Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Hello I am Jim.   I am looking to use DAZ3d to make some short comics.  Mainly science fiction based.   I would also like to animate some Grimm's Fariy Tales.

• Hello.

I am Darian, doing business as gride the cartoonist and representing central Indiana.

My artistic inspirations come from manga, anime, comic books, movies, television, songs, novels, short stories and video games.

Favorite food? I don't really have one. I like my food the same as I like my music: I give every type a chance. I believe variety is the spice of life, so I love a huge number of choices.

What makes me unique? I don't know, I learn and adapt quickly? lol

Current favorite 3D CG apps are Daz Studio and Blender. Been doing some things I hadn't done before with those.

Thank you for having me. I hope to talk with you all soon. 

• Bushy-DoeBushy-Doe Posts: 9
    edited August 2022

Hello,

Name: Bushy-Doe

Have been a lurker here for about 10 years or more, give or take. I began working in Poser in the early 2000's and after a hard drive burnout, restarted rendering in DS.

Art Bio: I paint acrylic portraits every now and then, but haven't painted in more than a year due to pandemic cabin-fever stress.

I've toyed with the idea of starting a Webtoon manga, but being a writer and illustrator for a book leads to a sickly Mangaka, so I've considered otherwise. Currently working on an IG project, but have been trying to fine tune a Genesis model for the last few months, so I haven't had time for traditinal art or writing.

Actualy, the lurking coment isn't entirely true... I've tried to post a thread previously, but it's been in draft-limbo, unapproved for over a week now sad

Post edited by Bushy-Doe on
  • Hello everyone,

I am (BlenderSith), but mainly known as (CyberSorcerer) on the internet. I'm involved in kinda many things because I'm old, have been self-employed for the past 20 years, and just enjoying life. I'm mainly a Blender nut, as my name implies, but I'm getting into Daz for the character modeling mainly.

I learning Daz now but I should pick it up pretty quick with my knowledge already in 3D and Blender. That's about it for now, I could write more "and usually do" but I don't want to bore everyone with a novel so I have no sought I'll be introduced to people as time goes on.

Talk to yall soon.

• Hi! My name is Don and I'm a DS addict.

Wait wrong group!

When I discovered that people were making wonderful promects I was intrigued. I'm nearing retirement age and I have long wanted to return to / take up new artistic pursuits during that time. My fist priority is learning how to tell a good story through the visual medium, and the second is hoping that people find it good enough to support.

My first endeavors are a couple of visual novels, but as time goes on, I hope to expand my skill base.

• My name is Bryce...yes really.

I'm a computer nerd by trade.  I enjoy photography as a hobby, and particularly enjoyed model photography.  I took a look at Daz about 10 years ago or so, and thought it was okay, but didn't offer the realism that I was looking for at the time.  Only recently I found it again, and was floored at how realistic and detailed things could be.

I really want to get into visual novels, since writing is also one of my hobbies, and I've found many times with my writing I'd want to show something visually more than just describe it on page.

I'm still learning the ropes and building my skills in the product and hope to achieve my dreams.

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

I'm WESeib.  I have no artistic ability whatsoever.  I'm a database developer to pay the bills.

I downloaded Daz3d for two reasons.  

1. I would like to make a custom avatar for VR purposes

2. I'd like to make kick ass renders for my D&D group.

So, I investigated both 1 and 2.  I downloaded Daz a month ago and have been playing with the incuded models in it.  I was told to wait until things go on Sale and I am very glad I did.  I went carried away - stupid and spent about $1000 on all kinds of stuff to include their interactive licenses should I want to use it in (1).  Most of it I have just for renders.  I didn't buy the licenses for lighting or poses, but I did for everything else, to include terrain, just in case I want to do something other than make a render with it.  Maybe I want to wander around the terrain in VR?  I'm not even sure if that is possible yet without a ton of work bringing a terrain into Unity?

I have no idea about any of this stuff.... yet.

I'm watching videos and learning.  Learning a lot.

I have a lot of time over the holidays to play and learn.

For (1) These are the subjects I am researching - Decimating, Blender, and Unity

For (2) I'm watching a ton of videos on lighting.  The lighting kinda fascinates me as it seems to be "The Bones" for a good render.

