The My Bucket's Got a Hole In It Complaint thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i feel like doing something outside today not a whole lotta options.  one option is to walk 2 miles for a tuna bagel.

mah boloney has a first name 

• CdpiersonCdpierson Posts: 70

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  Still no 3rd Stimulus check/deposit.  I checked the document that the IRS sent me a few weeks ago responding to my complaint that I thought I hadn't received my 2nd stimulus check/deposit.  The document stated clearly that it had been deposited in my bank but to contact the IRS again only if I verified with the bank that it had not been deposited.  Well, stupid forgetfull me, of course, the deposit had been made weeks previously and I'd already stimulated the economy with it. duh.blush  But the document also clearly stated that if my deposit had indeed been made then I need not do anything and implied that all would be right with the world.  So, I assume that I can stop worrying about my IRS account having been flagged and now going through a pergatory of bueaucracy-run-amok to "find" their error.  I guess I just have to be patient.indecision  

I did read yesterday that there will be another burst of deposits this Wednesday (today) so, maybe tomorrow will be the day it shows up in my bank?  It better show up soon, I've broken down and started stimulating the economy of DAZ and Amazon already.frown

From what I've been reading, the major holdup is that the SSA hasn't sent the necessary information to the IRS.  So, if you haven't filed your taxes for awhile (because you're not required to), there will be a delay in sending out your deposit...because the head of the SSA doesn't feel like authorising the payments since that might accidentally help the people that need them the most.  When the SSA finally decides to do its job, the payments are supposed to be included in your normal payment...or you can file your taxes and further delay the payment while the IRS double-checks everything.  Ladies and gentlemen, your government in action.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,217

Mystiarra said:

i feel like doing something outside today not a whole lotta options.  one option is to walk 2 miles for a tuna bagel.

Well, at least you can consider walking 2 miles for a tuna bagel.yes  I have to think really hard and screw up my courage to walk 150 feet down a gentle incline to get my mail at the end of the driveway.  It's not the walk down that is so terrible, (although a misplaced foot on the driveway rocks can thoroughly disrupt my well being for two days), but the walk back up the driveway is sometimes questionable and always requires at least one pause to catch my breath.  By time I've gotten back to the three steps of the porch and haltingly pulled myself up them onto my porch, I'm out of breath and ready to collapse for an hour to recover.  But I still have to wipe the mud from my feet and open the door then take my shoes off, and throw away the junk mail before I can make it back to my vegetating chair.frown  Last year at this time I was still walking to the grocery store and back.  It's been a tough year.indecision

LeatherGryphon said:

Mystiarra said:

Well, at least you can consider walking 2 miles for a tuna bagel.yes  I have to think really hard and screw up my courage to walk 150 feet down a gentle incline to get my mail at the end of the driveway.  It's not the walk down that is so terrible, (although a misplaced foot on the driveway rocks can thoroughly disrupt my well being for two days), but the walk back up the driveway is sometimes questionable and always requires at least one pause to catch my breath.  By time I've gotten back to the three steps of the porch and haltingly pulled myself up them onto my porch, I'm out of breath and ready to collapse for an hour to recover.  But I still have to wipe the mud from my feet and open the door then take my shoes off, and throw away the junk mail before I can make it back to my vegetating chair.frown  Last year at this time I was still walking to the grocery store and back.  It's been a tough year.indecision

it feels like that guy who is stuck forever rolling the rock up hill.

complainnt  Wa;ked the 2 miles, but when i got there lil bagel deli closed up.  casualty of covid i guess.  place is a ghost town.  nothing went in to replace pathmark.  state wide is gone.  ming dynasty gone.  bank of america boarded up. atms gone.

non complaint, liquor store still there. angel 

• Miss Bad Wolf said:

There is a hole in my buckets.  Not the type of holes you think of when one says there is a hole in their buckets.  The hole is at the top so I can put water in it.  I use my buckets for water changes.  My fish will not life a fin to help me do water changes so I have to do all by myself.

Partial water changes are critical.  Good for you!  Just be sure to remove the chlorine so you don't burn fishies' gills.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Mystiarra: The at-least-there's-liquor silver lining. devil

LeatherGryphon: I would get your mail for you if I could. 

This morning I noticed that Paypal hadn't given us back our money for the 1080TI GPUs (we had ordered them but I guess the orders got canceled right away). So I had my husband send an inquiry. At first, they said they wanted to wait until the 31rst to see if the product shipped. This gave me some hope that I really would get a better GPU. It would have been so nice! But a few minutes later they were like "Nope, nevermind. Here's your refund." The seller must have been acting suspiciously. Oh well, at least I'm getting my money back. Now I can buy more coffee and fried rice. Or maybe a new coffee mug for my collection? 

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited March 2021

Getting ready to paint a room.  Time to roll!

...pun intended!

...but would that be "unroll"?  I mean, the paint is coming OFF the roller and onto the wall, right?

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760

This browser is stupid.  Oh well.  Yeah that was the #12 guy.  I do hope he does get better help next season too.  He can't win games by himself. 

kyoto kid said:

...yeah part of the reason I'm not thrilled about grocery delivery as well (besides the fees and minimum order amount).. I also prefer to pick out my own fruits, veggies, meats, and seafood.  Furthermore, the walk to the market is good exercise.

