New Daz 3D Gallery Launches!

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I understand why on products used all those big icons to products are not listed but after the 1st 2 or 3 the others should be text linked in I think. I don't like that shortened list.

• plasma_ring said:

I think the only way it determines page order is by the order you upload in, but you can upload multiple images to a page by adding them on the side. :D Then people can read all the comic pages by just scrolling down through them. Here's an example of a multi-image page I did (although to get it to work I had to publish the page with only one image, and then go back and edit to add the others). 

Thank you.  That seems to work for me.  My very small gallery is open for visitors.

Hallelujah!

Disciple

• My thoughts on the new gallery:

Top images in my gallery:  Popular images at the top of my gallery page are way too big.  They push all the other artwork offscreen.  A viewers first impression of your gallery is only two and a half HUGE images that were designed as cropped thumbnails.

I would like to be able to manually put my best new images in the top big spot of my gallery rather than the "popular images" since the popular ones tend to be the oldest that aren't as good.  Second best option would be the "newest."

Main thumbnail grid:  Right now it defaults to "popular" which of course repeats the same old not-so-good images from long ago that you just saw huge.  I think it would be better if the artist's main page thumbnails defaulted to "newest."

Edit mode:

I didn't have any trouble uploading additional images on existing pages.  I haven't tried uploading a new image on a new page yet.

Description:  Carriage returns don't show up on the published page.

Tag and categories:  If you hold backspace to redo a tag it doesn't stop and deletes every previous tag so you have to retype everything.  Very annoying.

Can't create a new tag that does not appear in the dropdown.  There is no tag for "male."

Tag and category fields tend to scroll too far right and sometimes even left so you can't see the dropdowns or type in the fields.

There needs to be more categories.  For example there is "animal" and "creature" but nothing for "robot" or "mechanical."  There also needs to be something like "abstract" or "surreal."  It would also be nice to see a complete list of categories on the edit page so you know what the choices are.

Product list:  Am I reading correctly that the new gallery is hiding products you already own in the product list?  That's crazy.  What on earth is the value of actively hiding that information from people viewing images in the gallery.

Thumbnail crop:  Doesn't seem to work at all.  Nothing changes when I adjust it and save the page.

After saving in edit mode there doesn't seem to be a way to go directly to the published page you just saved to check it.  You have to go to MY ALBUMS and manually search for the image then click on it.  There needs to be a button to go directly to the published page from the edit page.

I find the button MY ALBUMS to be confusing.  MY GALLERY seems more logical since that's the page it goes to.

Liking:  There isn't a visual indication that you have previously liked an image.  The only way to tell is to click the heart and wait for the number to increase or get the error message.  There also doesn't seem to be a way to unlike an image that you liked by accident.

This is all with Firefox 85.0.2 on windows 10 pro

• dito to everything Eric said.  I find the not showing all the products listed if you own them to be especially annoying. Sometimes I see something used and don't know if I own it or not, it doesn't always look the same. This is especially true of character models. Also if I'm going to take the time to post what was used, please show it so I don't have to continually answer the what ______ did you use, because "oh I have that" is a very common response. 

• CricketCricket Posts: 436

kyoto kid said:

..is there or will there be a way to shuffle images around, such as in order when they were done? 

If you go to an artists gallery page, below their popular images banner, there are three boxes - "popluar", "newest" and "root gallery". You can sort images by clicking on one of these. 

• A couple other things. I LOVE that we can comment on comments now, thank you for that. It would be nice to be able to get a notification when your comment is replied too so that you don't have to keep going back and checking. Also there used to be a search function, and I can't find one in the new gallery. Makes it really hard to go back and find those conversations you are not getting notified about. :) 

• Very happy galleries are back.

Added a few pictures.