• Hello,  I haven't used any 3D software since messing with V4 in poser years ago.  Looking forward to getting back into it with Daz Studio!

• Hello fellow 3D artists,  I'm Linda and I love Digital ART!

• Hi everyone,

My name is Dave, full-time pro photographer, Mac user, and only been using Daz for a couple of months.

Influences? I like creating images that imply a narrative, sometimes looking like stills from a movie, and usually lit in a photographic/cinematic way.

I have been incredibly impressed with the forums here, the expertise and generosity of spirit of the experts leaves me breathless (and hugely informed).

Oh, and I miss Bryce on a daily basis...spent hours and hours with it back in the day...

• Hello, I've been tinkering with Daz for a bit over a month now, climbing the steep learning curve. I have many, many ideas...

• My name is Kevin. I'm 61, and forced into retirement by bad health. My first 3d playtoy was Asymetrix Web3D which lead me to Daz, Zbrush, and Rhino 3d. I do this as a hobby now, but, with about 40 years in IT, and photography has really helped conceptually with Daz (although -- cough .. database.. cough) I focus more on prehistoric (pleistoscene and pre-Tertiary dinos and Reptiles) as well as the spooky and darker stuff (all the classic horror monsters etc.) I would like to extend a personal thanks to all the contributors of information here because I've learned more in these forums than in any documentation I have read. I would gladly help anyone in need with whatever information I would have of interest. Thanks to everyone for the constant flow of great information. Daz should be paying you to create tutorials with all of your acquired knowledge.

• Hello all, my name is Bintang from Indonesia. i have to say a lot of thanks to DAZ3d, now i am learning this software by watching youtube videos.

my weak pc specs:

• amd a10-7800 (integrated gpu for display) and very slow for physic simulation.
    • ddr3 2x8gb 1600
    • gtx 750ti 2gb (for rendering)

i hope can buy more powerful  gpu, so i don't need to resizing the 4000px materials to 2000px

this is my 10mins rendering:

sorry for my bad english.

Screenshot_2022-01-24-09-03-30.png
    1080 x 1920 - 2M
  • Hi there, I'm Julia. I've created digital 2D art for about 17 years now and finally got fed up with using model stock images, it's so restricting and so hard to find the right poses and expressions. That's when I stumbled over Daz. I waited impatiently for it to arrive for M1 Mac and now I finally found the time to get started.
    I mostly design fantasy art and focusing on book cover designs.

• hi, im Boris. just started, in an elderly age, but exited to learn. i would apreciate any help, or support. great! very pleased with the beginers lessons. cant import 3rd party yet, but ill learn

• DAZ_ann0314 said: Hello I´m HD.Art from old Germany.

I try to start with DAZ 3D and mix it up with my own CAD construction.

Retiered now, I´ll go to excercied my Brain.

A Problem is, the DAZCentral is loading and loading and loading ..... and nothing happens  {:-(

• cyclops08cyclops08 Posts: 15

Hello, I just downloaded DAZ but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. What I want to do is tell simple stories. I want the girls to be gorgeous and busty. I have seen some awesome renders on another site that uses a Victoria body, Mayra. Now G8 is another body type...are these two compatable? Can a G8 body morph work with a Victoria model? or clothing?

If, not are there G8 renders as good as Victoria? I haven't found any yet. I did see a listing of about 20 models on the DAZ catologue. am I looking in the wrong place?

I would love to buy a finished model tinker a bit with the body, and start telling stories.

also I need villains and I can't find Nazis anywhere. No one cares when you shoot a nazi. They are the perfect villain. I hope PC concerns didn't kill off the WWII genre. I'm at a loss for a good replacement villian

• Hello everyone,

My name is Sabrina and it would be great if somebody could give me a few tips how to get the best results out of D|S :D

Several years back, I had to stop dabbling with Poser and only started again recently. DAZ Studio is kind of new to me and I am still trying to make sense of the tutorials. There is one thing that I haven't been able to figure out: While I am able to use old content that DAZ Central conveniently downloaded and imported, I can't get a specific scene to render. Other items and scenes render without issues. The item in question is Winter Kingdom: Castle Ruins (08.2011). I've tried loading it, then just pressed 'render'. The system shows it's doing several passes but the render window remains black. All props are visible as wire mesh etc. I thought it might be the camera position and zoomed out but it was the same result.

