Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Where was the Quickstart you clicked on? I think you may have opened a scene file that shows where you end up following the initial guided tutorial.

• Greetings, I'm Muhammet Berkay Kırnıt buy you can call me Berk. I'm from Turkey. 19 years old. I am a new game developer. Here I will exchange a lot of information with you. Of course, I will learn a lot from you for a long time. Thank you all in advance.

• Hello, my name is Freddy Cee, and I am an artist and a musician. I am trying to complete a video using Blenders Auto Rig Pro. But I don't know exactly how to use it. I have it installed into Blender correctly, and I use the Blender Bridge from Daz Studio. Which to me is the best at Character creation from day one. I used to have IClone, but I somehow lost the program and stumbled across Daz Studio. It was so incredible that I could not believe it was free. I was almost afraid to use it. And everything I thought of and wished that it could do. It did!! I love the program and all of the characters. But the animation and rendering was always a problem, that is why I wanted to use Blender. And if I could find a video from somewhere that could explain to me how to rig my characters for animation that would be wonderful. Thank you to every one of the staff members and tech engineers at Daz Studio!! Keep up the good work.

• DodgerDodger Posts: 304

Hello. I am Dodger.

I used to be well known. I was the lightsabre guy.
    Then I was controversial or something.
    Now I'm just old but I'm starting to make DAZ content.

• Hi, I'm a Nicolas, I make jewelry and I find that Daz is cool to present them.

• My name is Alex from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. I go by the name Female Bosmer Always on my DeviantART and my Patreon. I am here because I enjoy digital art and want to learn from the best there is. For the past couple of years, make that 3.5 years, I have been in a doldrums mentally & emotionally after having someone very near and dear to me. That is, until I met a trio of talented artists on TG Comics and on DeviantART as well. I'm talking about Melissa N, Becky/Squidz TG.

And of course, my greatest muse and inspiration Emory Ahlberg herself. Emory really helped to pull me out of my doldrums and get myself in order when I read Jack and Jill on TG Comics, especially Holly's Tale which really brought me to tears abut also emboldened me to get my life together. After reading Holly's sad but also inspiring tale of how she gained strengths from her suffering I was inspired and I started to aspire. I'm a complete newbie and hope to find a community here that'll help my  skill bloom like those my mu muses mentioned above.

• Hello .there . 

• KrisBaiKrisBai Posts: 8

Hello to all, newbie to Daz Studio, Kris is the handle. 

Love trying my hand at random figures, posing them etc.

Here to learn a few things to imrove on what my old fingers can do.

• Greetings to all! Call me Rumple. I've been tinkering with Daz for about 3 months and I'm here to ask some more advanced questions that I can't find in any tutorial or masterclass video.

I used to be an animator in the early days of 3DStudio Max, so I have pretty deep knowledge of how 3D graphics work. I understand a lot of the quirky under-the-hood fundamentals that I imagine would be completely lost on newcomers. That said, I had not touched any 3D software in nearly 15 years and it's honestly been awesome to see how far we have come. People starting out in Daz now have no idea how easy this program makes certain things. No matter how complex it may seem at first, the system is doing so much heavy lifting for you that used to painfully manual! Of course 3DSMax had a lot of QOL features that Daz could really stand to adopt... such as Selection Sets to control parameters like visibility seperate from parent/group hierarchies, merging only selected nodes from other scene files without first having to save them out as subsets, or an intuitive align function that defaults to mataching the target object's rotation and translation by pivot point. (The align pane does not exactly make this an intuitive process :-) Still, I'm very impressed with what can be accomplished in Daz with relatively little effort. 

Well wishes to all and happy rendering! 

• KuroFishKuroFish Posts: 32
    edited August 2023

How do I delete this?

Post edited by KuroFish on
  • Epsiru0Epsiru0 Posts: 0

Hello who I am? Still figuring that out myself. So i'll get back to ya on that one.

Inspirations, when life imitates art.

Meatloaf, i can do without either. 

Unique and lovable?? indecision

• Hello, 

My name is Brian. I go by Mudwyrm. I an an author and sometimes filmmaker, though I've only got one story up on Amazon. Outside of those things, I'm a truck driver, so 3D and Daz are a hobby these days. I came to Daz because a friend and fellow artist has done some amazing stuff through the program and I decided to try my hand at it. Meatloaf? I enjoy it sometimes, but I wouldn't say it is my favorite. Inspirations? Several, mostly fellow artists and authors that I aspire to be even a tenth as good as. Unique and loveable... does crotchy and crusty work? ;)

• zigzagzigzag Posts: 10

Hi all. I've been using Daz for about a year now, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm using it to make art for a visual novel, my first project. I love learning new tricks, and I'm particularly keen to improve my animation skills. Have a good day, all.

