Is anyone game?

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

Horo, did you see that Hubert was here?

I had the hardest time coming up with anything interesting.  You all did such an amazing job of creating unique pieces.  I decided to do a montage.

abstracts-multiple2.jpg
    2575 x 1760 - 6M
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Dan Whiteside - that's a pretty neat image, I really like what you did with the texturing.

NGartplay - I like the top left and bottom left best.

Thanks MelanieL, I do too.  Great minds think alike :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Horo said:

Kerya - it looks a bit like two eyes. Very nicely done. There are so many possibilities to do abstracts with the same scene base.
    Yes, I would also like to have Bryce 64-bit. When the last version (7.1) was in the making, we were told by the developer that maximal 8 cores (rather threads) are used for rendering because using more also uses more memory. At the time, none of us had a CPU with more than 8 threads (my i7 has 4 cores and 8 threads). Meanwhile, I have an i9 with 8 cores and 16 threads and I thought Normal (half threads = 8) and High (all threads, max 8) would be the same. NO! Normal uses the 8 cores and High uses all 16 threads. The CPU clock speed decreases a bit when all threads are used but the render finished in 2/3 of the time. So there is a difference between Normal and High Priority even though we're still at 32-bit.

That is interesting ... I put it on High Priority, but didn't think to watch the usage ...

edited December 2020

hubert : Thank you for the files - your renders are great.

Dan : I love your techno texture render.

NGartplay : Top left and bottom right for me ... Again thanks for the file and the start of this fun thread!

Post edited by Kerya on
  • huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited December 2020

Hi,

NGartplay : Top left and bottom right are my favorites too. I like that trippy mat in the first one.

Horo : That's some interesting background information about the render priority settings. Thanks for sharing. -- Do you have any information about when DAZ's Gallery will become available again? It is offline since several weeks now. 

Kerya : Have fun with my workfiles. :)

Dan : Cool use of that Bryce mat! 

Post edited by hubert on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,119

hubert - nice to se you back with your hubisms and thanks for the files. No, I don't know when the Daz Gallery will come up. If I remember correctly, it's the third time the gallery was removed and each time it came up after a long time and completely different.

MGartplay - four nice examples, there are so many possibilities. Difficult to decide which one I like best, top left and bottom right ...

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

Dan : Awesome techno render.

NGartplay : excellent abstract, they all look fantastic.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

Hubert – awesome to see your renders again, all are superb. Thanks for sharing the files with us. I played with the files you shared previous, you will find two examples here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/351546/show-us-your-bryce-renders-part-11/p2

Dan – excellent techno abstract

NGartplay – beautiful abstracts, I like all

Mermaid010, I followed your link.  Those are gorgeous efforts.

Thanks NGartplay

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Mermaid010: Wonderful playing! I like the upper one most with its rich colors and that mysterious darkness. 

Well, I have still some days of vacation left. Time enough to see to my beloved Bryce. :)

Hubert - thanks, looking forward to more renders from you

Experimenting with different texture mapping modes - both the sphere and torus are using "random" mode. I pointed the camera at a 45 degree angle upwards and did a 360 panoramic render.

(Looking again, I think the colours may be a bit anaemic...oh, well)

Abstract-1-F.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 684K

MelanieL - definitely not high contrast but very charming in this way as well. It looks a bit like a fish in the water, I like it.

MelanieL, it looks like the frog that I'm trying to catch is jumping away from my grasp.  It brings back old memories for me.  I was the child that would come back to the car with a frog in both hands or a huge leech when we would stop on the side of the road during vacation.  Love frogs.  And, yes, you used to be able to stop on the side of the road.  My parents would pull over and we'd sleep in the car.  That was before all the freeways were built.  Ok, so I'm old, lol.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited December 2020

MelanieL, NGartplay, Kerya, Horo, adbc, mermaid010: Thanks again.

Kerya, Angry blue eyes you made.

Dan Whiteside, You made a great spaceship interior.