Pandora 8.1 is amazing

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5999567703113728#gallery=newest&page=1

• Alias52Alias52 Posts: 284

deathbycanon said:

A couple other things. I LOVE that we can comment on comments now, thank you for that. It would be nice to be able to get a notification when your comment is replied too so that you don't have to keep going back and checking. Also there used to be a search function, and I can't find one in the new gallery. Makes it really hard to go back and find those conversations you are not getting notified about. :) 

Yes, that is a good function. Perhaps with a toggle switch so people can choose whether they want to engage. Agree with the peopple who said they would rather see the newest when they first go to the gallery. It is good to have the trending ones, but not all the time. The popular images at the top are too large imo. I am curious why the market research is happening after the launch - perhaps an email/poll to find out what the users actually prefer in terms of features would have been handy. I have been incredibly keen to have a gallery back and appreciate there has been lots of work but  it is quite clunky and there are definite issues. I presume people actually looked at what worked over at Rendo etc?

Also, did I mention the image upload limit...

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,816

sueya said:

I have done as you suggested. Please can you also remove my comment. My image is called "Relaxing in the Brooklyn Apartment " I have noticed that when I view the image the only "item used" I see is the one I don't own. Is this correct?

Is this all fixed now as to what you wanted: IMAGE

• alisa53alisa53 Posts: 157
    edited February 2021

I try not to be negative but I'm through with tha gallery. I can't post to the new gallery. It's been down for months and it looks a little bit different but it's just as glitchy as ever. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited February 2021

Does anyone know how to "open in new tab"? When i try it, it suggests opening preview picture instead of a link to gallery item. Tried in firefox and edge.

Also, another much useful function lacking from old gallery is " most popular this week / most popular this month / most popular this year / most popular overall" toggles.

Post edited by akmerlow on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Is there a way to receive notifications when someone leaves a comment? I didn't realize people had left new comments, since I'm not getting emails like before.

I wish we can choose the categories we want to see.

for example, I've seen the popular pics, a dozen times already, and they don't change. Could I put "Men" There instead?

• RichardCRichardC Posts: 17
    edited February 2021

Alias52 said:

deathbycanon said:

A couple other things. I LOVE that we can comment on comments now, thank you for that. It would be nice to be able to get a notification when your comment is replied too so that you don't have to keep going back and checking. Also there used to be a search function, and I can't find one in the new gallery. Makes it really hard to go back and find those conversations you are not getting notified about. :) 

Yes, that is a good function. Perhaps with a toggle switch so people can choose whether they want to engage. Agree with the peopple who said they would rather see the newest when they first go to the gallery. It is good to have the trending ones, but not all the time. The popular images at the top are too large imo. I am curious why the market research is happening after the launch - perhaps an email/poll to find out what the users actually prefer in terms of features would have been handy. I have been incredibly keen to have a gallery back and appreciate there has been lots of work but  it is quite clunky and there are definite issues. I presume people actually looked at what worked over at Rendo etc?

Also, did I mention the image upload limit...

These are all great points.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5364928772833280#gallery=popular&page=1

Post edited by RichardC on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015
    edited February 2021

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sueya said:

I have done as you suggested. Please can you also remove my comment. My image is called "Relaxing in the Brooklyn Apartment " I have noticed that when I view the image the only "item used" I see is the one I don't own. Is this correct?

Yeah! Seeing products that I own as well as those yet to be purchased :-)   eta: Wait, that's a picture lol ... so I looked at the Gallery and yes, can see products listed that I own as well as those yet to be purchased. Nice fix thank you :-)

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Merged threads

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

AlfRaMusic said:

O.K. after some minor Problems, i managed to use the galleries now! It is not a miracle anymore! But my Artistname is my old one and I cannot find a way to report this to the staff! So please ist there an admin who could force the change of my name from Allibaba to AlfRaMusic?

Thanks in advance!smiley

@AlfRaMusic  Go to My Albums then click the edit on the far right then you can click on the name at the top and change it.  Then hit save edits.

• Daventaki said:

AlfRaMusic said:

O.K. after some minor Problems, i managed to use the galleries now! It is not a miracle anymore! But my Artistname is my old one and I cannot find a way to report this to the staff! So please ist there an admin who could force the change of my name from Allibaba to AlfRaMusic?

