*Released* Porefectionist for Genesis 8 Females- Commercial

1235»

Comments

• Downloaded and installed and testing it right now. Question: when you say dial subdivision up to 5, do you mean specifically Subdivision Level or Render Subdivision Level? I've never understood the difference, but noticed that Studio by default usually has Render SubD settings +1  (Example: Subdivision 1, Render SubD 2.)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,700

When you do the men's version, can you add more definition to the lip lines of at least one so I can get those sculpted lips I posted back on page 1? Please, por favor, sil vous plait?

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,195

Sorry guys, I have not been getting emails about ANY forum replies. Sigh. 

@zombiewhacker it depends on what exactly you are trying to accomplish. turning the subd up in my opinion gives better results overall and can be used for exporting to build the normal maps. If you don't need all that, the render subd level works without killing your machine.

@xyer0 I will do my best to make sure I include something like that for the boys :) 

• chevybabe25 said:

@zombiewhacker it depends on what exactly you are trying to accomplish. turning the subd up in my opinion gives better results overall and can be used for exporting to build the normal maps. If you don't need all that, the render subd level works without killing your machine.

@xyer0 I will do my best to make sure I include something like that for the boys :) 

Nobody seems to get any forum messages recently. Daz seems to be broken in quite a lot of ways. crying 

Sigh. Well, I am glad it isn't just me.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

chevybabe25 said:

Sigh. Well, I am glad it isn't just me.

Oh, me too! I was wondering why I wasn't getting updates on Forum postings.

edited December 2021

chevybabe25 said:

Thanks so much, @chevybabe25! Some males have sculpted lips too! kiss

I don't get forum notifications either.

Post edited by xyer0 on

You are very welcome xyer0  :)  This other project is taking me a little longer than I originally intended.  But hopefully, it will get the wow factor I'm looking for! Then on to the male Porefection stuff!!

I filed a ticket about the forum notifications and was told they are broken but they are working on it.  From what I understand there are some challenges with google.  

Thanks for the heads up.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,387

Hi @chevybabe25, since these are morphs, they should work okay with Genesis 8.1 as well, no? Cheers!

Yes they are morphs and will work on 8.1 without issue :)

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,387

chevybabe25 said:

Yes they are morphs and will work on 8.1 without issue :)

Great, thank you! 

You are so very welcome :)

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

I bought this way back when it came out and I am only now getting around to experimenting with it...

I'm not sure that I am seeing the right results though.

When I do a render with and without the morphs, I see only minor differences in the skin. However I see major puffing of the skin in general.

I'm almost thinking that it might be the result of the character textures "cross talking" with the pore textures?

There is some puffing in the areas.  You have a couple options to get the best results - dial in your figure to render subd of 5 if you plan on rendering it out,  or preferably, dial it up in the parameters to  subd5 so you can export this out to get combined and editable normal maps out of it. . You can use less than the 5, but there is a lot less detail. 

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

chevybabe25 said:

There is some puffing in the areas.  You have a couple options to get the best results - dial in your figure to render subd of 5 if you plan on rendering it out,  or preferably, dial it up in the parameters to  subd5 so you can export this out to get combined and editable normal maps out of it. . You can use less than the 5, but there is a lot less detail. 

Wait, you can do this? How?

chevybabe25 said:

Thank you for the info, I'm going to experiment a bit more.

I wasn't sure if the SubD might be acting on the default textures as well as the pore textures.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515

This looks great and I realize G8F products far outsell G8M ones, but unfortunately I don't think I can use it without a male version. Can't have my men with smoother skin than the women. Bummer.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Leonides02 said:

chevybabe25 said:

Wait, you can do this? How?

I see your post now on Page 1. Thanks for the info. I thought maybe it was a feature built into Daz that I'd somehow missed.

mikethe3dguy said:

This looks great and I realize G8F products far outsell G8M ones, but unfortunately I don't think I can use it without a male version. Can't have my men with smoother skin than the women. Bummer.

I have been trying so hard to get to that project. But gotta pay the bills first unfortunately.

chevybabe25 said:

I think I may have figured out where things went off the rails for me...

Would the puffiness be acentuated if an HD Details texture was applied prior to the SubD being changed and the Pore morphs being activated?

I dont believe so. Im not sure what else would cause the puffing other than the little that comes with hd morphs.