New Daz 3D Gallery Launches!

1101112131416»

Comments

• thoreandanthoreandan Posts: 151

Is there no way to create a new tag? The existing tags seem to be very limiting. In this case I wanted to use "troubled" and "divided", and I wasn't able to win the guessing game to find similar concepts by typing related words. I understand limiting categories to a predefined list, of course, but not tags.

Then again, I guess it's pointless to worry about tags since I just realized there's no way to search the gallery anymore. What is the purpose of tags after all?

• thoreandanthoreandan Posts: 151

barbult said:

I am trying to publish a new page with two images. It has been sitting on "Publishing" with the jumping colored dots for many minutes. How long is this supposed to take? I am using Firefox browser on Windows 10.

I have the same problem, but I realized the images actually publish almost immediately, the submission page just doesn't seem to acknowledge it. I use Firefox also, maybe that's why it's only some people experiencing this. Anyway, as a workaround you can check if it actually published by opening another tab and going to your gallery to see if it's there, and that it works when you click on it. Then you can just close the original tab where you were publishing the image. Click "Save" before Publish, though, just in case.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    Thanks, for your advice. It looks like it did publish, but the gallery page never updated to show that it finished, just like you said. I find this new gallery to be much less functional than the previous one.
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,326
    edited August 2021

A couple of new "features" I've noticed occuring in the last few days.

1) I now have to enter something in the Description box

2) The likes on some of my images now show up as red.

Does anybody know what the purpose of these changes is?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • RodgerRodger Posts: 523
    edited August 2021

The red "likes seem to be on the newer posts. Today was the first I noticed them, but they seem to be on everyone's. As far as a purpose for anything they're doing in the gallery, you might as well ask if any of them know what they're doing. I still can't get the gallery to switch out of "trending", which is the worst jumbled up mess I've ever seen. The best thing they could do is scrap the whole thing, and go back to the pre"up grade" way it was! I just realized, the red  likes seem to be on renders I've liked as well as my own, which seem to get an automatic one even though I don't click it.

Post edited by Rodger on
  • SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    Yeah, the red shows you what you've favorited. I like this because I was sick of clicking on things I had already favorited only to have the "are you sure you want to remove this like?" dialog pop up. This should prevent that in the future.
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,326

certaintree38 said:

Yeah, the red shows you what you've favorited. I like this because I was sick of clicking on things I had already favorited only to have the "are you sure you want to remove this like?" dialog pop up. This should prevent that in the future.

Thanks. Now that I better understand how it works I like this new feature. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

The red for likes dates from when the new gallery came on line. All my images from before the new gallery finally came on line are still in white.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454
    edited August 2021

I tried without succes to post an image to my gallery. After I uploaded the picture and filled out the required information I clicked on save. It said my picture was saved. Should I have hit publish instead? I do not want to publish my image as some sort of NFT, I just want to display it in my gallery. Do mods have to approve the image before it shows up in one's gallery?

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,172

Yes, Publish is what actually puts your image in the gallery. Save just saves a draft of it, in case you're not ready to publish yet.

• TobiasTobias Posts: 106

After you hit save, you have to hit publish.

Thank you very much for the help. smiley

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,172

Tobias said:

After you hit save, you have to hit publish.

Actually, you don't even have to save it. You can just hit Publish as soon as you're done with it.

Thanks, that worked. yessmiley

• KCMustangKCMustang Posts: 113

DAZ_ann0314 said:

BlueFingers said:

Is there a way to change your gallery username? I changed my username a while a go on the forum but it did not effect my username with the gallery.

You should be able to edit it going to My Gallery - Edit and then clicking where the name is. It should then be an editable field.

I'm finding no editable name field under My Gallery, when I click Edit it only gives options for pictures and publishing. Am I looking in the wrong place?

• Space JingorohSpace Jingoroh Posts: 62
    edited March 2022

KCMustang said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

BlueFingers said:

Is there a way to change your gallery username? I changed my username a while a go on the forum but it did not effect my username with the gallery.

You should be able to edit it going to My Gallery - Edit and then clicking where the name is. It should then be an editable field.

I'm finding no editable name field under My Gallery, when I click Edit it only gives options for pictures and publishing. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I have tried that, but I can't seem to change the USERNAME that way.
     What I can change is the Albums name method. 

I would like to know how to change the USERNAME too.
     I registered a misspelled name by mistake, but I don't know how to fix it.

Post edited by Space Jingoroh on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

76Claudia2205 said:

Is there a manual how it works to add images to the gallery? I've already failed twice.
    If anyone can give a link to a tutorial that would be great. Thanks :)

Did you see the video in the second post of this thread? If that isn't working, please describe the steps you are following. Do note that, if you are new to gallery posting, there is a validation step before your image will appear.

I had a look at that video, NOT ONE MENTION OF HOW TO UPLOAD, OR ANY LIMITS ETC.....and people woner why soooooo many here don't bother, when asking what should be a simple question, in the 'right place to ask it' gets zero response after 5 days, this isn'y the first time I've had aggro with galleries, it may well be the last, as if i don't get a simple explanation, I won't waste hours of my time trying to 'mind read a brick wall'.....