2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439
    edited July 2021

JamieM said:

Ati said:

So, Season Pass 2: is it only the webinars, and the 3 free items I can choose with it? Plus the contest. And that's it? No additional discounts, no free items during the time of the pass, nothing?

I can't even see where you've seen that.

The front page promo leads only to the Plugins list. Searching for Season Pass brings up an item that leads to a dead link!

https://www.daz3d.com/the-season-pass-2

Step 1 Pick your environment.
    Beneath Fire Mountain : The Abyss Fields is a texture pack. So not really an environment. Beneath Fire Mountain is a required purchase in order to use it.

Post edited by ecks201 on
  • LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

Ati said:

So, Season Pass 2: is it only the webinars, and the 3 free items I can choose with it? Plus the contest. And that's it? No additional discounts, no free items during the time of the pass, nothing?

Yeah, this.

Because while I wasn't super impressed with the first Season Pass, I think it did pay for itself for me, and I'd do it again.
    This?  The free items?  Nothing there I don't have.  I'm not super into webinars; these seem to be fairly basic "How to use Daz Studio"; that's great and I'm absolutely sure I'd learn something, but I simply don't have the patience to watch a couple hours of video for the equivalent of two or three new tricks.

I see we've got a coupon now only for people who have the season pass - are there going to be many unheralded sales like that?  If someone buys only the webinars (because, you know, the assets are useless to them), do they get these coupons?  Other discounts?  Access to the contest?

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,515
    edited July 2021

Quick question I understand coupons and orange banners are based on sales. But Daz seems confused on what I own and don't own which obviously affects such. An example is in screenshot.. Is this glitch or whatever it is, reported here or elswehere?

2021-07-22 Cart Error.JPG
    2746 x 1282 - 423K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

What a weird deal that Season Pass is.

Lots of stuff that many regular users are likely to have already (those HDRIs have been about a bit) or have rejected. 

The webinars seem pitched at newer users and really should be part of the basic marketing deal to encourage people to understand more and therefore buy more and use better.

Once again, sadly, it just doesn't add up.

Missing: One Proofreader

(Might this mean that PC+ can also enter the competition?)

Query.JPG
    491 x 111 - 16K
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Wow, the Season Pass is offering a choice of only 2 out of 3 free older items, two of which are $2.99 now and 1DO that goes on lower sale all the time? Or am I only seeing things I don’t own? This looks like an ever bigger ripoff than the first one! 

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530

I really enjoyed the goodies from the first Season Pass. I have to admit, the second Season Pass doesn't sound as good. For me, since I own all the environment and prop options, it seems like 99 dollars for 2 figures and 3 webinars. I'm not good with webinars really so it would end up being just the two figures. I think I'll pass this season unless I misunderstand anything about the season two offerings.

edited July 2021

Is this what everyone else is seeing? I already own the HDDRIs so all you get are 2 core characters, not bundles, and beginning level tutorials (that should be free) and this small choice of freebies for $99? I had no interest in the last Season Pass and ended up getting full 8.1 BUNDLES for less than the intro price of a core character so I really hope newbies are warned that this is NOT a good deal! They are really trying to take advantage of newbies who don’t know better and this bothers me...

4BCB8295-7A09-45F1-9FB4-E747DBEA8C05.png
    1536 x 2048 - 1M
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

The freebies are being limited from your view. I see three of each.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited July 2021

The lack of information on the Season Pass 2 page is stupid, again, especially after the lack of information around Season Pass 1.

Vague pirate theme. Nothing about new figures or anything else that is included in the pass.

Come on. At least give us names and descriptions if we're not allowed to see pictures. Give us information to make informed choices.

EDIT: Okay, we have 2 names. That's it?! 2 new figures?

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279

I already own all the freebies offered. So this doesn't look worthwhile to me this time as I don't have any idea if I'll want either of the new figures

• The first season pass was loaded with stuff and I wish I had jumped in on it (I'm very new to Daz). I was really looking forward to the next one, but... Pirates? Recycled clearance assets? I enjoy Jay's tutorials, but I just bought a bunch for few bucks. What am I missing that makes this pass worth $100?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,351
    edited July 2021

Ati said:

Looks like we get 3 webnars, 2 new characters (Wolfgang 8.1 and Jinx Jones 8.1), a choice of a very limited selection of older props and environments, and the contest.

https://www.daz3d.com/the-season-pass-2

Plus with today's offer there is 70% off 2 select plugins.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Well... they are valuing Jay's webinars at $59.99... so the remainder of the $99 buy-in covers:

• 2 Genesis 8.1 base figures
    • A piece of flare, I guess
    • 2 freebies.