Thanks in advance!smiley

Thank @AlfRaMusic  Go to My Albums then click the edit on the far right then you can click on the name at the top and change it.  Then hit save edits.

Thank you very much, @Daventakismiley

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited February 2021

Criket said:

kyoto kid said:

..is there or will there be a way to shuffle images around, such as in order when they were done? 

If you go to an artists gallery page, below their popular images banner, there are three boxes - "popluar", "newest" and "root gallery". You can sort images by clicking on one of these. 

..I was thinking about this for being able to sort images in one's own root gallery so as for example, they could be manually sorted according to the date they were completed, not uploaded   

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142

Catherine3678ab said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sueya said:

Yeah! Seeing products that I own as well as those yet to be purchased :-)   eta: Wait, that's a picture lol ... so I looked at the Gallery and yes, can see products listed that I own as well as those yet to be purchased. Nice fix thank you :-)

By George, she's right! Thanks for that fix Daz, it's a big improvement. 

• ACueACue Posts: 114

eric susch said:

My thoughts on the new gallery:

Top images in my gallery:  Popular images at the top of my gallery page are way too big.  They push all the other artwork offscreen.  A viewers first impression of your gallery is only two and a half HUGE images that were designed as cropped thumbnails.

I would like to be able to manually put my best new images in the top big spot of my gallery rather than the "popular images" since the popular ones tend to be the oldest that aren't as good.  Second best option would be the "newest."

Main thumbnail grid:  Right now it defaults to "popular" which of course repeats the same old not-so-good images from long ago that you just saw huge.  I think it would be better if the artist's main page thumbnails defaulted to "newest."

Edit mode:

I didn't have any trouble uploading additional images on existing pages.  I haven't tried uploading a new image on a new page yet.

Description:  Carriage returns don't show up on the published page.

Tag and categories:  If you hold backspace to redo a tag it doesn't stop and deletes every previous tag so you have to retype everything.  Very annoying.

Can't create a new tag that does not appear in the dropdown.  There is no tag for "male."

Tag and category fields tend to scroll too far right and sometimes even left so you can't see the dropdowns or type in the fields.

There needs to be more categories.  For example there is "animal" and "creature" but nothing for "robot" or "mechanical."  There also needs to be something like "abstract" or "surreal."  It would also be nice to see a complete list of categories on the edit page so you know what the choices are.

Product list:  Am I reading correctly that the new gallery is hiding products you already own in the product list?  That's crazy.  What on earth is the value of actively hiding that information from people viewing images in the gallery.

Thumbnail crop:  Doesn't seem to work at all.  Nothing changes when I adjust it and save the page.

After saving in edit mode there doesn't seem to be a way to go directly to the published page you just saved to check it.  You have to go to MY ALBUMS and manually search for the image then click on it.  There needs to be a button to go directly to the published page from the edit page.

I find the button MY ALBUMS to be confusing.  MY GALLERY seems more logical since that's the page it goes to.

Liking:  There isn't a visual indication that you have previously liked an image.  The only way to tell is to click the heart and wait for the number to increase or get the error message.  There also doesn't seem to be a way to unlike an image that you liked by accident.

This is all with Firefox 85.0.2 on windows 10 pro

What he said! 100%

• 3CPO3CPO Posts: 156
    edited February 2021

@DAZ_ann0314

After too many attempts with three different browsers (Crome, Firefox and Opera) I finally managed to get 2 renders published. How I managed? I used a VPN to log in through a U.S. server!!!

I like to believe that the gallery is not meant to be used from within the U.S. only...So, as far as my experience goes, posting in the gallery continues to be a hassle, sadly, lacking many conveniences already expressed above, while even existing features are not working as intended. The most frustrating one being the inability to crop the image thumbnail, no matter how many different ways I tried.

Compared with the old gallery, apart from being laid onto a black background (which should be dark gray if you ask me), the overall experience lacks in many ways, sorry to say that.

