all the Australian Artists - even you wink

so what did you end up with ?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

(sings:) Livng in a box. Living in a cardboard box!  wink

Very cool yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

"Why are you staring in a cardboard box?"  Loved it!  Looked like a wonderful event to be part of.  Congratulations. 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited January 2016

I was trying to get a nice glowing lampshade effect, and it was all looking a bit meh, so I bunged a 10000x multiplier into the translucency channel and set it to 1000%...

Not exactly what I expected, but I kinda like it!

st_Multiplier.jpg
    1152 x 800 - 513K
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on

Nice find TangoAlpha, thanks for sharing that.

thanks Diomede, TangoAlpha and Bligh for commenting on the vid. :) Yes the cardboard box thing was very funny - especially because the brand on the box is some kind of incontinent pad ....

here is the work in situ at the Regional Gallery (not my photo) my  work is on the left and the top right. The one with the rain  is the plein air one. thanks for looking :)

12524323_989681951093242_7973627799451698188_n.jpg
    960 x 720 - 53K
    AndrewFinnie-RedMoonOverTerrigal.jpg
    2000 x 2445 - 1004K
    AndrewFinnie-White Moon Rain StormTerrigal1.jpg
    2778 x 2000 - 1M
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Those are well done. 

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

love the rain one

all are good

thanks Bigh and chickenman  appreciate that!

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

Headwax, I saw in the video that you had rendering for different times of day, is this something you were able to present at the exhibit... like a video loop, or maybe several prints?

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Thinking inside the box - that's a new one for you:)  Great result, though!

You could start a whole new line of challenges - modelling in situ, extreme modelling...

Very nice paintings, head wax! Hey... look... it's Andrew Finney... in a box!

Must be a great time, such an immense event - seeing all of those different styles and techniques in a live environment like that.

Where I live we get artists from all round the world with their cameras and canvasses alike.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

great Vid headWax :) nice to see the other artists too.

Austria looks really sunny :), and you're right,. you don't have a funny accent,... everyone else does ;)

edited January 2016

thanks everyone :) extreme modelling - you're on Roygee!

Dart, this is about 1 and half hours away from my place. So I was lucky to get invited as the others are mainly their local artists.

I was in awe - these giys get 26000 for a 1.5 by 2  painting ! One has won the Sulman prize. http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/prizes/sulman/ pretty hot shot.

3Dage yes it is really sunny, not made for us blue eye types (scottish irish)  at all . Yes a pity about everyone else's accent ;)

cdordoni  that was only on show at the gallery that sponored us at the end of the plein air day. To be honest I didn't know what was expected of me.

as I was invited as a digital artist, so I tried to make something that was uniquely digital - hence the looping renders - in a slide show

In the end for the final product I decided that by modelling the landscape I could make an image that would be inaccessible to most traditional artists as far as viewpoint - unless they had a crane. At the opening at the regional a lot of people talked about the work because they still dont understand the mechanism of wrking in 3d and couldn't understand whether I'd just used photoshop or somehow put together a bunch of photographs ...

I explained the process to a very well known artist and at the end she said to me - 'so you just used photographs then'?

note to self - must practice explaining 3d ;)

Post edited by Headwax on
    head wax said:

'so you just used photographs then'?

So it wasn't just your imagination that her eyes were glazed over as your explanation just flew straight over her head! ;)

You do some amazing art, Sir... truly amazing! 

This discussion has been closed.