*Released* Porefectionist for Genesis 8 Females- Commercial

Comments

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited October 2020

Seconding (thirding?) the hope for a male version! I don't really have much need for the female one, but a male counterpart would have money leaving my wallet so fast. I've spent so much time lately fussing over too-smooth skin on my guys.

The female version really does look awesome, though, I love the lip and undereye details especially! If I worked with female characters it'd be an instabuy, and as it is I would definitely buy it as part of a male/female bundle, just in case I might need it one day. Seriously, it looks awesome, I'm actually super jealous of everyone who gets to use it lol.

Would also love to see full-body versions for both. I spin up most of my characters from scratch and so the core HD add-ons are useless to me. An "apply to any G8M/G8F" substitute that could finally let me have things like pores and realistic joint wrinkles would be something I'd use constantly.

Post edited by Cora Regina on
  • LauritaLaurita Posts: 196

Yepp, part 4 is broken vie DIM and direct download as well.

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,195
    Laurita said:

Yepp, part 4 is broken vie DIM and direct download as well.

Looking into this now :)

ok.. I just tried a manual download of the zip.  I don't normally use dim, but it seems to have been sorted!

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited October 2020

Still Broken for me. File 4 of 5    

{
      "code": "internal_error",
      "message": "internal incident",
      "status": 500
    }
    Post edited by peteVault on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,719

Broken for me as well - if it still is later today, I'll put in a ticket

I think this is on the Daz end of stuff. I put in a ticket,  and was reassured that it's not broken.

It almost has to be a DAZ thing - I'm having the same error with another download from the same order (which is an older product I'm certain someone would have noticed before if the problem was in the product). Time for them to kick the download server into submission...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,984
    edited October 2020

Mine downloaded without error last night, I haven't actually tried using it yet though. I think the servers are probably ultra-busy with the PC sale, so it is more likely than usual for a download (of a fiel that is correct on the server) to have problems, and the bigger the file the more likely there are to be issues.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,140

This was really a tough debate I had with myself, as I've been looking for generic but also subtle HD details like these for a while now, and now they arrived right within the PC+ sale. Which is difficult, since there are so many great PC For A Day offers as well. But, I just couldn't resist, as I said, I've been wanting something like this for ages. I'll just hope Daz will release a new character that I'm *not* interested the coming week.

• I was an insta-buy for me.  No problems with the downloads

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,751

No problems on my download, nor when using my first time. Unfortunately, as the render finished, I noticed the character's skin mat had a green line just under the chin, where the head joined the neck. So can't show it off. But, the instructions helped me to not goof up and I quickly found the dials. Going to try on another character, whose skin I know is good first.

Thanks for a great product again.

Mary

Download finally worked this evening, along with the others that didn't before - someone must have given the server a good kick! Looking forward to playing with this now.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,504

Is it normal for some of the dials to be limited to 50%? I noticed the lip dials go to 100% but the rest seem to only go to 50%. I also noticed the most difference in the lips in my test renders, and didn't notice a difference in the forehead. I think my render minimum subdivision was set to 2.

Also, I could only find the dials in the parameters tab. Do they not show up in the shaping tab?

edited October 2020
    NylonGirl said:

Is it normal for some of the dials to be limited to 50%? I noticed the lip dials go to 100% but the rest seem to only go to 50%. I also noticed the most difference in the lips in my test renders, and didn't notice a difference in the forehead. I think my render minimum subdivision was set to 2.

Also, I could only find the dials in the parameters tab. Do they not show up in the shaping tab?

Yes. I did this because you are "layering" the details.  You can override the morphs should you need to by clicking on the cog of the morph dial and changing the maximum limits.

If you are using these as just dials, I would try and stick to a total of 300 or 400% as a Maximum total amount to dial in.  After that, you can get distortions. 

If you are using these to make your normals, you can go much higher and max these out at 100 for each area.

I am not sure why they haven't shown up in the shaping tab.  I will look into this.

Post edited by chevybabe25 on

I've just got confirmation that my update was put through and is live.This addresses critical issues with the stacking of morphs.  Please download the new one :)

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,751

The update was in DIM this morning for me. Downloaded like a charm.

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 126
    edited October 2020

So, I dialed in one from each area, (cheeks, chin, lips etc) and now I need a trip to the dentist!

*Edit* Isolated the source of the problem to AFE powerpose being active. *Edit*

Teeth1.jpg
    1382 x 720 - 340K
    Post edited by Mart1n71 on

Hi Martin :)

Im not sure if your results are with the update but:

With these morphs I would not stack more than 300 or so percent total on the figure. It also appears that you have the mouth realism morph( thats a standard morph on g8)  off which should be on a 100 percent at default.  If you want all of them at higher percentages, i would suggest baking them out as normal maps.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

That looks painful Martin!

Just a heads up :)

I made yet another update on this set.  Daz recently gave the Published Artists some extra tools so we can deal with HD wonkiness. So once it goes through (hopefully soon) you will be able to stack these to your heart's content with no tooth problems!!! Woot!!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,700

Thank you for this great product and for the heads up on the update. I hope it sold well enough for a male version or even a---dare I say---Genesis 3 Male version?

You are very welcome :)  It sold pretty well, so I'll probably do a G8 male version.  The next should be perfect now that we have the tools we need. I am really sorry about all the dang updates.  It's been awhile since I've uploaded character related products so I'm a little off my game. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited November 2020

Please show the forehead options.  I'm looking for something to add a few light lines, without having to go the route of Zev0's aging morphs, and the promos are a little light on variety.

Post edited by Sevrin on
    edited November 2020

Hopefully this will help.  7 definitely has some lines.

All of these are dialed in at 100 percent.  You could go higher but it may give ya some volume on the forehead.  Ill do one more render of 7 dialed in higher.

foreheads.jpg
    2600 x 1600 - 660K
    Post edited by chevybabe25 on

Forehead number 7dialed in at 200 percent. You can see the detail better but it starts to show the volume.

forehead7.jpg
    1100 x 1300 - 259K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Thanks.  That #7 does have some lines, but you need to dial the pores in quite a bit to see them.

If ever you consider an expansion or additional product, there's definitely a lack of forehead and laugh lines and crows' feet on the market.  Botoxed foreheads especially have been a bugbear of mine when it comes to Daz faces.  I have the aging morphs, but they're a bit much IMO.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,700
    edited November 2020

Hey ChevyBabe! If you're still planning/developing a male version (and I'm not too late) please consider some lips with the edge & interior definition of these (my choices from 8 HD Add-Ons):

imageimageimage

Thanks for continuing to develop Genesis 8!

ETA: Leroy 8 HD Add-On, Darcy 8 HD Add-On, Monique 8 HD Add-On, Darius 8 HD Add-On

Post edited by xyer0 on

I will consider all of it guys :)  

• I've been trying to download the updates, however file 3 and 4 kept on failing

I even tried downloading them from DIM, still no cigar. File 1, 2 and 5 downloaded fine.