46th Bryce Render Challenge *Smoke and Mirrors*

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

Yellow Pen : thank you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

adbc, that's wonderful. Great colours!

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Hansmar 
    I seen what you said & took your advice, replaced the image without so much bump on the abdomen of the figure

Hansmar : thank you.

edited March 2021

S Ray, did you change your image on the original page? Makes it hard to see a difference. Or did you (accidentally) not add the image yet?

My second entry. The illusion of a (half) ring of lady fighters. I used one lady, one of the Genesis series with a character. I always forget to note down which one and then do not save the DAZ-file, sorry. There is also one fire, one smoke column and multiple bullets. The illusion of the ring of fighters, of course, created by two reflective planes. And there is a home-made lens giving the slightly circular effect and the strange items at the upper corners of the render, which I happen to like. The girl is inside the lens. Lights from the sun and a HDRI containing sky by Horo, as well as a distant light. The green and purple and brownish stripes (curved or straight) are caused by an additional sphere, slightly smaller than the lens and cut-out by two negative cubes to prevent the girl to be cut-off by the (metal mesh) texture of that sphere.

The scene is inspired by The matrix film series, which is all about (digital) illusions (or not).

Title: The matrix

The matrix.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 961K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

Wow Hansmar, I really love the effect, excellent render

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119

Hansmar - great effect, excellent entry.

Hansmar : fantastic effect, very well done.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Hansmar: I agree with Mermaid and Horo.

Great entry.

mermaid010, Horo, adbc, Yellow Pen: Thank you. I was not completely happy yet, so presently another version is brewing. This version will have different lighting and a slightly different view, due to another camerasetting. Let's see when it is happy, what I (and you) think.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

S Ray, she is beautiful.   I don't mind so much her torso skin.  It almost looks like she has blue paint on her.

I love this one adbc.

Hansmar, like a scene out of The Matrix, cool.

NGartplay, Thanks. That was the inspiration, indeed.

NGartplay : thank you.

edited March 2021

Here is a new version of my previous render. I have my opinion on whether it is an improvement, but do not want to influence your view. So, do you think this is an improvement compared to the previous one?

The matrix_a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - the first one has warmer colours, the second has a brighter background, the flying "bullets" are differently positioned. I find it hard to decide but I think the overall impression on the second is better.

edited March 2021

Hansmar : I agree with Horo.

My third entry : Rolling mirror balls, smoke and things.

I used 2 free portals, the figure is V4 transformed as elf, and HDRI sky and the smoke is generated by a sphere.

Rolling mirror balls, smoke and things...jpg
    910 x 418 - 104K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - beautiful entry, very nice idea, too.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

Hansmar - I prefer the warmth of the 1st one.

Adbc - your 3rd entry is awesome very nicely done

Horo, mermaid : thank you.

Horo, adbc, mermaid: thanks.

adbc: very nice render. The mirror balls show things that are mysterious, which I like a lot.

Hansmar : thank you.

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449

Thanks  everyone

S Ray Super entry nice mood

adbc lovely imaginative entries 

Hansmar great idea.The second render is better for me because it brings the viewer into the picture by the placement of the large left bullets

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Hansmar: I agree with Horo and adbc.

adbc: very nice another entry.

spuddy, Yellow Pen : thank you.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2021

drachenlords said:

Thanks, MelanieL and eed 3D.

~   you're  welcomes   ~  heart   ex·cel·lent

Post edited by ed3D on
  • @ Hansmar: The matrix - really cool effect. I think the first, warmer version is better.

@ adbc: Rolling mirror balls, smoke and things - really good picture. A lot to discover and the mirror balls give the picture a mysterious touch.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited March 2021

This challenge has produced some very clever and imaginative takes on the theme. A well done to all! Here's my first entry.

Title: “The Illusionist”.

Genesis 2 female, hair and outfit from DAZ3D. Spiky object and mirror created in Modo. Mirrors random replicated in Bryce. Scene surrounded by a “smoky" volumetric Bryce cube. Illuminated by 4 multi colored spot lights. Rendered at Normal AA, about 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Thanks so much for looking!

Bryce Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/10dulcbue/

Voyager 4 Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/16xw3g6au/

Illusionist.jpg
    1400 x 1049 - 154K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on

Yellow Pen, Drachenlords, thank you.

Dan Whiteside: Very clever play with all those mirrors, showing just a part of her. Great colour scheme and lights too.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Oh dear, I'm miles behind on this thread! Sorry that some of these comments come so late...

drachenlords - "Magical Rose" is a lovely vivid image.

adbc - "simple smoke and mirrors" has a great atmosphere, I love it.
    Your (unnamed ) second entry is simply wonderful. Gorgeous effects and I love those reflective hexagonal columns.
    "Rolling mirror balls, smoke and things" has a whole lot going on - I like the mysterious mirror balls.

Hansmar - your final version of the lady and the mirrors is very well arrranged - nice multiple reflections.
    "The matrix" is very well done too - I think I slightly prefer the first version (I think I prefer the colours and the slightly wider view), but both are good.

S Ray - "Phenomenon 7" is amazing - those odd reflections/rays came out really nicely.
    "Oracle of Blue" has a really interesting POV and the colours and sky are lovely.

spuddy - "Wishes" is a clever idea - nice use of both smoke and mirrors too.

Dan Whiteside - "The Illusionist" has a lovely mysterous look and great colours.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

adbc, the spheres are interesting here and the smoke/clouds are wonderful.

Dan, the mirrors are excellent.  You can see reflections of the lady in each one of them.