New Daz 3D Gallery Launches!

Comments

• junkjunk Posts: 1,229

DAZ_ann0314 said:

junk said:

On #4: Do you mean albums within albums? I just want to be sure I understand. 

Yes sir!  That's exactly what I meant to say and should have taken a little more time in my thoughts. 

• ACueACue Posts: 114

Charlie Judge said:

Here is what I found that works for me

1) Click on Galleries

2) Click on My Albums (Do NOT click on Post image)

3) Select either root gallery or another album and click on Edit (Again do NOT click on Post Image)

4) Once you click on edit there should be an unpublished items section with a box to add an image. Add your image to that box.

5) When your image has finished adding to that box, click on it

6) Add your page title and whatever description you want Then click on Save and then on Publish

Your image page should now appear in your selected gallery

Note: If I use the Post image links I see in steps 2 or 3 then my image will not publish properly'

I tried to follow your process, and actually do see my "unpublished" submissions, but continue to be unable to complete the posting process, as I continue to get the "failed to Publish" message.

• NarajNaraj Posts: 5

Charlie Judge said:

1) Click on Galleries

3) Select either root gallery or another album and click on Edit (Again do NOT click on Post Image)

4) Once you click on edit there should be an unpublished items section with a box to add an image. Add your image to that box.

6) Add your page title and whatever description you want Then click on Save and then on Publish

Note: If I use the Post image links I see in steps 2 or 3 then my image will not publish properly

That actually did the trick for me :)

Thank you

• ACueACue Posts: 114

I did manage to post a new image. Reading up on this thread, I followed the advice of creating a new gallery, and then posting a new image to that gallery. It worked.

• CWRWCWRW Posts: 86

Got it to work using Charlie Judge's method but yeah no joy on cropping the thumbnail yet...tried several times.

FWIW Firefox 78.7.1esr on Mac 10.11.6

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Can animations be added to the gallery? I'm not going to produce a whole lot, it's not practicle as a one person endeavor, but it would be nice to have a place to post if I did make one I liked enough that isn't dependant on FB and YouTube/Google's monetization schemes.

And my text in my old Gallery posts are now one long run-on sentence and the same happens for new posts too.

• CheetahkaCheetahka Posts: 168
    edited February 2021

Hip hip Huzzah the Gallery has Returned. A few kinks need a bit ol oil, but who isn't a bit stiff when you get up after a long rest. Well get there Be paient!

I hope the gallery will allow you to open up individual tabs or new windows for viewing pictures, it used to before. Now it will ONLY view the picture forcing you to reload an entire page each time. Not sure if that was a deliberate choice but I like not having to reload every time I just want to see a couple of pictures per section.

Post edited by Cheetahka on
  • TobiasTobias Posts: 106
    edited February 2021

I am seeing a sizing issue with the new gallery.

For instance, one of my images from the general gallery was uploaded at 1050x1050.

I am using Chrome and the display is set to 1920x1080

I click on the thumbnail and it opens the image with the information about the image.

I click that image and it expands it to fit a predetermined height (guessing about 1000 since it is slightly larger than the viewing area in the browser).

If I use the magnify cursor it then blows the image up to fit the 1920 screen width.  1050x1050 is now showing at 1920x1920.

If I open from the thumbnail and right click on the image on the information page and then choose open in a new tab, the new tab is labeled as main.jpg 1050x1050.

Go to the new tab.

Now when I click the magnify cursor the image goes to the correct size of 1050x1050.

Post edited by Tobias on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited February 2021

It would be great when clicking on "My Gallery" under the person icon, if it did not take me to the same page with the popular art. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Tobias said:

I am seeing a sizing issue with the new gallery.

For instance, one of my images from the general gallery was uploaded at 1050x1050.

I am using Chrome and the display is set to 1920x1080

I click on the thumbnail and it opens the image with the information about the image.

I click that image and it expands it to fit a predetermined height (guessing about 1000 since it is slightly larger than the viewing area in the browser).

If I use the magnify cursor it then blows the image up to fit the 1920 screen width.  1050x1050 is now showing at 1920x1920.

If I open from the thumbnail and right click on the image on the information page and then choose open in a new tab, the new tab is labeled as main.jpg 1050x1050.

Go to the new tab.

Now when I click the magnify cursor the image goes to the correct size of 1050x1050.

Reporting this, thank you.

• There have been a lot of threads speculating about the galleries since the site update.  Although I haven't made any comments, my own thoughts were that there would be no comment from Daz for 6 months, then the gallery button would quietly disappear.  I have to hold my hands up and say that my opinion was wrong, and the galleries are looking very impressive.

Thank you to Daz3D for bringing them back and to the staff who developed them.  I hope that what we are seeing now is going to make a great base for add-ons such as the search function mentioned by others here.  Definitely going to be nice to have the galleries back.

• no noseno nose Posts: 300

I cant publish images to the gallery, when I click the button it said that the page failed to publish.

