*Released* Porefectionist for Genesis 8 Females- Commercial

chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,192

https://www.daz3d.com/porefectionist-hd-skin-details-for-genesis-8-females

50 HD Skin detail morphs for the Genesis 8 females.

These are morph dials that can be dialed in a little or a lot. They can be combined together.. ex lip 6 plus lip 8 in the last promo image.  You can choose to use just one area like the undereye or cheek, or you can choose to use them all.  The choice is all yours.  These can be used as a merchant resource either baked in as HD details if you have access to the HD tools or you can export the object out and make normal maps from the combos! If you are a merchant that normally makes normals from your bump or diffuse maps, you can combinne them with these by using the overlay option in your paint program.

Included are:

10 Cheek Details

10 Forehead Details

10 Lip Details

10 Chin Details

5 Delicate Undereye Details

5 Nose Details

These were built on a subdivision level 5.  So you can choose how high you want to go, but the detail is there for you :)

Also included is just a small pdf on how you can use these as a merchant resource if you choose to use them that way.

00-Main-Porefectionist-Daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 437K
01-Porefectionist-Daz3d.jpg
1800 x 1300 - 924K
02-Porefectionist-Daz3d.jpg
1800 x 1300 - 860K
03-Porefectionist-Daz3d.jpg
1800 x 1300 - 590K
04-Porefectionist-Daz3d.jpg
1800 x 1300 - 631K
05-Porefectionist-Daz3d.jpg
1800 x 1300 - 591K
06-Porefectionist-Daz3d.jpg
1800 x 1300 - 460K
Post edited by chevybabe25 on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited September 2020

Looking good, you do keep the good stuff coming! The fade capability strikes me as particularly brilliant.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • I do a lot of portrait renders. This package will be a great addition. I'm looking forward to it's release. yes

• Well, thought I have everything... my fault ;-). Instant buy wink

• Thanks guys :) Iv'e been wanting to make this set for awhile now!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

How does this compare to using an HD add-on, in terms of appearance as well as memory requirement and rendering speed?

• I did a quick and dirty test with Twosret ( my new favorite).  I loaded g8, subd to 5 and dialed in Twosret and added her maps.  With standard render settings and my hardware (2080 ti)  total render time was 47 seconds.  Dialing in the Twosret HD Morph took 48 seconds to render.  Removing that and dialing in 6 different Porefectionist HD detail morphs rendered in 49 seconds. 

The difference will obviously be that you dont get that same overall effect that the DAZ O's have with HD, as mine only include face areas right now.   If they do well, I may add more body parts that are considered more crucial for up close portraits. 

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 190

Looks great, I am highly interested. But the base of all my used skins is V3Digitimes Wet & Tanned Skins. Do you think these two should work together?

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,192
    edited September 2020

I don't see why they wouldn't work together.  You just might have to make some surface adjustments.   The Daz Originals (which is what that product looks like it uses) already has a lot of nice detail.  So you would probably have to turn down  or remove the bump in order for the morphs to not directly compete with whats already there. But with bump removed you get some pretty nice results :)

Example attached:

You could also turn the morphs up higher too if you would like, should they not be strong enough for you.. I have dialed them in as high as 200 percent with decent results.

stephanie 8.jpg
    2600 x 1100 - 2M
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

It is everything I never knew I always wanted.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

Nice! I'd like to see a comparison of a core figure WITH the DAZ HD added and then yours with and without the DAZ HD to see how different it is compared to the HD morph and to also see how much more it can add to the HD morph

• This looks great especially the lip details

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,192
    edited September 2020

Thanks guys :)

Zelara right out of the box. Didn't remove any maps.

POREFECTIONIST ZELARA HD.jpg
    3080 x 1064 - 2M
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

This looks great!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Another nice product.

• Take my money

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388
    peteVault said:

Take my money

I came here to write exactly the same...

• I am so glad that you all are interested !

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

Thanks guys :)

Thanks for the comparison. It looks like it doesn't add much visually if you already have the HD morph, but looks to be worthwhile if you don't.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2020

Great idea! And one I have long desired: SEPARATE lip, nose, eye, & pore HD morphs. One area I have challenges with is achieving a convincing lip edge line/define/crease. I have all the morph packs, but they all seem to be limited to a thin line (and the SAME polygons) rather than a more realistic edge. I've tried dialing negative values on one morph combined with others positive, but I can't get the edge fat enough to look sumptuous. I can get this effect using Monique 8, Twosret 8, Teen Raven 8, or Darcy 8 HD Add-Ons, but this dials in unwanted nose or eye or smh nasolabial details. If single lip morphs were displayed and numbered in the promos, I could see if this product will solve this problem for me.

CreationPortrait Photo of Sydney Harper using a 24-70 lens

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • Thanks guys :)

Thanks for the comparison. It looks like it doesn't add much visually if you already have the HD morph, but looks to be worthwhile if you don't.

That's exactly it.  You will get the most bang for your buck using these on charcaters that are lacking some detail.

xyer0 said:

Great idea! And one I have long desired: SEPARATE lip, nose, eye, & pore HD morphs. One area I have challenges with are achieving a convincing lip edge line/define/crease. I have all the morph packs, but they all seem to be limited to a thin line (and the SAME polygons) rather than a more realistic edge. I've tried dialing negative values on one morph combined with others positive, but I can't get the edge fat enough to look sumptuous. I can get this effect using Monique 8, Twosret 8, Teen Raven 8, or Darcy 8 HD Add-Ons, but this dials in unwanted nose or eye or smh nasolabial details. If single lip morphs were displayed and numbered in the promos, I could see if this product will solve this problem for me.