??? (Vraiment? *confused noises*)

I liked Jay's webinar in SP1, but this seems like a lot to pay out for fewer Daz assets this time.

edited July 2021

mike.smith2005 said:

The first season pass was loaded with stuff and I wish I had jumped in on it (I'm very new to Daz). I was really looking forward to the next one, but... Pirates? Recycled clearance assets? I enjoy Jay's tutorials, but I just bought a bunch for few bucks. What am I missing that makes this pass worth $100?

You are LUCKY you didn’t get the first Season Pass! I got all the BUNDLES for less than the intro price of the core characters just by waiting a couple of months. Everything will go on deep sale eventually, often fairly quickly.

As a newbie, I suggest this: Add anything and everything you think you may want in the future to your wishlist. Sign up for email notifications from @Ati. Check into the store daily, maybe several times a day. You will eventually get good at finding amazing deals, often at 80% off or more. If you need something right away, there is bound to be SOMETHING similar to what you want on sale at all times. Become a PC+ member. THAT is definitely worth it. Shopping at Daz is literally a GAME and you win by finding, stacking the best deals. Scout for coupons on social media. They can be really good if you have a big cart. And stock up on those PC for a day items! Those are the best deals by far! I would NOT suggest the Season Passes. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Ah, two characters. I missed those. Even with those included, it doesn't sound like this one's for me. I have all the freebies and am not much of a webinar-guy. So that means $99 for two base figures. If that's it, then it's a straightforward decision.

edited July 2021

Wonderland said:

Scout for coupons on social media. They can be really good if you have a big cart. 

Could you say more about this, please? Where do these coupons appear? Are they useable if you're not a newbie first-time purchaser? What sort of deals do they offer?

(I've never seen one!)

Post edited by JamieM on
  • 31415926543141592654 Posts: 968

I will agree with the general summaries above:

) this is made for newer users (we old timers already have all this stuff)

) the webinars are for newer users (we old timers are already way passed what is being taught)

) the new characters are a risk (I buy most, but not all characters - it goes to personal taste, but I was less than impressed with the models in season one)

) there is an option to buy in and try to win back more in the contest ... but only one or two can achieve that and we have no idea what the exact theme and judging criteria are

edited July 2021

JamieM said:

Wonderland said:

Scout for coupons on social media. They can be really good if you have a big cart. 

Could you say more about this, please? Where do these coupons appear? Are they useable if you're not a newbie first-time purchaser? What sort of deals do they offer?

(I've never seen one!)

Yes, I’ve randomly come across them on FB or IG. They can be from 25%-50% off but usually on larger carts with a minimum of $50-$200. They are rare but great when you find them. They often don’t even say what they’re for so save them and test them out when you have a cart over $50. They seem to work only on Daz Originals. I got new 8.1 bundles, all the ones offered during the first Season Pass for an extra 25% off combined with the bundle sale a few days ago for $19 each. If you find one, save it and wait for a bundle sale and you can get great deals! 

Adding this: follow Renderosity, Unity, NVIDiA, Blender, and anything related to 3D graphics because they probably filter their ads to go to these targeted customers. 

E99810E6-950F-4E06-9808-AE5AC374D532.png
    1536 x 2048 - 942K
  • 3141592654 said:

) the webinars are for newer users (we old timers are already way passed what is being taught)

) the new characters are a risk (I buy most, but not all characters - it goes to personal taste, but I was less than impressed with the models in season one)

) there is an option to buy in and try to win back more in the contest ... but only one or two can achieve that and we have no idea what the exact theme and judging criteria are

WRT to the contest one shoudl consider that probably while all the other stuff is aiming at noobs, noobs will most likely not be the contest winners ...

RenderDictator said:

3141592654 said:

WRT to the contest one shoudl consider that probably while all the other stuff is aiming at noobs, noobs will most likely not be the contest winners ...

Last Season Pass, a PA won one! 

• blazblaz Posts: 261

If there is MUCH MORE to Season Pass 2, DAZ should state it clearly. From what I can see right now it is a really bad deal for me.

I own the HDRI and  two of the six "freebies". The remaining four could be bought for less than $4 in the last two months. The Strange Cave is not even Iray ready!

"...and MUCH MORE with Daz Season Pass!"

What exactly is much more?

