[Released] MARSA Anaglyph3D [Commercial]

Comments

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353
    edited February 2021

Dim Reaper said:

... I have one minor issue - on the Options tab, if I select Very Large (1024x1024) then the bottom of the window disappears off the bottom of my 1920x1080 screen and there is no way of resizing the window.  On loading again, the top of the window was missing.Going back to the 512x512 preview does not resize the window - you have to close the plugin after changing the preview size back down, then resize the window once it reappears showing the bottom.   Not a biggie, but if in a future update a zoom could be added to enable us to have 1024x1024 preview at say 85% then that would be very useful.  Or maybe I need to buy one of those UHD monitors...

I had this problem too. In my case I had to go into taskbar settings and set my taskbar to "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode". This allowed me to finally reach the bottom right hand corner arrow of the window for resizing. 

Post edited by JamieM on
  • RiverSoftArt said:

I haven't been able to figure out a way to allow resizing below a minimum constrained by the image.  That is the reason I added the choice, so you can choose what works best for your monitor (and for your patience as the filtering can be a little slow on the big preview).

That's fair enough - I've put it back on 512x512 and I'll leave it there.  When I first put it on the 1024x1024 I think I was confusing the preview size with the final render size. 

• JamieM said:

I has this problem too. In my case I had to go into taskbar settings and set my taskbar to "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode". This allowed me to finally reach the bottom right hand corner arrow of the window for resizing. 

That's a better way than what I came up with - I just pressed Tab until I thought I was in the right place and then crossed my fingers and hit Enter! 

Really fun product. Thank you!

One nice feature is that I can go back to some of my old images and very simply transform them into 3D.

One confusion:

The preview is square for a rectangular image. This is quite confusing. I thought I had to reframe the whole scene – but the render then came out rectangular.  I wonder why the preview can’t show the whole image?

A request

Could there be more options – i.e.

• An option to just set the two cameras in position and “persist” them. (I don’t want to go through the whole rendering process if all I want is the offset cameras)
    • An option to only render one of the two anaglyph images – e.g. red OR cyan ie if there has been a problem with only one of the images.
    Skeletons fight.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 527K
  • JamieM said:

Really fun product. Thank you!

One nice feature is that I can go back to some of my old images and very simply transform them into 3D.

One confusion:

The preview is square for a rectangular image. This is quite confusing. I thought I had to reframe the whole scene – but the render then came out rectangular.  I wonder why the preview can’t show the whole image?

A request

Could there be more options – i.e.

• An option to just set the two cameras in position and “persist” them. (I don’t want to go through the whole rendering process if all I want is the offset cameras)

This seems like a good idea.

• An option to only render one of the two anaglyph images – e.g. red OR cyan ie if there has been a problem with only one of the images.

I am having trouble imagining when this would be a case?

RiverSoftArt said:

I'm currently doing an image where each separate red/cyan render is taking over 12 hours - so over 24 hours in total.  If one of the two images fails (eg a power problem, update, crash etc) then I'd need to restart both renders from scratch. 

• JamieM said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I'm currently doing an image where each separate red/cyan render is taking over 12 hours - so over 24 hours in total.  If one of the two images fails (eg a power problem, update, crash etc) then I'd need to restart both renders from scratch. 

Ah.  That does make sense laugh

• JamieM said:

RiverSoftArt said:

BTW, I would recommend if you are rendering Iray to set the Max Time and/or Max Samples to make sure the Iray renderer will quit in a timely manner.

Thanks. Generally I would limit it but this is an image with some complex fog effects - that's why it's taking a long time.  I was curious how they'd work in 3D. It wouldn't look good with short render times.   

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,873

Is it possible to use this with red / green glasses. I got such glasses together with the dvd movie, long time ago.

edited February 2021

This is the render that took me over one day!  (And - sigh - I've only just noticed the wild reins at the front - So now for another 24+ hours - or some subtle photoshopping)

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5604358972506112#gallery=album7904636&page=1&image=1123868

Post edited by JamieM on
  • Artini said:

Is it possible to use this with red / green glasses. I got such glasses together with the dvd movie, long time ago.

You could probably use it with red/green glasses too, though you may need to do the layering in PS to get the correct look.

• JamieM said:

This is the render that took me over one day!  (And - sigh - I've only just noticed the wild reins at the front - So now for another 24+ hours - or some subtle photoshopping)

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5604358972506112#gallery=album7904636&page=1&image=1123868

I like the look on the horses! laugh  Thanks for sharing!

• Great stuff RiverSoft Art. I have expirmented with a few Red/Cyan creations and it works very well. I am using quite a low powered laptop at the moment so when it comes to creating an Anaglyph render I have my render settings quite low. Mainly a lower final picture size and quality. This cuts down render times and I still get the 3D picture which due to the colour filtered glasses, does not need the detail a non 3D render would require for my needs. Cheers

• What if the final render is not the exact match as the preview? I tested the preview with the glasses and it looked great, however with the final render it was really off. I have tried with other images and the results all matched the preview, but not this one.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

How does this work in VR with an Oculus Quest 2? How would I view the images in the headset?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Wonderland said:

How does this work in VR with an Oculus Quest 2? How would I view the images in the headset?