Also when I tried to preview my upload, it brought me back to the main page without saving anything

• TobiasTobias Posts: 106
    edited February 2021

I've also noticed that when an image is published it immediately gets one like.

Is this a participation trophy? smiley

Post edited by Tobias on
  • Im getting a Page Faild to publish pop up every time i try and upload an image. 

• Tobias said:

I've also noticed that when an image is published it immediately gets one like.

Is this a participation trophy? smiley

It seems to assume that you liked your image because it won't let you "like" it again.

Also once liked there doesn't seem to be any way tp "unlike" an image 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,323
    edited February 2021

Martinjfrost said:

Im getting a Page Faild to publish pop up every time i try and upload an image. 

Are you trying to upload it to the blank box in the unpublished section of your gallery? That seems to be the only way I can get it to work:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6475596/#Comment_6475596

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited February 2021

DAZ_ann0314 said:

MelanieL said:

Well it looks bright and shiny but I have to ask: No search facility?

No search at the moment, but never fear, it will return smiley 

Great, thank you!

I'm another not seeing the product links on my own gallery images, but I'm on Chrome too, so I guess that might get sorted as and when.
    EDIT: Ah, I've just twigged that it's because I own all the products in my own image. I think someone else mentioned that a page or so ago and Richard said it would be followed up.

Apart from those two things, I'm quite impressed. yes

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Thank you; glad the Galleries have returned!

I have tried to post to the gallery multiple times, using a variety of methods including any directions that are listed here. I have deleted, reuploaded, changed sizes, but nothing seems to help because all my attempts to publish have are failed.  It seems some are able to post while others are not.   Hope there's a work around coming :)

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Charlie Judge said:

Martinjfrost said:

Im getting a Page Faild to publish pop up every time i try and upload an image. 

Are you trying to upload it to the blank box in the unpublished section of your gallery? That seems to be the only way I can get it to work:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6475596/#Comment_6475596

I tried this process and unfortunately it's not working for me, at least with a multi-image post.

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 406

What is with the DAZ gallery e-mail spam ? It doesn't make sense to me. 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Have you gotten comments on your images? Atleast I think that's the only time you get a mail from the gallery, can't say it is that of course but it's my guess :)

no it's from Ati <[email protected]

I think i'll need to remove that from my browser, each time someone uploads an image I'm getting an email XD 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited February 2021

hm.. that's the Daz Deals addon isn't it? Perhaps check to see if there is a setting there that can turn off that part?

edit - found some info for you in the official Daz Deals thread here hope that helps :) I realised I'm not getting any notifications from the add on as I haven't opted in for it, so it may be an idea to turn off the option to get Gallery notification in the add on settings, to see if that works for you :)

Post edited by Carola O on
  • AHArtAHArt Posts: 202

Charlie Judge said:

1) Click on Galleries

Note: If I use the Post image links I see in steps 2 or 3 then my image will not publish properly

This worked for me to publish however I cannot see my linked products 

Carola O said:

hm.. that's the Daz Deals addon isn't it? Perhaps check to see if there is a setting there that can turn off that part?

edit - found some info for you in the official Daz Deals thread here hope that helps :) I realised I'm not getting any notifications from the add on as I haven't opted in for it, so it may be an idea to turn off the option to get Gallery notification in the add on settings, to see if that works for you :)

let's hope that works lol  

• Charlie Judge said:

1) Click on Galleries

Finally worked for me!  Thank you so much.  But a very circutious route to get an image in the main DAZ gallery.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Just 'discovered' that the gallery is back, so thank you for that... smiley, however my 1st impressions (using the firefox browser) aren't that good. (And to emphasize, that is my personal/biased impression so feel free to disagree wink)

- not fond of the oversized popular images thumbnails

- not possible to open an image in a new tab (was possible in the old gallery); going back and forth between the thumbnail/gallery pages an image pages can be real slow...

- no preferences; right now the gallery defaults to 'trending'; I would like to set that (for me) to 'newest'

when going to 'my albums', and choosing to display 'newest, only the newest 24 images will be displayed; I do get a choice to go to page nr 2,3 etc. but they all show the same 24 images (I don't have a large gallery, but there are more then 24 images....)

So while overall the new gallery looks shiny, the lesser functionality (for me) does not make me liking browsing through it (yet?)..... just my 2cents....

• Finally got it to work!  I hope everyone else does too.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,772
    edited February 2021

First impression of the new gallery: one step forward, three steps back, and about ten to the side. I like that you can now answer to comments directly; but many basic functions I was hoping for are still nowhere to be seen, and in fact a few functions seem to be newly missing. I´ll let it settle for a few days and return.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • DiscipleDisciple Posts: 76
    edited February 2021

My gallery is small and new ATM, one album with four pages.  The pages are a comic, and I'd like to have them presented in order.  They're named in order, but I don't know how to force a sort-by-name, and I don't know how to manually edit page order.  I tried.  Is there a way?  Thanks for reopening, BTW.

Hallelujah!

Disciple

Post edited by Disciple on