Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.15.0.30! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• mikmodmikmod Posts: 65
    edited August 2021

DoctorJellybean said:

mikmod said:

DoctorJellybean said:

mikmod said:

Ekhm, it's actually either a graft from Meipex, or even the one given with Michael 8 Pro. There are shells on them and they've been saved as wearables though. Then an attempt to load such figure, or to load the wearable with figure selected will lock up this version of DS, hovewer, it will not lock up when only wearable/graft is loaded alone in the empty scene. I didn't try to load such wearable without having figure selected, yet.

Well, I've tried Michael 8 and his graft, no problem with that. Nor with the other one you mentioned.

If you load Michael 8, and then the graft, does it load? You mention saved as wearables.

Yes, all it takes is to save the graft as wearable, while it's being "fitted" to figure, and then remove the graft, and then, while M8 is selected, to load that wearable on him. Lock up, endless waiting.

But also just loading the Michael 8, and then his "attachment" locks this beta. No crash. User Mart1n71 also mentioned this, in post #94. Something's not right with loading grafts. I have no such problems with DS 4.15.0.14 beta.

I'm using latest (471.68) NVidia Studio driver for RTX 3090, if it helps.

The only crash I had with this beta DS happens with latest Octane renderer test plugin, at exit, but I had it disabled to be sure it's not the plugin causing this.

About second DAZStudio.exe process - it appears, when Windows saves dump with WerFault.exe from forcing-closing hanged DS application by OS. No such thing will occur if I kill DS with Process Hacker though.

Please try the following: uninstall Octane (remove it from the plugin directory, or rename the file extension so it does not load so that there is no possibility of it having any influence), whilst DS is closed. Then try M8 and the graft again.

OK, plugin removed! Michael 8 loaded, now the "attachment" from the Anatomy folder... hang. Unfortunately.

Just as on the picture. The "attachment" mesh never appears, but I covered it anyway. :)

When I click either on the background, or the little loading window, "(not responding)" appears, as expected. I don't have this problem with the VERY same files in DS 4.15.0.14 beta. Everything works as expected. I'll roll back to the previous beta then. :)

PS. One thing - I DO NOT use beta version of the PostgreSQL CMS and never had to - should I install it as well?

2021-08-24_01h05_36.jpg
    2334 x 1046 - 1M
    Post edited by mikmod on
  • jbowlerjbowler Posts: 745

mikmod said:

PS. One thing - I DO NOT use beta version of the PostgreSQL CMS and never had to - should I install it as well?

I believe they are currently the same; the two packages 18868-02 and 18869-02 do have different checksums but the date on the packages is almost identical:

<InstallerDate VALUE="2014-05-08T16:45:26Z"/>
     <InstallerDate VALUE="2014-05-08T16:40:48Z"/>

However ever since the first time I downloaded the beta (2018-06-04) I've used the beta and hidden the release version (I still download it, it's just hidden in the 'install' list); it just seems safer that way just in case a beta DAZ Studio has a requirement for a Postgre bug fix.

• mikmod said:

No, all the release channels are the same.

• @mikmod: Could you please load M8 (or any G8 Male) and the attached wearable, and let us know what happens.

Thanks

duf
    duf
    Wearable.duf

DoctorJellybean said:

@mikmod: Could you please load M8 (or any G8 Male) and the attached wearable, and let us know what happens.

Thanks

Sure!

Trying now!

jbowler said:

mikmod said:

I believe they are currently the same; the two packages 18868-02 and 18869-02 do have different checksums but the date on the packages is almost identical:

<InstallerDate VALUE="2014-05-08T16:45:26Z"/>
     <InstallerDate VALUE="2014-05-08T16:40:48Z"/>

However ever since the first time I downloaded the beta (2018-06-04) I've used the beta and hidden the release version (I still download it, it's just hidden in the 'install' list); it just seems safer that way just in case a beta DAZ Studio has a requirement for a Postgre bug fix.