Anyone have an idea why this happens?

Thanks,

Sabrina

• Hi, I am VERY new to DAZ. 

While searching for a dress to buy I also found a hair style and female character I'd like to have, but, have no

idea how to identify them. I have attached an image with the Genesis character and the hair. Ant help identifying them will be

greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,175

lookythis514 said:

Hi, I am VERY new to DAZ. 

While searching for a dress to buy I also found a hair style and female character I'd like to have, but, have no

idea how to identify them. I have attached an image with the Genesis character and the hair. Ant help identifying them will be

greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Which? It would be better to post a new thread in Product Suggestions, though it would also be a good idea to search for the name of the product they feature in as someone may already have asked and been answered.

• Hi everyone, 

My name is Hugo, I'm a 3d artist based at Montreal. I have been using Daz for quite a long time but only for basic stuff. I keen to learn more from the communuty. thanks for having me! 

• Hi guys! this is my first time playing about with DAZ 3d hope you like the results 

cat women.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • tbok1992tbok1992 Posts: 0

Heyas, I'm Tom, autistic NEET, 30 years old, I do a lot of photomanipulation stuff and was mainly wanting to use DAZ to make material for my photomanipulation stuff or, god forbid, to make full-on scenes!

My interests include worldbuilding and the creative commons/Open Source Characters (Which is related to what I want to use those renders for), and the sort of stuff I like to make in DAZ tends towards the fantastical and surreal!

• Cobalt42Cobalt42 Posts: 26

Hello. I'm James. Been enjoying DAZ 3D for 11 years now. Been nosing around the forums for a while so I thought I would take the plunge and really see what's up. So hopefully I'm in the right place and doing the right thing.

• Hello to all out there, My name is Halcon Bluesky, I have some experience with IT.

Previously I used some of the software for graphics like Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw, PaintShopPro.

Now I am using GIMP, Paint.net and just a few weeks ago I have ventured into Daz Studio.

The software is impresive, but a big learning curve to get aquainted with that.

I hope to learn and use all the features, I believe this software has a great potential to do great things, just anxious to master it.

I would like to get some tips and tricks how to use it efficiently without doing silly mistakes.

• jarnn4jarnn4 Posts: 1

Hi, I go by Badtiger.

Originally from Texas but live in San Diego currently. I started with Daz and Poser back in 2008 but left the community in 2012 and took a 10 year break due to career changes, college, and just life. I am back and really glad to see a lot of nice changes, but dforce is driving me crazy - especially the hair. I have more time now to work on two graphic novel series I write as well as a tabletop sandbox game called' "Legends of Tyrjorne". 

When I first started I primarily used Poser and Vue, but now I prefer to use Daz over the P word. Lots changed over 10 years and I have lots of catching up to do.

I have attached a small render: Nurnel the Grifter, aka, Nurnel the Promoter and his pit fighter, Garka the half-orc. I am glad to be back and Daz lets me bring my writing to life. Amazing!

Nurnel the Grifter - aka - Nurnel the Promoter and Garka the Pit Fighter.jpg
    1280 x 1280 - 64K
  • adriaadria Posts: 3

Hi everyone! I've been using Daz for a couple of years now but have been too shy to say hi. So -- here's a belated hello. Nice to meet you!

• mald314mald314 Posts: 1

Hello.  I'm Mike.  And I'm hoping I can be comfortable in using DAZ here.

• dave_in_tenndave_in_tenn Posts: 14
    edited August 2022
    Hello all. My name is Dave, but I have many monikers in music, fiction, and social media. I got into DAZ initially to try to illustrate an unpunished short novel. A picture is alleged to be worth 1000 words, after all. The intended audience is YA. Since then I am leaning more towards the graphic novel format, but at present I am learning as much as I can by doing as much as I can. And having plenty of fun in the process. It's gratifying to recognize my own progress as what I can create becomes more interesting to look at. I'm also interested in creating music videos. Short scenes and fast cuts seem well suited to the software and my hardware. Not quitting my day job just yet,though. Happy rendering.
    Post edited by dave_in_tenn on
  • taakemtaakem Posts: 2

Hi!    I had a small try,only.   Good By!