AI is going to be our biggest game changer

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

I bet that aren't the same as thought of AI "coming soon..." about 20 or years ago, right?

We've only had Neural Network AI since 2012. Before that we were barking up the wrong tree with AI by using instruction lists instead of letting machines learn.

wow really cool, yeah we are just "really getting started in AI, only now which we stepped in the right direction for AI, be for programing for gaming, for animation or even rendering.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528

Also I swear that if the AIs revolt it's going to be because they get fed up with engineers at Boston Dynamics whacking them with hockey stick all the time. Also I'm going to have to make a robot model that's inspired by this robot soldier.

Also that video was obviously fake, but it's so funny when you see it next to the real Boston Dynamics biped robot demo.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I bet that aren't the same as thought of AI "coming soon..." about 20 or years ago, right?

We've only had Neural Network AI since 2012. Before that we were barking up the wrong tree with AI by using instruction lists instead of letting machines learn.

That's what I need, player supplies pictures, they get transfered to a AI server, model AI generated, and then the geometry transferred to the in game model and applied as a morph that gets saved. Then the original pictures and geometries deleted on the remote AI server. Sort of like a FaceGen powered by AI.  

Oh wow, watching the making off for that parody of Boston Robotic's Atlas robot is surprising. I thought there were more practical effects than there was.

Man... I need to get a mocap suit.

• I bet that aren't the same as thought of AI "coming soon..." about 20 or years ago, right?

We've had neural nets since the early 60s. They fell out of favor because of the rule-based expert systems you refer to, and other paradigms, but today's large data sets and cheap processing power brought them back in the for of Deep Learning.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

I was reading Adobes blog today found it pretty interesting that Photoshop uses Ai.  I guess that should make post work a breeze

Photoshop: Now the world’s most advanced AI application for creatives https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/10/20/photoshop-the-worlds-most-advanced-ai-application-for-creatives.html

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    Ivy said:

I was reading Adobes blog today found it pretty interesting that Photoshop uses Ai.  I guess that should make post work a breeze

Photoshop: Now the world’s most advanced AI application for creatives https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/10/20/photoshop-the-worlds-most-advanced-ai-application-for-creatives.html

People are slapping "AI" on everything they do because they can't afford not to.  It's the "blockchain" of 2020.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

So once everything as Ai, is that when the beginning of the end of humankind begins?

OOooosurprise

Happy Halloween devil

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

I think this is pretty impressive:

Quadruped animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnu1DzFzRWs

• Oh boy

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Oh boy

We all know it's coming. LOL, I'm not throwing out all my DAZ purchases regardless although you might say that tech would severely curtail future purchases.laugh

• We're getting closer to interacting with out computers in plain English.

• LucielLuciel Posts: 475

In the grim future there is only buzzwords that don't really mean much. surprise

Can we make "switchies" a buzzword for binary?

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,501
    Luciel said:

In the grim future there is only buzzwords that don't really mean much. surprise

If we're going to do that then we should probably call the quantum bits "poofies".

• NylonGirl said:
    Luciel said:

If we're going to do that then we should probably call the quantum bits "poofies".

I believe quantum bits are called Qubits.

Not to be confused with Q*Berts.

Q-Bert is kind of poofy.

• NylonGirl said:

Q-Bert is kind of poofy.

@$&#!!!!

• Oh wow! I love modeling but I hate texturing. Maybe I won't have to some day.

The abstract image of the street looks like what Mapillary does.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

We're getting closer to interacting with out computers in plain English.

Wouldn't mean that all them peoples in the former colonies - aka US - would have to learn proper "plain English" for the AI to understand first? devil

Wouldn't mean that all them peoples in the former colonies - aka US - would have to learn proper "plain English" for the AI to understand first? devil

You go to the dropdown menu and switch it from "Proper English" to "Improper English".

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    NylonGirl said:

You go to the dropdown menu and switch it from "Proper English" to "Improper English".

I'd read that as "without computers".

• mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335

I can't wait for AI to make some nice new soothing piano jazz. And, for AI to write some really cool Noir detective novels.

mmkdaz said:

I can't wait for AI to make some nice new soothing piano jazz. And, for AI to write some really cool Noir detective novels.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824
    edited July 2022

I have been looking at Midjourney renders that users created by prompts and feeling quite depressed to be honest 

so many are heartbreakingly beautiful and no need for an artist, just an algorithm trained on models

I joined a Facebook group and am seeing the most incredible stuff there is no way I can replicate using 3D assets

when the machines do our art, write our songs, what joy is there in being creative 

yes I played Necromancer and raised this thread from the dead

but 2 years on

who saw this coming?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • dortybassadortybassa Posts: 489
    edited July 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I have been looking at Midjourney renders that users created by prompts and feeling quite depressed to be honest 

so many are heartbreakingly beautiful and no need for an artist, just an algorithm trained on models

I joined a Facebook group and am seeing the most incredible stuff there is no way I can replicate using 3D assets

when the machines do our art, write our songs, what joy is there in being creative 

but 2 years on

who saw this coming?

You've also aswered the Fermi Paradox... Joyless civilizations die out but AI is still in it's infancy and can't progress further!

Post edited by dortybassa on
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579

Midjourney is the 'Make Art' Button we all used to joke about around here.

I wonder if I will render anything again.

Probably not.

It's a slippery slope from buying other people's 3d assets and arranging them to try and make something to typing in a few words to make something way, way, way, way better.

It is all rather joyless though.

Think I'll go make a sandwich instead.  Take that AI. *Shakes fist at AI generated cloud.*

• DandeneDandene Posts: 162

WendyLuvsCatz said:

but 2 years on

who saw this coming?

I was definitely impressed by some of the stuff people are generating with Midjourney and sometimes can't tell the difference between something AI-generated and something an artist created.  I tried out WOMBO Dream and spent two days making random art with it before the fun fizzled out.  Some of the Daz artists I've followed on Instagram have been posting more AI-generated art than Daz art and that's definitely made me sad.  They're really creative minds, so I miss seeing what new ideas they come up with each week. 

Many were already using AI as part of their process (such as with Faceapp) so I wasn't surprised with AI-generated art becoming such a big thing.  I feel weird using anything AI generated, myself.  I'd prefer using the AI for inspiration.  

• TheMysteryIsThePointTheMysteryIsThePoint Posts: 2,887
    edited July 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

but 2 years on

who saw this coming?

Wendy, are you kidding? Everyone should have seen this coming :) But I bet you there are still people who are whistling past the graveyard saying "Yeah, but a computer will never be able to do <Fill in the blank>". And those people are clearly not paying attention.

Our brains are made out of cholesterol with its awesome conductive properties :) and have to fit through the birth canal. AI is made from components with copper interconnects and can run on data-centers the size of city blocks.

Post edited by TheMysteryIsThePoint on
This discussion has been closed.