2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

JamieM said:

Wonderland said:

Scout for coupons on social media. They can be really good if you have a big cart. 

Could you say more about this, please? Where do these coupons appear? Are they useable if you're not a newbie first-time purchaser? What sort of deals do they offer?

(I've never seen one!)

See my last post.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053
    edited July 2021

Can we please keep discussions about what's included in the season pass out of the sales errors thread? There's a thread about the season pass here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/485371/the-newest-evolution-is-here-the-daz-season-pass#latest

Post edited by Leana on
  • Xandyr78 said:

Cris Palomino said:

blaz said:

Cris Palomino said:

doubledeviant said:

So Zale isn't the "Pro bundle" referenced in the Fourth of July weekend offer? I made a qualifying purchase (Sugar Rush outfit + textures IIRC) but I'm not seeing an extra discount. Not a problem if this isn't that bundle, but if it's supposed to be the one, then something is wrong.

I will send an inquiry.

Cris, did you get any response to this? Thanks.

I think I found the problem and am contacting Daz about it. Will advise.

Do we have any feedback on this?  I didn't get any "Pro" bundle discount on the Zale 8.1 Deep Sea King bundle (though it wasn't listed as a Pro bundle, so perhaps that wasn't supposed to apply), or on the Sea Villains bundle...and even though I OWN both of those now, I'm not getting ANY of the additional discounts on TODAY'S new products, even though the promo says I should be.  As it's nearly end-of-day for DAZ proper...are we really just gonna get left hanging with no reconciliation on this?

I've sent in a reminder.

• Xandyr78 said:

Elemental Flame said:

I'm accustomed to sales issues being resolved early in the day. I own Zale 8.1 Deep Sea King Bundle and the Sea Villain Bundle but I am not receiving the 10% off of the Creatures of the Deep New Releases, the additional 10% off the Additional Featured Items (the Seahorses) or the 20% off the Featured Artist Stores. Should we not anticipate this being resolved today?

Additionally, at 2am EST last night when the sale went live, the Seahorses Corynn and Coralia from the Additional Featured Items still had their initial sale price of 30% off. Those two items are no longer showing on sale and are listed at their full price. Having Zale and Sea Villain says an extra 10% off, so I was figuring extra would imply it is on top of the standard sale of 30% off. If all I can anticipate when the sale is fixed is 10% off of the full price, I'll pass on these items if they're going to drop to 30% off again when today's sale ends.

I'm experiencing the same thing.  I own BOTH of the bundles listed, but none of the discounts are showing up in my cart.  It's nearly 3pm DAZ time...what the heck?

Reported, sorry it was missed earlier.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Xandyr78 said:

Elemental Flame said:

I'm accustomed to sales issues being resolved early in the day. I own Zale 8.1 Deep Sea King Bundle and the Sea Villain Bundle but I am not receiving the 10% off of the Creatures of the Deep New Releases, the additional 10% off the Additional Featured Items (the Seahorses) or the 20% off the Featured Artist Stores. Should we not anticipate this being resolved today?

Additionally, at 2am EST last night when the sale went live, the Seahorses Corynn and Coralia from the Additional Featured Items still had their initial sale price of 30% off. Those two items are no longer showing on sale and are listed at their full price. Having Zale and Sea Villain says an extra 10% off, so I was figuring extra would imply it is on top of the standard sale of 30% off. If all I can anticipate when the sale is fixed is 10% off of the full price, I'll pass on these items if they're going to drop to 30% off again when today's sale ends.

I'm experiencing the same thing.  I own BOTH of the bundles listed, but none of the discounts are showing up in my cart.  It's nearly 3pm DAZ time...what the heck?

This seems to be fixed now.

• GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Xandyr78 said:

Elemental Flame said:

Its not fixed for me. I have just https://www.daz3d.com/louis-and-nina-for-genesis-8 in my cart and I own both sea bundles and still only see the base 40% off.  

• story3 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Xandyr78 said:

Elemental Flame said:

Its not fixed for me. I have just https://www.daz3d.com/louis-and-nina-for-genesis-8 in my cart and I own both sea bundles and still only see the base 40% off.  

Agreed, it is fixed everywhere except the Featured Artist Store. I was picking up items from RawArt and Marcius and I'm getting 50% off for purchasing Creatures of the Deep, but it isn't tacking on the extra 20% off for owning Zale and Sea Villains. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it gets fixed before I hit the hay otherwise I'll toss them back on the wishlist with the 10% off Seahorses.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

certaintree38 said:

Wonderland said:

JamieM said:

Wonderland said:

Scout for coupons on social media. They can be really good if you have a big cart. 