Thank you for the explanation! I was always curious about the difference between the two packages. :)

edited August 2021

DoctorJellybean said:

@mikmod: Could you please load M8 (or any G8 Male) and the attached wearable, and let us know what happens.

Thanks

Tried - it's the same, DS 4.15.0.26 freezes with no mesh appearing on G8M. I have a feeling this version goes into some kind of infinite loop somewhere during loading a wearable/graft.

I saw something like this in the log however:

2021-08-24 18:54:51.363 Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 8 Male/Wearables/d3e86f6e1dcc1a4544ea22e8bbcb9c.duf2021-08-24 18:54:51.804 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5848): Could not find parent for modifier: incline.2021-08-24 18:54:51.804 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1672): Failed to prepare modifier: incline!2021-08-24 18:54:51.813 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1683): Failed to create modifier: incline!

Second attempt:

2021-08-24 19:08:15.616 Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 8 Male/Wearables/d3e86f6e1dcc1a4544ea22e8bbcb9c.duf2021-08-24 19:08:16.407 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5848): Could not find parent for modifier: incline.

...and then a freeze, like usual. The "freeze" is actually influencing other applications as well (like Total Commander or Notepad++ with open DS log file), which is a bit, well, interesting. Once I kill DS, freeze goes away.

This "incline" error doesn't matter for previous beta DS, 4.15.0.14 - attachments load fine. :)

Post edited by mikmod on
    edited August 2021

I'll include two morphs (both ERC'ed) for the attachment, one old and depended on other morphs and might not work for you (shape.dsf, causes this "incline" error), and other, which I revised today in ZBrush and it's independent (shape_new.dsf) - maybe this will help you pinpoint the cause? Both files go into /Morphs folder of that attachment.

zip
    zip
    shape and shape_new.zip
    Post edited by mikmod on
  • Hay! I did not update the beta one more time ... however both the beta I do have AND the D/S 4.15 are closing Hexagon!!! Should not be doing that!

Open D/S, make a cube or something, send it over the bridge to Hexagon - close D/S. Hexagon goes "poof" as well. It's in D/S's log - it is closing Hexagon. Do NOT want that happening.

abbrev. log file

2021-08-24 14:44:25.628 Deleting Action Manager...
    2021-08-24 14:44:25.629 DEBUG: End DAZ Studio to Hexagon Bridge log...
    2021-08-24 14:44:25.629 WARNING: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
    2021-08-24 14:44:25.701 Deleting Pane Manager...

• @mikmod: What do you have Edit > Preferences... (F2) > Content > Replacement Management set to? And are you running CMS?

• I installed the second beta of the recently released Mac version. The scene file save speed has been normalized. However, if I try to modify the surface, the application will shut down.

• wooridoori said:

I installed the second beta of the recently released Mac version. The scene file save speed has been normalized. However, if I try to modify the surface, the application will shut down.

I think it was shut down when I tried to change the color of the surface. 

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,948
    edited August 2021

Great, filament no longer works for me in this version... frown I'm using the windows version BTW...

And yes, the node is loaded in the scene!

EDIT: Nevermind, I actually installed the Beta when I had studio running!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • DarkendDarkend Posts: 20

Saxa -- SD said:

Sergoyeles said:

Lothar Weber said:

Tried 4.15.0.25 Beta too.

Win10 64bit, same issue as Saxa. Saved scene stuck at "TearProjectionShape.dsf"

Please give me the 4.15.0.14 back - me stupid didn't saved it.

I tried 4.15.0.26 and I still have this problem

Checked the changelog and didn't see any fixes directly related to morphs and saved scenes.   So never tried 0.26.  Will wait or until others say all good again.

@icecreamdude  never bought or updated to 8.1. so even my DIM shows newer G8 base, F, M updates as unloaded. Prefer less potential conflicts.  So no G8.1 morphs or 2nd folders.  So unless back mechanics for morphs changed from working 0.14 to non-working DS 0.25 requiring now G8.1 even if not used?

