AI is going to be our biggest game changer

Comments

• PerttiA said:

maikdecker said:

Masterstroke said:

I think of AI here as a system learning how human skin is moving over skelleton muscle tissue.
    Just like Deep Fake is learning, what an individual human face looks like.

Probably my biggest problem with all this discussion is, that most of described here doesn't really fit the name "AI", because it's just a "trained/learning algorithm", that still only does what it's told and what it's code allows it to do. So, quite artificial, but lacking in intelligence and most of all lacking consciousness/awareness. Y'know, the good old "I think, therefore I am"

My thoughts exactly...

A couple of weeks ago, my (young) boss sent me a link to a program meant for scheduling the different tasks in manufacturing process and he was thrilled to see what the advertised "AI" could do... First I went and banged my head to a concrete wall for a while, before answering... There is no AI there...

Sort of like the Block Chain, the company that wrote that software probably has an incentive to slap the AI moniker on every product they make. I'm sure it does drive sales.

But before Neural Nets, many things were called legitimately called AI, because while they were still algorithmic, but it could take that algorithm that is really very simple, but follow it with perfect precision for millions and millions of iterations extremely quickly, something humans obviously cannot do. So they can solve problems that a human could not because of purely practical considerations. That is, you don't need AI to solve a 2 x 2 Sudoku puzzle. But given enough time, an AI that is the same algorithm could solve a 2000 x 2000 Sudoku puzzle and it would be provable that the AI is eventually going to solve it.

Before Neural Nets the canonical first example in an Introduction to Artificial Intelligence course was likely to be the recursive algorithm that could solve The Tower of Hanoi problem or the depth-first search algorithm to solve that game where you have to slide the numbered tiles around to put them in ascending order when there's only one missing tile in the grid for you to maneuver with; I can't remember what that's called or if it even has a name.

So AI did not start with Neural Nets, and they did manage some pretty impressive feats that sometimes made them seem superhuman or magical.

• Let us not get into quasi-religious debates about AI in its various meanings, please.

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344

There are so many uses and potential uses of Artificial Intelligence for 2D and 3D image and video processing and art generation on Daz Studio content...

The combination of deep learning/machine learning, computer vision, object recognition, neural networks, GANs (generative adversarial networks), AI denoising, AI upscaling, AI image classification, audio-driven facial animation, NLP: natural language processing, speech AI, Transformers replacing CNNs and RNNs - Transformer Models that can translate text and speach in near real-time, image inpainting, real-time motion capture from video applied to 3d character rig, pose estimation, computational geometry, photogrammetry processing of just a few photos into a 3d model using neural rendering... Neural Radiance Fields: NeRF... using AI to generate 3D models — Getting started with NVIDIA Instant NeRF, NVIDIA Research AI demos: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/research/ai-demos/
    Control variates in NVIDIA Ray Tracing AI... Geometric Deep Learning looks really interesting.

In the near future, you'll be art directing A.I. with text prompts (or just speaking to it in a natural language) and describing the scene that you want it to generate.

Maybe one day we'll just talk to DAZ Studio, tell it all the content we want assembled in the scene, describing the rendering and lighting to be used, the colors and textures, the context for all the poses and camera angles. Maybe with some intelligence, our content libraries will be self-organizing systems. Maybe our renders will feed back into the system and maintain a consistent look of our work. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I think AI is very similar to evolutionary instincts. Instincts are just pre-programmed behaviour based off of statistical probabilities of past events. So I think calling AI, AI, is very relevant. 

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 911
    edited July 2022

Kaleb242 said:
    Maybe one day we'll just talk to DAZ Studio, tell it all the content we want assembled in the scene, describing the rendering and lighting to be used, the colors and textures, the context for all the poses and camera angles. Maybe with some intelligence, our content libraries will be self-organizing systems. Maybe our renders will feed back into the system and maintain a consistent look of our work. 

You can do that with the models today.  I doubt Daz would be enabling this type of AI powered workflow in Daz Studio without them changing their business model.

craiyon_222850_A_closeup_photograph_of_a_glass_of_water_on_a_black_marble_countertop__illuminated_by.png
    952 x 1189 - 1M
    Post edited by RobotHeadArt on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Richard Haseltine said:

Let us not get into quasi-religious debates about AI in its various meanings, please.

Exactly... as soon as arguments reach the "prove it doesn't exist" point it's time for me to leave the building...