Could you say more about this, please? Where do these coupons appear? Are they useable if you're not a newbie first-time purchaser? What sort of deals do they offer?

(I've never seen one!)

Yes, I’ve randomly come across them on FB or IG. They can be from 25%-50% off but usually on larger carts with a minimum of $50-$200. They are rare but great when you find them. They often don’t even say what they’re for so save them and test them out when you have a cart over $50. They seem to work only on Daz Originals. I got new 8.1 bundles, all the ones offered during the first Season Pass for an extra 25% off combined with the bundle sale a few days ago for $19 each. If you find one, save it and wait for a bundle sale and you can get great deals! 

Adding this: follow Renderosity, Unity, NVIDiA, Blender, and anything related to 3D graphics because they probably filter their ads to go to these targeted customers. 

I got this tip from someone else in this thread: You can go to the FB ad Library to see what deals Daz is offering on FB there, and often there are coupons like you mention. Just google FaceBook Ad library, then go to the official FB page that comes up, then select "all ads" in category and search for Daz. 

Great! Thanks!

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,152

?

Well Zale 8.1 Landlubber Bundle looks nice but the price is rather high - not to mention the price of the mega bundle. Also don't get any offers although I did get some for the other bundles.

And speaking on the products what about Kent? Is advertised as character but the promos focus strongly on the hair but that seems to be not included?

• Kaye KayeKaye Kaye Posts: 210
    edited July 2021
    Zale's HD is in the the mega bundle *and* the add ons, so you can't activate the 25% off deal without having to buy the HD twice.
    Post edited by Kaye Kaye on
  • SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited July 2021

Again, regular $1,99 PC items going up one dollar for PC members in the clearance 'sale', but by now  I have the suspicion that's actually how DAZ wants it, given the total lack of willingness to tackle this thus far.....Last chance to buy,. pay a dollar extra. (No, I won't.)

Post edited by Sempie on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,394

Rod Wise Driggo said:

?

Well Zale 8.1 Landlubber Bundle looks nice but the price is rather high - not to mention the price of the mega bundle. Also don't get any offers although I did get some for the other bundles.

And speaking on the products what about Kent? Is advertised as character but the promos focus strongly on the hair but that seems to be not included?

I've wondered about that too, especially since I really like the hair. Maybe it was to be included but then pulled at the last moment? Anyway, I'd sure like to have it, it looks beautiful. 

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

tsroemi said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

?

I've wondered about that too, especially since I really like the hair. Maybe it was to be included but then pulled at the last moment? Anyway, I'd sure like to have it, it looks beautiful. 

I bought the two sea bundles and got a discount for buying the two. Landlubber went down in price since I owned Zale. That meant I had everything in the mega bundle except the HD, so that was all I was charged for at a discount, That was my experience.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Sempie said:

Again, regular $1,99 PC items going up one dollar for PC members in the clearance 'sale', but by now  I have the suspicion that's actually how DAZ wants it, given the total lack of willingness to tackle this thus far.....Last chance to buy,. pay a dollar extra. (No, I won't.)

Seriously when people haven't bought any of them for $ 1.99 why they would suddenly be tempted to buy them for $ 2.99? So why would DAZ would want to spend manhours to resolve an error that hasn't really any consequences? devil

• SempieSempie Posts: 651

maikdecker said:

Sempie said:

Seriously when people haven't bought any of them for $ 1.99 why they would suddenly be tempted to buy them for $ 2.99? So why would DAZ would want to spend manhours to resolve an error that hasn't really any consequences? devil

I still use the older generations as background filler in crowd scenes. Some of these PC items I would have bought at an actual sale price. I did during the monthly PC sales, in June and October. Even stuff for Mike and Vicky 2. But I'm not going to buy any non-priority items when I would not even have bought them at their regular price, at a new increased price.

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 238
    edited July 2021

Buy the Zale 8.1 Mega Bundle and all the Zale 8.1 Add-Ons to get:
    An EXTRA 25% OFF* the Bundle and Add-Ons,

The Zale 8.1 HD Add-On is in the Bundle. But I have to buy it again to get the 25% (I put the Bundle and the other Add-Ons in the cart: no Discount. Only with the HD Add-On again 25% discount!)

I think that is an Error.

@Chris Palomino - can you check that? Thanx

Post edited by Joe2018 on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,350

Joe2018 said:

The Zale 8.1 HD Add-On is in the Bundle. But I have to buy it again to get the 25% (I put the Bundle and the other Add-Ons in the cart: no Discount. Only with the HD Add-On again 25% account!)

