The My Bucket's Got a Hole In It Complaint thread

Comments

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Having blue hair is great. Trying to grow it out later is not.

PLEASE render a sexy man pinup calendar. If you start a thread, I will contribute. laugh

In principle I don't mind filling out a survey to help improve customer service... but in practice, I just have to avoid it. The problem is that whenever they ask if you want to participate, if you say yes, they shuttle you over to one of their problem children. You will likely get someone who doesn't enunciate, has a bad attitude, or does everything they can to NOT solve your problem. I got so sick of it that now I just say no. 

I bought an LG monitor in white....But it's only white on the back, where I'm never going to see it. The entire front side is black, and so now I'm angry. If it wasn't for the VESA mount, this thing would be on a UPS truck back to Amazon. Additionally, LG does not want me to know how long the manufacturer's warranty lasts. It wasn't on the product page, the registration card, or the email they sent me to confirm registration. I actually had to call them to find out. (It's good for 1 year... Is it just me or do most companies have warranties that last for 2 years or even longer?)

The coffee warmer desk thingy is warming my coffee but has no manual shut-off button. So if I set something on it without thinking, the whole house might burn down. This item may actually end up going back to Amazon. frown

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,217

What ever happened to UL certification to assure product safety and value? or don't cheap foreign products subscribe to that idea?

(Underwriter's Laboratories)  https://www.ul.com/

That feeling you get when you spend 30 mins hanging a picture on the wall, only to realize it doesn't really work there and needs to go back to its original location. crying

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760

Today I got milk for cereal and smoothies, but I forgot the yogurt for the smoothies.  I also didn't have enough blank cards for everyone (to be made into Easter Cards).  I forgot my stepfather but I decided he could use a thank you card for Easter.  Inside it said thank you for reading this Easter card.

talking about wild hair colors, I ordered an American Girl doll with pink hair and rose gold glasses.  Why the glasses?  the doll would be the same price with or without the glasses.  I know I could have sent my current doll to the doll hospital for cheaper, but with covid going on, I rather not do that yet.  Trying to remember if I added the ear piercing to the doll or not.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited March 2021

certaintree38 said:

Having blue hair is great. Trying to grow it out later is not.

...I remember when having blue hair was undesireable.

PLEASE render a sexy man pinup calendar. If you start a thread, I will contribute. laugh

In principle I don't mind filling out a survey to help improve customer service... but in practice, I just have to avoid it. The problem is that whenever they ask if you want to participate, if you say yes, they shuttle you over to one of their problem children. You will likely get someone who doesn't enunciate, has a bad attitude, or does everything they can to NOT solve your problem. I got so sick of it that now I just say no. 

...ugh surveys.  I get tonnes of them even when an email says it's just a simple petition to sign or single question to answer.  I don't get paid for it (and sometimes they ask me to pay them for the inconvenience by in the end by donating to their cause or candidate).  I've taken to just signing the petition or answering the  main question and just skipping to the end to submit. 

I bought an LG monitor in white... .But it's only white on the back, where I'm never going to see it. The entire front side is black, and so now I'm angry. If it wasn't for the VESA mount, this thing would be on a UPS truck back to Amazon. Additionally, LG does not want me to know how long the manufacturer's warranty lasts. It wasn't on the product page, the registration card, or the email they sent me to confirm registration. I actually had to call them to find out. (It's good for 1 year... Is it just me or do most companies have warranties that last for 2 years or even longer?)

The coffee warmer desk thingy is warming my coffee but has no manual shut-off button. So if I set something on it without thinking, the whole house might burn down. This item may actually end up going back to Amazon. frown

...I made sure the coffee warmer I bought for my desk at work (gee now like almost 30 years ago but still working fine) had a separate turn off switch.  

The display that burned out on me was an LG which was several years newer than the original ASUS one I purchased when I built my system (which is still working fine as well). It also was very tough to calibrate to match the original one.  The colour balance of the new ASUS display I bought a couple months ago (to replace the LG one) was much easier to calibrate and is totally spot on with the old one.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited March 2021

Yeah, I've decided to return the coffee warmer and look for a different one with an off button. It's a shame though, because otherwise it was perfect. 