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

I can't even see Season Pass 2. And I thought I was going to get $20 off the next bundle, but no, that doesn't seem to have happened. So Daz really trying to turn me off at the moment.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,515

Wonderland said:

Is this what everyone else is seeing? I already own the HDDRIs so all you get are 2 core characters, not bundles, and beginning level tutorials (that should be free) and this small choice of freebies for $99? I had no interest in the last Season Pass and ended up getting full 8.1 BUNDLES for less than the intro price of a core character so I really hope newbies are warned that this is NOT a good deal! They are really trying to take advantage of newbies who don’t know better and this bothers me...

Yes . . .  there's that too, but that's not all that bothers me about DAZ lately . . .

Wonderland said:

JamieM said:

Wonderland said:

(I've never seen one!)

Yes, I’ve randomly come across them on FB or IG. They can be from 25%-50% off but usually on larger carts with a minimum of $50-$200. They are rare but great when you find them. They often don’t even say what they’re for so save them and test them out when you have a cart over $50. They seem to work only on Daz Originals. I got new 8.1 bundles, all the ones offered during the first Season Pass for an extra 25% off combined with the bundle sale a few days ago for $19 each. If you find one, save it and wait for a bundle sale and you can get great deals! 

Adding this: follow Renderosity, Unity, NVIDiA, Blender, and anything related to 3D graphics because they probably filter their ads to go to these targeted customers. 

Great! Thank you!

• I'm accustomed to sales issues being resolved early in the day. I own Zale 8.1 Deep Sea King Bundle and the Sea Villain Bundle but I am not receiving the 10% off of the Creatures of the Deep New Releases, the additional 10% off the Additional Featured Items (the Seahorses) or the 20% off the Featured Artist Stores. Should we not anticipate this being resolved today?

Additionally, at 2am EST last night when the sale went live, the Seahorses Corynn and Coralia from the Additional Featured Items still had their initial sale price of 30% off. Those two items are no longer showing on sale and are listed at their full price. Having Zale and Sea Villain says an extra 10% off, so I was figuring extra would imply it is on top of the standard sale of 30% off. If all I can anticipate when the sale is fixed is 10% off of the full price, I'll pass on these items if they're going to drop to 30% off again when today's sale ends.

• Xandyr78Xandyr78 Posts: 100

Elemental Flame said:

I'm accustomed to sales issues being resolved early in the day. I own Zale 8.1 Deep Sea King Bundle and the Sea Villain Bundle but I am not receiving the 10% off of the Creatures of the Deep New Releases, the additional 10% off the Additional Featured Items (the Seahorses) or the 20% off the Featured Artist Stores. Should we not anticipate this being resolved today?

Additionally, at 2am EST last night when the sale went live, the Seahorses Corynn and Coralia from the Additional Featured Items still had their initial sale price of 30% off. Those two items are no longer showing on sale and are listed at their full price. Having Zale and Sea Villain says an extra 10% off, so I was figuring extra would imply it is on top of the standard sale of 30% off. If all I can anticipate when the sale is fixed is 10% off of the full price, I'll pass on these items if they're going to drop to 30% off again when today's sale ends.

I'm experiencing the same thing.  I own BOTH of the bundles listed, but none of the discounts are showing up in my cart.  It's nearly 3pm DAZ time...what the heck?

• LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

I did miss the two figures in the list, but sadly, I'm not paying (functionally) 50 dollars each for two base figures, even if they'd give some other bonuses.

Maybe Season Pass 3 will be more tempting.

• Xandyr78Xandyr78 Posts: 100

Cris Palomino said:

blaz said:

Cris Palomino said:

doubledeviant said:

So Zale isn't the "Pro bundle" referenced in the Fourth of July weekend offer? I made a qualifying purchase (Sugar Rush outfit + textures IIRC) but I'm not seeing an extra discount. Not a problem if this isn't that bundle, but if it's supposed to be the one, then something is wrong.

I will send an inquiry.

Cris, did you get any response to this? Thanks.

I think I found the problem and am contacting Daz about it. Will advise.

Do we have any feedback on this?  I didn't get any "Pro" bundle discount on the Zale 8.1 Deep Sea King bundle (though it wasn't listed as a Pro bundle, so perhaps that wasn't supposed to apply), or on the Sea Villains bundle...and even though I OWN both of those now, I'm not getting ANY of the additional discounts on TODAY'S new products, even though the promo says I should be.  As it's nearly end-of-day for DAZ proper...are we really just gonna get left hanging with no reconciliation on this?

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Wonderland said:

JamieM said:

Wonderland said:

(I've never seen one!)

I got this tip from someone else in this thread: You can go to the FB ad Library to see what deals Daz is offering on FB there, and often there are coupons like you mention. Just google FaceBook Ad library, then go to the official FB page that comes up, then select "all ads" in category and search for Daz. 

This discussion has been closed.