Also the HD addon is part of the megabundle so in order to get the deal you have to buy it twice even if you haven't previously bought it ??? 

Zale 8 megabundle deal.jpg
    1057 x 417 - 124K

Joe2018 said:

The Zale 8.1 HD Add-On is in the Bundle. But I have to buy it again to get the 25% (I put the Bundle and the other Add-Ons in the cart: no Discount. Only with the HD Add-On again 25% discount!)

I'll look at and enquire.

Charlie Judge said:

Joe2018 said:

The Zale 8.1 HD Add-On is in the Bundle. But I have to buy it again to get the 25% (I put the Bundle and the other Add-Ons in the cart: no Discount. Only with the HD Add-On again 25% account!)

Also the HD addon is part of the megabundle so in order to get the deal you have to buy it twice even if you haven't previously bought it ??? 

Will ask about this, too.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Have the Zale 8.1 Mega Bundle and all the Zale 8.1 Add-Ons in cart but can't get 1 Select Character Bundle for $1*

Lothar Weber said:

Have the Zale 8.1 Mega Bundle and all the Zale 8.1 Add-Ons in cart but can't get 1 Select Character Bundle for $1*

Lothar: Are you sure you have all the addons? If you previously purchased some of the add ons they aren't showing on the promo for you. You need to log out to be sure you see all the addons. 

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Charlie Judge said:

Lothar Weber said:

Lothar: Are you sure you have all the addons? If you previously purchased some of the add ons they aren't showing on the promo for you. You need to log out to be sure you see all the addons. 

Bought the HD yesterday... mmmh that doesn't count???? 

edited July 2021

Lothar Weber said:

Charlie Judge said:

Lothar Weber said:

It is one of the addons and you need it in your cart to activate the offer. (See the posts above yours)

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Lothar Weber said:

Charlie Judge said:

Lothar Weber said:

Am inquiring about this too.

• Lothar Weber said:

Charlie Judge said:

Lothar Weber said:

Am inquiring about this too.

Me too.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,764

Others have reported this and I came here also to ask if the hair is in Kent for G8.1F or not. I looked at the ReadMe and found some reference to it, but the file list has no mention of hair. So I am totally confused. Is something really messed up on the character's packaging or what? Or is the hair coming as a separate item later?

Is it possible to verify the contents because buying this item is worth it for that hair.

My thanks,

Mary

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 4.08.44 AM.png
    681 x 474 - 92K
    Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 4.09.32 AM.png
    616 x 208 - 151K
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,789

I got skunked by the expiration time on the gift card discount; In the microscopic font I only saw 7/23 and didn't note the 12:00 AM.  angry  Serves me right for looking at it on my phone...

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

WandW said:

I got skunked by the expiration time on the gift card discount; In the microscopic font I only saw 7/23 and didn't note the 12:00 AM.  angry  Serves me right for looking at it on my phone...

Once only (I think) they took the sensible suggestion of using 11:59 as an end time - which instantly clarified the date issue. It makes things so much clearer. If only that could be standard practice. 

• felisfelis Posts: 3,721

WandW said:

It is in my view really idiotic setting something to end at 12:00 AM. It should be 11:59 Pm of the matching day. 

• ProFotografProFotograf Posts: 112
    edited July 2021

I just tried to purchase the Zale 8.1 Mega Bundle, which has a deal of a select Character (in Daz's Listing) for $1.00 with purchase of the bundle.

Add ANY single character from the list and it goes 30% OFF PRICE in the Cart.

Is this a typical Friday Release Deal mess up, or is there some other reason this is happening?  I really want the Cleopatra Bundle, which is on the list. (See: Attachments)

I also tried a couple other items from the list, with no success, the Baxter Bundle came up with over $120.00 and the others their full 30% off sale prices.  So nothing came up for $1.00 according to the sale page.

I bought the two other bundles the day before yesterday, which are combined within the Zale 8.1 Mega Bundle plus the new Landlubber Bundle is part of the Mega Bundle.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?  Does anyone here have access to a DAZ Employee ( @Cris Cris Palomino) who could either fix this or explain why the deal doesn't work?

Thanks for any feedback,  I will hold off on buying this if the deal is to be fixed later.

ProFotograf / Antonio

SEE ATTACHMENTS:

Zale8.1MB_ERROR_01.jpg
    779 x 295 - 60K
    Zale8.1MB_ERROR_02.jpg
    835 x 527 - 88K
    Zale8.1MB_ERROR_03.jpg
    1208 x 801 - 108K
    Post edited by ProFotograf on
This discussion has been closed.