As to that #12 guy, they better get him a couple wide receivers who can run a correct route catch, and hang onto the ball, (along with maybe a veteran on the defence who can bring that squad together), if they want another "Lombardi" or two in the trophy case because he doesn't have many years left. I have a nagging fear he's destined to become another Dan Marino, great quarterback but with mediocre talent around him..

The hubs is house-sitting for some friends and he has the car. So I can't get anywhere but the gas station across the street. But he has to come home anyway to help bring in a heavy package. Maybe if I send him enough heart emojis he will bring me a tofu sandwich. So far it's not working... sad

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008
    edited March 2021

Legit complaint...

Disclaimer- I like carrots.

But...

What the eff is it with frozen dinners and carrots?

Lo mein is not 90% friggin' carrots... Why is there a 50 - 1 ratio of carrots to anything else in Chicken Alfredo?... It's literally Carrots Alfredo with a hint of chicken...  and it's a really tiny hint.

Is Birds Eye secretly owned by a cabal of rabbit people?

There really should be a law that frozen foods that are not a significant source of food other than carrots should be labeled as such.

I get that carrots are cheap and a great non-synthetic filler, but seriously it's getting out of hand... I generally don't eat premade frozen meals, but every now and then when I can't make dinner (generally I cook dinner), I have a couple of frozen dinners sitting in the freezer for those sorta days. 
    Even then I still add other stuff to the meals, like fresh vegetables or extra meat, so even though I'm aware that carrots have been gradually displacing other forms of food in frozen meals, I guess my altering then has masked this to some extent... today me and one of my daughters went out for a hike and my wife made one of the dinners with no modifications and it was seriously mostly carrots.

It's obviously reached an X-Files or Doctor Who level of sinister carrotness... there is something going on and carrots are at the root.

Trust no one... especially that damned Easter Bunny.

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited March 2021

certaintree38 said:

LeatherGryphon: I would get your mail for you if I could. 

Thank you, that's so considerate.kiss  I could have my mail forwarded to you and then you could send it back to me.  But that wouldn't really solve the problem. frown Except unless you put it in a box and FedEx'd it to me because they drop it at my door.enlightened 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Non-complaint: He said no multiple times so I gave up and went back to reading. But sure enough, an hour later, he showed up with a tofu sandwich and a bubble tea. He even got the flavor of tea right. 

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

McGyver said:

Legit complaint...

But...

Lo mein is not 90% friggin' carrots... Why is there a 50 - 1 ratio of carrots to anything else in Chicken Alfredo?... It's literally Carrots Alfredo with a hint of chicken...  and it's a really tiny hint.

There really should be a law that frozen foods that are not a significant source of food other than carrots should be labeled as such.

I get that carrots are cheap and a great non-synthetic filler, but seriously it's getting out of hand... I generally don't eat premade frozen meals, but every now and then when I can't make dinner (generally I cook dinner), I have a couple of frozen dinners sitting in the freezer for those sorta days. 
    Even then I still add other stuff to the meals, like fresh vegetables or extra meat, so even though I'm aware that carrots have been gradually displacing other forms of food in frozen meals, I guess my altering then has masked this to some extent... today me and one of my daughters went out for a hike and my wife made one of the dinners with no modifications and it was seriously mostly carrots.

It's obviously reached an X-Files or Doctor Who level of sinister carrotness... there is something going on and carrots are at the root.

I have the same question about bell peppers ,when a premade meal includes meat and vegetables but the veggies are just Bell peppers .....

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621

McGyver said:

Legit complaint...

But...

...I heard something about it being part of a covert ploy by the American Ophthalmologic Society.

Though Easter is only a week and a half away.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,030

McGyver said:

Legit complaint...

But...

The frozen meals companies must be using recipes from The Bugs Bunny Cookbook.

edited March 2021

My problem with frozen dinner carrots is that sometimes I don't think they are carrots, but rather neoprene substitutes.frown

Complaint: (as if rubber carrots are not worth seriously complaining about) My electricity just disappeared for a moment. surprise  I woke up this morning, hot under my covers and glad to get out of bed to cool off.  Temperature outside on the porch was in the 60s(F).  Almost naked weather.smiley  But unexpected for this early in the morning this time of year.  Humidity device inside the house reads 40% rather than the recent normal of 30%.  Air feels thick with moisture.  No wonder I was hot and sweating under the blankets.  Weather report warns of dangerous winds.  Apparently the temperature is soon going back down rather quickly, so lots of wind.  Which explains the temporary loss of electricity*.enlightened 

*Note:  My theory on why wind causes electrical outages:  Since moving electrons create a magnetic field in a wire, the free electrons in the wire are forced to the outside surface of the wire (Absolutely true, which is why some high current, large diameter, copper wires are hollow.  No need for copper in the center when there are no free electrons in it), then the electrons on the surface of the wire are subject to passing winds where the rubber insulation is worn, and the electrons get blown off and scattered onto the ground and pile up causing static electricity.  I also have a theory that only red electrons can go through a red wire. Blue through blue, green through green, etc.wink  That's why the "hot wire in US house wiring is white, it transports all color electrons.devil  However, lots of knowlegable people disagree with my theories.indecision

Non-complaint:  My computer's UPS battery kept my reading lamp, computer, monitor, speakers, and router running just fine through the power glitch.  Yay.  It proved worth the money.yes

edited March 2021

@LeatherGryphon... didn't you tell a really dumb customer something like that (the colored electron thing) when they exasperated you while you were repairing their computer?