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

they make good prop textures

You inspired me, Wendy. If you need something quick and dirty for something that the viewer is not really supposed to look at too closely, Midjourney is viable. Sorta, kinda.

https://youtu.be/ZAR4PTmMEMc

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,905
    edited July 2022

I am rendering backgrounds mostly in it too yes

you all can have this 

cave.png
    2048 x 1024 - 3M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WendyLuvsCatz said:

I am rendering backgrounds mostly in it too yes

you all can have this 

Ooh, that's a nice one, Wendy. We should have a contest where the objective is to guess what the text prompt was :)

When I have a minute, I want to make a mask for the stalagmite in the middle, and there's a plugin for Blender that will infer camera characteristics from a photo. All this because I so want to walk around in that image. Thank you for my new obssession, as if I needed a new obssession.

stalactite Stalagmite cave vr360 --w 2000 --h 1000

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

That was a tremendous help, Wendy, thank you! Where did you find out about all the command line options?

What does specifying vr360 do? I'm not sure I appreciated any difference.

TheMysteryIsThePoint said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

That was a tremendous help, Wendy, thank you! Where did you find out about all the command line options?

read discussions, mostly https://www.facebook.com/groups/midjourneyai

looked at other's prompts

and not what I hoped (Spherical lens) but seems closer to than without

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

read discussions, mostly https://www.facebook.com/groups/midjourneyai

looked at other's prompts

and not what I hoped (Spherical lens) but seems closer to than without

Thank you Wendy, I joined. Some really good stuff in there.

I have reached my limit

also

I hope they leave Discord and get a Dedicated Secure Website with Paypal as an Option 

my bank balance doesn't share my views, my cards have all barricaded themselves in my wallet, I still manage to scrounge coins daily for DAZ though cheeky

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

I have reached my limit

also

I hope they leave Discord and get a Dedicated Secure Website with Paypal as an Option 

my bank balance doesn't share my views, my cards have all barricaded themselves in my wallet, I still manage to scrounge coins daily for DAZ though cheeky

Agreed; a dedicated webapp would be nice, with a better interface for doing this type of thing. Working with multiple version of images just does not fit the metaphor of a top-to-bottom conversation.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,167

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I have reached my limit

Have you tried that advertised "/relax" which reputedly gives you extra goes? Or doesn't it work?

MelanieL said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I have reached my limit

Have you tried that advertised "/relax" which reputedly gives you extra goes? Or doesn't it work?

only on $30mth or more

I have added $5 of metered top up now as some credit left on my Visa giftcard 

edited August 2022

...and

I almost can do spherical renders in Midjourney

prompt garden Ricoh Theta-S equirectangular vr360 --h 1000 --w 2000

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10225986887972796&set=pcb.10225986889052823

wendyluvscatz_garden_Ricoh_Theta-S_equirectangular_vr360.jpg
    2048 x 1024 - 492K
  • AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 406
    edited August 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

...and

I almost can do spherical renders in Midjourney

prompt garden Ricoh Theta-S equirectangular vr360 --h 1000 --w 2000

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10225986887972796&set=pcb.10225986889052823

Oh wow I must remember that prompt. I've been totally hooked on Midjourney and would love to get a HDRi out of MJ. 

Thank you for sharing :)

Anita

Post edited by Amaranth on

yours look great yes

as long as one obscures the seam with something thet should work, Gimp can save as HDR

edited August 2022

this may address some concerns about copyright and usage

disclaimer: I am not a lawyer

https://www.theregister.com/2022/08/01/david_holz_midjourney/?fbclid=IwAR2uSxJ0BCcfn9iUTdI4p7rRa0MUFJ1VpEA2Tz3F6Mieyw7Ap_BIVkAuV8Y

• inception8inception8 Posts: 280
    edited August 2022

By far Midjourney spits out some of the most interersting to date and another potential is Disco Diffusion which takes some DIY to set up.

Staying on topic. If used as just another tool it's certainly very possible.

Using Midjourney for concepts to create ART in Blender -

[MECHDUSA] A.I. Art + Photoshop | Photobash Timelapse -

Using Midjourney to create concept art for 3D models -

Post edited by inception8 on

accepted into Dall-E 2

make art button indeed surprise

WendyLuvsCatz said:

accepted into Dall-E 2

make art button indeed surprise

Somehow these pictures remind me of Cecilia Giménez's attempt to restore the "Ecce Homo" picture in the Sanctuary of Mercy church in Borja, Spain.

When looking at them, I'd ask myself: Did the artist intend to look like this?

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985

There is that other program from Nvidia called Nvidia Canvas, that does some interesting things for 2d images..

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,642

Most of the stuff shown in this thread only provides me one syllable for description. That's "Ew." If this is the future of art, you can have it. It's garbage.

• TheMysteryIsThePointTheMysteryIsThePoint Posts: 2,891
    edited August 2022

Torquinox said:

Most of the stuff shown in this thread only provides me one syllable for description. That's "Ew." If this is the future of art, you can have it. It's garbage.