I purchased a separate 4-year warranty for the monitor because all the monitors I looked at had reviews with pixels dying and edges bleeding after six months or a year. And since I couldn't figure out what the manufacturer's warranty said, I decided to be safe and get the 3rd party protection. If the Manufacturer's warranty turned out to be good for 2 years or more, I could have returned the 3rd party plan. But I feel better knowing I am covered for 4 years. Haven't had any eye strain with the 4k yet. Maybe having everything scaled up helps? 

Stimulus check is pretty much gone. This is by design, so I don't spend it all on Daz. But it still sucks.  I guess I could have put it into savings, but it was meant to stimulate and I am happy to oblige. 

Post edited by Sera on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

I had some on-off switches that you plugged into an outlet or extention cord and then plug your item into it so there was a on -off switch for you ..... don't remember where I bought them though....... on the plus side having to unplug the warmer insures that you have actually turned it off ....

carrie58 said:

I had some on-off switches that you plugged into an outlet or extention cord and then plug your item into it so there was a on -off switch for you ..... don't remember where I bought them though....... on the plus side having to unplug the warmer insures that you have actually turned it off ....

I don't want to get on my hands and knees every day just to turn off my coffee warmer. blush

I did my second application of hair bleach.  One more round of hair bleach in a few days.  Few days after that I can dye my hair blue.

I figured out a trick to add a new paragraph on my tv's browser.  Oh I tried to remember everything I got from wish but remembered everything but almost forgot the watch.  I think I got the list of stuff I'm expected almost completed.  I will look through it tomorrow to see if I forgot something other than just the watch.

certaintree38 said:

Yeah, I've decided to return the coffee warmer and look for a different one with an off button. It's a shame though, because otherwise it was perfect. 

I purchased a separate 4-year warranty for the monitor because all the monitors I looked at had reviews with pixels dying and edges bleeding after six months or a year. And since I couldn't figure out what the manufacturer's warranty said, I decided to be safe and get the 3rd party protection. If the Manufacturer's warranty turned out to be good for 2 years or more, I could have returned the 3rd party plan. But I feel better knowing I am covered for 4 years. Haven't had any eye strain with the 4k yet. Maybe having everything scaled up helps? 

Stimulus check is pretty much gone. This is by design, so I don't spend it all on Daz. But it still sucks.  I guess I could have put it into savings, but it was meant to stimulate and I am happy to oblige. 

...the older ASUS display I have stil crisp and clear with no dead pixels or edge bleed. though am thinking of getting a second like the one I replaced the LG with and move the older ASUS to the other system as the one currently on it is not an IPS display.

Still waiting on that relief payment deposit.  As I also would like to get a 2 GB SSD to transfer my runtime/library to as well as an adapter which can hold both SSDs in one slot.  Then I'll repurpose the HDD for a storage drive.   Need to also continue researching icreasing the memory on my main system (X58 MB) to 48 GB .That will be a little expensive as I need to purchase three 2 x8 GB kits since only workstation/server ECC memory comes in full 6 stick kits and most are proprietary for specific brands of workstations.  

• LucielLuciel Posts: 475

certaintree38 said:

carrie58 said:

I don't want to get on my hands and knees every day just to turn off my coffee warmer. blush

You don't have to do hands and knees every day. Some days you could just lie flat on the ground, facing up and down, or inverted spider stance like a possessed person, or loooads of things!!  

You could always get a multi-socket extension bar with a switch.  It's "just-one-more-thing" to put on your desk.sad

edited March 2021

Complaint:  Still no 3rd Stimulus check/deposit.  I checked the document that the IRS sent me a few weeks ago responding to my complaint that I thought I hadn't received my 2nd stimulus check/deposit.  The document stated clearly that it had been deposited in my bank but to contact the IRS again only if I verified with the bank that it had not been deposited.  Well, stupid forgetfull me, of course, the deposit had been made weeks previously and I'd already stimulated the economy with it. duh.blush  But the document also clearly stated that if my deposit had indeed been made then I need not do anything and implied that all would be right with the world.  So, I assume that I can stop worrying about my IRS account having been flagged and now going through a pergatory of bueaucracy-run-amok to "find" their error.  I guess I just have to be patient.indecision  

I did read yesterday that there will be another burst of deposits this Wednesday (today) so, maybe tomorrow will be the day it shows up in my bank?  It better show up soon, I've broken down and started stimulating the economy of DAZ and Amazon already.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

certaintree38 said:

carrie58 said:

You've probably returned your coffee warmer by now, but if you encounter this issue again, most hardware stores sell Christmas tree extension cords with a foot switch... 

