Is anyone game?

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,009

Thanks Horo, Adbc, MelanieL, Hansmar and NGartplay for the comments

Hansmar - two lovely examples

Adbc - wow beautiful abstract

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,155

Hansmar - your last two make me think of a journey through the blood vessels

adbc - I love that latest one, great textures, interesting open metal-work effect.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,844

adbc, that is a stunning piece of artwork.  It feels like it has depth and has enough complexity to make it interesting.

I continue to be wowed by the images that you all make.  I was only able to make a couple that I was proud of but everyone here just keeps coming up with new POVs and designs.  Well done all!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,135

adbc - beautiful forms, excellent light.

edited January 2021

I got it in my head to try this again.  I hadn't been happy with the new attempts I'd made but I ended up liking this one because it looks like an evil lizard to me...hehehe

I hope that you don't think it's too dark.  I have to dig out my Spider and use it on this monitor and see if my settings are ok.  It looks good to me.

abstract-evil-lizard.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 590K
    Post edited by NGartplay on

NGartplay - oh wow! Those eyes! No, not too dark, I find it excellent, makes the "eyes" pop out.

NGartplay - wow, I agree those eyes are huge and scary, nice work.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,105

mermaid, MelanieL, NGartplay, Horo : thank you.

NGartplay : I agree with Horo's comment.

• All you people are on a another, higher LEVEL of abstraction, lol. Just amazing work!

AS, grab the file in the first post.  Give it a try.  You never know, you could be a Picaso.

edited January 2021

NGartplay - yes, I can certainly see the evil lizard, but I'm not sure he's focussed on me (maybe he needs a trip to the optician?) Nice work!

Post edited by MelanieL on

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!  MelanieL, you probably wouldn't want him looking at you.  He has a sticky fly catching tongue.

Are you calling me a fly?!? angrylaugh

Serously though, if I wasn't sidetracked by seeing a lizard with eyes pointing in different directions then I'd just have called it a great abstract render. yes

Lol

• NGartplay - Oh, I grabbed that file in the first post. I made it look like the 1980's threw up on it. I'll just keep...experimenting. Doing something like all of this, in this thread, in Bryce is new for me, this is good and fun, lol.

Egads AS, that doesn't sound appetizing at all.

edited January 2021

Just another one.

blank-abstract-31.jpg
    800 x 533 - 70K
    Post edited by adbc on

Wow Adbc, superb flower, well done.

adbc - beautifully done flowers, awesome.

adbc, that is super cool.  The flower pattern is excellent, can't imagine how you achieved it.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,758

NGartplay: I suppose you mean a positive thing with 'guru' and not an expensive fake, so thank you wink. Your lizard render is really great!

Horo, Mermaid010, MelanieL, Thank you.

adbc, Thank you and I love your two renders. The first one has a great texture and colours and the second on indeed looks like a flower.

adbc - very nice. I'm wondering how you did it too!

mermaid, Horo, NGartplay, Hansmar, MelanieL : thank you.

How I did it : I used a texture coming from a material collection GM1 until GM54-63, particularly the one under GM33-42, first in the row. Where I got those materials from I cannot remember. That material was used on the torus.

The sphere a transparent material and the sky an HDRI, took 3 hours to render RPP4. After many rounds of manipulation I came to that flower effect.

edited January 2021

Two more from me, the 1st I reduced the size of the tori and duplicated it, viewed thru the EWL lens

2nd – I used one of Hubert’s file, changed the material and lighting is from https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-landscapes-under-fantastic-skies

I uploaded more to my Pinterest account here’s the link for anyone interest.  https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/abstracts-done-in-bryce-3d/

Btw most of my Bryce Boards appear in a Google search which I think is nice and good publicity for Bryce, and many of David’s tutorials are also listed; Bryce 3D must be mentioned in the search, but you guys know that.wink

Now to work on the challenge... so for no lucksad

abstract15-ewl.jpg
    900 x 675 - 226K
    abstract19c.jpg
    900 x 555 - 297K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

adbc - thanks for the info, I don't seem to have those and Google fails me (so far). You used them very well.

mermaid - another interesting pair, I especially like the second one (I guess I'm a sucker for bright colours!)

Hansmar, of course, in a positive way.  You have made some of the most interesting and beautiful renders for this thread.  I thank you muchly ;)

adbc, I thank you too for the information.  The effect is so pretty.

mermaid, both of these are wonderful.  I really like the flowing lines of the first.  It looks liquidy.  The second one has a fractured look, like broken glass effect.  The blue is always a favorite.

adbc - thanks for the info.

mermaid - two very nice examples, and even more on Printerest worth seing.

edited January 2021

Today's set use the original setup with brighter radial lights with a gradient applied, HDRI lighting (from Horo and David's HDRI for Fun set) and an extreme wide-angle lens. The sphere is semi-transparent and semi-reflecting. The torus texture and lighting are the only things changing between the first three renders. The fourth is the same as the third but with a narrower camera FOV.

Abstract-1-H1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 675K
    Abstract-1-H2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 602K
    Abstract-1-H3.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 492K
    Abstract-1-H4.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 655K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

Melanie, so creative!  The first one makes me want to put on a kilt, except I'm a girl, lol.  I love the electric #2 and starry #3.  #4 is good but my least favorite.  It looks very sci-fi and Star War-sy.

mermaid : Awesome different images, both interesting.

MelanieL : Cool renders, an explosion of colours. My favourite is the one with the stars.