Is anyone game?

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

I'm just glad that this is not a competition because there's no way I have a favorite.  I love them all.  Bravo and brava to everyone.

edited December 2020

Ok, one more from me.  I need to be learning to use instances and trees and skies...but this is fun.

I changed the torus out for a torus greeble and moved the point of view.

abstract-red-ball.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 521K
    Post edited by NGartplay on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 2020

Hansmar : wooooooooow!

MelanieL : I like all of them!

Horo : Wow again ...

NGartplay : total scifi!

Post edited by Kerya on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

Hansmar - wow another magnificent abstract, your use of negative light in your renders always amazes me.

MelanieL  - what an amazing set of renders, I like them all but my fav will be the 3rd one.

Horo - stunning work, love the illusion effect.

NGartplay - another awesome abstract

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

Hansmar : stunning dragon eye.

MelanieL : four beautiful scenes, very different although with the same material.

Horo : cool effect, it starts moving if you look long enough to it.

NGartplay : very well done abstract, beautiful colours.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119

NGartplay - thank you. Your red ball looks great, a bit dark perhaps but very nice contrast.

Kerya, mermaid and adbc - thank you. Indeed, I was flabbergasted when I started that scene, so simple, such an interesting effect.

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited December 2020

MelanieL: Your green series of 4 renders has sorta crystalline appearance. Nice stuff!

Hansmar: A powerful monochrome render. I like those smooth reflections. Your 2nd render with the red metallic appearance looks cool, great depth.

Horo: Ouch!! An eyebending result! :)

NGartplay: A cool and mysterious techno-surrounded sphere.

@ all: I too played some more. In my most recent renders, I removed the torus and a globe light and focused just on the big "Shiny Sphere" ©®™ in panorama render mode. Inspired by Dan Whiteside's "Techno" texture image (on page 5), I decided to try with some of the more geometric Bryce Mats. Like "Simple Grid", "Techno City", "Basic Triangle", but also with some promising randomized Mats created in the DTE. -- Even only small changes of a mat (mapping mode, scaling, rotation) and/or playing with it in the DTE (blend mode, filter, noise) produced totally different looking and unpredictable results from the very same base file. I just LOVE Bryce for this. :))  

Here is my "2020-12-31" assortment (12 variants) with their BR7 workfiles. Enjoy. :)
    http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/temp/DAZ-Forum_BR7_HuSc_2020-12-31.zip

And here the overview:

(Hubisms 2020-12-31 overview)

PS, @NGartplay: Many thanks again for starting this very inspiring thread!

Post edited by hubert on

hubert - thank you so much for the files - your abstracts are beautiful!

hubert - twelve great examples. Yes, just changing the mapping mode of a texture can have a dramatic impact on that kind of abstracts. That's why I "hate" to create abstract: which one should I keep?

Horo: I have the same "problem". Which variant should I keep at a typical rate of 40-50 Hph (Hubisms per hour)?! And what did I possibly miss by tweaking a certain value "not enough"? Bryce doesn't make this decision easy for me, but I love it nevertheless. :)

Horo said:

hubert - twelve great examples. Yes, just changing the mapping mode of a texture can have a dramatic impact on that kind of abstracts. That's why I "hate" to create abstract: which one should I keep?

All ... obviously. LOL

Wow Hubert an amazingly beautiful set of Hubisms, thanks once again for sharing the file

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Horo - wow, I love that one! (The one with the holes texture and the fisheye lens) - I must dust off your Lenses and Filters product and see what happens! And thanky you for your comments on mine.

NGartplay - thanks, I see what you mean about the pitcher plant! Your latest feels like I'm lying on my back in a futuristic city looking up at the sky (I must have been at the New Year champagne I think)

Kerya, mermaid, adbc - thank you all for your comments.

hubert - another interesting set, I think I like the second, third and fourth on the top row most - and thank you for your comments.

hubert : wow, amazing Hubism images, thanks for sharing.

Hubert, I was madly clicking on your image to enlarge it and getting frustrated until I slowed down and read your post.  Thank you for the link to the beautiful files.  Will have a play with them.

Horo, I even upped the intensity of the lights.  Maybe I should have tried changing the sky?  If I went too bright with the lights it ruined the effect (for me).  These are the colors that I mentioned to someone else that I really like (adbc?), darks with orangy-red.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited January 2021

MelanieL, Horo, NGartplay, Kerya, Mermaid010, adbc, Hubert: Thank you.

Hubert: Lovely dozen of renders. I see festive twirling and beautiful red colours.

NGartplay: Yes, you like those colours too, I see! Looks like a ball rolling into a tunnel made by a gigantic tunnel digging machine that immediately places reinforcing elements.

These abstracts are indeed addictive. And just like in old-fashioned painting, knowing when an abstract is ‘ready’ if very difficult. Luckily, other than in painting, you can always go back a step in Bryce. I made more, of course. These are all from the same textures, from within the torus, looking to the side of the torus (the ‘flat’ part, so parallel to the hole). And slightly upwards. Firsts one is normal render, second one is 360 panoramic render and the third one as well, but now the camera has been rotated a bit along its z-axis. Sphere is fully reflective, torus is a glass texture with approx.. 60 % transparency, 40% reflection and 106 refraction. A green sphere light (diffuse -25, specular 25) is above behind the camera, a second one is yellow towards the tope of the hole of the torus (-25, 25) and a third one light blue (again -25,25) in front and below the camera. Camera FOV is 180°. Sky is a slightly modified preset by David Brinnen.

blank-abstract-8.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 252K
    blank-abstract-8a.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 319K
    blank-abstract-8c.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 311K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar, they have an elegant feel to them.  So pretty.

Hanmar - such cool abstract, all three are fantastic.

Wow Hansmar - superb astracts, love the colors.

Hansmar: Fascinating abstracts with nice smooth color gradients.

> (quoted) These abstracts are indeed addictive.
    To this I disagree strongly!! And now excuse me, gotta render yet another one......   ;)

edited January 2021

Hansmar : cool images, soft colours and lighting, just awesome.

The first one this year, moved things around changed materials several times, added a plane until I got the following (acceptable) result.

blank-abstract-4.jpg
    750 x 500 - 74K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - great start into the new year, interesting shapes and nice colours.

Horo : thank you.

adbc, I really like the floral feel to this.  Looks like a flower on the right side and, or course, I like the colors.  Wonderful start.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

NGartplay, mermaid010, Horo: thank you.

Hubert: thanks and laugh

adbc: Thank you. And your render is very beautiful. I also had the floral association.

This might be my last one with this basis; I got to move on (or not?)

Torus texture 100% transparent, 49% reflective, 300 refraction. Sphere texture: CityLitsC10, but made 100% reflective. Radial lights: 25 diffuse, -100 specular (creating the darker parts) in light blue and light green and one (middle) in red: 5 diffuse, -100 specular. Camera in same position as previous ones. 360 Panoramic render. Some modified preset sky.

blank-abstract-9.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 1M

Hansmar - there are so many possibilities. This is another example how beautiful renders can be made.

Hansmar, that's a fantastic effect. Really lovely.  All of the abstracts everyone has created are so beautiful, each and every one.

Adbc - I agree, great start into the new year, love the colors and shapes.

Hansmar - a very interest effect you got with this abstract.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Hansmar - your set of three from yesterday is very nice, lovely colours. Today's has a really interesting structure - I'm getting a feeling of being in the midst of fungal filaments.

adbc - another really good one, I'm seeing it as a flower too.

Happy New Year to all, by the way!

NGartplay, Hansmar, mermaid, MelanieL : thank you.

Hansmar : another excellent render with beautiful colours.