One of those things above... no bending or taking up of additional counter space...

They are about $12 at Home Depot or $15 at most hardware stores... the one above is from Home Depot and has an illuminated switch so you can find it in the dark or under a counter.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

they has some serious flooding in the australias.  poor emus swimming for their lives.

right now  its 3:24 on 3/24  too easily amused

edited March 2021

Complaint:  My stainless steel flatware is losing its gleam and turning brass colored. sad  I know it wasn't super expensive, nor was it cheap.  But I bought stainless steel because I wanted a half decent set of stainless steel flatware for the rest of my life (which at the time I expected to be about 30 more years).  Not looking like stainless steel for 10 years then magically turning into brass. angry  It's a set for eight of spoons, soupspoons, forks, salad forks, knives & a few miscellaneous serving utensils.  Made by Oneida, which used to be a quality name in flatware.  But this set, once I got it out of the box, had "Stainless China" stamped on the back of the handle of each piece, so my suspicions were immediately raised.frown  When did they leave Oneida, NY?  Why is my stainless turning yellowish?  And what was it covered with that made it look like stainless steel?  Can't even trust stainless steel anymore?crying

McGyver said:

certaintree38 said:

You've probably returned your coffee warmer by now, but if you encounter this issue again, most hardware stores sell Christmas tree extension cords with a foot switch... 

One of those things above... no bending or taking up of additional counter space...

They are about $12 at Home Depot or $15 at most hardware stores... the one above is from Home Depot and has an illuminated switch so you can find it in the dark or under a counter.

Oh! I read this just in time. So now my foot switch thingy should arrive tomorrow. I managed to get one in white that isn't constantly lit too. (My room has enough light effects going on at night.) Ironically, they are cheaper at Amazon than Walmart. 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,030

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  My stainless steel flatware is losing its gleam and turning brass colored. sad  I know it wasn't super expensive, nor was it cheap.  But I bought stainless steel because I wanted a half decent set of stainless steel flatware for the rest of my life (which at the time I expected to be about 30 more years).  Not looking like stainless steel for 10 years then magically turning into brass. angry  It's a set for eight of spoons, soupspoons, forks, salad forks, knives & a few miscellaneous serving utensils.  Made by Oneida, which used to be a quality name in flatware.  But this set, once I got it out of the box, had "Stainless China" stamped on the back of the handle of each piece, so my suspicions were immediately raised.frown  When did they leave Oneida, NY?  Why is my stainless turning yellowish?  And what was it covered with that made it look like stainless steel?  Can't even trust stainless steel anymore?crying

Have you tried washing them? 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,337
    edited March 2021

LeatherGryphon said:

Here you go, will probably explain a lot...   https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2020/5/17/21261523/american-made-flatware-crisis-home-housewares-show#16166234058322&;

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on

TJohn said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Have you tried washing them? 

Sounds like a functional idea.enlightened  However, I might need a chisel and file to get through the first layer of crud.indecision

Actually though, washing them appears to have been the problem.  I live alone.  I rarely ever have more than four spoons dirty at one time.  So the four at the bottom of the stack are less washed and they are still sparkely bright and stainless steelish looking.  But the bowls of the spoons most used (and washed) are now quite noticeably showing their brass foundation.  At first I thought the yellowish/orangish color was staining from coffee but the more, and harder, I washed them the more brassish they got.sad  

Yeah, yeah, I know, the easy solution is move the four bottom spoons to the top of the stack and hide the problem.devil  But there's too much of that type of deliberate obfuscation in our society already.  It's time it was exposed to the spotlights.indecision

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008
    edited March 2021

@LeatherGryphon...  

