Is anyone game?

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809
    edited December 2020

S Ray, thanks for sharing those camera angles.   Some of the art here has had the camera FOV changed with amazing results. 

Horo, your website is a wealth of information, thank you. I hope that you feel how much I appreciate you and your efforts.

MelanieL, it still boggles my mind to see the results everyone is getting from that simple br7 file I uploaded.  One of the things it does for me is to make me realize that I can think outside the box.  I'm a rule follower so creative thinking is not really a strong point for me.  Your two new additions are outside the box and make me want to try it for myself.  I like the second one best because it seems like a commentary of our times.  I see a talking mouth speaking to all the people in the windows with echoes/words pulsing out toward the people.  Is the mouth speaking the truth and all the people have their windows shut against it or is the mouth spreading lies and they are all listening (or not)?  Yeah, I see images in clouds too, lol.  Can't help myself :)

Post edited by NGartplay on

Oh mermaid, forgot to say that I checked the link and it is indeed the Hubert from 3DCommune.  I have a couple of his hubisms to view. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136

Horo - oh thank you, I'll take a look at the calculator too.

NGartplay - wow, you've got an imagination seeing all that - I could see the mouth myself, but I never thought of windows or echoes/words pulsing!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited December 2020

MelanieL- excellent renders, I also did panoramas.

NGartplay - this is the only Forum I know and post in winklaugh, don't know much about the older 3D websites or forums, except what I read about them from time to time, here on the Bryce Forum.

Horo - I agree your website has a wealth of information and goodies, your love for Bryce manifest in those pages.

Two more abstracts from me

abstract6b.jpg
    800 x 400 - 305K
    abstract7.jpg
    900 x 450 - 135K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,096

mermaid : two beautiful abstracts, I like the soft colours.

In the meantime I finished another one, manipulated the whole scene, duplicated the torus, added a plane etc..

blank-abstract-16.jpg
    800 x 533 - 90K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 2020

mermaid - thanks. To my shame I must say that I initially made my website for me so I find things again I would otherwise not remember where I had put them.
    I like your new abstracts. The red one has nice patterns and the second one with the two "eyes" looks great.

adbc - beautiful ghost-like abstract. Was the face at left made on purpose or came it just into being - or am I the only one seeing it?

I like to make abstracts but also hate it. There are millions of tiny alterations that change the outcome and it gets ever more difficult to decide which result to keep.
    I just moved the original scene the the world centre, opened the camera FOV to 120° and added a small sphere in the world centre where the HDRI from inside casts some light into the scene and is also visible as backdrop through the outer sphere. Both radials got a gel and the one at right has negative diffuse. Rendered with max ray depth 3 and without reflection correction.

NoisySwirls

NoisySwirls.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 347K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : thank you. The face was not made on purpose, it just happened !

Excellent abstract, the colours are awesome, it's like they are moving around.

edited December 2020

So much art while I was sleeping. 

Mermaid, lovin' the panorama views.  It adds a totaly different perspective to the abstract. I like them both equally.

(To anyone interested: Bea and I used to help with the newsletter at 3DCommune. There was a scandal with the owner of 3DC over a vendor who infringed on copyright, if I remember correctly. The Renderosity Poser and Poser community in general were up in arms and stopped buying from 3DC. The owner lost thousands of dollars that he paid out of pocket then had to close the site and the store. Very sad).

adbc, I too see the face to left.  Like Horo said, it's almost ghostly.  I like brown tones in this as they add a feeling of mystery to the abstract.

Horo, the electric feel of this and the bright colors make this feel like it's alive and moving. It's beautiful.

Post edited by NGartplay on

mermaid - nice work, I really like the red patterns on the first, but I especially like the greeny-coloured one. (And thank you for your comments)

adbc - that's amazing, like being inside a steampunk machine.

Horo - beautiful colours, and so much going on in there.

NGartplay, MelanieL : thank you.

Just a little bit less abstract maybe, more fantasy, did not change much, added an HDRI, a temple and the snake, textured the sphere and torus.

blank-abstract-10.jpg
    800 x 533 - 111K

adbc, that's really pretty.  The forest was created with an HDRI?  The pagoda and dragon snake go well together.

NGartplay and MelanieL - thank you.

adbc - not an abstract as such but a very beautiful somehow realistic scene.

edited December 2020

adbc - that's a very pretty scene - I love the dragon/snake.

Here's my next set:
    The first is very simple - just centred the camera and moved it outside the sphere, which is semi-transparent and bump-y - I'm going to call it "Polo Fruit".
    The second has the torus with a semi-reflective surface, the sphere semi-transparent and bumpy, the lighting uses a HDRI is from Horo's synthetic set.
    The third I moved the camera into the centre of the torus, pointed it upwards and did a 360 panoramic render.

Abstract-1-C.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    Abstract-1-D.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 859K
    Abstract-1-E.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 995K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

MelaineL, you really have explored different avenues of results.  These are very intriguing and interesting.  Truly, they are.  The first one is my fave just because it looks like modern art.  Great job!