Exact same problem, and thank you for writing that. Same "TearProjectionShape.dsf" issue on my end. Have reinstalled the new beta (I didn't save the old), restared, same problem. Daz hangs, never finishes loading (1 hr wait). Uninstalled and installed the vanila version of Daz3d 4.15 (non-beta). My stuff now loads. A bit disapointed and the first time I have stopped using the beta intentionally to go back to vanila daz3d ever. Will continue to use vanilla probably until the next beta version.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,980
    edited August 2021

@mikmod

and anyone else who is having the hang issues, please try the following:

1. Create a new/empty scene (with no "On Launch" or "On New" load file)
    2. Load Genesis 8 Male Genitalia
    3. Select none (so the next step doesn't attempt to fit-to)
    4. Load Genesis 8 Basic Male
    5. Fit Genesis 8 Male Genitalia to Genesis 8 Basic Male

Separately...

Load Zale/Coral/Torment 8.1 (or something else with a GeoGraft that has its own skeleton/bones and is a non-genital figure).

Any hangs on either or both of the tests?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

DoctorJellybean said:

@mikmod: What do you have Edit > Preferences... (F2) > Content > Replacement Management set to? And are you running CMS?

Yes, or at least I'm sure it's working, since I see corresponding processes in Process Hacker. Until this beta (4.15.0.26) using grafts/attachments wasn't an issue at all. :)

I have this option checked:

2021-08-25_22h05_06.png
    1115 x 1038 - 133K

Darkend said:

Saxa -- SD said:

Sergoyeles said:

Lothar Weber said:

Checked the changelog and didn't see any fixes directly related to morphs and saved scenes.   So never tried 0.26.  Will wait or until others say all good again.

@icecreamdude  never bought or updated to 8.1. so even my DIM shows newer G8 base, F, M updates as unloaded. Prefer less potential conflicts.  So no G8.1 morphs or 2nd folders.  So unless back mechanics for morphs changed from working 0.14 to non-working DS 0.25 requiring now G8.1 even if not used?

Exact same problem, and thank you for writing that. Same "TearProjectionShape.dsf" issue on my end. Have reinstalled the new beta (I didn't save the old), restared, same problem. Daz hangs, never finishes loading (1 hr wait). Uninstalled and installed the vanila version of Daz3d 4.15 (non-beta). My stuff now loads. A bit disapointed and the first time I have stopped using the beta intentionally to go back to vanila daz3d ever. Will continue to use vanilla probably until the next beta version.

I have saved 4.15.0.14 beta installer as DIM ZIP file - would you like the MEGA link?

• mikmod said:

I have saved 4.15.0.14 beta installer as DIM ZIP file - would you like the MEGA link?

Older installers can only be obtained by asking Customer Services.

edited August 2021

DoctorJellybean said:

@mikmod

Separately...

Load Zale/Coral/Torment 8.1 (or something else with a GeoGraft that has its own skeleton/bones and is a non-genital figure).

The hang occured when current (4.15.0.26) beta attempts to fit-to the attachment (figure first, attachment later or together, as scene asset). Loading this attachment without G8M selected work fine, as loading the attachment alone to the scene.

The way you described in those 5 points works - no lockup! Also, now, also normal figure-with-graft loading seems to work again!

The only thing that changed since last time (1.5 day back) is that I fixed that one morph I sent you here, in the previous post  on this page. That might be the lead for you to fix it!

Post edited by mikmod on
    edited August 2021

DoctorJellybean said:

mikmod said:

Older installers can only be obtained by asking Customer Services.

Wouldn't be better to allow public beta testers to choose the beta version within the DIM? And safer, too (not having to search the net for them). Of course, if it's not the problem or licensing issues?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

mikmod said:

DoctorJellybean said:

@mikmod

Separately...

The hang occured when current (4.15.0.26) beta attempts to fit-to the attachment (figure first, attachment later or together, as scene asset). Loading this attachment without G8M selected work fine, as loading the attachment alone to the scene.

