Is anyone game?

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,844

Hansmar, I don't get any images in your first post.  I'm rendering a long render so maybe my computer is using resources?  Your abstract in the second post is stunning!  So liquid and flowing.  Thank you for sharing the settings.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,135

Hubert - thank you.

Hansmar - great work on the abstract. I like the high contrast colours. And like NGartplay I miss the picture in the first post.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,009

Wow Hansmar the last two are fantastic, unfortunately we can't see the 1st two.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,105

Hansmar : The pictures on your first post are missing. The last two are superb.

Hansmar, I must have posted as you were posting.  I missed the last one.  I really like the colors you used in it and it has a more geometric look to it.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,758
    edited January 2021

NGartplay, Horo, mermaid010, adbc: Thank you.

I now reentered the ones in my first post. I did see the larger pictures, but not the normal smaller ones. I reentered them now for everyone to see (I hope). They are quite different from the last two ones, even though the idea of the gradient light is the same. But the blurry reflections make a lot of difference!

So, making a small change to the last one. That one had a camera FOV of 180 º, but this one only 15 º, which makes it look like a constructivist painting, I think.

Made in just over 4 minutes (changing and rendering).

blank-abstract-10c.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 252K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Ooo, I like the last one very much.  It does have a mid-century look and feel to it.  Great art.

I just viewed the two missing ones.  The second one looks like a lizard eye.  Very cool effect on both.

• Hansmar - nice set of renders. I like the first two (now that I can see them wink) especially the panoramic one - great colours.
    The third one "inside the eye" certainly does look like an eye, again nice colours and lighting.
    The fourth (with the places) is beautiful, very nicely complex.
    Today's is a little more minimalist, but interesting anyway.
    Four very different styles - good going!

Hansmar - the two on the previous page are awesome, and I like the painterly effect of the last one.

Hansmar : the missing renders are outstanding, again beautiful colours.

I like the last one as well, unusual but really well done.

Hansmar - the two missed one on the previous page look great. Ther second reminds me of an eye with the eyelids. The last one here is very interesting.

edited January 2021

Thanks NGartplay, MelanieL, mermaid010, adbc, Horo.

I am sorry that I have hijacked this thread, but I cannot help myself to keep trying to get new views. Two more here.

First one with standard camera, but with 120 º POV and the torus has a volumetric fluffy texture, while the sphere has a texture of tiles. Again lights with a gradient and some negative aspects as well.

The second one a slightly different view, 180 º POV, torus with glass texture with low refraction, sphere full reflective white. Regular render with ray depth 7. I played with location of the camera, colours, ray depths etc. until I decided on this one. I call it 'Swooshh!'

blank-abstract-11.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 337K
    blank-abstract-11a.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 472K

Hansmar, don't worry about posting new images.  They are exciting to see.  Thanks for sharing.

The first one looks like the inside of an ear.  Sorry, it's what it reminds me of.  An Alice in Wonderland ear :)

Second one  is so pretty.

Hansmar - another two great examples. The first is looking into a tube and the second also but in another way.

Hansmar : wow, two  beautiful abstracts.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,155

Hansmar - those are great! (I immediately thought "Alice in Wonderland" too when I saw the first one)

NGartplay, Horo, adbc, MelanieL: Thanks.

MelanieL: good to know you have your name back smiley

edited January 2021

Hansmar - another two awesome examples, abstracts are not only addictive but fun too.

As Hubert’s files always fascinated me, so simple, few changes (mat, camera) with awesome results, I spent the weekend looking at them. The 1st one the sphere has one of Hubert’s material which I modified a bit, and the torus a mat I had in my presets-modified, the 2nd one I used preset materials which I modified.

abstract14.jpg
    900 x 450 - 349K
    abstract13b.jpg
    900 x 675 - 806K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - two great examples, I can't say which one I like best. Different but cool.

• Greetings all. Well...looks like I signed up here 13 years ago and have never posted in the Daz forums? I'll try and change that, lol.
    Amazingly great renders here and a cool game!
    I'll start tinkering.

edited January 2021

If i remember correctly, agentsmith, this is the third forum since I joined (2004 ?) and the others were removed for good. Anyway, welcome back.

Post edited by Horo on

mermaid : two beautiful abstracts. I like them both.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Horo said:

If i remember correctly, agentsmith, this is the third forum since I joined (2004 ?) and the others were removed for good. Anyway, welcome back.

Technically it is the third,  but only the old, old forum was archived,  the 2nd instance was merged into this one and Actually Kirk's posts from 2012 are still there,

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,155

mermaid - I like both, another nice pair!

Hansmar - it's nice to be back without the pseudo-pseudonym!

edited January 2021

mermaid010: two very good examples! And thanks.

Fun and addictive, so I made two new ones. Again with gradients in the lights. One is a perspective render and the other one the panoramic render of the same set-up.

Most special thing I did in this one: point the camera away from the torus onto the reflective sphere. Therefore, you only see reflection, but that does not make a lot of difference, of course.

blank-abstract-12.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 862K
    blank-abstract-12a.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 897K

mermaid, your Hubisms look fantastic.  So glad you twisted his files around because these came wonderful. The first looks retro with cool shapes and the second is beautiful like a peacock feather.

Hansmar, I think you have finally reached guru status with these abstracts.  So pretty.  I sometimes see things that aren't really there.  The first looks like an explanation of how the egg is fertilized and the second looks like a face with a fat nose poking out from under the shade.

AgentSmith, thanks for dropping in.  Look forward to what you create (burpee)

• Horo - Third versions of the forums? Wow. And, apparently my memory was wrong and Daz tells me I signed up in late 2003 so, going on 18 years. Jeez, time flies.
    NGartplay/Burpee - Looking forward to that myself, lol.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

agentsmith_9744044511 said:

Horo - Third versions of the forums? Wow. And, apparently my memory was wrong and Daz tells me I signed up in late 2003 so, going on 18 years. Jeez, time flies.
    NGartplay/Burpee - Looking forward to that myself, lol.

So you were amongst the first comers then.   The forums didn't exist until October 2003.   The appeared as part of the first anniversary of the Plainum club.

Hansmar - again excellent examples.

Chohole - interesting. I came to Daz the moment they bought Bryce 5 from Corel and came up with Bryce 5.5. I also got Studio, I think it was version 0.8 and probably joined the forums around that time.

edited January 2021

Hansmar : Outstanding examples, very colourful.

Just made another one.

blank-abstract 16.jpg
    800 x 533 - 95K
    Post edited by adbc on