The future isn't a single distinct destination when at some point we can say "We're here, we're in the future...", and so the point it not about what the current state of the art is, but its trajectory. I've noticed that the people who participate in or follow technology understand this better and are more excited about it. When you've seen the faces generated by MJ v2 and you compare them to MJ v3 today, you really have to wonder what v4 is going to be like. We'll have to revisit this in six months, and then again in another six months, ad infinitum.

I am also reminded of that funny line from the movie JFK when Jim Garrison says that his dog is not very smart because he could still win two games out of three against the dog at chess. Some are completely missing the point that a computer synthesized an image from a text prompt in a matter of seconds, and instead focus on its imperfections as if the pace of improvement were not as incredible as the technology itself.

Post edited by TheMysteryIsThePoint on

... Some are completely missing the point that
    a computer synthesized an image from a text prompt in a matter of seconds, and instead focus on its imperfections as if the pace of improvement were not as incredible as the technology itself.

Am I now supposed to congratulate the program, that managed to do this task, or maybe rather the programmer(s) who managed to produce it's sourcecode?

But of course you are right. People who work with computers for, like, 40 years or so, probably have a totally perspective about these "leaps in computer evolution". From my other hobby, strategical combat simulations, I can declare, that in that area nothing that would deserve the distinction "AI" exists. Artificial, yes, but intelligent not so much. Most strategy games still have to fall back to having the computer controlled player cheat to offer a somewhat interesting gameplay. The more details are involved in a game, the less intelligent the "AI" acts.

So between trying to emulate a human being in a strategic game and searching the internet and putting some pictures together to fit a short description by a human user... still a looooong way to go for the "intelligence" part.

edited August 2022

I can really only show some of mine and apparently nobody can reach the Facebook group I linked with the cool suffsblush by others

my subscription has expired 

but here are some, mine are quite lame compared to others

forum lost half my uploadsangry

wendyluvscatz_trolls_at_marketplace_horror_foods_produce_d83292a4-e28a-41fd-b911-eacb116b8caa.png
    2816 x 768 - 4M
    wendyluvscatz_seven_deadly_sins_cats_74748801-742d-4f8d-9e15-e4559095afda.png
    1792 x 1024 - 3M
    rivendale (3).png
    2048 x 1024 - 3M
    rivendale (2).png
    2048 x 1024 - 3M
    rivendale (1).png
    2048 x 1024 - 2M
    wendyluvscatz_butterfly_magical_symmetrical_symmetry_flower_bou_0b361303-ffbf-4141-8bf4-d25aadf325bd.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    wendyluvscatz_inside_amethyst_geode_8cdd8061-03c8-4f47-b5d6-19a04f577ee2.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    wendyluvscatz_alien_monster_anatomy_detailed_fullcolor_97d8b9f0-1bdf-4529-aabc-961882a6e79c.png
    1536 x 1536 - 4M
    deepsea (16).png
    1024 x 1024 - 872K
    wendyluvscatz_steampunk_workshop_Ricoh_Theta-S_equirectangular__59c9b1f6-0c00-4a61-943c-b0d63056c8fd.png
    2048 x 1024 - 3M
    NYC (2).png
    1792 x 1024 - 3M
    wendyluvscatz_nebula_stars_galaxies_360_spherical_panorama_seam_d967f879-76f7-4f5f-bdce-1b47b318a961.png
    2304 x 1152 - 3M

try again

wendyluvscatz_seven_deadly_sins_w_192_--h_108_3fbb67fb-59e7-43b0-89bf-1a29a0a7583d.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    wendyluvscatz_nepenthe_pitcherplant_fairies_bb37370e-0e46-470e-877a-4ea8b53649ad.png
    2048 x 1024 - 4M
    wendyluvscatz_steampunk_workshop_spherical-fisheye-lens_Ricoh_T_c09c9e99-9c8e-4c69-8e6f-2ed0835ac09f.png
    2048 x 1024 - 2M
    wendyluvscatz_steampunk_factory_8fce6df2-477c-46cc-a389-621e4ac9fa2c.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    wendyluvscatz_steampunk_factory_interior_d3f897f0-588b-4238-a22d-2296e2f5e1e1.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    wendyluvscatz_angels_around_the_heavenly_throne_detailed_c35777bc-6de8-4e4e-86a9-feef7a4dc22a.png
    2304 x 1152 - 4M
    wendyluvscatz_magic_herbs_illustration_75292016-1bfe-4d9c-abe3-c65e78b7ef38.png
    1024 x 1536 - 2M
This discussion has been closed.