Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• MistyMist said:

put a conical camera in center, rotated 360 120 frames

didnt come out seamless

Oh. I thought the banding was a rainbow. lol

• Wow there's a lot of talent here! Amazing to see the variation in types of content generated too.

Here's my attempt at a realistic Earth from low orbit.  Any suggestions on increasing realism would be much appreciated!

This is actually a screengrab from an animation I did.  You can see the animation here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRxZzRtqqUd4bZsIiKEHEWw

onorbit render carrara 2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    pnewhook said:

Wow there's a lot of talent here! Amazing to see the variation in types of content generated too.

Here's my attempt at a realistic Earth from low orbit.  Any suggestions on increasing realism would be much appreciated!

This is actually a screengrab from an animation I did.  You can see the animation here:

nice work, :) throwing in a few stars always helps,

keeping in mind that I have never been in space (yet) I don't think there is a lot of ambient light and no atmosphere to scatter it, so I would make the shadows much darker,

for realism not aestheticism

pnewhook said:

• I started to do a video the other week on censorship but put it aside I may need to continue it.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    fool said:

I started to do a video the other week on censorship but put it aside I may need to continue it.

I would like to see it. Can I guess the antangonist?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990

I'm in the process of modelling a thripenny bunger and a crab hole... finished soooon..

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited February 2016

On Sunday it is the Chinese New Year : The year of the monkey. So I had to make a greeting card ...

This one is my first sketch. It turned out ok, but its not the one that I will be using.

The monkey is 3D Universe http://www.daz3d.com/monkey-business , with Carrara hair.

The banana is a model I got somewhere else, and then using physic to arrange. The barrel is a vertex model.

NewYear2016Temp2.jpg
    1128 x 800 - 404K
    Post edited by Varsel on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    kakman said:

Thank you very much head wax.

Dart’s sets are truly great (as is Dart himself) and the render speed is very fast!

<blushing>

Awww... I'm away for a little over a week and look what happens! Thanks Kakman! That is a cool render, and I bet the DVD is awesome as well!

(Kakman makes incredible DVDs of the awesome travelling he and his wife perform. They're really cool!)

...and that following one is really neat as well! I love the Cyclorama and the Millenium Environment! I used to rely on them heavily before Carrara came along - and even after for a little while. It's cool how many packs are available for them, so being a PC member I ended up buying almost all of them.

MDO2010 said:

A couple new ones I did for the PC Inspiration Challenge using the New Colony set - I keep forgetting that the whole PC Club forum exists, but it's nice to pop in once in a while and wave the Carrara flag in the challenges there laugh.  In the first one I got to reuse the floating city I made for a previous Carrara Challenge, and In the second one I used Dartanbeck's Woodlands Environkit and added some alien plants to it; I don't use this awesome set enough.

<still blushing>

Thanks, Mark! Yeah... I find my EnvironKits to be huge time-savers for my outdoor scenes, and then Badlands for my cave/cavern/dungeon stories as well. It's cool to see you put it to use so well with that wonderful new Colony set. I have to get that one myself!

I really like that painted look in the second image, but I liked the first one as well. I love how easy it can be to make painted looks in Carrara

Fifth, love that headphones setup! Really nice job!

Cool stuff Misty! Busy little renderer!!! :)

Magaremoto, I really like seeing and reading of your exploits. 

pnewhook said:

Wow there's a lot of talent here! Amazing to see the variation in types of content generated too.

Nice, smooth animation. Very cool!

Happy Year of the Monkey, Varsel! Looking great!

• MDO2010 said:

A couple new ones I did for the PC Inspiration Challenge using the New Colony set - I keep forgetting that the whole PC Club forum exists, but it's nice to pop in once in a while and wave the Carrara flag in the challenges there laugh.  In the first one I got to reuse the floating city I made for a previous Carrara Challenge, and In the second one I used Dartanbeck's Woodlands Environkit and added some alien plants to it; I don't use this awesome set enough.

<still blushing>

Thanks, Mark! Yeah... I find my EnvironKits to be huge time-savers for my outdoor scenes, and then Badlands for my cave/cavern/dungeon stories as well. It's cool to see you put it to use so well with that wonderful new Colony set. I have to get that one myself!

I really like that painted look in the second image, but I liked the first one as well. I love how easy it can be to make painted looks in Carrara

Speaking of your Badlands set... here's one I just made for the current PC Club Fake Movie Poster Challenge. laugh

cool pic mdo2010 in a hot sort of way laugh

Bravo! Very cool render... very cool poster/movie imagination! Bravo!

• Bravo! Very cool render... very cool poster/movie imagination! Bravo!

Yeah, sound like a good theme for the contest too wink

Anyways, speaking of the latest contest, I did something on that particular theme (Wild, Wild West) but I'm not entering the contest (cuz I'm hosting it), it contains lots of 2d elements in it as well, it was more like excersise in Fusion then anything else ...

Cheers smiley

SouthernRailways.jpg
    1555 x 788 - 481K

Very nice! Damn, you're good!

Fusion is pretty awesome, isn't it? So robust yet so simple!

• Bravo! Very cool render... very cool poster/movie imagination! Bravo!

Anyways, speaking of the latest contest, I did something on that particular theme (Wild, Wild West) but I'm not entering the contest (cuz I'm hosting it), it contains lots of 2d elements in it as well, it was more like excersise in Fusion then anything else ...

Cheers smiley

That's a very cool image,

• MistyMist said:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Bravo! Very cool render... very cool poster/movie imagination! Bravo!

Cheers smiley

That is impressive

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited February 2016

Thanks guys, yep, love the Fusion, what's interesting, I use it to work on stills more and more lately, only if I need something very hi-rez I go to GIMP smiley

Here is Carrara render ...

WesternCarrara.jpg
    1280 x 550 - 346K
    C8ScreenShotWWW.jpg
    1555 x 875 - 408K
    Post edited by FifthElement on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Excellent image clean clear and uncluttered unlike mine.

• Thanks smiley

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

http://orig14.deviantart.net/c556/f/2016/039/8/a/mildragie_by_realmgal-d9r1mn3.mp4

did this a while ago, but now haz the mp4 converter, original avi file was 80mb

recorded the thunder myself, put mic out the window last big thunderstorm
    animation presets originally for poser. cant remember product name, was from daz store, kept chaining the presets

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited February 2016

For those who don't go into the Carrara challenges here is my Final Saloon image.

saloon light test 13.jpg
    1900 x 1682 - 2M
    Post edited by chickenman on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

closer up of the badge

Doc1.png
    1196 x 500 - 619K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited February 2016

Badge is well done.

Playing with a fake movie poster like Mark.

Capitol Hillibillies 3.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 621K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • I've been loading up a bunch of Howie Farke's sets and trying to disect how he does things because I want to do some more realistic looking outdoors scenes, and I took a moment out to just render one of them - I always forget how amazing all his sets are. 

"The Old Mill Path"

The new Walden Mill set dropped into Howie Farke's Maple Meadows.

The Old Mill Path

Ken Giililand's new kiwi from Hivewire3D scratching around Hemlock Folly

This discussion has been closed.