[Released] MARSA Anaglyph3D [Commercial]

Comments

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Look up "lenticular" plastic sheets. I think you can have up to 5 animated frames with ordinary, garden grade plastic.

I have seen it scaled up to poster size.

When I run the anaglyph 3D script in Daz Studio I get "Error opening file. See log for details".

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,872

More information on such effect is on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenticular_printing

• Artini said:

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

this looks interesting might be pretty cool for framed pints/canvas prints. Just an idea for another product along these lines if possible I've seen and own some pictures not sure what they're called but they're pictures where depending what angle your looking from/at the image changes to something different though that may be to hard to create and use for a printed image guessing they create the effect with images on transparent material

I doubt, it could be created by printing on the paper.

It will be interesting to see, if it is possible to do with 3D printer.

Maybe some owner of 3D printer will explain such technique for us.

I have seen such cards long time ago and the effect is amazing.

One can bend such card in different ways and the image changes slightly.

Yeah, from what I understand that is a special printing technique.  Nothing we can do in DS! smiley

• Roman_K2 said:

When I run the anaglyph 3D script in Daz Studio I get "Error opening file. See log for details".

Saw your message.  I am glad you got it working.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited February 2021

Roman_K2 said:

I received the same error message when installing via DAZ Connect.  The readme doesn't work either. 

I got it working by uninstalling the DAZ Connect install and re-install via DIM. 

Edit:  With a 1920x1080p screen resolution,  I had an issue the initial script window was too large and couln't get to the reset/save settings/render/cancel buttons at the bottom.  Window sizing controls wasn't cooperating to reduce the script window size.  I had to go into options, reduce the preview size to Medium and kept on clicking around the window and eventually I was able to see the complete window. Clickin on SAVE SETTINGS and the script window maintained it's size with subsequent script launches.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Lindsey said:

Roman_K2 said:

I received the same error message when installing via DAZ Connect.  The readme doesn't work either. 

I got it working by uninstalling the DAZ Connect install and re-install via DIM. 

Sigh.  Daz Connect does not like me smiley

Edit:  With a 1920x1080p screen resolution,  I had an issue the initial script window was too large and couln't get to the reset/save settings/render/cancel buttons at the bottom.  Window sizing controls wasn't cooperating to reduce the script window size.  I had to go into options, reduce the preview size to Medium and kept on clicking around the window and eventually I was able to see the complete window. Clickin on SAVE SETTINGS and the script window maintained it's size with subsequent script launches.

That was the purpose of those options, to help with screens that are small.

Sorry... I'm a bit lost. Where are the "options", again? I happened to be using a 1440 pixels-wide display today but I can try 1920 x 1080 later in the week. smiley

• Rogue7Rogue7 Posts: 122

Having issues with the script (hope this is the best place for help)

I have installed through DIM to solve the 'Error opening file' error, but this is the new error that comes up in the log, I have the AN3D camera set as the active viewport

2021-02-17 11:45:59.274 Error in script execution: M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/scripts/riversoft art/anaglyph3d/marsa anaglyph3d.dse
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.584 Loading script: M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/scripts/riversoft art/anaglyph3d/marsa anaglyph3d.dse
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.591 DEBUG: FOUND: M:/DAZ 3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_58367/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.597 DEBUG: FOUND: M:/DAZ 3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67659/data/riversoft art/common/rs2019helperfunctions.dse
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.601 DEBUG: FOUND: M:/DAZ 3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67659/data/riversoft art/common/rs2020helperfunctions.dse
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.605 DEBUG: FOUND: M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAnaglyphConstants.dsa
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.610 DEBUG: FOUND: M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAnaglyphFunctions.dse
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.616 WARNING: Script Error: Line 595
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.616 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: MessageDialogCritical
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.616 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/scripts/riversoft art/anaglyph3d/marsa anaglyph3d.dse:595
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.617 Error in script execution: M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/scripts/riversoft art/anaglyph3d/marsa anaglyph3d.dse

Any suggestions?