NGartplay - Thank you - it's really rather fun!

NGartplay, Horo, MelanieL : thank you.

NGartplay : the forest is created with an HDRI.

MelanieL : very well done abstracts, they are all different, I like them all.

Adbc - thanks, both your renders are awesome, I like the 2nd one very creative, nice use of the Hdri

Horo -  thanks I also have a love/hate relation with abstracts, your render is magnificent love the rich colors. No matter the reason why you started your website, today it's a valuable, rich resource for Brycers.

NGartplay - thanks

MelanieL - thanks, love all your latest abstracts.

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449

really super  renders everybody most inventive

had to have a play myself

blank-abstract-challenge 2.png
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    blank abstract 1.png
    1200 x 800 - 2M
    blank abstract 5.png
    1200 x 800 - 2M
    blank-abstract-challenge 8.png
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    blank abstract 2.png
    1200 x 800 - 2M
    blank-abstract-challenge 7.png
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    blank-abstract-25.png
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    blank-abstract-44.png
    1200 x 800 - 2M
    blank abstract 4.png
    1200 x 800 - 2M
    blank-abstract-challenge 4.png
    1200 x 800 - 1M

Wow Spuddy these are fantastic, a beautiful set of abstracts

adbcmermaid - thank you.

spuddy - wow, you've been busy. I like them all, but my faves are the first, fifth, eighth and tenth.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Thank you for the chance to play ... mine are not that great like others, but I like them.

NGartplay_blank-abstract-2a.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 995K
    NGartplay_blank-abstract-3a.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 998K

Spuddy, the explosion of color is fantastic.  I can't even decide which is my favorite.  Well done.

Kerya, your images are so cool.  Did you change the camera FOV or use panorama?  I really like the first one.  It has a very interesting texture on it that looks wavy.  Great job.

mermaid : thank you.

spuddy : fantastic images, very cool colour materials.

Kerya : awesome renders, beautiful colours.

MelanieL - three great examples. There are so many possibilities and so many different outcomes.

spuddy - you see, that's exactly why I "hate" abstracts. Which is the best of your 10 examples? None, all are the best, it's so darn difficult to decide which try or version is the best.

Kerya - again so different results from the same base and all are interesting to look at. I like your first one with the "eyes" very much.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

NGartplay: Thanks. Yes, indeed the planes are above and below.

Horo: Thank you. Your red abstract is very colourful and lively.

MelanieL: Great textures in your first work. The blue ones have a lot of wonderful texture and like looking into the infinite. Last three are also interesting, specifically the brown/orangy one.And thank you.

Adbc: Thanks. Fantastic metal look in your work, like a camera-eye.

S-Ray: All three are great. The first one is indeed like stained glass, the second also, but I like the colours on the first one more. The third one is very interesting, like looking up under a shower or so.

Mermaid010: Thanks. Great repeat red textures in the first one and wonderful how the other part is just grey.  The green-grey ones are spectacular.

Adbc: The first looks like some kind of spectacular rollercoaster. Love the colours! And the fantasy one is very original, with perfect colours for a fantasy world.

Spuddy: You did not hold back, did you. Great series. Psychedelic colours abound.

Kerya: I think yours are great as well. Specifically the first one, with the alien eyes in them. The other one is very icy.

I also made one more, with the same set-up, but different textures, including glass-block for the surrounding sphere, which lets through the sky / sun colours. The fog in the sky gives the great cut-off effect. To me it looks like an enormous bat flying towards the brightly coloured bot. By the way, this is a 360 panorama render.

blank-abstract-HM2.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 587K

You nailed it Hansmar.  It doe look like a bat and even has some horns...not that bats have horns but devil bats might.  Love the texture on the bot.  It's very cool how the fog does that cut-off effect.

Kerya - good images, I love the first one with the wavy textures

Horo - thank you.

Hansmar - that's a really interesting version, I'm seeing a phial of magic potion in a panelled room, through the eyes of someone who tested the potion! (And thank you for your comments.)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 2020

NGartplay said:

Spuddy, the explosion of color is fantastic.  I can't even decide which is my favorite.  Well done.

Kerya, your images are so cool.  Did you change the camera FOV or use panorama?  I really like the first one.  It has a very interesting texture on it that looks wavy.  Great job.

I used panorama ... because I am playing with David's/Horo's tutorial  Abstract panoramics at the moment.

Your challenge kind of distracted me. In a nice way!

As for the materials ... they aren't made by me. They are different materials from Bryce (the eyes picture just uses the mirror material for the sphere, for example) and from the internet. Sometimes changed a bit by me.

Hansmar: scary!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by Kerya on

Hansmar - that paneled room looks fantastic. Great haze effect. Really very nicely done.

Kerya - beautiful images

Hansmar - an amazing setup, love the bottle texture, thanks for your comment