• Hello, my name is... well... I honestly don't know what my display name is.

• Hello,  My name is Gary and I was inspired to educate myself on DAZ Studio because I thought it would be a nice hobby to get involved with.

I started an animation project, but I am not getting very far:  Here is the issue that I am facing:

After downloading a file from the DAZ website: Runway Animation for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female, I get a popup: An error occurred while reading the file.

If there is no way to fix the downloaded file, would there be another animation file available that will download without errors?   MOst likely it is something that I did wrong in downloading and opening, but what? 

I reinstalled DAZ Studio and the animation file listed above…with the same results….

Could someone point me in the right direction?  Many thanks in advance!

DAZ_Issue_Animation.jpg
    1536 x 960 - 122K
  • gary.love said:

Hello,  My name is Gary and I was inspired to educate myself on DAZ Studio because I thought it would be a nice hobby to get involved with.

I started an animation project, but I am not getting very far:  Here is the issue that I am facing:

After downloading a file from the DAZ website: Runway Animation for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female, I get a popup: An error occurred while reading the file.

If there is no way to fix the downloaded file, would there be another animation file available that will download without errors?   MOst likely it is something that I did wrong in downloading and opening, but what? 

I reinstalled DAZ Studio and the animation file listed above…with the same results….

Animations require that the target figure be loaded into the scene and selected (the figure itself or one of its bones). The same is true for poses, shape presets, and materials.

• Richard Haseltine said:

gary.love said:

Hello,  My name is Gary and I was inspired to educate myself on DAZ Studio because I thought it would be a nice hobby to get involved with.

Animations require that the target figure be loaded into the scene and selected (the figure itself or one of its bones). The same is true for poses, shape presets, and materials.

Many many thanks for your help!  

• Hi, I’m Kat, a disabled little old lady with pink hair who was a crazy cat lady long before they became a thing. I started my 3D journey with Poser a long time ago, but I never did much with it. I have been learning to use Daz Studio for a couple of months now and I find it so much easier. I am still very much a newbie and will probably have a lot of questions as I attempt to improve my skills.

• FenFen Posts: 53
    edited November 2023

Hey peeps, Music is my main drug but in the last few years I became extremely fond of various visual arts including videography, vfx, editing, digital drawing, painting and more recently 2D and 3D animation. I was not familiar with DAZ's ecosystem of software until just a few days ago...I know, I know- was I under a rock somewhere?!. No, I was just wrapped up in other softwares, and my ADHD has brought me here- did you see that squirrel?! Ok, for real- this community of creators seems like a good place to be so I'll try not to get on anyone's nerves; I just want to learn and maybe make a few friends along the way. Some people call me Fen, others don't call me at all, and that's ok. See ya aroundsmiley

Post edited by Fen on
  • Hello. I'm Juan Carlos, from Spain. I started using Daz Studio this past Summer. This is my first experience with 3D rendering and I'm having a blast. :)

• Hello, my name is eric, and i am going to be a 3d artist for games using Unreal Engine 5. i can code, as well. i am taking refresher courses, because i need to be up to standard. i will be using the interactive lisences to get my projects going.. nice to meet all of you.

• My name is Allan and my first exposure to DAZ has been unpleasant.

Firstly, I installed to a drive different from the default and now I can't save any scenes becuase "location not found". Checking directory paths, there are a lot of them. Which ones do I need to change and how many more are wrong because of my change of install locations? Why weren't the drive paths changed automatically?

Secondly, I see many tutorials and that's great, but which figure should I use (G8, G8.1,G9)? and more importantly why? Are they cross compatiable? Will one eventuantly go out of date and my purchases.

I see an adult male and an adult female? I think Akira is a teen. Do I use that figure and some how magically create a child?  

But nobody talks about these really simple beginner concepts. Some background as to which figures to use. Can bodies be morphed, probably? But I want to know that before I start to ensure I starting the right way.

All the tutorials are the same...drop in a figure, put on some clothes, hair and go.      I'm a detail planner, I don't want to jump in and go. I want to understand why the decisions I am to make are needed.  I don't want to spend 3-4 hours or more to find out, "oh, you should have started this way instead".

I really want to learn 3D figures. I know Blender and other packages, but it just seems DAZ expects you to know a whole lot about the product before using the product.