The way you described in those 5 points works - no lockup! Also, now, also normal figure-with-graft loading seems to work again!

The only thing that changed since last time (1.5 day back) is that I fixed that one morph I sent you here, in the previous post  on this page. That might be the lead for you to fix it!

Thank you for not only testing this and finding this problem, but also sticking with us to try things to help us figure out what could be causing it. 

I was pushing for the Studio team to release this version as the general-release, but thanks to testers like you that found this issue we managed to avoid breaking this for everyone. So far we have still not been able to reproduce this issue internally or among any of our internal beta test group, so thank you for continuing to work with us on trying to track this down.

DAZ_Rawb said:

mikmod said:

DoctorJellybean said:

@mikmod

Separately...

Thank you for not only testing this and finding this problem, but also sticking with us to try things to help us figure out what could be causing it. 

I was pushing for the Studio team to release this version as the general-release, but thanks to testers like you that found this issue we managed to avoid breaking this for everyone. So far we have still not been able to reproduce this issue internally or among any of our internal beta test group, so thank you for continuing to work with us on trying to track this down.

You're absolutely welcome! I'm glad I could help! The leads which could help the team in finding the cause of the issue might be in the scraps of logs I put here (this "failed to prepare/create modifier: incline" log line) and in those two morphs for the G8M Gen attachment.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

DAZ_Rawb said:

mikmod said:

DoctorJellybean said:

@mikmod

Separately...

It's not totally fixed yet. Add another G8M to that scene and it will lock up.
    edited August 2021

Male-M3dia said:

DAZ_Rawb said:

mikmod said:

DoctorJellybean said:

@mikmod

Separately...

For now, I added older G3M with a graft and clothes to the existing G8M with a graft - no issue. Next then, I'll add another G8M!

Edit: It loaded! Those are resource-heavy figures, I spared no expense on them - all use HD morphs and have "previewed" hair strands. 

Post edited by mikmod on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,980
    edited August 2021

Male-M3dia said:

Nobody said it was fixed.

We are working to isolate the root cause so that it (and not just a symptom) can be fixed - and that root cause is not currently looking to be what you think it is. You have to remember/understand that the log is buffered - the last line you see before you force-quit the application is not necessarily the last thing that was logged, there may be more in the buffer that didn't flush/write to the log.

That is why we provide directions for a test, so that we can try and narrow the cause of the issue down.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

mikmod said:

Male-M3dia said:

DAZ_Rawb said:

mikmod said:

DoctorJellybean said:

@mikmod

Separately...

For now, I added older G3M with a graft and clothes to the existing G8M with a graft - no issue. Next then, I'll add another G8M!

Edit: It loaded! Those are resource-heavy figures, I spared no expense on them - all use HD morphs and have "previewed" hair strands. 

Mine locked at the 2nd G8M... so I'm working with the non-beta until this is resolved.
    edited August 2021

Indeed, there's still something, cause now this beta hangs just at the end of loading the grafted figure.

I stil can load wearable onto G8M, but can't load the figure with such attachment.

2021-08-26_00h23_25.png
    762 x 674 - 945K
    Post edited by mikmod on
  • DarkendDarkend Posts: 20

mikmod said:

Darkend said:

Saxa -- SD said:

Sergoyeles said:

Lothar Weber said:

I love the beta, but my workload on unrelated projects pretty much sais that if I'm able to create and render, I'll be fine with the vanilla until I have the time, by which I would imagine the beta is back to normal. Thank you though!

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited August 2021

new *.28 beta worked now for my saved duf file with geografts/geoshells and lotsa morphs.  So that particular saved file worked (that did not with .26).

update/edit: 3 G8 figures with geografts via save now tested and load-worked.

Timed it, and the time to delete defaultscene & load morphs and scene was both 2min13sec +-.   Timed it cos msg times for del first scene seemed to last much longer, but in the end, the time was almost same.

Thanx for fix.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • @mikmod: Please try the update (4.15.0.28) and let us know the outcome.