• Rogue7 said:

I have installed through DIM to solve the 'Error opening file' error, but this is the new error that comes up in the log, I have the AN3D camera set as the active viewport

2021-02-17 11:45:59.274 Error in script execution: M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/scripts/riversoft art/anaglyph3d/marsa anaglyph3d.dse
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.584 Loading script: M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/scripts/riversoft art/anaglyph3d/marsa anaglyph3d.dse
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.591 DEBUG: FOUND: M:/DAZ 3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_58367/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.597 DEBUG: FOUND: M:/DAZ 3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67659/data/riversoft art/common/rs2019helperfunctions.dse
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.601 DEBUG: FOUND: M:/DAZ 3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67659/data/riversoft art/common/rs2020helperfunctions.dse
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.605 DEBUG: FOUND: M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAnaglyphConstants.dsa
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.610 DEBUG: FOUND: M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAnaglyphFunctions.dse
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.616 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: MessageDialogCritical
        <anonymous>()@M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/scripts/riversoft art/anaglyph3d/marsa anaglyph3d.dse:595
    2021-02-17 11:46:23.617 Error in script execution: M:/DAZ 3D/Paid Content/scripts/riversoft art/anaglyph3d/marsa anaglyph3d.dse

Any suggestions?

It is pulling in RS2020HelperFunctions.dse from the Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female product (product id=67659).  Could this be out of date?  The last time RS2020HelperFunctions was changed in the Feb-Mar 2020 timeframe.

• Roman_K2 said:

Sorry... I'm a bit lost. Where are the "options", again? I happened to be using a 1440 pixels-wide display today but I can try 1920 x 1080 later in the week. smiley

At the top of the dialog, there are two tabs: Preview and Options.  Click Options.

• MartirillaMartirilla Posts: 173
    edited February 2021

Thanks. Looks great. Before I pose my questions I should note that I hope to use this to do what was intended - and am not trying to make it into something it isn't (as many others seem to be doing).

I assume this script will be useful for making "3D comics" pages, for rapid viewing with red-blue anaglyph glasses? If so...

1. Should the page be composed 'in one go', since that is how it will be viewed? Or, will frame-by-frame renders still work for the viewer when these frames are laid out on a page? Because I'm thinking that each frame will assume a different 'viewing point', and thus a page would have five or six favoured viewing points - but the reader only has one pair of eyes.

2. Would it be best if the two colors rendered were tuned to the exact color of the available glasses? Shades and colorings vary wildly in cheap/free 3D glasses, of the sort that people are likely to have lying around the house. If so, is there a way to plug the known hex color values into the script? 

3. Does the density of the blacks matter much - I ask because 3D comics of the 1960s and 70s comics that use the effect are fairly 'lightly printed' in terms of the blacks. Most 3D comics use very dark renders or dense blacks, so the question seems relevant.

Post edited by Martirilla on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,527

Roman_K2 said:

...analyglyphic 3D of color images is not only ugly due to unnatural imbalance of the chroma levels, it also creates excessive stress...

I have heard of people apparently getting sick from certain VR and 3D displays and movies, but IMO little bit of anaglyph is amusing.

I have the paper-and-plastic glasses for ColorCode 3-D which adds (or is based on?) the color yellow. Not bad. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ColorCode_3-D

If I'm not mistaken you can also render twice in DAZ Studio, with the "camera" shifted a bit on the horizontal plane, to create a three-dimensional effect. The inexpensive lorgnettes (like opera glasses, sort of?) that Berezin 3D sells is one way of viewing this stuff.

Of course you could go all the way with high-grade glass lenses ($$$) instead of cheap plastic. smiley

I made my own camera prop for stereo images, it's just two cameras side by side, which I pointed at to a small ball primitive - Rendering through the cameras one after another and then combining the images in graphics editor and it works.

Way back when certain parts of the opposite gender were constantly in the mind of a young boy, and 3D was a thing in certain magazines, I made the glasses out of colored rulers and that worked too smiley

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,872

Just checked, I have only red / green glasses, so they does not work.

And I think, I am too old for that (or at least my eyes).

• Rogue7Rogue7 Posts: 122

was no pending update for the Gen 2 to Gen 8 product, but uninstalled & reinstalled, and the script is working, thanks :)

RiverSoftArt said:

Rogue7 said:

Any suggestions?

It is pulling in RS2020HelperFunctions.dse from the Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female product (product id=67659).  Could this be out of date?  The last time RS2020HelperFunctions was changed in the Feb-Mar 2020 timeframe.

• Martirilla said:

Thanks. Looks great. Before I pose my questions I should note that I hope to use this to do what was intended - and am not trying to make it into something it isn't (as many others seem to be doing).

I assume this script will be useful for making "3D comics" pages, for rapid viewing with red-blue anaglyph glasses? If so...

1. Should the page be composed 'in one go', since that is how it will be viewed? Or, will frame-by-frame renders still work for the viewer when these frames are laid out on a page? Because I'm thinking that each frame will assume a different 'viewing point', and thus a page would have five or six favoured viewing points - but the reader only has one pair of eyes.