Thats my two cents.

• titanium.allan said:

My name is Allan and my first exposure to DAZ has been unpleasant.

Firstly, I installed to a drive different from the default and now I can't save any scenes becuase "location not found". Checking directory paths, there are a lot of them. Which ones do I need to change and how many more are wrong because of my change of install locations? Why weren't the drive paths changed automatically?

You can use http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/install_manager_config_import/start (download using the linkl abocve the code and drag into the Daz  Studio Viewport) to add the paths used by Install Manager to Daz Studio. Which save function are you using then it fails, and to which location are you trying to save?

Secondly, I see many tutorials and that's great, but which figure should I use (G8, G8.1,G9)? and more importantly why? Are they cross compatiable? Will one eventuantly go out of date and my purchases.

That probably depends on when the tutotrials were made, and the preferences of the maker. So far none of the Genesis figures has been removed, nut older add-on content does periodically get removed from the store. I would say 8/8.1 or 9 would be the obvious choices, but you can mix in a scene and there are conversion options for many types of content (Daz provides the tools for converting fitted items, mainly clothes, up a generation or more as part of the free content and those can form the basis for transferring (non-HD) morphs and textures).

I see an adult male and an adult female? I think Akira is a teen. Do I use that figure and some how magically create a child?  

The growing Up add-ons for teh figure you are using are one way to create older children through to adults, and there are various teen characters which could be further customised with morph sets.

But nobody talks about these really simple beginner concepts. Some background as to which figures to use. Can bodies be morphed, probably? But I want to know that before I start to ensure I starting the right way.

Yes, all figures can be morphd - therea re morph packs, and you can create your own morphs (not HD) with dForms or in an external 3D modelling application.

All the tutorials are the same...drop in a figure, put on some clothes, hair and go.      I'm a detail planner, I don't want to jump in and go. I want to understand why the decisions I am to make are needed.  I don't want to spend 3-4 hours or more to find out, "oh, you should have started this way instead".

I really want to learn 3D figures. I know Blender and other packages, but it just seems DAZ expects you to know a whole lot about the product before using the product.

Thats my two cents.

• Saudações e saudações, meu nome é  Erika Lellis.

Sou uma pessoa trans tímida e pateta com um senso de humor distorcido; mas se eu souber de alguma coisa, faço o possível para tentar ajudar

Sempre fui de natureza criativa,  escrevendo, sou um novato/amador; Eu tendo a ficar nao ficar preso em um gênero... brinco com outros gêneros.

Bem, é basicamente isso por enquanto.

Sim...esta sou eu

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

• Hello, my name is Robert Olivella,I am starting character desing, I work with Blender, I would like to know I can update Daz Studio, I have version 4.21 I don{t want to lose the files I have I appreciate any help, thank you.

• rocart1969 said:

Hello, my name is Robert Olivella,I am starting character desing, I work with Blender, I would like to know I can update Daz Studio, I have version 4.21 I don{t want to lose the files I have I appreciate any help, thank you.

Upgrading the application should not affect the content or settings.

• Hallo mein Name ist Rainer, ich bin 59 Jahre alt und lebe in Leipzig.

• chrisvnchrisvn Posts: 0
    edited January 22

Hello my name is Chris , I leaving in suth of France at Cannes (the city of the movie) ! I'm new to Daz3D, I'm currently training in 3D computer graphics and VFX. I also really like digital painting and I hope to get to know Daz because it's in English! It's good on one hand but it's going to be hard because I lost a lot! I also fan science Fiction / Fantastic . 

thank you for your welcome

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Hello all!

My name is Bruce. I'm a Scot by birth, though living doon sooth amoung all those Sassenachs at the moment!

Techical author by trade. Fiction writer in my spare time. Hoping to use Daz to create rendered scenes to use as elements in book cover art (after some of Photoshop work on them, of course). I'm a newbie when it comes to Daz. I'm finding it a steep learning curve despite the tutorials. Whenever I feel that I've made some progress, Daz throws a curve ball at me and knocks me back down that curve. The Daz GUI is so complex, with so many different parts that I lose track of where things are, what the various controls and panels do, etc., etc.

Other than that, I'm interested in history (WW1 in particular), photography, and cycling (though I haven't done much of that latter for a while).

Regards,
    Bruce

• Hello,

I am Tim Y. Not new to 3d I have a CAD/CAM knowledge but this type of 3d is all new. Looking forward to learning more.

Hope i can find out more here.

Thanks,

Tim Y