CreationPortrait Photo of Sydney Harper using a 24-70 lens

I will try and get you some renders today for just the lips but the details definitely add a little volume/edge  to the lips when they are turned up.

• Hmmm on second thought.. most only have a little volume, not really an edge.   Ill post some pics of them anyways :)

• All the lips up close and personal. All very unique and different from each other. 

POREFECTION LIIP DETAILS.jpg
    2000 x 2500 - 1M
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Thanks so much! "Volume" is EXACTLY what I've needed on the edges of the lips (and if I had thought of that word, I would've used it in my verbose mis-explanation). The other morph packs give me a polygon wide edge with no volume. This will hit the spot! I've needed it since earlier this year. It can't come out too soon.

I was kinda pissed when you stopped making characters, but you have really carved out a niche for yourself fixing problems for us. And you even threw in the incomparable Oshun a while back.

Finally, please consider religiously adding the word "hair" to your forthcoming hairs. Thanks for making the effort to show me what I needed!

• xyer0 said:

Thanks so much! "Volume" is EXACTLY what I've needed on the edges of the lips (and if I had thought of that word, I would've used it in my verbose mis-explanation). The other morph packs give me a polygon wide edge with no volume. This will hit the spot! I've needed it since earlier this year. It can't come out too soon.

I was kinda pissed when you stopped making characters, but you have really carved out a niche for yourself fixing problems for us. And you even threw in the incomparable Oshun a while back.

Finally, please consider religiously adding the word "hair" to your forthcoming hairs. Thanks for making the effort to show me what I needed!

You are very welcome!!! 

I do wish I could have continued with characters but its just too much for me. I enjoy it so much, but, I get hung up on details that set me back weeks. Financially, it makes zero sense when I do this full time .  So this little niche Ive carved out kinda screams me.  I get to, get the whole character creation desire out of my system  while still continuing to keep my head financially above water.   It all thankfully, pans out :)

As for the hair,   In my older age certain things seem to slip a little more often. Particularly words.  I believe all the submitted products missing the word "hair" have worked their way through the system, so future hairs will have the word hair in them now! YAY!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129

I did a quick and dirty test with Twosret ( my new favorite).  I loaded g8, subd to 5 and dialed in Twosret and added her maps.  With standard render settings and my hardware (2080 ti)  total render time was 47 seconds.  Dialing in the Twosret HD Morph took 48 seconds to render.  Removing that and dialing in 6 different Porefectionist HD detail morphs rendered in 49 seconds. 

The difference will obviously be that you dont get that same overall effect that the DAZ O's have with HD, as mine only include face areas right now.   If they do well, I may add more body parts that are considered more crucial for up close portraits. 

Subd 5!!!! Is that what is required to see the detail? I couldn't even render a single naked character at subd 5 with my 6 GB graphics card. G8F at subd 5 is over 16 million polygons.

• LOL! Yes these are made at subd 5! Most of the Daz ' O HD's are built at subD 4 or higher.   I do realize that some computers can/will struggle with it that high.  But you can dial it in lower and still get decent detail, or you can export it(with patience) and make some nice custom normals.  

LOL! Yes these are made at subd 5! Most of the Daz ' O HD's are built at subD 4 or higher.   I do realize that some computers can/will struggle with it that high.  But you can dial it in lower and still get decent detail, or you can export it(with patience) and make some nice custom normals.  

Thanks for additional information. What software would I need to convert to normals?

• Off the top of my head, Zbrush, Mudbox, Modo, Substance Painter and Blender are just a small few. Normal Map Online I haven't had any success with,  I think the objects are just too big to try and upload. But basically you subD your figure as high as your computer can handle( so if 5 is gonna kill your computer go with 4) in Daz, delete all the extras objects in the scene like lashes and brows,and then dial in the porefection morphs. Export the subD object to a folder or desktop ( this part takes several minutes-and you will probably be cursing me that Daz seems frozen).  This will be the high definition object you will load in to one of these normal map from mesh programs. You can then restore G8F (edit:object: restore figure) and export that out again as your low poly mesh.  Each program does it differently so I would suggest googling something like "baking normals in Blender".  

This video link shows how to bake the normals inside of Blender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r-cGjVKvGw

Off the top of my head, Zbrush, Mudbox, Modo, Substance Painter and Blender are just a small few. Normal Map Online I haven't had any success with,  I think the objects are just too big to try and upload. But basically you subD your figure as high as your computer can handle( so if 5 is gonna kill your computer go with 4) in Daz, delete all the extras objects in the scene like lashes and brows,and then dial in the porefection morphs. Export the subD object to a folder or desktop ( this part takes several minutes-and you will probably be cursing me that Daz seems frozen).  This will be the high definition object you will load in to one of these normal map from mesh programs. You can then restore G8F (edit:object: restore figure) and export that out again as your low poly mesh.  Each program does it differently so I would suggest googling something like "baking normals in Blender".  

This video link shows how to bake the normals inside of Blender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r-cGjVKvGw

Thank you, that is very helpful information.

Oh, I was just wondering, could your product come with normal maps as well as HD morphs? That might make it more attractive to people like me without a real high end new graphics card. Or is it not feasible, because you wouldn't know which morphs to combine to create a normal map?