This is not for VR. This is designed for the old red/cyan 3D glasses. 

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372

riverman63 said:

Great stuff RiverSoft Art. I have expirmented with a few Red/Cyan creations and it works very well. I am using quite a low powered laptop at the moment so when it comes to creating an Anaglyph render I have my render settings quite low. Mainly a lower final picture size and quality. This cuts down render times and I still get the 3D picture which due to the colour filtered glasses, does not need the detail a non 3D render would require for my needs. Cheers

I am so glad you like it!

(BTW, apologies for replying so late.  I did not get the notification you posted)

combined_arts_42fbf1979b said:

What if the final render is not the exact match as the preview? I tested the preview with the glasses and it looked great, however with the final render it was really off. I have tried with other images and the results all matched the preview, but not this one.

Without seeing the images and settings, I cannot guess what happened.

(BTW, apologies for replying so late.  I did not get the notification you posted)

barbult said:

Wonderland said:

@Barbult is 100% correct (thanks @barbult!).  This is for anaglyph 3d glasses, specifically the red/cyan ones.

edited April 2021

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Wonderland said:

@Barbult is 100% correct (thanks @barbult!).  This is for anaglyph 3d glasses, specifically the red/cyan ones.

This line was confusing then :

A 360 Spherical lens camera is included so you can create 3D images for VR, import into 360 viewers, or create HDRIs!

I've never used lens distortion spherical, is this the same thing or different? Sorry, still confused about what the product is and how it can be used for VR or HDRIs...

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459

Hi Wonderland. I'm not familiar with Oculus Quest 2. This camera produces the 3D red/cyan 360 image needed to for VR and HDRIs but some adjustment and conversion may be needed.

Parameters Tab/lens/distortion/spherical is where you can convert a regular camera to render as a spherical image. We have included one of these cameras so you don't need to adjust one. Yes, they are the same thing.

I found this for getting the image into Quest 2: https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-2-and-Quest/Is-there-a-photo-viewing-app-for-Quest-2/td-p/843783

Once you have it imported You'll need the red/cyan glass to see the image in 3D

OR If you only want a 360 image then you dont need the anaglyph script at all. Just convert a regular camera to spherical

smiley Hope this helps, let me know if not or if you have any more questions related to the anaglyph 3D product

Wonderland said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Wonderland said:

This line was confusing then :

A 360 Spherical lens camera is included so you can create 3D images for VR, import into 360 viewers, or create HDRIs!

I've never used lens distortion spherical, is this the same thing or different? Sorry, still confused about what the product is and how it can be used for VR or HDRIs...

OK thanks. It’s probably not what I’m looking for right now. But cool product! 

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Hi cridgit. In the options settings of the dialogue, you can choose to export the red and cyan as separate images. Then you can adjust the red image to your liking through an image editing program; photoshop, gimp, etc.. Once adjusted you can combine the two images and save as a singular image. Both photoshop and Gimp have layer blend/overlay settings that will allow you to blend the two images. Another option for you is to render separate images from the two cameras the anaglyph script creates and blend those images using the DAZ Render editor. See images below

cridgit said:

I've never done anaglyph rendering before, so I purchased this product and a pair of red/cyan glasses to experiment a bit. I managed to adjust offset and shift to get an ok image, but its not great I think because the colour of the red lens doesn't exactly match the red used by the renderer. Through the blue lens I can see the blue preview whereas the red preview is completely black. However, through the red lens I can see both the blue and red previews.

Is it possible to slightly adjust the red tone of the renderer to match the lenses more precisely? I looked through the settings and data files but didn't see a value so I'm hoping it hasn't been hard coded.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 114214.png
    624 x 187 - 48K
    Screenshot 2021-05-04 114353.png
    1375 x 844 - 120K
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited May 2021

I understand. Sorry, you had trouble. RiverSoft Art and I created dozens of renders with this product before releasing it and used multiple types of red/cyan glasses. We never noticed a need to adjust the red or cyan. There is much more to this product than just tinting the images. It has been out since February and I have not received feedback that the colors are off. If we had received several complaints we would have updated the product. I gave you two options for adjusting the colors to work with your unique glasses. Of Course, returning the product is another.

Thank you for the info but if I have to adjust/composite the images by hand it kind of defeats the purpose of spending $23 on the product in the first place.

If you don't have plans to make the colour tone a configurable setting I'll probably just request a refund. Sorry.

Post edited by Marshian on
  • ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439
    edited July 2021

My first attempt with this. UltraScenery made it grunt a bit in preview mode, but we got there.
    Very happy with the results.

I'm going to enjoy this laugh

Now, has anyone got a time machine I can borrow so that I can show this to 15 year-old me?

3d Test_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 207K
    Post edited by ecks201 on

ecks201 said:

My first attempt with this. UltraScenery made it grunt a bit in preview mode, but we got there.
    Very happy with the results.

I'm going to enjoy this laugh

Now, has anyone got a time machine I can borrow so that I can show this to 15 year-old me?

Tell me about it!  I would have played with this for days! smiley

Thanks for sharing.

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 413

RiversoftArt, would it be possible for you to make your 360 sample images downloadable?

I noticed that SteamVR's Media Player has an anaglyph mode and I want to see how well it works with your stereo 360 images.