Hubert, Lovely set of abstracts, wonderful colours. And thanks for providing the Bryce-files.

NGartplay, Wy do you consider your abstracts less amazing than others. I love the differences caused by the textures. Keep experimenting!

MelanieL, Wonderful forms and I like the pastel colours.

Of course, I made a new one. Same view as the block-coloured one (with the Indian, or without, cannot see, really), but totally different textures.

blank-abstract-6.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 551K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Horo - thanks - yes, I think I can see what you mean about the fish.

NGartplay - hm, I can see that frog too! You still can stop beside the road in some places (well, probably not so much just at the moment).

Hansmar - thank you. Your monochrome image is really interesting (I'd never have guessed it was the same view as the other one) - this one looks a bit like a closeup from the inside of a cut crystal wine glass, reflecting it's own stem.

Hansmar, the reflections create a beautiful image.

MelanieL : It's an alien! I am sure ... I like the colours. Not everything has to pop.

Hansmar : I like that one too.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

MelanieL : beautiful soft colours, well done.

Hansmar : the effect of the black and white colours is awesome.

Hansmar - monochrome can be so charming - you could even make a terrain from it.

MelanieL - beautiful render, I see a cross between a frog and turtle

Hansmar - wow, love the reflections and monochrome tone

Kerya , adbc , mermaid - thank you all!

• Thank you for the comments on my last image. They are appreciated.

NGartplay - Nice montage, I like the last one best. Kind of reminds me of the game Simon.

MelanieL - nicely done. I really like the colors you used  I agree that it looks lije an alien amphibian.

Hansmar - excellent monochromatic image. Reflections came out really well.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited December 2020

MelanieL, NGartplay, Kerya, adbc, Horo, mermaid010, Dan Whiteside: Thank you all for the nice words.

I couldn't stop myself and made yet another one. Radial lights 1 and 2 have a negative diffuse (-20) and a positive specular (100) and they have a yellow colour. I placed a third radial light in the middle of the torus. This is also yellow, but has +25 diffuse and 100 specular. The sphere is full reflective and the torus has a metallic texture from the Fantastic metals by Karanta. The fov of the camera is 180 degrees and it is located toward the side of the torus. I call this: "Inside the dragon's eye".

blank-abstract-7.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Dan Whiteside - thank you.

Hansmar - I love your dragon's eye - it's absolutely stunning!

Today's set - the torus is semi-transparent, the sphere is fully reflective with a little ambient light and diffusion. The first two have the base scene camera position (normal perspective then panoramic renders), the third moves and twists the camera (panoramic render).

The fourth is actually my first creation, but I managed to crash Bryce before I saved the material when I accidentally turned displacement on - when I tried to recreate it I couldn't remember exactly what parameters I used to build it, so the newer ones are not quite the same (the scale is off, and I think the noise settings are too).

Abstract-1-G2.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 911K
    Abstract-1-G2P.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 894K
    Abstract-1-G2PX.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 596K
    Abstract-1-G1.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 944K
    edited December 2020

Hansmar - that came out beautifully, one is sucked into the vortex.

MelanieL - four very nice examples the third is my favorite.

Very simple, I was amazed at the result. Just the camera inside the torus with a hole material (a hatcher from Stylised Rendering) and in front of the camera the extreme wide-angle fisheye lens (from Lenses and Filters). At the camera position the 5D-City HDRI to brighten the inside of the torus a bit; outside through the transparent sphere it shines through the holes. The two radials are switched off.

Suck and Spill

SuckAndSpill.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 310K
    Post edited by Horo on

Oh my goodness, you've all been so busy.  I never stop being amazed at what you all create. 

Hansmar, I'm a fan of deep orangy red color against dark green or darks.  This is so pretty.

Melanie, the same material but such different results.  I'm not sure which is my favorite.  I like them all.  The third one reminds me of a pitcher plant.  Don't go in there!!! lol.

Horo, you are bending my mind with this image.  It's the most unusual and cool and awesome effect. Wow.