I am not sure but I don't think it needs to be in one go.

2. Would it be best if the two colors rendered were tuned to the exact color of the available glasses? Shades and colorings vary wildly in cheap/free 3D glasses, of the sort that people are likely to have lying around the house. If so, is there a way to plug the known hex color values into the script? 

We support the red/cyan glasses right now only.

3. Does the density of the blacks matter much - I ask because 3D comics of the 1960s and 70s comics that use the effect are fairly 'lightly printed' in terms of the blacks. Most 3D comics use very dark renders or dense blacks, so the question seems relevant.

I am pretty sure blacks matter as they will overpower any red/cyan overlap, rendering the 3D effect marginal in those areas.

• Artini said:

Just checked, I have only red / green glasses, so they does not work.

And I think, I am too old for that (or at least my eyes).

I got red/cyan clip-ons so they could go on my readers, which worked for me.

• Rogue7 said:

was no pending update for the Gen 2 to Gen 8 product, but uninstalled & reinstalled, and the script is working, thanks :)

RiverSoftArt said:

Rogue7 said:

Any suggestions?

Awesome!  Glad it is working.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

This is a clever, really interesting product and I'm having fun trying it out. 

I bought it because I wanted to make 3D pictures using AM's animals (eg a koala up a tree with landscape and trees behind) - but I've quickly realised that this doesn't seem to be possible because the LAMH Catalyzer menu requires its own render button to be pressed and I can't combine that with pressing the Anaglyph render button. 

Can anyone think of a workaround to get (for example) a koala WITH HAIR in an anaglyph image?

• JamieM said:

I bought it because I wanted to make 3D pictures using AM's animals (eg a koala up a tree with landscape and trees behind) - but I've quickly realised that this doesn't seem to be possible because the LAMH Catalyzer menu requires its own render button to be pressed and I can't combine that with pressing the Anaglyph render button. 

Can anyone think of a workaround to get (for example) a koala WITH HAIR in an anaglyph image?

I would run the script and set the options to Persist the Cameras after exit.  Then you could render each using their renderer and combine in Photoshop.

RiverSoftArt said:

JamieM said:

I would run the script and set the options to Persist the Cameras after exit.  Then you could render each using their renderer and combine in Photoshop.

Thank you! I'll try that.

• I ordered some cheap cardboard anaglyph glasses from Amazon to take a look at the promo pictures.  It's not VR, but it is a lot of fun (and a lot cheaper).  I've taken a look at the two 360 images on the product page, and the ones in this thread, but I am sure that there were more images on the product page on launch day.  Were they removed, or am I imagining things?

Regardless, it is fun enough that I'm going to buy the product now and have a play.

edited February 2021

RiverSoftArt said: "I would run the script and set the options to Persist the Cameras after exit.  Then you could render each using their renderer and combine in Photoshop."

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm not sure that I have got this right! Are these the correct steps?

1 I create a scene including animals with LAMH Catalyzer hair. View through a camera (not perspective view).

2 Run MARSA Anagylph3D. Use default settings but in addition tick (1) Red and Cyan images AND (2) Persist cameras after exit. Click Render button.

This then produces two images - a red image and a cyan image and leaves a new camera - "AN3D Red Anagylph camera" as well as my original camera.

I can then go to the LAMH Catalyzer and render new scenes using the two cameras - the default and the Red Anagylph camera.

BUT ... the two cameras only produce normal colour images. The Red camera is shifted in 3D viewpoint but isn't red.   so - I can get two 3D-shifted images - but without any red or cyan colouring. If I load these into Photoshop, I can with some difficulty approximate the colours needed (but it's not a straightforward step and requires more than simply adjusting hue/saturation).

Is that the sequence you were suggesting - or have I missed something?

Post edited by JamieM on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

JamieM said:

RiverSoftArt said: "I would run the script and set the options to Persist the Cameras after exit.  Then you could render each using their renderer and combine in Photoshop."

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm not sure that I have got this right! Are these the correct steps?

1 I create a scene including animals with LAMH Catalyzer hair. View through a camera (not perspective view).

2 Run MARSA Anagylph3D. Use default settings but in addition tick (1) Red and Cyan images AND (2) Persist cameras after exit. Click Render button.

This then produces two images - a red image and a cyan image and leaves a new camera - "AN3D Red Anagylph camera" as well as my original camera.

I can then go to the LAMH Catalyzer and render new scenes using the two cameras - the default and the Red Anagylph camera.