In the end, I place myself in line with the others that are hoping to see REAL and well designed improvements to the long missed gallery. Hopefully soon.

Post edited by 3CPO on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

Well, for some reason today I am unable to upload anything.  When I try to create a page, it says that it "Saves", but it doesn't really.  And when I hit "Publish", it says that publishing failed.  I have tried multiple times, using two different methods (using the "post Image" button, and posting through the gallery page edit screen).  Nothing works.

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sueya said:

Yes thanks
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,816

Faeofthe3rdDimension said:

Well, for some reason today I am unable to upload anything.  When I try to create a page, it says that it "Saves", but it doesn't really.  And when I hit "Publish", it says that publishing failed.  I have tried multiple times, using two different methods (using the "post Image" button, and posting through the gallery page edit screen).  Nothing works.

Can you give me a link to your Gallery Page. I'll try to take a look at it.  

• AHArtAHArt Posts: 202
    edited February 2021

@DAZ_ann0314 publishing to the Gallery seems to be working for me now (and I can see the products used where I couldn't before, even the ones I already own)

A thought and a suggestion though. I love how the products used shows up with the "page" listing especially since you can see the price, BUT is there a way you can swap it with the comment section? I specifically look at renders and often click to see the products used if something peaks my interest and it can be a bit cumbersome to have to keep scrolling through comments just to get to that section (especially if there are a lot of comments).

Also, will we eventually be able to delete a wrong product if we acidentally add one? For me half the description is usually missing when it pops up, and when you use products that have several things associated with it, it is easy to add the wrong thing and not know it till it is already added. Might be a browser issue (I use Google) but when i go to add products the box is under the other products but as soon as I click on it and start typing, it throws it next to the product before it so the despriptions get cut off.

Capture.JPG
    618 x 505 - 47K
    Post edited by AHArt on
  • Just a quick heads up  -- Old forum links to your gallery images will need to be updated for the new gallery. Otherwise the link just goes to the gallery in general and not even to the specific users page

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425
    edited February 2021

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Faeofthe3rdDimension said:

Can you give me a link to your Gallery Page. I'll try to take a look at it.  

Thanks!  Here's my page https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5018211716169728#gallery=popular&page=1 (or click the "Gallery" link in my sig, I've updated it).

Post edited by Fae3D on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited February 2021

I've uploaded a few images to my gallery. The first image I uploaded was added to the Root Gallery. I don't usually use the Root Gallery. It took a minute or two to figure out how to create a new album and then rename it. It didn't take the first time I renamed it, keeping the New Album name. It took the second time. Not sure what I did differently.

Is there a way to remove an image from the Root Gallery (or any folder) and not completely unpublish it? Because at the moment, it looks like the only way to remove from a folder is to unpublish. I wasn't sure if that would only unpublish from that folder or from the whole gallery. If you unpublish, does the image still stay unhidden in the gallery or do you have to upload it again?

I wish it was easier to get to my hidden folders. When I first went to the gallery, I didn't see any of the folder I created under the old gallery that were hidden. I finally found them, but it was completely by accident. They don't show up when you select My Albums. I can get to hidden galleries by clicking on Edit. I didn't realize that the Edit meant to edit the folders.

Any idea if we will be able to create hidden galleries in the future?

I'm also not able to edit the thumbnail. The option is there but it does nothing.

Overall, I'm happy with it. Maybe. It will take a little getting used to.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • nasseralbassamnasseralbassam Posts: 104
    edited February 2021

there is no search

what if i want to search for like dt females art non will be there

what if i want somthing like hero or mabe king there are alot of typs this is bad

you can't find not even ninja and pirate

i  can't search on the things i want to look for alot don't want to click one after another 
    i do not want waste time 
    if i try to look for like a ninja cyberpunk girl i can't find one if only i should not have what i want it's hay ha just sci fi 

Edited to consolidate posts

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

...still can't get the crop thumbnail to work.  Deleted image and won't post any more until this is fixed. 

Also still need the ability to rearrange the order of images based on date completed, not submitted.