That or I'm confusing it with a friend who was in IT telling someone stupid and annoying that electricity particles were getting jammed in the cord because it was kinked... 

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited March 2021

McGyver said:

@LeatherGryphon... didn't you tell a really dumb customer something like that (the colored electron thing) when they exasperated you while you were repairing their computer?

Yep, that was me.devil  I've done it a few times. (*yeah, wicked, I know.*)  But I don't let it go on too long if I don't see the lightbulb go off in their head.  Or at least a puzzled look. 

Regarding electrons:  I've read/seen somewhere (probably a YouTube clip) that there's a mathematical concept of all electrons/antielectrons everywherewhen actually being only one electron moving back and forth in time & space.surprise  A little extreme even for me.  But torture maths enough and you can demonstrate all sorts of non-intuitive concepts with varying degrees of merit.  Invent enough dimensions and you can find a solution to any problem.  (i.e. I'm not a fan of the multiverse.  I suspect that it's the pre-Copernicus/Gallieo "epicycles" misconception all over again)

• Wasn't there a 50s SF movie about a killer carrot? Perhaps they fianlly caught it and are disposing of the remians in an environmentally-friendly manner. Either that or their life-cycle includes a chest-burster phase.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,574

@LeatherGryphon, your theory about the color coded electrons is absolutely correct, I figured it out in the nineties when troubleshooting the computer network at work which used coaxial cable at the time.
    You all know the power connector behind computers and displays, three prongs with the middle one higher than the other two... 

It turned out that if the computers in that network didn't all get the same color electrons to the same prong, it resulted in miscellaneous problems.
    Me figuring out the problem made the ones that thought they were more knowledgeable look little less knowledgeable wink

LeatherGryphon said:

Regarding electrons:  I've read/seen somewhere (probably a YouTube clip) that there's a mathematical concept of all electrons/antielectrons everywherewhen actually being only one electron moving back and forth in time & space.

Yes, that's Irving... but he just thinks he's all that and scientists are too fascinated by him to notice all the other electrons doing all the hard work like helping to give Hiesenberg stuff to be uncertain about, supporting electroweak interaction, standing up for the whole lepton awareness movement and all that while making everyone's electron microscopes, electric toothbrushes, Hello Kitty vibrators and quantum wave-particle duality toasters work smoothly... not to mention all their contributions to the effects of gravity, which without them would make daily life a lot less convenient.

But no, you got that Irving taking all the credit and hogging up the applause all those other electrons deserve.

I suppose that's life though... there is always that one guy out there trying to get all the attention for himself.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,030

Richard Haseltine said:

Wasn't there a 50s SF movie about a killer carrot? Perhaps they fianlly caught it and are disposing of the remians in an environmentally-friendly manner. Either that or their life-cycle includes a chest-burster phase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_from_Another_World

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,337

McGyver said:

That or I'm confusing it with a friend who was in IT telling someone stupid and annoying that electricity particles were getting jammed in the cord because it was kinked... 

LMAO, that's hilarious, would love to see the dumbstruck look on their face...LMAO

• TJohn said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Wasn't there a 50s SF movie about a killer carrot? Perhaps they fianlly caught it and are disposing of the remians in an environmentally-friendly manner. Either that or their life-cycle includes a chest-burster phase.

Sounds like the one.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,272

TJohn said:

Richard Haseltine said:

They need to make a vs. movie with that and Night of the Lepus.

Richard Haseltine said:

TJohn said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Sounds like the one.

I was thinking it was probably that one (The Thing From Another World) or whatever the hell this was...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Conquered_the_World

I think it was supposed to be from Venus, but I truly feel sad for it... it pretty much looks like it's composed of carrots to some extent.

up yo mifflr og grimm seson 4
    not a fan of juliette and very little sympathy for attalin.
    the hexenbeast smack down fight almost worth watching 80 episodes LOL laugh

they managed to out gross the foot stew scene. uughh.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621

...it's no wonder kids back then had a thing about vegetables, Day of the TriffidsIt Conquered the World, The Thing From Another WorldInvasion of the Body SnatchersLittle Shop of Horrors (original) etc.  Plants were out to get people.  Surprised though jelly and Jell-O didn't get the same reaction after The Blob premiered.

edited March 2021

complaint.  trying to shop amazon.com for ocatacores.  there no number of cores filter.
    doh.  really shouldnt be shopping for a new pc.  can barely see what i have. 
    quad cores gooten so cheap but ise a cores snob.  want the poupon of cores

need the cores and the giggahertzes for carrara

Post edited by Mistara on
This discussion has been closed.