BUT ... the two cameras only produce normal colour images. The Red camera is shifted in 3D viewpoint but isn't red.   so - I can get two 3D-shifted images - but without any red or cyan colouring. If I load these into Photoshop, I can with some difficulty approximate the colours needed (but it's not a straightforward step and requires more than simply adjusting hue/saturation).

Take a look at the excellent free program SteroPhoto Maker. It can combine your two renders from different cameras into a red/cyan anaglyph, as well as many other 3D viewable options. There is no need to mess around in Photoshop to approximate colors. Even some old Daz official documentation recommends StereoPhoto Maker. 

edited February 2021

barbult : ​Take a look at the excellent free program SteroPhoto Maker. It can combine your two renders from different cameras into a red/cyan anaglyph, as well as many other 3D viewable options. There is no need to mess around in Photoshop to approximate colors. Even some old Daz official documentation recommends StereoPhoto Maker.

That's really useful. Thanks. I've had a quick go and it seems to work well.

Post edited by JamieM on

Dim Reaper said:

I ordered some cheap cardboard anaglyph glasses from Amazon to take a look at the promo pictures.  It's not VR, but it is a lot of fun (and a lot cheaper).

I have seen... 3D video in the recent past. So what you get is TWO square-ish video panes in a... 1280 x 720 (landscape) field and it's viewable via Google Cardboard and probably some of the other VR headsets, eg. you put a smartphone into the Cardboard and watch the show sort of thing.

An aside about the video - there is a whole thing going on right now (2020-2021) where you can no longer download stuff. That is to say iTunes for example lets you keep stuff but there's still some DRM on it... and with regular TV shows you get a bit more slack. I noticed that on my tablet with "Youtube Premium" I cannot access the video clips (for copying or importing into a video editor) - at least not in Android.

Anyway back to random 3D video: it wasn't exactly the cat's meow but I suppose it was mildly interesting. Probably the Alfred Hitchcock movie Saboteur (where bad guy spy Bob Cummings gets the "drop" at the end) would be good in this format... IMO Disney's Haunted House was a bit more interesting and large circular hologram 'movies' (where the ghostly object  floats in the middle and you can walk around it) are a bit more so.

Berezin as a lot of 3-D stuff incl. cheap plastic lorgnettes, as well as good quality, glass red/cyan glasses.

I have seen the red-blue glasses included in some specialty DVD's, like rock concert recordings. So so, with the reduced color and so on. Looked interesting displayed big on the wall with an SVGA-capable projector. Like you are really there, sort of.

• JamieM said:

No, that is right.  Bring both images into photoshop/gimp, layer them, and turn off the red channel for one layer and green-blue channels for the others.

• Dim Reaper said:

I ordered some cheap cardboard anaglyph glasses from Amazon to take a look at the promo pictures.  It's not VR, but it is a lot of fun (and a lot cheaper).  I've taken a look at the two 360 images on the product page, and the ones in this thread, but I am sure that there were more images on the product page on launch day.  Were they removed, or am I imagining things?

Regardless, it is fun enough that I'm going to buy the product now and have a play.

Ack, you are right.  Our images have disappeared from the product! surprise

• I'm very much enjoying this product and experimenting with the filament renderer but I have one minor issue - on the Options tab, if I select Very Large (1024x1024) then the bottom of the window disappears off the bottom of my 1920x1080 screen and there is no way of resizing the window.  On loading again, the top of the window was missing.Going back to the 512x512 preview does not resize the window - you have to close the plugin after changing the preview size back down, then resize the window once it reappears showing the bottom.   Not a biggie, but if in a future update a zoom could be added to enable us to have 1024x1024 preview at say 85% then that would be very useful.  Or maybe I need to buy one of those UHD monitors...

• Dim Reaper said:

I'm very much enjoying this product and experimenting with the filament renderer but I have one minor issue - on the Options tab, if I select Very Large (1024x1024) then the bottom of the window disappears off the bottom of my 1920x1080 screen and there is no way of resizing the window.  On loading again, the top of the window was missing.Going back to the 512x512 preview does not resize the window - you have to close the plugin after changing the preview size back down, then resize the window once it reappears showing the bottom.   Not a biggie, but if in a future update a zoom could be added to enable us to have 1024x1024 preview at say 85% then that would be very useful.  Or maybe I need to buy one of those UHD monitors...

I am glad you like it!

I haven't been able to figure out a way to allow resizing below a minimum constrained by the image.  That is the reason I added the choice, so you can choose what works best for your monitor (and for your patience as the filtering can be a little slow on the big preview).