Are you sure it's brass... maybe an international gold smuggling ring pulled a Maltese Falcon and plated them in cheap nickel to get them past the authorities...

They've probably been looking for you and your flatware for years... 

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited March 2021

Faeryl Womyn said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Here you go, will probably explain a lot...   https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2020/5/17/21261523/american-made-flatware-crisis-home-housewares-show#16166234058322&;

Thank you for that article.  Yep, 2008.  I moved here (western NY State) from Florida in 2008.  My partner had died, I was out of work, not retired yet, strugging to survive by fixing PCs.  I'd sold everything except my 10 year old car and my collectables and my computers & tools.  All my furniture was gone, all my kitchen equipment was gone.   I was sleeping on a donated mattress on the floor in sweat pants & sweat shirt to try to keep warm in the winter.  Yet one of the first things I bought new when I moved in here a few months later was a half decent (or so I thought) set of flatware.  I wanted to replace the excellent set of Oneida flatware that I had bought back in the '80s when I had a job, a life, a partner, and fine things.  So the timeline is right.  Oneida sells out to China a little before I jump in and buy a set. frown

My partnerheartcrying taught me a lot about quality things.  His admonition to me when I was about to buy something based on lowest price was:  "It doesn't cost that much more to buy actual quality, but avoid superficial or extravagant quality".  Now I'm disturbed with this flatware situation because I got fooled and ended up with a cheap knockoff of what I thought I was buying.no

edited March 2021

Faeryl Womyn said:

LeatherGryphon said:

...hmm, actually like a few of the Liberty designs,  Thinking of two "Woodstock" place settings once my deposit comes through.

For myself it's not my older stainless flatware turning "brassy", it's more the lustre faiding to a dull somewhat darker grey. 

edited March 2021

McGyver said:

@LeatherGryphon...  

Are you sure it's brass... maybe an international gold smuggling ring pulled a Maltese Falcon and plated them in cheap nickel to get them past the authorities...

They've probably been looking for you and your flatware for years... 

Perhaps it was the flatware used by Auric Goldfinger in his painted and chrome plated gold Rolls Royce.enlightened

I ordered a jersey from Wish app and it should be coming in by April 2, 2021.  It is a green jersey with the number 12 on it.  I think it has the name Rodgers on the back.  I hope it is as good as I hope it is.  Oh wow, I thought it was fifty dollars but looking at the recipt I printed it was actually 59 plus shipping and handling but minus 5.90.  Hope it is a genuine jersey.  The ones fan wear and being brand new.  Not one that Rodgers wore and is still stinky,.

Oh I orderd some food via door dash.  half the order was great, but the other half was wrong.  Also the guy delivering the food didn't wear a mask.  I did get store credit to get my next meal free or almost free.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

chilled to the bone.  chiller, thriller

edited March 2021

...yeah part of the reason I'm not thrilled about grocery delivery as well (besides the fees and minimum order amount).. I also prefer to pick out my own fruits, veggies, meats, and seafood.  Furthermore, the walk to the market is good exercise.

As to that #12 guy, they better get him a couple wide receivers who can run a correct route catch, and hang onto the ball, (along with maybe a veteran on the defence who can bring that squad together), if they want another "Lombardi" or two in the trophy case because he doesn't have many years left. I have a nagging fear he's destined to become another Dan Marino, great quarterback but with mediocre talent around him..

I just got "Buddy Simulator 1984" from Steam with some credit I had laying around. It's the kind of game that messes with your mind and your expectations of what a video game is or can do. It reminds me a lot of Doki Doki Literature club, but would probably appeal to more people than Doki Doki, since the later game is an otome game and filled with triggers to boot. Buddy Simulator is about an Ai that just really, really, really wants to be your friend. 

I have already played the demo, so I was expecting to be bored the first few minutes of the game while I went over rehashed territory. But to my pleasant surprise, it's somewhat different from the demo. There now seems to be references to a larger underlying story. And I've only just started.

Its tricks continue to be surprising and creepy, even the ones I've already seen.... (How did they know that?!)

Good stuff! 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Apparently there's no budget for lollipops to go with Covid vaccine.

This discussion has been closed.